main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attn: Writers and potential writers

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    If you are going to write a story based in a Universe that's well established and well known, please do your research!!! Lately, people writing in the Star Wars Universe seem to have no idea what's going on outside some sort of Cliff Note or Dummies book for Star Wars Geeks! Of course there was Destiny's Way, which was a joke. But the thing that really got me ticked was a short story I found on Hyperspace called 'The Crystal'. It focus' around Jaina after she just graduated from the Academy and right before she begins her apprentice-ship to Mara. While it's only 17 pages long it's riddled with all kinds of mistakes. I realize that there are over 90 published novels, not to mention the countless comics and short stories and tie-ins and all, but if I can read them all then I hope someone getting paid to write a story (Elaine Cunningham) could at least have the courtesy to either read the novels or get to know someone who has!
    *end rant*

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Destiny's Way was a joke? For real? Are you telling me that the final book, the one I've suffered so long to work up to, is a joke? You can't do this to me, Q. You really can't!

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    No Jayna, The Unifying Force is the final book in the series. If you read Destiny's Way more than once, I pity. There are plenty more fun ways to commit suicide [face_devil]

4. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Holy blast! I am such a boob.

Yeah, I follow now. Good, so I still have a decent book to look forward to then?

I don't remember Destiny's Way being all that bad. Then again, I don't really remember anything about Destiny's Way. I suppose that's just as bad. It was the book that preceded the horribly unreadable trilogy of doom, right?

I think I just need to finish off the NJO and move on. This series has really stressed me out.

I just finished Survivor's Quest, by the way. I literally just finished it. Hoorha for vacation reading!!! :D

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Destiny's Way was the crappy one written by the guy that did Splinter of the Minds Eye, where he says Luke is a General and a bunch of stuff that I can't really mention without giving it away. It's the one you and I hated but Ben loved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.