main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV ATTN: Game Group

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MeatBag, Apr 16, 2007.

1. MeatBag

MeatBag Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2006
    I just wanted to apologize about yesterday.

I know I probably seemed more than a little pissy and standoffish at times, but believe me, I was trying to control it as best as I could. I was in a pretty foul mood because my Uncle Frankie passed away recently. In fact, I?m to attend a memorial service for him tomorrow. It?s not that he and I were all that close, but my Mom?s pretty broken up about it, so naturally that upsets me.

Darryl was good enough to bring his and your concerns to my attention, and believe me I appreciate that. You see, even though I realize it?s a bit of a late start in life, I realize I have a LOT to improve about myself. And I want to, believe me. May God strike me dead if I?m lying. The problem is, I have trouble pinpointing PRECISELY what I should improve about myself. What can I say? I?m kind of dense in that regard. So I always appreciate it when someone comes up to me and TELLS me if there?s a problem. That way I can identify it and focus on a means of improving it specifically.

For example, here?s a list of concerns that Darryl brought up to me, and how I plan to correct them;

1. Complaining about the ?1? house-rule

Simple enough. Consciously forbid myself from mentioning it at all, ever, under any circumstances.

2. ?Shutting down? when a conversation breaks out during my turn

Let me first of all explain WHY I do this. Keep in mind that I?m a newcomer to your club, which means I?m not as familiar with the rest of you as you are with each other. That?s why when a conversation breaks out between Darryl and one of you, I feel the best thing for me to do is stay silent, because otherwise I?m AFRAID that I?ll be interrupting a conversation between friends as an unwelcome outsider. I?ve always had a problem with shyness, I?m afraid. Now, how do I plan to remedy this? Well, I can make a conscious effort to get involved in any conversation that breaks out during my turn, if you?d all be comfortable with that. But you?ll have to understand, I may appear a bit awkward at times or ask stupid questions when I do so, because sometimes you talk about things that I?m not very knowledgeable on. So, if you?re willing to humor a novice, I?m willing to try and get to know all of you better as people, not just as players.

3. My crack when it appeared the wind blew my character sheet away

I?m not going to try to justify doing something that was just plain wrong. But I would ask you all to recognize that for what it was, an isolated incident. Also, like I said, I was in a pretty foul mood regarding my Uncles passing. I guess having something like that happen while I was trying to do something good for the group (going inside to find a table) just made me snap for a brief moment there. Sorry.

4. Appearing bored

Make no mistake, I am enjoying myself a GREAT deal at these games. Gaming is my favorite hobby, after all. But if you?re really concerned that I?m bored while waiting for my turn, that?s easily remedied by taking a cue from Shea* and bringing a book or something to occupy my while I?m waiting for my turn.

5. My character

Darryl made it clear from the beginning that he would have a bit of trouble figuring out how to get a character like mine involved with the ?Red Harvest? setting. I also made it clear from the beginning that if he ever wanted to sit down with me and help me create a character he?d have an easier time with, I?d be more than happy to oblige. The offer still stands, to be sure. Furthermore, the offer is extended to the rest of you. If there?s something about my character that sincerely bothers you (i.e. YOU, not your character), feel free to tell me so. I have no shortage of ideas believe me.

I?ll come right out and say it, I desperately need more friends in my life. And right now, gaming is about the only means I have of finding potential friends. I don?t like to go ?clubbing?, I?m not into anime and my work schedule doesn?t permit me to explore community theatre.

With that in mind I hope you?ll think me sincere when I say that I am not only willing,

2. darth_of_nm

darth_of_nm Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2005
    I figured it was your character.

Then you have my sympathies. Please forward my best reguards to your mom in this trying time.

Quite an adult way of seeing it. Personally I only had the problem when I found your character sheet and returned it to you, you didn't thank me, however I figured you were just pissed it flew away I figured you wern't ticked at me personally so I didn't take it personally either.

Nah, if you roll 5 10's and 5 1's all in the same pool, you can bitch till the cows come home. I'll bitch with ya if you like.

I'm as new as you, shoot i'm newer as I just moved here at the end of January.

And your playing a tranvestite vampire? If thats you shy, warn us when your open up...

If you don't question you'll never learn. Or failintg that bluff. I do when the conversation enters World of Warcraft areas (never played, ain't really interested)

Cool beans.

I addressed this above, however I also took into account that you kindly offered your home for gaming sessions and were rejected. This post make it good. No worries.

[quote=Meat

3. MeatBag

MeatBag Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2006
    Really?

I could've sworn I said "Oh, thanks" or something like that.

Well... Thanks.

That's the point. Roleplaying allows me to "step outside myself" and "open up" in a way.

4. darth_of_nm

darth_of_nm Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2005
    You invited members of the group to have drinks after gaming sessions to get to know one another, none of us took you up on it, or brought it up ourselves.

NOTE TO GABE... that is called being an open person. Welcome to the club, you can give your dues to me....

NOW TO FINISH YOUR FIRST POST OFF AS I HAD TO RUN EARILIER...

(The following is true of all of us, not you directly) The only thing you need to remember is to bring enough cheese for everyone if your going to bring whine, if not leave the whine in the car. Now that not to say you can't bitch at botchin something, thats part of the game, just be an adult and preferably funny about it. It's easier to accept annoying things if the annoyer can make others laugh.

Absolutely, however I don't think any of us thought you a complete wretch. If anybody did then it time we all sat down as adults and had a long talk, because that's way WAY to strong to discribe you and rude as hell to boot. Gabe, babe you have a couple of quirks, nothing major (trust me I have seen and experenced stuff gaming that would make your hair curl) and discribing or making you feel like a 'complete wretch' is way over the top. IMHO.

5. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    No one called anyone a complete wretch. Well I guess Gabe called himself a complete wretch but I did not.

I wrote Gabe an email monday asking him to leave our group becuase of the following reasons.

Complaining about house rules constantly (to be fair complaining was not the word I used)
    He seemed perpetually annoyed at our groups playing style
    He didnt seem to be having any fun
    And the out burst about not playing at his house

I felt he was impacting the enjoyment of the game and asked him to leave.

He wrote me back with a very long email (basically what you read above) explaining his position, apologizing and asking for another chance. I accepted his apology and I consider the matter closed.

6. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    sounds good to me chief