main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN ATTENTION - Official Volunteer Sign Up for Mid South Con

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Tim- I'm on for the panel, if you want me- I'd love to. I will get the crosswords made soon, but I need some for the difficult one.

HEAR THAT,EVERYONE? I need difficult questions for the difficult crossword puzzle {I'll take medium and easy ones, too.} PM me in this format:

Glowing Sword--Lightsaber

etc. K?

Tim, if you need anything else, ask.

SAL- If you need some things for the table, I've got the first set of Episode 1 talking collectible figurines including the first issue of Darth Maul. Do you want me to bring them? They're fun to play with, and I don't mind if people do.

Joy

2. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Tim- I have the template for the raffle tickets but I need the info you want on them... I will email the template if you would like so you can see it before we get started...

Joy- What crosswords are you working on? Are they going on the flyer or something? just let me know and I think the person you should talk to about Star Wars questions is Rhonda since she has the Star Wars trivial pursuit game handy....

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Sal: We need space for the following:

Name
    Street Address
    City, State, Zip
    Phone Number
    Email address

We'll not only use these as raffle tickets, but also as contact info for potential members.

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm back. How many volunteers did we scrap up? :)

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Including you, Rhonda- Seven!

I'm going to work up a sign up sheet for booth hours. The Con runs continuously from Friday the 28th at 5pm till Sunday the 30th at 4 or 5pm, so I'm thinking for the following hours of operation for our booth:

Saturday: 10am til 8pm
    Sunday: 10am til 3pm

I'm already planning on being there for most of the Con- especially during load-in and strike.

As I've said several times before, I don't want this to be all work. That would go against every intention I have for this group. I want everyone who volunteers to be able to wander around and enjoy the convention.

Which reminds me...
    Remember to buy your tickets!!

Buy Your MSC Tickets Here

(Don't worry. I've still got to buy mine, too!!)

6. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Sorry- I'd forgotten that I'd been throwing ideas at just Tim and not the group. (blush.)

I thought to make crossword puzzles {Easy, Medium, and Hard} To set on the table to give people something fun to do there. Any ideas on a prize, perhaps (Candy?) To those who finish correctly?

Any case, I'm no genius and I don't have all the answers. {No pun intended} So I need some ideas on the items to put in the crosswords.

Thanks again,

Joy

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Rhonda!! Glad you're back! We had cold, miserable rain for our last meeting and I thought of you in sunny FL. 8-}

I've never been to a Con before, but will other tables have give-a-ways? (Flyers, pens, etc.) I used to attend these types of things for work and the table that everyone hits FIRST is always the one with the bags to carry stuff around in. I know we're maxing-out on resources here, but if anyone has free or ultra-dirt-cheap access to some plain, simple paper or plastic bags, it might be worth the effort. Just a thought.

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Traci is right. Bags are a very popular and necessary item if there are lots of giveaways. We found some good-sized bags for around $50 for 500, which is a decent price. If anyone else has a better source, then let us know.
    I posted at the MSC message board to see if there are lots of promo giveaways and if anyone else does the bag thing. If there is a heavy promo atmosphere, and if no one else traditionally gives out bags, then we may do those as well as the pens.

9. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    The Bag idea is a good one so you might want to try hitting the dollar stores to get a good deal on a large quantity.

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I know. Nothing fancy. Just a friggin bag that's big enough to hold promo things.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Please see the "Booth Volunteer Sign-up Sheet" thread and the "MSC Panel Sign-up and Planning Committee" thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.