main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Attn Indy Rebels!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by darthgoat, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah Imperial Senate, if that isn't an oxymoron, I dunno what is.

2. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    oxymoron? moron. An Empire is ruled by an Emperor. That does not exclude a Senate. Any one ever heard of Rome? The Roman Empire had an Emperor and an Imperial Senate.

So it seems that besides be lame, the Rebels are also stupid.

dorks

3. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    But the use of the Senate is to give equal rights and an equal voice to the citizens of that Empire. Rarely did any of the ancient Roman Emperors respect the Senate. Actually, they often wished to disolve it. I'm sure Palpy did as well.

Puhlease, baldy, we all know that Palpy just let it go for show. It was just a sham to make peopel think they had rights.

4. JediMasterDan

JediMasterDan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2001
    Oh no, you didn't!!

You may fire when ready!!

5. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    the queen whispers to JMD: "I know, dude... did she just call him 'baldy' ???"

:eek:

6. JediMasterDan

JediMasterDan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2001
    ...gets up and sits at another table before this gets bloody

7. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey if he's going to make cheap shots, I will too.

Btw, Palpatine did desolve the Senate...well at least in the EU he did. When you have a dictatorship, there is no need for ways to serve the people.

And PS, anything derogatory I say in this thread, I don't mean.

8. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Quote Tarkin from Star Wars

The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I've just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away'

9. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks Incom4, I couldn't remember if it was EU or Canon. I've got a killer headache right now and well...the lines between the two are a little blurry right now.

So, thanks to one of your own, I was right. The Imperial Senate was nothing more than a joke, a sham...to make the citizens of the Empire feel like they had a little bit of control over their lives which in fact, they didn't. The only way they could is to well...rebel.

10. tokar_rai

tokar_rai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    BACK TO THE ORIGINAL INTENT OF THE THREAD:

Since it looks like Jason disappeared off the face of the board, I'm just going to take up the flag on this one.

If there are any rebels in the area who are interested in joining the legion, or have any questions, please post them up here, drop me an e-mail at tokar_rai@yahoo.com or ask Cari at the meeting tomorrow night. We are more than happy to help people make a costume, EITHER IMPERIAL OR REBEL, at the monthly IKM meetings as well.

And FYI, bucketheads, I'm a pilot, so you no-shooting, banging your heads on doors morons can just kiss my orange clad arse! Especially the guy who thinks he's hot stuff because he dresses as an overglorified UPS man who got killed by an aging blind guy with a stick! :p

11. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Prison jumpsuits aisle 5......

12. tokar_rai

Jul 24, 2002
    I've been getting frickin CalTrans cracks made to me by Imps better than you for the past two years.

Nice try, though. Really. I thought it was really original. Yeah.

BTW, you ever wonder WHY that Stormtrooper fell down the RCA Dome steps? Think about it next time one of your brothers in arms is running into something.

Tony

13. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    That was TK-421 we have always had problems with that guy.

14. tokar_rai

Jul 24, 2002
    Ah, that explains it. I hear you have the same problems with Tk-501. *nods*

Okay, seriously, while the jabbing is fun, what do we have to say on the issue that is constructive?

Tony

15. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    Death to all imperials!

Is that constructive enough? :D

16. Bubba-Fatt

Bubba-Fatt Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    The rebels come out on top in the end. But let's face it, armor just looks cooler. The imperials have the better looking uniforms, armor, and weapons. In the old days of playing army before true understanding of what they stood for we wanted to be Germans. They had great looking long dark coats. They had jack boots and where dressed in blacks and grays. The allies were green, green and green - and not that great of a shade either.

Looking cool is everything. As a result stormtroopers will get more attention then Jedi in there tans, browns, browns, and tans. When the average person sees a Jedi they ask, "Are you a monk or something?" However, there is no doubt in their minds when they see an imperial.

17. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    Blasters. If we join up officially do we get blasters?

18. tokar_rai

Jul 24, 2002
    You know, I will admit that the armor looks cool. For all that I say about Boba Fett, the costume design was excellent. Same with the troopers, who couldn't be impressed with that pic of the 501st on the steps of the RCA Dome?

On the flip side, and it might be slightly different out here, there are a LOT of people doing Stormtrooper armor. When I dressed as a pilot last year at the San Diego Comic Con, I got a bit more attention than the Troopers just for the sheer fact I was the only splash of color in a sea of black, white, and brown.

For me it's a personal preference....sure, I like the armor. But I've always had a thing about standing out. X-Wing pilots stand out by default because of the blaze orange. Characters like Madine, Mon Mothma, Fleet Troopers, Endor Soldiers, Hoth Soldiers....those stand out because there just aren't too many out there. Troopers stand out when you're out on your own, but when you start getting a garrisons worth out there.....*shrugs*

Just my .02.

Edit: And uh, for the record? Jedi's are on their own on this one. I've never been a fan of force users. ;) And George, if you build it, you can have one!

Tony

19. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    Ok, anyone know of a tutorial for the Cloud City blaster?

20. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Great site for blasters ....but no Bespin blasterPVC Blasters

21. tokar_rai

Jul 24, 2002
    George, I'm working on it for ya. ;)

I'll watch out for a brother, no worries.

Tony

22. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    well i am still here. this thread had dropped off the face of the earth or so i had thought.

i have heard better imp insults from the people at toys r us. surely you folks being fans can do better than that. how pitiful. :p

jorg, i have a kit for the cloud city blaster. pm me if you want.

23. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    While yes, Trooper armor can be cool, I'm a girl and well...I don't really want to spend all that money on a molded female armor version. And you if you know me, you know there is no way I could wear normal armor.

That's what I like about Rebel costumes: anything I would wear can be personally made to fit my size. And although my primary costume is Jedi, I have a few others I want to work on as well. Eventually I wouldn't mind making an Imperial Officer's uniform, ala Admiral Daala. But for right now I'm Rebel all the way babee.

24. tokar_rai

Jul 24, 2002
    So is there no interest?

Saves me a heck of a lot of time, then. :p

Tony

25. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I was thinking about trying to get an Imperial Guard costume made but was outbid on the helmet on ebay & haven't found another anywhere. Besides, I work weekends & couldn't make the get togethers. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.