main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx ***ATTN PFF*** New Webmaster needed

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    MrBunny has decided to step down. If you have any questions or thoughts on it, please take it up with him in person, IM, or PM only.

This is only an announcement that we will be taking a vote on a new webmaster at this meeting. We will also be discussing what we want as a group in a website this meeting.

The duties of a webmaster are currently as follows...

Finish deploying the website completely
    The website is to be updated bi-weekly at a minimum.
    All events, meetings, activities, etc will be posted on a calender and announced.
    All group information will be kept up to date.

This is a 5 month stint for commitment at the minimum, more if you decide to run for re-election and receive it. If you are interested in the position then please show up at the meeting or PM me with your intention and I will announce it for you. A little speach would help your case too if you send it along for me to read.

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i will update the agenda...

3. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Bump for people to consider before tomorrow's meeting.

4. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Everyone, just as an FYI, it's a *really* good idea to know basic HTML if you're wanting to do the website.

WYSIWYG programs like Dreamweaver and Front Page are fine for personal pages, or even professional sites done from scratch. But when you're coming into an already established site, there are things that have been tweaked and tinkered with so that they'll work a certain way, and these programs can actually do more harm than good.

Also remember that updating and maintaining a website takes TIME and PATIENCE. There are going to be things that go wrong and don't work the first time, and other things that will eventually need to be changed. Maintaining a well-done site is a constant effort.

Just a couple of things to consider. :)

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    Well, I haven't been too involved with the group lately and for the immediate future, I won't be able to do too many things, such as come to the meetings.

However, I could update the site and make changes as needed. I actually work on more complex websites than this one, so it wouldn't take me much time to do. Heck, I could even work on it while I'm at work.

If you all are interested in having me be the webmaster, even though I'm not too involved with the club itself, let me know.

:)

6. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    PM me a proposal on it and I'll read it off to the group saturday for you if you would like.

7. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i'd be totally okay with completing the website and updating it for a while, but if i move back to colorado in less than 5 months (which is possible), it'll be kinda silly for me to update after that.

but, you know... it's the internet. i always could continue updating if no one else wanted to. it just seems a little less convenient to everyone.

i won't be at the meeting, and i suck at preparing speeches. :\ but i have dreamweaver 6, photoshop 7 and ws_ftp, i know how to use them all, and i know basic and more intermediate html. vote for me and stuff.

so like... yeah.

[ paid for by the committee to elect jupitertronic as pff webmaster and stuff ]

8. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Or something...

9. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    so who else wants to be webmaster? choad and jupiter, and who else?

any ideas for the site? changes? revamps?

the meeting is coming up soon, so at least have a sketch or text or something with your intentions...

10. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    Huh???

Whaddeye miss??

11. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Choad: It was decided at the last meeting that we'd give everyone who was interested in the webmaster position until the June meeting to come up with their own design for the website. Think of it as a campaign speech...except that it's a website. It doesn't evern have to be finished, optimized HTML. And while being specific will help your case, all we're realy looking for is an idea of what each candidate, as Webmaster/mistress, will bring to the position.

12. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    Due to time constraints (and vehicle repairs yuck) I will not be able to participate in this as I had hoped. I do want to say that I am more than willing to help out were I can. Whether it be helping someone with a Javascript or HTML in general.

I write ASP,Cold Fusion, JavaScript, VBScript and HTML for my full time job so it is something that I am used to doing. I have dabbled in Flash although I am far from proficient in it :)

Ryan

13. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    Well - I have to be honest - there's nothing wrong IMHO with the current site - it just needs to be updated...

So...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.