main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA ATTENTION ORANGE COUNTY!!!! -- BIKER SCOUT ARMOR STOLEN

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Listen up the person who posted this is from the Seattle Titan Garrison 501st. Just an FYI that if you see something like this around please e-mail the guy below. We're close enough to SD that we should look out for this if we see something being sold.

COPIED FROM SAN DIEGO FORUM.....

As of 11/3/02:
    I just got done with a 1 week cruise on the Royal Caribbean (on my honeymoon with my beautiful wife and was overall a truly great experienc!!!) and I was going to wear my Biker Scout costume... only the cruiseline LOST THE CASE CONTAINING MY ENTIRE THING IN IT!!!! The only thing that remains is a resin pistol. I spent HOURS AND HOURS and LOTS of $$ into it and now my most absolute favorite costume in the whole world that I've ever owned is gone. I've filed loss reports and claims with my travel insurance company and am expected to get reimbursed for the value of some of that, but I'm pretty much back at square one here. the last I saw it was getting off the plane from San Diego. It went to the ship for departure and never saw it that whole week. Lost and founds around the cruiseline and Airports are a no-show. I just don't get it.

It's gone and vanished. One of the biggest cases the ship could board on there and they LOST it... I just don't understand, but I'm truly at an all time low with this costume loss. This was a good $800+ investment....

PLEASE... PLEASE... any help would be absolutely wonderful if anyone has seen anybody trying to sell a dirtied up biker Scout costume. Mine does have distinguishing features that other Biker Scout Costumes do not:

- A permanent blast mark on the LEFT side of the chest armor

- 2 straps on the right white boot where the holster is mounted. They were made from hiking boots and covered in fake leather and then dirtied up with acrylic paint.

- The right boot buttons shut and the left boot has no open/close function. It is one piece.

- the inside shoulder armor pieces are labeled LEFT and RIGHT in permanent blue sharpie. In addition the labeled right shoulder piece has a blast mark on it, not as strongly marked as the chest, but is noticeable and non removable.

HERE IS A LINK TO PICTURES OF MY COSTUME (please copy and paste to address bar):

http://www.bikerscout.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album42&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=v iew_album.php

PLEASE EMAIL ME AT NienNumb1@msn.com if you have some info. This costume was obtained through custom made parts only available through 501st sites. The armor was obtained ONLY through 501st sources and there's no way they could have bought them from a store. Some parts were self made as well such as the cumberbun and glove gauntlets.

Thanks in advance for keeping a watch.

Ryan Czaplinski
    WA State

After working closely with our 501st SoCal Garrison. I think it would only right for us to keep our eyes out for a 501st members armor.

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    It might be a good idea to keep an eye on ebay for a little while too.

3. malelesbo

malelesbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    As a person that has had 2 seperate vehicles broken into and robbed, losing 1500+ music CDs in the process, I must say that royally sucks. Starting from square one is always rough. I must say though, if I'm traveling, I'm not going to take anything with me that I can't afford to have stolen or left behind.

As an aside, think about this: The dude took a Biker Scout costume with him on his HONEYMOON. How cool is his wife???

Best of luck to that guy.

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I have to agree that really sucks. My car got broken into this year while I was at work, in a "secure" parking structure no less. I lost my car stereo an a huge box filled with trading cards that I had been collecting forever and slowly selling on ebay. Major bummer.

5. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Wow, I'd be horrified if my laptopw as ever stolen out of my car. At the studio I work at, right outside in the parking lot one of my coworker's cars was broken into (in a shopping center!) and a few bag that had Macy's on them were stolen. I wish the best of luck to the guy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.