main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Attention collectors!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by djtom, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djtom

djtom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    From www.ibj.com...

Kmart Corp. this afternoon announced three Indianapolis stores will be among 326 stores the retailer plans to close by early April.

The local stores are a Super K at 6780 W. Washington St., a Big K at 8752 N. Michigan Road and a Super K at 3585 Commercial Drive, near the intersection of 38th Street and Lafayette Road.

A store on South Shelby Street closed last year, when the company closed 283 stores. After the closures announced today, Kmart will have about 1,500 stores nationwide.

Other Indiana stores slated for closure are in Evansville, Fort Wayne, Greensburg, Hammond, Logansport, Monticello, Muncie, Wabash and West Lafayette.

Indianapolis will have four Kmart stores after the closings, on Pendleton Pike, Thompson Road, Madison Avenue and East Washington Street. Several towns in the Indianapolis area, including Noblesville, Brownsburg and Greenwood, also have Kmart stores.

2. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Watch for one of these stores to be a "clearing house" store. AS I have been told by a couple of K-mart employees here (we always seem to be "on the verge") The more profitable of the stores will be come a clearing house store for the others. As inventories are dwindled they will move product to get the stores closed faster.

Also, here at K-mart anoth round of SW markdowns took place. Check your remeianing stores for more markdowns.

3. JediKitty

JediKitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 1999
    Grrr...now Logansport won't have anything but Wal-Mart. (unless you count Big Lots, and vast numbers of dollar stores) Can you say 'price increases'? Grrr...

4. TK-8620

TK-8620 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2003
    I'll check the kmart on commercial drive. Last time I was there, I dont think that they had anything. Sad thing is, they JUST got done remodeling it over the summer!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.