main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

attn: deathofluke, njoconspirator, etc

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Ludicrous, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Soooo, Crow T. Fett if you are Mastadge- What DVD did you and I talk about over e-mail before Christmas? I sent you a scan of the jacket.

2. Crow_T_Fett

Crow_T_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2002
    Wow, impersonating Mastadge? Thats low.

Oh, come on. If you actually think I'm trying to impersonate him, then you probably believe that dumb troll when he claimed I was one of his socks.

At any rate, I'll stop now; that joke's gone far enough and it wasn't very funny to begin with. I don't want to lose the fact that I'm now known for making "coherent posts." How can anyone throw a rep like that away? :D

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Everyone knows mastadge was my sock, ;), :D.

4. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Alright Keir, now grab his gun....

5. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, that solved that quick. Crow... it could be worse. Thanks for ending that.

6. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    Yeah, Lance could've brought in his snipers, then things would've gotten messy.

7. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    Eh... the thought just gives me a head ache! If I had done that, do you know how hard it is to clean up??? :D

8. Crow_T_Fett

Feb 6, 2002
    Didn't quite expect that many responses when I threw that out there. I think I brought half the board down on my head! LOL :D

9. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Well, it wasn't funny. Mastadge hasn't been seen in two weeks and some people are worried about him.

10. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    Yeah, we're a little sensitive about the Mastadge issue these days. He's a very well respected and liked member, and his unexpected absence is disturbing some of us...

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes. I agree.

On a side note... I promise that if ever have to leave for any long extended period for some reason, I'll try to remember to let people know so you don't have to worry.

12. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks Valiento - that would make things easier... ;)

13. Crow_T_Fett

Feb 6, 2002
    I understand; I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was a sensitive issue. I just thought the winks ;) I was including in those first couple of posts spoke for themselves.

14. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

There you go with that disturbing again, Face. Some of us are past merely being disturbed, and well on our way to being completely unhinged.

8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Thanks Valiento - that would make things easier..."

Yes, it always helps when people are saying they are leaving, ;).

For instance if the admin's say they are leaving then the riff raff can come out to play.

16. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    Kier_Nimmion: I thought you were completely unhinged already!!!!

17. dik-ome

dik-ome Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2001
    So, did all those socks get banned or what? I have refrained from posting for the last few months due to many conflictions in my schedule. Though I doubt any of you remember me anyway. Can you keep this DSF person from harrassing us permanantely?

18. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    So, computer labs strike again. I used to visit a chat room were most of us were very close, not unlike some of the friendships here. We had a problem in 2000 with a hacker, they liked to actually use folks names even when they were on. Our hosts tried banning the the moron using an IP ban, and they'd be back moments later. We figured out, due to the time of year these events happaned, that it was a college kid using a comp lab. Was hoping those days were no more.

19. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    When i left for quite a long period of time (maybe a couple of months, i'm not sure) to avoid spoilers and because that damn life caught up with me, i returned to find that the computer would no longer recognise the password for DaJames which i had been using for perhaps a year at that stage.

Anyone remember when they used to put the stars next to your ID on all your posts, that's how long it's been.

Getting back to my uninteresting story, as i was getting near panic-levels i decided to log in as DaJames2. It worked. I estatically posted my first post for quite some time. Then i waited. Sturm welcomed me back, but other than that, nothing. :( ;)

20. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    I still remember when a certain number of posts rated a certain Jedi status before the stars appeared. Back then we were teased with the possibility of becoming Jedi Masters, though that seemed reserved for the admins and VIPs.

Folks still get stars, but the only way to see how many they have is to check out the folks who are watching you, if any. One of those watching me has huge silver star, most folks only have a certain number of tiny stars, though some have big yellow posts. Can any of the folks I'm watching tell me how many stars I have?

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    4 little ones. you'll get a big yellow star at 5000.

Have the admin's thought about calling the university, and having the staff go after the people?

22. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

I remember you used to be able to see under your name in every post how many stars you had. The fact that you can't see how many stars you have kinda defeats the purpose of having them in the first place.

23. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Thanks Valiento. Oh, by the way, you Mr. Silver Star if you didn't already know it.

And I agree with Kier on not seeing how many stars you yourself have. Not knowing how many stars I had has bothered me for a while. Wouldn't mind if they were posted in our bios, even if their not posted under our names when we post. Just kinda a goal to reach for and knowing where you stand in achieving that goal. But then back when folks knew where they stood in acheiving the goal we had a lot of people making simple or nonsense posts just to get in lots of posts in a single day. Maybe not knowing where the goal is helps keep that down. Then again, maybe not.

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Thanks Valiento. Oh, by the way, you Mr. Silver Star if you didn't already know it."

Ya, I've been told.

I hear, the star after it is a flashing silver star, then a gold star, then a flashing gold star, then a nuclear symbol.

My guess is because bib is about 18000 post's he'll get the flashing silver star at about 20000 posts.

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Hehe, it would be nice to have a big flashing silver star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.