main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal! (J/J, Kyp/Anja, more) Complete! NEW STORY PART 9/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NarundiJedi, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Man, am I having problems with staying up to date artound here.

NJ, I can only say one thing aboiut that last post- LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Wes and Inyri: about to maybe get somewhere nice and romantically and then hObbie springs his "trap" so to speak.

Awesome story NJ, I can't wait for the sequel! ^_^

:Targeter:

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    First off, I'm sorry I haven't been in here lately. I've been around but I haven't had the mental energy to do anything story-related. Work has been and still is a big pain in my ass and I don't know when that's going to change, but it is a vow of mine to get through replies tonight from way back when and to start with the task of counting all the saga votes. I think I've come up with a pretty good system so it shouldn't take too long, but we'll see.

Before I begin replies, I just want to give a big sweeping thank you to all who have replied and enjoyed this story. It's great that you guys respond and I'm looking forward to writing the next installment of this series. Right now the inspiration is a little lacking, but maybe if I pose a few questions in here then you guys can help me figure things out.

Jae Angel

3. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    We humbly await your return and wish you well, Oh Mistress of the Mysteries *bows*

*kicks her self in the head...too much Shakespeare* [facE_silly]

4. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    What's this? Could it be replies?! :eek:

Dev - Somehow I don't see Anja feeling like blowing **** up when she reaches the later stages of pregnancy with THIS baby . . .

Elu and _princess_leia_ - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the teaser. :)

Elu - Thanks! I'm glad you liked the ending, and R'aa'nlan. I hope I can get a sequel together soon. [face_blush]

Ambyr - Awww, thank you! I know, cliffies are tough, but hopefully you'll be there to find out what happens next if and when I finally get around to writing it. :p

3MD - Thanks :)

Skate - Thank you! You can always count on me to have at least something more for you to read, because I can't really stop writing . . . You can also count on me to add ewoks into everything too. [face_mischief] Glad you liked!

_princess_leia_ - Thanks, and you bet it will! :p

Suzuki - Thank you so much! Yes, it will be a while before Anja trusts Brodey again, or the old man. [face_laugh] And you'll get a sequel!

RM - Thanks! :D I'm glad you found it fun!

Dev - Thank you! You THINK you followed it from the beginning? Hmmmm, I do have a word file if you want one. [face_mischief]

Shelly - Thank you so much! I'm glad you were still peeking in and enjoyed it.

Targeter - Lol! Go Siri! Okay, tht amused me a lot for some reason.

Nice ending. I hate To be Continued thingys though... it's the gosh darned suspense.

(Did you like HP? I saw it twice on Friday and loved it! *don't kill me Dev* )
    Yeah, Siri knows how to push his buttons. Thank you, and I know that tbc is teh devil for most of you guys, but please bear with me for just a bit longer. And yes, I loved HP.

jade - Thanks! *crosses fingers for the awards* Actually, I'm crossing my fingers more that I get the votes counted and get all the entertainment settled before this weekend . . .

Elu - LOL!

Solo_and_Fel - Thanks! It's a relief to end things, believe me! I'm glad you enjoyed the more *ahem* human side to some of the characters. Maybe I'm overdoing it, but to me they seem more personable with human-like quirks.

Skate - Hehe, I'm glad you guys missed me but I was really enjoying the beach at that point. I kinda wish I was back there . . .

JG - Yup, you beat him, and I'm glad you liked! Thanks!

Solo_and_Fel - Yeah, I figured people would enjoy that bonus post, especially J/J lovers. I'm glad you liked! Syal certainly is a good actress, isn't she?

Elu - Thankies!

Dev - Thanks! Yeah, poor Jaina, but at least she got Jag. And my walk was good, IIRC.

Suzuki - I think you're supposed to construe it that way. [face_mischief] Thanks, and sorry no J/TK update, but I don't like them THAT much. Plus I want to spite 3MD. [face_devil]

Skate - LOL! I love your random blurbs that are pretty much as funny as what is written, except that one was off-topic. Glad you liked! I don't know about flyboys, but maybe one of them at a time . . .

Squirt - Are you JG or 3MD?

jade and _princess_leia_ - Cute? Awwww, thanks!

Targeter - I assumed that most sick minds would figure it out on their own. Glad you did. ;)

Skate - Thanks for the up!

Teh Dancers - LOL! [face_dancing]

green_eyes - Thanks! Yep, poor Hobbie might be on his way to getting a girl, but at least he got Wes back! :D Sequel comes after the fanfic awards.

Skate - I'm glad I solved that mystery! Thanks! I bet Hobbie is glad to get rid of them too . . .

JG - Thanks and yep, you're right!

Targeter - *snickers too* I love Hobbie too much to not let him get sweet revenge. I'm glad you liked!

Dev - Finally, a story decision that pleases the vendictive mind of Dev. :p I'm glad you like teh revenge.

_princess_leia_ - Wes had a bad influence? And how! :D

jade - Oh yes, it sure is! O:)

3MD - I give you J/TK and LMAO is all you have to offer? I'm never doing that again. [face_plain]

Falcon - Than

5. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Nj: on the squirt one.. U must have not really read the signature.. which reads as follows:

I am the SQUIRT(curteosy of 3MD!)
    Sock of JAGSGURL15
    I like Jag, Wes, and JJ REDICK!
    Go duke BLUE devils in the NCAA bball tourney!

So.. unless. 3md is well "different" in his sexuality choices i think its me! :D

Thankies

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, that's good to know. I was starting to get worried about our friend 3MD. ;)

I wanted to post this to let people know that I've made a rather interesting decision. I think I'm going to wait a bit before I release the next part in this series and instead release something else . . .

Here's a little excerpt, just for a little teasing. If there is overwhelming support that I continue this storyline then I might be swayed that way, but please read the following before you vote ;) :

~*~*~

The door opened to the sound of a squalling infant and the exasperated pleas of Anja Gallandro as she walked hurriedly inside, without even so much as a hello.

?You need to help me out,? She gasped as Brodey noticed how fancily she was dressed beneath the spit-up towel she had draped over one shoulder. She gently massaged the back of their month-old daughter, but nothing would calm tiny Bel?aanaea?s endless crying. ?Kyp got us reservations for one of the fancy restaurants on the Breve Deck, and I need you to watch Bela for tonight.?

?Anja, can?t you see that I?ve got something big planned here?? he answered back, not believing what he was hearing. ?Siri?s going to be home any minute and I wanted to treat her to a nice, home-cooked meal.?

?Please, Brodey! I know you?re trying to make a move, but I desperately need a night with Kyp to unwind and get some sleep! Please, I?m begging you!? She cried, her wide brown eyes tearing up as her exhaustion became apparent.

He never could resist a crying woman, ?Fine. I?ll take her for tonight. Siri isn?t going to be happy about it, though.?

?Oh, thank you so much! One hundred times thank you!? Anja gushed as she passed the squirming baby off to her father. ?Here?s her diaper bag, with six already filled bottles of milk. She shouldn?t need more than that for overnight, but you never know. If she?s hungrier then there?s some formula in the back pocket. You know the drill. Oh, and she?s been experiencing a little colic lately, so she?ll probably be up crying half the night. Just wanted to warn you ahead of time.?

?Gee, thanks,? Brodey muttered flatly as his young daughter screamed her lungs out into his ear.

?Thank you, Brodey!? Anja said again, backing out the door quickly before he could change his mind. ?I owe you one!?

~*~*~

Compare that to a little excerpt from the trailer for "Kill Brodey: Vol 1" :

~*~*~

(a single shot rings out and scene cuts to Maris sitting with his hands folded under his chin. Nark is sitting directly across from him)

Maris: I will Kill Brodey. You have my word.

Nark: For the last time, I believe you, but, um, isn't he a Jedi?

(sound of record grinding to a halt)

Maris: What kind of stupid question is that? Of course he's a Jedi!

Nark: Then wouldn't he use his lightsaber to kill people instead of a blaster?

(cuts to shot of Brodey standing over the body, the silhouette becoming clearer to reveal the lightsaber in his hand)

Brodey: ("firing" his lightsaber) Bang bang!

~*~*~

So, it's all up to you. I'd rather go for the first option to give me something new to do, but if enough people want to see the mostly OC adventure that follows this story, let me know. Vote for either:

A) New Short Story

or

B) Continuation of Long Story

Thanks guys! Your input is appreciated! :)

Jae Angel

7. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    B and yes it was enough to fill my vindictive need. Very humorous. And I already have the word doc. And I did a massive reading before I started reading this. It actually only took me a couple days to finish the prequals. :p

8. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    um, both! Yeah, definitely both. Sorry if I'm being selfish, but I like both. :D

But seriously, either one is fine as long as you are posting something. LOL

My real vote is B (I think) ;)

*green_eyes*

9. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Ah Miss NJ, I will vote for A

As much as B was funny and I'd love a continuation, option A piqued my interest more...

...probably becasue I've been babysitting lately and it would be nice to see Brodey get some schmaking from his kid! :p

10. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Now that I think about it Pulsar's got a point. So chagne my vote to B.

11. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm assuming that Dev meant "A" since he voted for B before. :p I figured people would be interested in A. I've been writing it bit by bit for a while, and it will be a fun short story, I can tell you that. ;)

Jae Angel

12. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    yeah that's what I meant.

13. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
  14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Aha, so now we have a tie! [face_devil]

Are any others willing to step up to the plate, or do I have to cast the deciding vote? [face_mischief]

Jae Angel

15. skywalker4life

skywalker4life Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2004
    I dunno...

Both sound really good... but I'm a big kill bill fan.
    Although I would really like to read A at some point but I wanna see the continuation to the series because I thought "Attention..." was really funny.

So my vote is B! :D

16. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I say A. Of course, I'd like to read the continuation of this story and the mental image of Brodey 'firing' his lightsaber was quite funny, but the first teaser definitely caught my interest.

17. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I think you have an even about of readers Jess, go with breakin' it yourself.

18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Both, why not both? :p

19. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
  20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Both will happen. It's just a matter of which first. ;)

Jae Angel

21. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    I'll go with A, just so the vote can be done with.

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I think I'm going to try to get more done on A tonight. It won't be a lengthy piece and might give me the break I need to brainstorm for the next story, the one that will finally fill in the gap between Moron and YAIBHF.

Jae Angel

23. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
  24. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey M_J! :) Long time no see!

And where are my manners? WELCOME skywalker4life! :) I'm glad you enjoyed this story, and hopefully I'll have something new for you in a bit. Did you read any of the prequels or sequels to this yet? The link to my fics can be found in my profile under the screenname "Brodey". :)

Well, sadly it dawned on me today that the numbness I've been experiencing in my fingers lately is none other than carpal tunnel syndrome. It runs in my family, so it's probably only natural that I got it, but now my left hand is in a brace and it's making typing very difficult. :( I'll see what I can do, though. ;)

Jae Angel

25. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    [:D] Poor NJ!

I hope it gets a bit more bareable, I know how painful carpal tunnel can be :(

*gives her some cake* Cake always helps ;) And seeing as its e-cake, no problems with fitting certain dresses :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.