main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Attention Wocky: I slept on the floor

Discussion in 'Community' started by Havac , Feb 28, 2016.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Guys, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel here. This is not "I fell down and broke my nose and passed out on the floor because I had a concussion." Glorious Ostrich Stapler willingly put aside her earthly possessions to sleep on the floor. Noble Havac has moved into a new place without furniture to resist every evil temptation and reach for virtue. You can't just claim credit for every situation you happen to be forced into.

2. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    I mean isn't he waiting on the delivery of furniture? Kinda makes it less of a choice.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  4. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Except I did choose to put myself in the situation that led to those circumstances.

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Yeah I feel Havac is getting too much floor sleeping cred here. He'll be back to his comfy bed sleeping ways in no time

AmySolo likes this.
  6. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Tho to be fair we are assuming he'll swap, or the mattress is actually comfortable and not a thin pokey thing.

So then, his redemption hinges on the choices made following delivery of the furniture?

7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    He never said he is going to switch back. He just said he moved and he is happily sleeping on the floor.

You and others, like Luigi, seem to be very filled with jealousy. Is this a right behavior? At the time when you ought to be celebrating and emulating Havac's excellence, you are instead consumed with bitterness. You two may have happened to fall unconscious on a floor before, but your hearts still seem puffed up on mattresses, feathered pillows, and down comforters.

8. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I'm just asking a question. It's nothing to do with havac.

AmySolo likes this.
  9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    jabba of wocky, I would suggest you peruse the opening post of this here thread, and pay close attention and indeed note the important usage of the word 'yet' with particular regards to the future intended usage of a mattress. I await your response.

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Wocky is just excited guys; his candidate, Hillary Clinton, is set to sweep to the presidency of the US and continue the legacy of his favourite president, Mr Barack Obama.

Point Given and dp4m like this.
  11. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    1. epic, I think we can let Havac speak for himself about his intentions. I highly doubt someone who has experienced sleeping straight on the floor like he has would want to go back. In fact, I would be really excited to see him share some his accounts of the experience so we could all at least have the feeling of it.

2. Luigi again, though, did you want to sleep on the floor? Or was that just happenstance related to your actual goals?

12. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Havac doesn't want to sleep on the floor, he is at the mercy of the moving company.

Did I want to sleep on the floor? I willingly joined an expeditionary force with the express desire to be uncomfortable. It goes with the territory.

Ender Sai likes this.
  13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I thought you said this wasn't about Havac?

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Do not be dishonourable Wocky. Luigi has given an honest account of his floor sleeping and you have been churlish in withholding praise. You owe him your apology, and your respect.

15. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    You made it about Havac by deliberately ignoring my questioning and being loathe to give me an answer while simultaneously singing Havac's praises as though he has made this a life choice when the facts have clearly been presented to reveal that the decision has been made entirely by circumstance.

Further, he has insisted people recognize him for this from the beginning. I have merely asked for an assessment of my actions.

Ender Sai likes this.
  16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well my new bed arrived today. Tonight will be the true test of my virtue.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

The Saxtonites remember...

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah but **** those guys. Worst fans ever.

19. borgrel

borgrel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2016
    If the hard floor being slept on is 3 stories above the earth that needs communing with, is that less honourable than a bed only a feet above the earth?
    Is a hard floor 2 stories above the earth more honourable than a hard floor 3 stories up?
    Is sleeping on the hard floor of an aeroplane while in flight (so not in contact with the communing earth at all) honourable??

And also ..... if i sleep hanging from the ceiling, is that smite worthy?? *cringes*

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Wocky, before I make my fateful decision, I would just like to use all my accumulated moral capital to inform you that Margaery Tyrell is, in fact, the sexest of sex persons.

dp4m, Point Given and Ender Sai like this.
  21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    [​IMG]

Wanton.

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    [​IMG]