main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Attention all costumed volunteers!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Greetings everyone!

I happened to go into Virgin Megastore Times Square today to get a pass for an instore they were having. I ran into a friend of mine who is a manager there, and she informed me that she was given a directive today (true Virgin style) to throw something together for the DVD release of the Original Trilogy. From my experience working there, it didn?t surprise me that they waited a week before to give an okay to something. So, with that said?.this is where the costumed folk come in.

She has asked me to relay a message for Tuesday, September 21st. If there is anyone that would like to go down to Virgin Megastore IN COSTUME that day and just walk around the store, help draw a crowd, help promote the DVD, you are more than welcomed to. Anyone who is interested in doing this, please PM me or contact me directly, with the times you are available for this. The store is open at 9am and closes at 1am. If you are working during the day and want to do it after work, you are more than welcomed to. In relation to costumes, ALL participants MUST have a costume. She said that she prefers a costume from the Original Trilogy, but if you do not have an OT costume, Prequel or EU is welcomed to come down.

If you are interested, I need to give her a list of people, costume that they are wearing, and the times they are available. Please contact me by Saturday evening so that I can relay the information to her so she can have it together to present to her boss on Monday morning.

Thank you all in advance, I hope you all have a great time!
    Marie

Contact me via PM at TFN: BellaSabrina

2. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm in Go get'em Scouts!!!!!

3. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm trying. Lord how I'm trying.

4. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    You've got a week, buddy.

Don't stress over it though, she'll be happy with whomever shows up and when. As long as it's a costume!

Please PM me via TFN if you are interested in this, do not email me or instant message me. This is the most reliable way to receive messages for me :) Thanks!

5. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I talked to my friend today and she's SO happy about the positive turnout that I've received for her. She also said that it won't be running all day, she's more for a noon to 5 run, and it seems as though that the majority of everyone who replied is available at that time.

So, you don't need to be there at 9am, instead at noon. Any other questions, please post or PM me because I will be speaking to her again on Sunday. She has to give in everything to her boss on MONDAY. So please let me know by Saturday evening the latest. Thanks everyone!

Also, Ed (Reaper63) will be the Captain of this operation, since he knows my friend as well. When you arrive at Virgin, please check in with Ed.

Thanks again!

6. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    My goodness, my brain needs a rest from all of this stuff!! Okay, I have an update for you folks. I just got off the phone with the RMD of Virgin, and she is looking for some costumed folk to go to Virgin TSQ tomorrow morning, a little before 11am. At 11am, the NY Post is having a reporter go there and interview you guys. I made sure that I could post it to everyone and she said to go ahead! If anyone can make it tomorrow morning, PLEASE contact me ASAP. I need to call her back tonight and give her the final scoop.

Also, if nobody is doing the event in Long Island for the Best Buy, and is available do to a midnight event at Virgin TSQ, PLEASE CONTACT ME about that too. They are also looking to get some people for midnight, and the NY Post will be there as well. And yes, you have to have a costume. For this, they prefer original trilogy, I believe. I will be asking if there are going to be prizes or something handed out to those who show up for either midnight event or Tuesday event. Let's hope I get a yes on this, because anyone who shows up deserves that much.

Tuesday is still on as well. That will run from noon-5pm.

Any questions? Lemme know. I'm home all night.

7. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    More news: The event is still on for Tuesday (noon to 5pm). There is also another event being held in the store at 6pm. There's going to be a lot of exposure for all the costumers due to the traffic that's expected that day.

That's excellent news and I am going to be in constant contact with the RMD from Virgin this weekend to keep you guys better updated.

8. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    From the Post's website

September 19, 2004 -- It's the DVD box set more anticipated than the rebels' defeat of the Empire ? and to celebrate its New York release tomorrow at midnight, Star Wars fanatics are dressing up and partying down.
    Hundreds of stormtroopers, Darth Vaders and Princess Leias plan to throw parties wackier than any in Jabba the Hutt's lair to welcome the return of the trilogy.

One Manhattan fanatic, Wilson Cleveland, 30, has spent $2,200 on a 65-inch wide-screen television for his tiny West Village studio apartment so he can relive his childhood watching the groundbreaking movies on the "big screen."

"There was no way I was going to watch it on a normal TV. This was the impetus," said Wilson, who bought the giant Toshiba TV online before such models even arrived in city shops.

"It's nostalgic to watch this on a big screen as I have such fond memories of watching it like that when I was a kid.

"People make fun of me, but . . . I suppose if there was ever an extravagance I really wanted, this is it."

Kevin "Ziggy" Zawabam, 30, of Jersey City, says he had no intention of going to work Tuesday after partying in a Darth Vader costume at Best Buy in Westbury, L.I., Monday night.

"Pretty much everyone I know is getting dressed up and going to a midnight party somewhere," he said.

Richard Kopacz, 29, a criminal-defense attorney, spent $3,000 and hours of labor creating his stormtrooper costume.

"I think every one of us will run home as soon as we get our hands on the DVD and watch all three films immediately," he said.

Virgin Megastores in Union Square and Times Square plus several Best Buys are expecting thousands to attend their midnight parties to buy the $41.99 collectors' item, which features "Star Wars: A New Hope," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."

Orders for the DVD set have been placed online up to two months in advance. The set also includes a 2 1/2-hour documentary on the making of the series.

The DVD release comes before the May theater debut of the third and final episode of the epic, titled "Star Wars: Episode III ? Revenge of the Sith."

I guess we'll have to start calling Zippy 'Ziggy' lol I didn't see any pics on the site, maybe they're in the paper itself.

9. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    for the record, if you get the Actual paper, there is a picture of Ziggy Rich and Myself in full color.

It was alot of fun doing the photo shot, and I'm looking forward to what the actual release events has to offer.

10. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Got four people who want to come out for the midnight event. Anyone else? I need to know tonight. THANKS!

11. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I had a message on my voicemail about the midnight event at Virgin tomorrow.....it's still on, no matter how many people show up. I've got a handful of people who are going to be there already Since I don't think anyone from this group will be coming from Jersey, you'll be meeting up and checking in with Gary (DarthGyos). I am assuming she wants you there by 11pm until they close at 1am, but I am waiting for her phone call about that.

Also, for those that make the haul to Virgin TSQ tomorrow night, she is offering passes to meet Duran Duran at their instore in October. I'll see if there's anything else you can get if you don't want to meet Duran Duran. But only costumed people will be getting the passes.

As for Tuesday (noon-5) I'm waiting to hear back from her about getting stuff for the Tuesday people too. I'm sure there's something in it for you guys too. Ed (Reaper63) will be your check-in guy for that event. Be there by 11:30am, please.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

12. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Gary just called me, they are on their way home.

They got interviewed by Howard Stern's crew. I LOVE IT!

13. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    . . . and not only that -- when the alarm-clock-radio went off at 7:02 this a.m., tuned to CBS 880 AM, what's the first thing I hear but a story on the Virgin Megastore midnight sale of the DVDs, including a soundbite of "Star Wars fan Gary Y___", saying that now he can watch the films over and over again until he gets tired of them, "which will probably be never"! (or something like that)

What's next -- the Darth Gyos Hour, Jersey's own SW AM Radio Talk Show . . . ? :cool:

14. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Whoa! My honey's a celebrity :)

Anyone listen to Stern this morning?

15. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Piette I would LOVE my own show. "Much a chat about NOTHING!!!" lol

Famous, nah- but I'll take the blurb about SW.
    The guy turned off the camera and asked if I will buy them tonight- I said hell no.

~DG~

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Because then you'd be homeless if you brought that into this home ;)

Guess which couple doesn't like the SE?

17. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Damn I was hoping they would try and push my buttons during the interview. I woulda given them the magic words! It was still funny as hell though.

18. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Everywhere I was this past couple of days I had a blast!!! Even wasn't that bad going back to work today either.

19. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Shattering all records for entertainment franchise spending in a single day, Star Wars fans around the world have spent more than $115,000,000 on in-home Star Wars entertainment. Single day sales for the most requested DVDs of all time, the Star Wars Trilogy, combined with the release of the new Star Wars Battlefront videogame have set yet another benchmark for the most popular entertainment franchise in the world.

Easily setting a record for the best selling film collection ever released on DVD, the Star Wars films boasts global box office performance in excess of $3.4 billion, not adjusted for inflation. Worldwide home entertainment sales for the Star Wars franchise stand at more than 125 million units inception to date.

More...

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6818/115000000-Day-One-Worldwide-Sales-for-Star-Wars

20. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    And I am proud to say none of my money went into his pocket.

21. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    100 of mine did. [face_love]

22. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm actually wondering if there was anything aired on Stern's show with us in it. I'd love to see that video.

23. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    You could probably get a hold of them somehow and see. I work down the street from there, but there's no way I could get upstairs to ask for a tape or something. Maybe write to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.