Attention all MDFF Members! A new Chapter Rep is needed.

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Attention all members of the MDFF!

I have spoken to Jedi Knight Seifer about his responsibilities as CR, and also about a lack of activity on the MDFF forums. As of now Jedi Knight Seifer is no longer the Chapter Rep for MDFF. Danakin Skywalker has been made the Interim Chapter Rep at this time. A new vote is needed to elect a new permanent Chapter Rep. Danakin Skywalker will be working hard to plan any upcoming events until this takes place. One of his first priorities will be to coordinate a meeting for the members of MDFF so that a election can be held and the membership can vote for a new Chapter Rep.

At this time all changes to the forum, cleaning up of the boards or changes are on hold until a permanent Chapter Rep is elected. Once that takes place I will work with the new CR and coordinate any updates that are needed.

Remember this when voting for a new CR. The Chapter Rep needs to be active on his cities forum, check the Chapter Rep forums regularly, and also need to remember to keep me informed of what is going on as well. He needs to be able to be counted on in this position. He is your representative for your city, and must be 18yrs old.

I wish you all the best in accomplishing this process and moving forward from this point in time.

Thank you,

Shawn Berger
    Fanforce RSA - Pacific Region
  2. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you Shawn, this has been needed for awhile.

Alright everyone, listen up. There is definitely a need for change here, but for things to run smoothly, changes have to start at the top.

We need a meeting as soon as possible, I suggest this upcoming Saturday, the 18th. Anytime that is necessary to make sure that we get the most attendance possible.

Let me know what's on everyone's mind...
  3. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Its sad to see that our City Represenative stepped down :( .

I had hoped that he would stay to help this group grow, yet I know he said he had much on his mind, and as so, I'm sad to see him go.

I will really try to be there this up-coming meeting. If not I will send my thoughts to the RSA as I will be holding a late B-Day party on that day, celebrating my 18th birthday.

If it can be arranged for two meetings, for those whom could not attend then I will be more then happy to show, as this is an important issue. I will also try to bring those whom I located on the internet to this meeting as well. As they being new members need imput on whom they wish to represent us :D .
  4. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    You have my vote and confidence DanakinSkywalker.

What is thy bidding?
  5. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortunately, we can't make this decision over two meetings. We are currently without a CR and need a replacement as soon as possible.

Jedi_Knight_Seifer isn't leaving the MDSWS, he's just stepped down from the CR position. It is my hope that he doesn't take this change the wrong way, as it really is for the better.

You all know I am online essentially all day, and I really have the most time to carry out this job effectively. I hope you all agree I have what it takes to do the job if you all vote me in as our new CR.
  6. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I never stepped down. I was removed. Certain people felt that I wasn't spending enough time on the boards for me to have done a good job.
  7. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It was the truth. Like I said, I hoped you wouldn't take it the wrong way. It was a necessary change.
    This was not the action of any certain members here, so there's no need to blame anyone.
  8. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I post a lot. Oh wait, I don?t go to the meetings. Never mind.
  9. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Im not blaming anyone. I just wanted to make it clear I didn't step down. Thats all, whoever the new CR is I will support them.
  10. Jedi_Blues Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd like to make to the meeting as well since it's of the utmost importance. Unfortunately.. Saturday is the one day that's booked solid for me, and there is no way, it seems, that the meeting can be postponed or divided into two.

Could this in any way be reconsidered? The lagality becomes a tad skewed if only a few of the total members are there...

Also, the CR isn't just about time. Yes, time is an important factor, but it isn't (or shouldn't be) the sole thing that decides a CR.
  11. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    No one said this was just about time, but it is the sole reason the former CR was removed. That's why I'm making it abundantly clear that the new CR will have the utmost amount of time to do the job.
    And with the meetings, this is an important matter, and can't be stretched over two weeks. We can't do anything without a real CR, that much is obvious. Perhaps Shawn can shed some light onto how he feels about this.
  12. Jedi_Blues Jedi Knight

star 1
    Then perhaps not streching it out over two weeks. Why not postponing the meeting one day and having it on Sunday instead of Saturday?
  13. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    You are the Interim CR, so technically that would give you the powers of the CR until a new one was elected. At least thats what I would think.
  14. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Very true. Would everyone be able to make it on Sunday then?
  15. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I could still make it then. Just need a time.
  16. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Alrighty then. What time is best for everyone? I don't want to leave anyone out.
  17. Jedi_Blues Jedi Knight

star 1
    How about the usual time: 8 o'clock?

Though.. some people might have school the next day and need their sleep, so it might be best to move the meeting back an hour if that's the case.
  18. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sunday should be fine for me too. Doesn't matter what time, it's all good.
  19. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Just to be safe, I'm going to make the meeting at 6:00 PM.

So there it is. The meeting is as follows:

Date/Time:
    - Sunday, October 19th at 6:00 PM

- Gold Strike Lanes (PM me if you need directions.)

Topics of Discussion:
    - Election of New CR
    - Appointment of officers
    - Any discussion anyone feels is relevant

If anyone cannot make this meeting, let it be known.
  20. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Alright then, Sunday it is, and that meeting I'll be there for. If Curtis is willig to give me I ride of course ;) .
  21. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I should be able to. My usual ride (jedi_homer3) is gone on vacation so I will have to figure something else out. I should be able to get the ride though.
  22. DarthReam Jedi Padawan

I will have to take a look at my plans but sunday sounds good for me. But I will make sure and then pm danakinskywalker.
  23. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sounds cool Jedi_Knight_Seifer! :cool:

Just give me a call and inform me of the time to which you'd be able to retrieve me 8-} .

I PM'd it your way!

Also, I can't wait to meet you DarthReam :D .
  24. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, I look forward to meeting you too, DarthReam ;).
  25. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, everyone that will be able to make it to the meeting, please reply and say so. I want some idea of how many will be present.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.