main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ATTENTION LINCOLN - Very Important

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    We need to get this group ACTIVE. I am getting very frustrated. In case you didn't notice, I've not been posting in the Lincoln forum for the last 2 months. And its obvious that no one seemed to notice.

For 2004 Lincoln needs to do the following

- Have 3 meetings/outings/get togethers

- ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE! (If we don't advertise, they won't join)

-T-shirt, icon and banner

No one will join unless they know this place exists. And they won't know unless we actually get this group advertised.

So, seriously, we need to get to work. If this group doesn't have any fun activities and all people do is chat about UNL or something, it won't really appeal to people.

We also need to establish a set of guidelines for age requirements. You have to be 13 to join the boards, so lets just make that the age requirement.

And also, if we would get younger members, we need to have something to show parents that we are responsible or whatever.

Lets try to get Lincoln ACTIVE, okay?

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Here we go again...

In case you didn't notice, I've not been posting in the Lincoln forum for the last 2 months. And its obvious that no one seemed to notice.

I don't know about everyone else), but I definitely have noticed that you haven't been posting. It's kind of not hard to notice when one person stops posting when there are only about five people (I'm being generous) post.

My question is, why haven't you been posting? When the CR doesn't post it makes it kind of hard to try to organize things... and then our meeting thread was locked, which definitely didn't help things.

I guess I also just don't understand why people are obsessed with having a huge FF chapter. If we get ten to fifteen people I would be happy. This group isn't just about having a lot of members, and I don't think that our success should be gauged on that. Instead we should strive to make good friends or even try to help our community in some way.

We will be more active this year. Episode III is lurking on the horizon and we could have a really good time with it, we just need everyone to pull together for once and work on everything collaboratively.

3. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    1) I don't go to UNL. I'm NOT in college anymore.

2) I don't have anything to say

3)I'm VERY busy trying to get other things done - and I'm sticking to other forums right now. If Lincoln became more active, I'd post more.

4) I asked that the 6th meeting thread get locked because it hadn't had any activity since 9/20. It can probably be unlocked or we can start a NEW thread.

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    1) I don't go to UNL. I'm NOT in college anymore.

But that isn't out only purpose... we do have the Cantina that we could just chat it. I know it's been ignored recently, but I've tried to get conversations going in it.

2) I don't have anything to say

Oh Liz, I'm sure you have things to say. The forum was a lot more fun when you would post in it. :(

3)I'm VERY busy trying to get other things done - and I'm sticking to other forums right now. If Lincoln became more active, I'd post more.

But as a CR I think it's your duty to at least post in your own forum, isn't it? It probably doesn't look that good from an outside point of view if the CR doesn't seem to care about their own chapter anymore. And really, because we are such a small group, we would need your involvement in order for us to become more active.

4) I asked that the 6th meeting thread get locked because it hadn't had any activity since 9/20. It can probably be unlocked or we can start a NEW thread.

I'll start a new thread soon, if you would like.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey all,
    My name is Ming S. Pan, City Rep of the San Francisco Fan Force. Jedi Liz is frustrated as you all may have noticed but as a CR now myself I can relate to her position. It's hard when you care a lot about a group and want to see it succeed and yet it seems no one else cares (when I'm sure there are many people that actually do). Obviously we all have lives outside of SW but that doesn't mean we can't make some new friends who like the same things such as our beloved Star Wars saga. I think the most frustrating thing is trying to get other to put in more effort as a group. Liz talked about community in the CR admin forum and she is absolutely right that it is a group effort and not just hers alone.

Although the two month non-posting thing was a mistake on her part, it was to gauge if anyone else really does care as she does (in a flawed experimentative kinda way, sorry Liz, no insult intended!). As CRs we aren't meant to "lead" but we just guide, keep the peace, and make sure everything is flowing well, just like the Jedi. All Fan Forces do not just belong to one person alone to coordinate and participate in, it is for the people of the club and everyone who loves the same things to get together and participate activily if possible. As someone who fought a HUGE war to reform our own Fan Force you guys are lucky to have a CR that cares and wants this group to succeed this much. May the Force be with you all in your continuing endevours here. :)

6. Jediflyer

Jediflyer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 5, 2001
    Cool!

A motivational speaker! (read that post in Chris Farley voice)

But seriously, I am open to meeting.

I don't have a car, however, so if we meet off campus, I will need to get a ride.

I suggest we just make a list of dates when everyone is available and pick one that works for all of us (or most of us). We can then go to that meeting and see how it goes. I would suggest having a series of meetings and fine tuning the process before we start advertising and whatnot. We need to decide what we want to be before we try to get people to join.

Now, lets get our act together or else we will end up LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

7. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them...

Seriously though, I wish you guys well. May the Force be with you all! :)

8. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
  9. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Yeah, that is a very good idea......I wonder if there's a thing like this for LINCOLN's Big Brothers / Big Sisters though......

EDIT:

Yup, there's a website for the Heartland Big Brothers / Big Sisters

Heartland Brothers / Sisters fund raiser

The only thing is......I've never bowled except on this silly computer game I have...

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I'd be very interested in doing something like that... but I'm horrible at fundraising. If I read that correctly, would each one of us have to raise about 100 dollars? :(

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Don't forget that C3 is coming up soon. It's never too early to start planning for it, getting costumes ready, etc.

Indianapolis isn't that far from you. :D Hope to see some of you there.

12. DarthNatron

DarthNatron Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2003
    Speaking of getting costumes ready...does anyone know how to make the stormtrooper armor like the 501st?

13. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    You'll need to contact someone from the 501st, or buy armor off ebay. Realistic completed cost is $700 or more, once you have the armor, bodysuit, blaster, boots, etc.

Also go to www.studiocreations.com --he has several good tutorials. You may also want to check out the Costuming and Props Forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.