main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN ATTENTION! ATTETTION! Nashville Fan Force Member Lunch Oct.1@11:00

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by padmeamidala55, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    Guys just wanted to invite you guys to join us for lunch On Oct. 1, at 11:00
    In front of my building The Andrew Johnson Tower. We will probably discuss our fan film as well as celebration next May so if you can be there.(You will have to buy your own lunch) any questions

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I will be there. It's possible that Elan Rai will be there, though he has to go into work at Noon.

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Looks like I should be able to make it as well.

4. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Padme you really ought to post that list of what we will discuss because we want people to be thinking about it when they come to the meeting.

5. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Of course, I can't make it...but I'll be with ya'll in spirit.

6. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    okay guys here is what we will be discussing today in our meeting

How much dues should be and how often we should collect the dues

Need to alot time to pre-order tickets for SW Celebration II

Getting a wedsite(Found a nice site)

Meeting for the Episode 1 DVD(we ought to buy it together and than meet sometime later to watch it

Planning for the Episode II Teaser Trailer

How we will get more members to join

Discuss Our next Fan film

LAST BUT NOT LEAST LET'S HAVE FUN

7. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Sorry, I couldn't make it, but I was with you in spirit as well :) Let us know how it went. Have a force-filled week!

8. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    It's a miracle! I finally made it. (Third time is the charm) It was pretty kewl.

What we talked about:
    1) Dues, we never really figured how much or how often, but Hama had a great idea that I have to agree with: Dues should only pay for the regular expenses such as the website, etc. Special events like SW Celebration II should be payed for by those who are going.

2) Briefly discussed webhosting, so far it looks like we will be going with GNXOnline using their Windows2000 Premium service, which has jumped to 56.40 per year. You get 100MB, full ASP support, 10 POP3 Email accounts, etc. If you can find a better webhost then please do (must have ASP3.0 support)

3) Getting more members to join: some of the ideas mentioned included posting an add of some sort on JediTalk , and of course using various events (Ep2 Trailers, Ep1 DVD, etc.) to promote our fan force chapter by using flyer's or something like that. Whatever we do, we need to get the website up at it's own domain name ASAP!

Future events:
    1) Tuesday, Oct. 16th: We can all meet during the day or early in the morning to buy our Episode I DVD's! We need to figure out where we are going to go to buy them and then figure out when and where we are going to get togethor to watch it.

2) Friday, November 2nd: Okay so officially it hasn't been confimed but it's a pretty good bet that the Teaser trailer for Episode II is going to bundled with Pixar's Monsters Inc. We should definately plan on meeting for this one. Which theatre do we want to meet at?

3) Thursday, November 15th: This is when we can register for Star Wars Celebration II. I don't think we will meet for this one because it's done on-line, but I suppose that we could if we really wanted to, we need to figure out who is going (obviously most if not all of us will not be able to be 100% sure until we get closer to May, 2002)

9. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Thanks Matt for the "notes" on the meeting. So far, the only date I see that I can meet up with ya'll is November 2nd for the Episode II trailer. Whatever theater you guys prefer is fine with me...I just need to know a day or two before so I can get directions. The webhost sounds good to me. Price-wise it seems about right for everything we need to get us up and going. Tuesday the 16th, I'll be stopping by my friendly Wal-Mart SuperCenter (LOW PRICES...EVERYDAY) and picking up my copy of The Phantom Menace DVD. It'll be about 4:30am, so maybe I won't have to wait in line...lol Sure wish I could watch it with you guys. I'll be thinking about you all while I'm kicked back with a big bowl of Orville Reddenbacher and a tall glass of Mountain Dew!! So far, who all for sure is going to Celebration II? I'd love to go, but my jedi powers just won't let me see that far into the future...must be the decaf. Hope everyone's doing great and talk to ya'll soon. MTFBWY

10. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Sorry I couldn't make it guys and gals. The unfortunate side to my job is that I work a LOT of night shifts with me going in at noon. If we were to meet closer to where I work (south Nashville/Brentwood) then I could possibly be there.

Glad to hear the meeting went well. It sounds like you all had a lot to talk about and made a lot of head-way. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Steja, I will ask off the night of November 2nd so I can catch the trailer with everyone. In the meantime, MTFBWY!! :D

11. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    "If we were to meet closer to where I work (south Nashville/Brentwood) then I could possibly be there"

The same goes for me. I work downtown Franklin and only have an hour for lunch. Add in a commute to Nashville for a NFF meeting (about 20-25 minutes each way) and I have approximately 10 minutes to sit down and talk with you guys AND eat lunch.

As far as seeing the teaser goes, I'm of course all for the Thourougbred in Cool Springs, but unfortunately it's a good trip for some of you just to watch a 2 minute SW clip.

The Episode I DVD is supposed to be $18 at Best Buy. I don't know what Wal-mart is pricing theirs at, but I would expect about the same. I picked up the Mummy Returns this morning for $18 + tax at the Super Wal-mart in Cool springs. They had a ton. I would expect the same with Episode I. Somehow, I doubt there will be a shortage. Catch you all later! :)

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, pa55 will not be joining us for lunch anytime soon. So if we want to have lunch somewhere further south next time, that will work for me.

It would be good to mix up the days of the week and locations anyway, so that we're not excluding the same people over and over.

13. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey k kanos, we are going to see The Musketeer tonight at 7:15. I didn't know if you had seen it or not, so I thought I'd invite ya. :)

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    We'll also be at the Chick Fil'A nearby at 6:00 for a pre-movie dinner (not that we won't buy popcorn anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.