main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attacktix

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by hoggle2605, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMrB

DarthMrB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2005
    ICONUSA.COM IS SELLING SERIES 2 BOOSTER PACKS FOR $8.00! IT'S A LITTLE EXPENSIVE, BUT IT'S ALL THAT THERE IS RIGHT NOW. OR YOU CAN BUY LIKE 24 PACKS AND THEY'RE $7.00 EACH.

2. -Master-Plo-Koon-

-Master-Plo-Koon- Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2005
    since the last time i posted i got like 3 or 4 boosters.i found out that seris two is availible at a website i also heard a couple of sightings of seris two(not sure if their true or not) any way at walmart some thing call toyland is coming tommorrow im gonna check and see if its out then. the webpag or website or whatever is www.iconusa.com
    i probably will order some soon i hope this helps someone :)

3. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    Thanks for the tip. I'd like to point out that on the site -Master-Plo-Koon- gave the URL for, they have a scan of the Series 2 booklet that has been mentioned, for those that haven't seen the new figures yet. I think there are a lot of good-looking ones in there.
    [image=http://www.iconusa4.com/online/Images/attacktix/SW_Attacktix_s2_characters_medlg.jpg]

4. DarthMrB

Jul 31, 2005
    I'm the one that posted that website!

ICONUSA.COM IS SELLING SERIES 2 BOOSTER PACKS FOR $8.00! IT'S A LITTLE EXPENSIVE, BUT IT'S ALL THAT THERE IS RIGHT NOW. OR YOU CAN BUY LIKE 24 PACKS AND THEY'RE $7.00 EACH

I'm the one that posted that first!

5. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I apologize. I did not mean to deprive you of any credit. I did not notice your mention of that because I skipped your post because it was in all capitals and simply appeared to be someone advertising. I don't mean to be rude at all, I'm just explaining myself.

6. DarthMrB

Jul 31, 2005
    i didn't know people didn't like caps.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    DarthMrB - posting in all caps is considered the equivalent of yelling and is considered impolite. :)

8. DarthMrB

Jul 31, 2005
    I put it in caps so it can get attention because it's big news. Attacktix series 2 boosters are being sold at iconusa.com. That's big news

9. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I'm not really sure about that iconusa site.

While they are advertising Series 2 I'm pretty sure the pictures they have up are of the Series 1 Booster Packs. While I can't say for certain I'm pretty sure Hasbro would know that it makes sense to change the look of the box itself...after all the new Series 2 booklet that comes with the Gunship has Obi-Wan kicking a Destroyer Droid as the center bit, rather than Obi-Wan vs. Anakin. The top shots they show also look like they edited in the "2" over the "1".

As for the checklist picture...that's straight out of the booklet that you can already get with the Gunship. The only difference is that they've added their logo over every figure and covered up Hasbro's website addresses with their own (which is in poor taste, in my opinion).

Now, I know nothing of that site or anyone who has used it before, but personally I'm a bit skeptical that they have Series 2 packs in stock and ready to ship to you...they may be pre-ordering them in hopes that they'll get them soon, but I doubt they have them in hand.

10. HumanJedi_024

HumanJedi_024 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    IconUSA is legitimate. Quite a few people from an Attacktix board I visit have ordered and received series 2 booster packs from them.

11. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Fair enough...just wanted to post my thoughts on the subject, since I'm usually a little skittish when someone isn't showing me the product I'm ordering.

12. HumanJedi_024

Jul 3, 2002
    I completely understand. I was hesitant as well. I waited until it was confirmed by someone on the board before I placed my order. Now, I've got a case on the way!

13. HumanJedi_024

Jul 3, 2002
    Just a little update ... some of the people at this same site have found the series 2 starter in Virginia but no boosters.

14. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Hasbro has posted an update...looks like there will be not one but two Starter Sets for Series 2.

Looks like all the figures in these sets are re-hashed Series 1 figures...some of them look the same and some of them have been repainted...but all of them have new powers listed underneath. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the blind-packed common figure will be from the Series 2 common line-up.

Check it out here.

I'm a little split on these, I'm not sure if new powers are enough to make me happy about buying figures that in some cases I already have mulitples of. I was worried when I didn't see the Utapau or 501st Clone paint jobs in the Series 2 line-up, and now I realize Hasbro was saving them for these. It's a smart business move (makes sure most of us pick up these re-hash sets) but I still reserve the right to grumble about it a bit.

Of course, the Grievous vs. Obi-Wan set is brilliantly themed...which I can certainly appreciate. Can't really say the same for the Mace vs. Anakin set.

15. HumanJedi_024

Jul 3, 2002
    I agree. But I am a completist (i.e. sucker) so I'll pick up both of them.

:p

16. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    virginia, whoop!

17. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Oh...I'm a sucker too...though in my case I'm a Clone completist...so I'm stuck with both of them as well...whether I like it or not. ;)

18. DarthMrB

Jul 31, 2005
    Now that series 2 is hitting the shelves, shouldn't we make a series 2 forum?
    Anyways, I'm so glad that they're coming out now.

19. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I am just now thinking about getting into these. Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about it? Right now I have a Plo Koon and AT-TE driver from C3 and I friend gave me a Wookie Commando and Battle Droid.

20. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Well, each person has their own way of handling Attacktix.

I started off with a Starter Set and a Booster Pack to begin with...and since then I've allowed myself two Booster Packs a month (one for each paycheck is the timing). After I had a decent collection I went ahead and grabbed the BattleMasters AT-RT and Boga instead of Booster Packs one month. I've also traded a bit over on rebelscum.com's forums, which has helped me pick up a few things that I could never seem to get in the Boosters (force-push figures in particular).

I've enjoyed doing it this way because it's a slow, steady way to build up a collection without breaking the bank all at once. Now Series 2 is almost here and I have almost all of Series 1, having had a nice little treat to look forward to every couple of weeks.

The only problem is that now that I have a nearly complete collection every Booster Pack I pick up these days is nothing but repeats which kind of kills my enthusiasm. I'm thinking about taking a break...not buying anything new and focusing on trading to complete my set...until the Series 2 stuff hits the shelves.

The trick to starting now is that you'll be coming in toward the end of Series 1. If you don't mind the possibility of missing figures this shouldn't really be a problem...but if you want to make sure you get them all then it might be a good idea to start grabbing up some of the Booster Packs on the shelves before they wind up replaced. Of course, many of my stores around here still have plenty of Series 1 Boosters & Starter Sets...so it might not be that hard to go into Attacktix overdrive and grab a bunch.

21. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Cool, I will probably go grab a Starter Set today. I am not really getting them to collect them all so I don't mind if I miss some Series 1. Now are some harder to come by than others? The only ones that I would really like to get would be the jedi and sith ones. Thank you for your help.

22. DarthMrB

Jul 31, 2005
    I barely got into attacktix like less than a month ago, and i was thinking if i should wait for series 2, but i still bought a starter. Now, i hav 20 of them. And only 2 are doubles.

23. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Some are harder to come by than others because of the way they are packed. The good thing is, there's no real secret about it.

There are three levels of figures..."Common", "Rare", and "Super Rare". Each Booster Pack has three different random figures, one of each level of rarity. Since they are hidden in the box there is no way of knowing what you've got until you open it up.

For example in Series 1 there were five different "Common" figures...Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Wookiee Scout, Clone Trooper (Republic), and Clone Trooper (Separatist). In every Booster Pack you buy you are without a doubt going to get one of those five figures...so you'll army build with those generic figures pretty quickly. The rest of the pack will include one "Rare" and one "Super Rare" figure to fill out your armies with the more unique characters.

So in every pack there's a 1 in 5 chance of getting say, a Super Battle Droid, since he's a "Common" figure. Meanwhile you have a 1 in 10 chance of getting a Count Dooku...since he's one of 10 diferent "Rare" figures. Your chances are even less, 1 in 15, of getting a Yoda to fight that Dooku...since Yoda is one of 15 "Super Rare" figures in the original line-up.

Obviously this is where trading comes in. In Series 1 Nute Gunray was a "Super Rare" figure that wasn't very attractive to a collector who wasn't playing the game, but his special power was quite nice if you did play and used any "Rare" Neimodian Guard figures. He was a nice trade for me to get rid of a duplicate version of Yoda that I had...since the collector who had Gunray was only interested in really getting the character he really liked first.

Now, there are a few quirks I should point out...

Series 1 has "Chrome Base" figures that are identical to the normal versions except the black base is replaced with a shiny silver. There is a silver version of every one of the normal 30 figures, and the "Chrome" version is considerably more rare than its normal version. For a hint at how rare they are, I believe I've only come across three of them and I've bought at least a dozen Booster Packs...so perhaps one in every four or five packs includes one of these.

Series 1 also has some figures so rare that you can't even buy them. These are are painted enitrely in silver, and used by Hasbro as tournament trophies for Attacktix events at conventions. All of these that I've seen have been high-profile characters, so there probably isn't even a complete set of them (all 30 figs) to begin with.

Series 2 is going to have 6 "Common" figures instead of 5, so that will shift the odds a bit. I can't recall if they took the extra figure out of the "Rare" or "Super Rare" side of things...since there are still 30 normal figures total in the second series.

24. DarthMrB

Jul 31, 2005
    I think ur wrong. it only has 5 common again.
    Jedi Knight
    Utapau guard
    etc

25. DarthMrB

Jul 31, 2005
    My friend saw the gunship at a new target that opened in my town today. It was $13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.