main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ATTN: New User Registration & Password Recovery Issues

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Katya Jade, Aug 29, 2011.

1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Or make it into WCU, for current users.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    SCU. S'up, Current Users?

3. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Thanks Kate, I'm sure that's a lot of work. If I can help in any way, facebook me.

4. carmenite

carmenite Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Well now I'm stuck with one of my socks because I don't remember the passwords to most of them.

5. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Does this negate the yearlong announcement warning users to keep their e-mail addresses current?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not really. When we do convert the board data the email address in your user id will convert. So if you need to request your password on the new boards then that address will be used, especially if you have a problem logging in first time.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    So, oldbie returning users who've lost their passwords (like Carmen - hi Carmen! wassup?) should be able to get their accounts back once we're on the new system?

I'm thinking of all the old names (and JC history associated with those names) that might be lost if their owners, deciding one day to pop in on their old e-stomping grounds, aren't able to recover forgotten passwords.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    They should, yes. The issue is on IGN's side; if the boards are moved to Wise's servers, it shouldn't be an issue anymore. Plus shiny new software!

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yes, of course.

10. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    I follow these threads, but never post due to nothing to add. However, thanks to all you admins that have to deal with all this stress. :)

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Trivia:
    How many locked-threads does that Forum have on the front page?

Over 10, or, Under?
    [face_mischief]

(And no sneaking a peek, either)
    :p

12. Pete_Seyk

Pete_Seyk Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2004
    This does not appear to be a good thing.

13. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Let the conspiracy theories begin!

14. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    This seems like it should be possible to fix.

15. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, it's not fixable on our end. Because IGN has abandonded support for the software and focusing on moving their forums (and ours), it's not likely to be handled before we move.

16. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    So, wait, this is still not fixed? Crikey.

17. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Barring some sort of miracle, it will never be fixed before the move.

18. Pete_Seyk

Pete_Seyk Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2004
    I will light a candle each day in memory of those forum guests sitting outside the JCF walls, waiting to enter.

19. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    Whenever that finally happens. :p

20. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
    Yikes- "Dark Times" for new/old users!

I've been on here for over a decade, and would be devestated if I lost everything!

21. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    Can't you change your password? I've forgotten mine. IF my hard drive crashes, I'm in trouble.

22. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    You should be able to change your password. Others have reported doing it successfully. You just won't get an email confirming it.

23. HongKongFu-y

HongKongFu-y Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2000
    Do we have new contacts at IGN? Or they just ignoring us as well as the others?

I haven't bugged Philip about this, but has he tried prodding them? I'm guessing we are still trying to fly under radar and not be too pushy, but we only need two things "fixed". Seems like a waste to see this tool degrade like this.

24. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    They haven't exactly been eager to reply to our emails lately. And believe me, Philip and I have both been pleading with them to look into these issues for us. It's just not going to happen.

Their rational is that they have also abandoned support for their own forums, not just ours, and are fully concentrating on the migration to the new platform.

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From what I've seen in their 'Board Issues' forum, their own users are having problems with a new registration system and those issues aren't being addressed either. So if they aren't fixing their own issues I don't think we have a chance with ours. All their effort is going to the new boards.