main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Attention British Folks

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/b...joking-about-burning-down-white-house-n189316

It appears your embassy seems to be gloating about the burning of our beloved White House during the war of 1812. Sadly your embassy employees are not quite the History majors they think they are.
    Yes you did burn the White House after the defenders of Washington DC ran away like cowards. Yes it gave you the perfect chance to burn the White House. But you only got as far as DC. A few miles north wasn't exactly easy. I am referring to the city of Baltimore. The citizens of Baltimore saw the smoke rise from the White House and didn't run. They didn't hide. They built a defense of city and stood up to your navy. September 14th 1814 was the day you got your collective asses sent back to England. Sure you had bigger guns and lots of ships. But the people of Baltimore stood up to you. Not as an army but all the citizens. You see it was only by the entire city pitching in to built the earthworks and to man the guns and the defenses that it worked. We sunk ships to keep you at bay. Your longer guns were useless at the range you were forced to be at. Oh sure we didn't sink any of ships but so what, we didn't have to. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at that distance. But you did get some lucky shots, by lucky I mean one cannon shot right into Fort McHenry's powder room. British reliability being what it is, the shot didn't ignite. By morning you had ran out of ammunition and thus went back home with no victory. And as for Fort McHenry the largest flag that could be made was flown over the Fort that day. So that the world would know that on that day, the City of Baltimore said screw you. We are free, and we will stand up to you or any other nation.

Of course if you want I can sum it up in a song.

Oh and
    I was born in Baltimore, Md.

2. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Nobody cares Beezel.

3. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    http://www.starspangled200.com/
    If you live in the Northeast between NY and NC, I advise you to come and visit. There will be lots of attractions and boats visiting.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It's a bloody shame they only stopped there.

[​IMG]

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I like how beezel's post implies that he's the hero who stopped the British.

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    It happened over 200 years ago beez, it's time to get over it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    And if it wasn't meant to be set on fire, why was it made of wood?!

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't think even a clever Homicide or Wire reference can save this thread.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I thought that war was about stopping America from invading Canada? The British did accomplish that. Then a guy named Napoleon came along and they decided they had more important matters closer to home.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    THERE IS NOTHIN' MORE IMPORTANT THAN MURICA! [face_flag]

But seriously, it's rare the bad guy wins in history and yet, the US won the independence war.

Rew likes this.
  11. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Beezel aiming to pick a more meaningless cause than where the Romanovs are buried.

jp-30, Ender Sai and Point Given like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We tried to invade Canada? LOL.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    **** off, Beezel, you insufferable ****.

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I always wondered whether SkywalkerNumbers reserved the same outrage for the mass graves in Rwanda, Bosnia, etc.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Are you mad?

The Romanovs were not cursed by god with tainted skin!

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Take that, British posters!

jp-30 and 07jonesj like this.
  17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Being verbally assailed by beefel is like being attacked with a sodden newspaper that nobody had the foresight to roll up in a club.

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Beezel.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    hey biritsh peolple do you think its funny to say that you bruend our white house i mean ok yes it happened and i know my hisstory but let me tell you guys i think if we burned your Big Ban or your Buckerwheat Palace you could be like hey guys that's not ok what about the community we have you shoiuld visit london there is a lego place at windsor which is not in london ok i know this but its ok because its closer than france. you should also go on the Minnelium Dome wheel which goes over the city and there is a building called the Shah which i think is offensive because it sounds like the iranian shah what do you guys think,

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  20. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

FTFY

Diggy likes this.
  22. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    solojones sometimes i imagine what it must be like to be so tragically, achingly wrong about everything all the time and then i just kind of cry myself to sleep

god keep you

23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think she said recently that she felt certain posters were following her around just to give her ****, so I guess she isn't wrong about everything all the time.:(

Rogue_Ten, Ender Sai and jp-30 like this.
  24. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah it's not like rogue ten was already in the thread making post or anything...

...oh, wait.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    You're relentless. For all your enlightened ideals you certainly treat some people like **** for no good reason. I'm sure that if I had made the same post-- a harmless joke-- you would not have said anything like that. It probably would have passed without comment. There's a reason it's called "trolling" and not "being a decent human being. "

Obi-Zahn Kenobi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.