Attention all Discworld fans in London or Oxford and nearby!

Discussion in 'South' started by Mar17swgirl, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    (I posted this on the London and general FFUK boards as well. Third time lucky, I guess... :p)

I've got two tickets for the theatrical adaptation of "Making Money", Terry Pratchett's latest Discworld book, as I was planning to go there with a friend. Unfortunately my friend can't make it to the UK next weekend, so now I'm stuck with one extra ticket.

Would anyone here be interested?

The ticket is for this Saturday's (24 November) performance at 2:30 PM, and the play takes place at the Unicorn Theatre in Abingdon, near Oxford. It is performed by Studio Theatre Club, an amateur theatre group led by Stephen Briggs, who is also author of the adaptation, and well known to all Discworld fans.

The ticket costs £8. If anyone is interested, please let me know as soon as possible.

Here is the website of STC, you can also find directions to the Unicorn Theatre there.
  2. Cobranaconda Jedi Master

star 7
  3. Mar17swgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I just need to sell this ticket!
  4. Cobranaconda Jedi Master

star 7
    I would go, but Oxford is evil, and it's hard enough to get to Oxford, let alone Abingdon. 3 train transfers and a bus between Andover and Basingstoke until the tracks are fixed = horrid.
  5. Mar17swgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Aw, pity, I kind of counted on you...

Um, okay, anyone else? [face_hopeful]
  6. GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight

star 5
    Saturday? Arg. :( Curse my work!

Still, good luck finding someone who can go. :)
  7. sestrjenka Jedi Youngling

Hi,

I would love to go, but Saturday is unfortunate... Still, maybe I could manage -- I'll write again in the evening. But if somebody is around here with a ticket for Tue to Thurs and would prefer Saturday, it would be just perfect, though a complicated exchange...

Thanks,

Alya
  8. Sith-I-5 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Voted 'Post Most Likely To Require Locking'.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.