main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ATTN: ALL Line-Up Organizers and Database Developers

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Activities' started by AZLineUp, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZLineUp

AZLineUp Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2001
    To simplify administration and logging during the event, we are developing a computer-based system.

We envision that this system will be based on a SQL back-end with a user-friendly Access front-end on all terminals that will be used for participant accountability.

This system will log all clock-in's and clock out's, track group membership and average time of all group members dynamically, live-update current standings on a website table, notify moderators of minors in participation without parents present if nearing curfew hours as well as warning of other legal flags, allow and track log-outs when authorized off-site events take place (such as going to see a movie at that theater while in the line without getting docked for it), track all participant information as well as archiving the participants signature on all waivers and rule lists for legal compliance.

Before we start coding this solution, We were wondering if any of you would like to have a copy of our system and if so, what other requirements would you forsee us coding into the system.

Also,, if there is anyone out there with experience deveoping these types of solutions using other database apps like MySQL please forward your ideas to azlineup@hotmail.com , maybe we can make this a cool Open Source project instead!!

If anyone is an expert at designing these systems PLEASE contact us as well, so we can plan if the developer we are using craps out or makes an unreliable system

Together we can make this a great system that will save us TONS of headaches, especially for thoes of us who will be dealing with hundreds of participants.

Post your suggestions on this thread so others can see it as well

Any Q's or comments, please e-mail AZLineUp@Hotmail.com

As always, MTFBWY!

2. AZLineUp

Jan 22, 2001
    another boost for this topic,, anyone know anything?

3. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    AZ, I've forwarded this to our Creative Director, stone. We've been talking about an e-based timekeeping system for a while now.

4. Darth_Yoda_

Darth_Yoda_ Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    Hows's it comming along AZ?

5. AZLineUp

Jan 22, 2001
    coming along slowly,, could really use some help..... worse than learning a new language

6. HarpuaFSB

HarpuaFSB Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey,

I'm a computer programmer with 8+ yrs experience with VB/Access/SQL/ASP, etc. and I'm currently "inbetween" jobs =)

If you need some help let me know and I'll see if I can help out in some way.

Also, if you happen to know of any fans in the Stamford, CT area, let me know, I'm trying to find them for lineup stuff (I saw people lined up for EP1) but have been SOL!

HarpuaFSB@aol.com
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.