Beyond Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal! (J/J, Kyp/Anja, more) Complete! NEW STORY PART 9/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NarundiJedi, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. _princess_leia_ Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *brings in ice-cream*

Cake is always better with ice-cream. I hope your hands become more bearable.
  2. skywalker4life Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey thanks, NarundiJedi!

I just found this over the Summer Fanfic Boards and let me just say, this story was hilarious! I was laughing so hard at times that I was close to tears!

I'm sorry to hear that you have carpel tunnel syndrome. :( I hope you get well soon!

I'm looking forward to your next story whichever one it is.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I did read some of the story where Jaina got really drunk. That was really good too! I think I'll go read some other prequels/sequels while I wait for the start of the new story. :)
  3. JAGSGURL15 Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh no! So sorry to hear, NJ.

[face_worried]

Here's hoping you get well soon.
  5. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks guys! :) I'm feeling a little better but I've been having some issues with writer's block. I think if I could talk about it on here it might work out the kinks.

The main problem I see with the next story is that I usually write character-driven stories, where the inner feelings of characters and their interactions are most important. The next story is plot-driven, where I know where the characters must end up by the end of the story but I have no idea how to get them there.

This is why my preference for what to do next is choice A. I have it partially written and I have a much better idea of where to take it. I also need a bit of a break from the main storyline, but not the kind where I don't write anything. I need to be writing, just something fun and fluffy. ;)

I wish I could ask for some honest opinions on the plot and incorportating Kill Bill stuff into the story if I basically said that in the end it had a happy ending where the day was saved, just barely. I know I want to have some western showdown elements and some really cool martial arts scenes (it helps that Brodey and Siri have fighting as their forte). I also want to play up Maris as the villain, but I've always written cheesy villains so making him evil is going to be difficult. :p

Also, if I said that choice A was going to be a Corran-featuring story, would it sway anyone's minds? :D

Jae Angel

6. skywalker4life Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't worry about it! Just write what you feel is best right now. Either story you decide to write, I will read it! :D
  7. _princess_leia_ Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would help, but I've never seen Kill Bill.
  8. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did you say Corran based? :D

I'm all over that!

Congrats on finishing your story. It's so nice to be done I am sure, but there is also that emptiness too when all is said and done. I hope DRL eases up on you. I really enjoyed this story and look forward to more from you (even if I am a hopeless lurker).

TTYL
  9. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Corran would be awesome!
  10. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey guys! :) Sorry it's been so long! I appreciate all the comments and I'm sorry I haven't gotten the next story up yet. Things have been so busy and writers' block is finally setting in as I deal with wedding stuff. But thanks to everybody who responded since I last did!

Still, a few friends convinced me that story parts every once in a while was better than no story at all, so I'm going to try to start the next one.

IN FACT . . .

Here are the first few paragraphs of Kill Brodey: vol 1 :)

The small catwalk creaked under the weight of a lanky blond man as he crept from shadow to shadow, his eyes scanning the darkness for an invisible enemy. Far off in the distance he could hear the desperate cries of a young woman, but the air surrounding him was deader than the wastelands of Tatooine.

?What are you going to do, your highness??

A rivulet of sweat traced down the bridge of Brodey's nose as he turned around slowly. The mocking voice had come from behind, and he knew the killer had him in his sights.

?What do you want from me?? Brodey growled boldly, his fierce expression issuing a challenge to the hooded phantom whose face he had not yet seen.

?Nothing, really,? came the nonchalant reply. ?Just your life, in exchange for the woman and child. Tell me, Narundi. Are you really that selfish that you'd give their lives to save yours??

Brodey jerked back into consciousness with enough force to almost knock himself out on the bunk above him. ?Ahhh, Sith!? he hissed, cursing the metal bed frame that had been constructed to fit pilots a head shorter than him.

?Shut up down there,? mumbled a sleepy Agar, and Brodey could hear the bed squeak as the young man rolled over in the bunk above him. ?Sleeping . . . night night . . .?

Brodey rolled his eyes and imagined what a well-placed kick through the mattress would do to the sleeping pilot. Figuring that would only get him another court martial, he did the smart thing and left the warmth of his bed for the fresher.

I hope to be able to have a first post up soon, but I have my bowling league tomorrow so it probably won't be then. :) Until Wednesday, then! :D

Jae O:)/>/>
  11. skywalker4life Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yay!! [face_dancing] It soon begins! I'm so psyched! :D
  12. Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master

star 3
    Whoa. Whoa.
    Welcome back NJ!
    Remind me when this one take place again, please.
    :)
  13. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Yay!

The new story's coming!!!!

Yippee!

*ish happyily setting off explosions now*

:Targeter:
  14. Dev_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *is extremely happy* :D :D :D :D :D Good Finally! When's the wedding? And what a bloody teaser!!!
  15. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. JAGSGURL15 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great JOB!

Very Glad U Backs!
  17. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks guys! :) I'm glad you didn't forget about me. ;)

I'm still working on the first post, but hopefully I can get something short up tonight . . . :)

Jae O:)
  18. Jedi_Whispers Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm back...finally. Can't wait for this first post NJ, your posts always manage to cheer me up when I've been having "one of those days".

~*Whisper*~
  19. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Just saving this from the auto-lock. :p

Jae O:)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.