main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ATTN: OFFICIAL CONVENTION PROJECT IN EUROPE

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by JediKnightArkos, Sep 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightArkos

JediKnightArkos Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2000
    Hi all!
    my association, ere2 (http://www.ere2.net) has inteviewed Patrice Girod,the French Star Wars magazine chief redactor.
    a few sample:

et a props des fans?

ére2: Quels sont vos projets pour la sortie de l'Episode II ?

Patrice Girod : J'aimerais organiser une convention en rassemblant, si possible, plusieurs milliers de fans costumés, autour de Lucas, McCallum et des acteurs. C?est un souhait personnel, et j?essayerai de le réaliser. Et cela permettrai de montrer aux médias le bon côté du fandom et surtout de montrer la puissance du fan club Star Wars.
    [Ndlr : nous aurons l'occasion d'en reparler sur le site et dans le magazine]

translation:

and what about fans?

R2 : Have you some projects for Episode II release?

PG : i wish to organise a convention to gather thems (the fans), if possible, thousand of fans costumed, around Lucas, McCallum and actors.
    This is a personal wish, and i will try to realise it. And this will allow médias to see the fandom good side, mostly to show the power of the Star Wars (French) fan club .

so what to you think about it?
    i must say that i have invited all the fan who could, to a costumed gathering for the next halloween night at the Disneyland Paris, the 27 October, and it seems that the Lucasfilm magazine will keep an eye on it, maybe it will be a test?
    so the most people there will here, the better it will be.

(i appologize for my so bad english :eek:( )

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Don't you think it's possible to coordinate it with the all-european fanforce meeting that is being planned?

3. JediKnightArkos

Dec 21, 2000
    i dont know, this is the chief of the "LucasFilm Magasine" who decide this, i think he would do it just before EP II in France...

4. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Nope, I don't think so Obi Anne :(
    (Actually I am one of the guy who has done the interview of the boss of the 1Lucasfilm Magazine).
    We are not sure the Convention will take place.

5. VaGG

VaGG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    If it takes place, though, it will be a great opportunity as far as organising is concerned. I am sure "they" can get the whole thing together (accomodation, transports, tickets, events, etc.) which would be quite difficult for us mere fans to do so...

Keep us informed!!! :) LOL

6. JediKnightArkos

Dec 21, 2000
    of course!!

yep, a comon convention could be GREAT!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.