main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Attraction (Obi/Qui/OCs) - humor - thanks so much, everyone!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dianethx, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Obi-Wan was going to faithfully protect his Master at all costs- I loved it!!!

2. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    =D= =D= Bravo Master!

Wonderful job with this story, but I am a litte sad that this is over! Loved the fact that Mace taught Qui-Gon that song! [face_laugh] That was priceless!

This was a incredible story, Master. You're talent simply amazes me!

3. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    Great story!:D I enjoyed it a lot and thanks for giving me something to smile and chuckle about. =D=

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Valairy_Scot ? LOL. Sitting on the Council that day must have been really something, especially later when everyone was laughing at the poor kid.:D I'm willing to bet that Obi-Wan never tells Anakin either.[face_whistling] Thanks so much for all your comments. I really appreciate it!

ratna ? LOL. Glad you liked it. I figured the older Padawans would love to tease Obi-Wan since he takes everything so seriously. [face_liarliar] Thanks for reading!

Master_Tigris_Leigh ? Go, Obi-Wan indeed. I loved writing Obi-Wan's report. He would be so scared and embarrassed in front of the Council. Yes, I pictured the holovids much like youtube. I also figured some of the holovids would have special effects on them but that Obi-Wan wouldn't find out til later when he got back to the Temple. Thanks. I'm so glad you liked it. It was really fun to write.

As for other stories, I've got a couple going right now so I'll be busy for quite some time to come.;) Thanks.

LuvEwan ? I figured Obi-Wan would be rather shy about girls so he'd be backwards at his age. LOL on foiling the plans of the Captain and Qui-Gon. [face_whistling] It was such a great deal of fun to write that I really didn't want to stop. Thanks so much for your comments!

VaderLVR64 ? Thanks. It was a lot of fun to write. I wanted it to be over the top in the idea but that the story would naturally flow from the one silly thing. [face_batting] I'm glad it came across. I was actually sorry to see it over. Thanks so much for reading.

Musing ? Cute is Obi-Wan, I must say. LOL on the diligence. He is determined to keep his Master on the straight and narrow.

As to your other question, unfortunately people in the government are always doing that kind of thing. Qui-Gon got caught in a trap not of his making but since he looked ridiculous, it was easier to blame him than to understand the reasons behind it.

Thanks for hanging in there!

Veloz ? Poor Obi-Wan. If he was just less straight-laced, he might have had a good laugh about it. But instead, he got more and more embarrassed. He's just too innocent! ;)

LOL on the song. Yes, Mace taught it to Qui-Gon. I can only imagine Mace's face when he saw Qui singing it that first time on the holovid. Must have busted a blood vessel. :D

Glad you enjoyed it. I had a great time writing it. Thanks.

Fifilla ? Yes, Mace taught him the song. LOL. I can only imagine why and how and when he did. LOL. Obi-Wan is cute! :) Thanks so much for reading.

KELIA ? Obi-Wan is pretty innocent. He's so into the straight and narrow path that he doesn't see how funny the whole thing is. Plus he figures he better keep Qui-Gon from doing anything else so embarrassing.;) LOL. As if he could really do anything about it.

Thanks. I had a great time with it.

Healer_Leona ? LOL. Poor Obi-Wan to have to go through that. I'm surprised he didn't burst into flames from the embarrassment! LOL on the song and Mace. I can only imagine where he taught Qui-Gon that song and why. [face_whistling]

Thanks. I loved writing this one. Thanks for reading.

Kitara ? Obi-Wan, the faithful protecter of his Master's honor.:D He's got a lot to learn. Thanks. Glad you liked it.

jedidas3 ? Honestly, I was a little sad it was over as well but I have other stories to write and only so much time to do it. LOL about Mace and Qui-Gon and the song. [face_whistling] Have to wonder at them both. LOL.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it!

Itachi-Uchiha ? Thanks. I had a great time writing it. It even made me smile while I was trying to figure out new ways to torment the poor kid. ;) Thanks for reading.

5. DarkAnakinfan

DarkAnakinfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Diane, this has been wonderful! Obi-Wan's embarassment has been priceless. The fact that Mace was the one who taught Qui-Gon the song is perfect. I think Obi-Wan is scarred for life having to imagine Qui-Gon or Mace being willingly intimate with anyone. I loved every minute of this!

6. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I am glad Obi-Wan survived. He may be more thankful than he realizes now to get away from it all for a while, even if there is humidity and heat and bugs. I love that it was Mace that taught Qui-Gon the song and gestures.

7. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    DarkAnakinfan - I'm positive that Obi-Wan will be scarred for life over this! Even more so when he realized that Mace taught Qui-Gon the song. I had a great time writing it. It was so much fun. I should write more humor, I think. Thanks so much for commenting!

Master_Noi - I think the poor kid needs a vacation after that, even if it is with bugs and heat! A long vacation. Of course, when he gets back, he'll try to avoid the holovids but won't be able to. I'm sure Garen and Bant will help him get over the embarrassment eventually. I loved that Mace taught him as well. The funny thing is that I hadn't planned on having Qui-Gon singing at all but my muse just kept putting it in and I think the story is better for it. Thanks for commenting.

8. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    This was brilliant!
    Absolutely hysterical!! [face_laugh]
    If I started telling my favorite parts, I'd probbably retell the whole thing, so I'll just say that it was great.
    [face_laugh]

9. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    wolf_kenobi - Thanks so much. :D I had a great time writing it and I'm just glad you enjoyed it!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Have read the entire story this day and it had me [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] a great story to read. Thanks for sharing it with us.=D=

11. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Thanks, earlybird-obi-wan, I loved writing it. Thanks for your comments!

12. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, so Yoda might be amused to see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan covered in bugs? [face_mischief] The Jedi Council can be rough. But Qui-Gon is just too smart for them.

And how interesting that Mace is the one who taught Qui-Gon that song. [face_laugh] No wonder he was mad.

And "It's going to be a bumpy ride?" Oooooooooh, has Qui-Gon been with Captain Antilles before, I wonder? She does have nice taste. ;) And Obi-Wan staying up all the time begin a pest to keep them apart; he is determined to protect his master. :) A good ending; glad you got through it!

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Anne - I think Yoda has a very weird sense of humor so he'd love seeing the pair of them covered in bugs. And Mace must have had a humorous side somewhere in his existance.... LOL. At least, I think so.

As for Captain Antilles, I'm sure he's run across her before but she's always been strictly business. Of course, now after that kiss, she wants more and who could blame her!

Glad you liked the ending. I thought Obi-Wan would be even more protective after that disaster. Thanks!

14. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_praying] I am so thankful to have found this while pronking around over here. Extremely entertaining and so well paced! If Obi-Wan could suffer a death by blushing, I'm sure he would have, but then he wouldn't have learned all the words to that song which now keeps running through my head ... "joyful, joyful, la la la la, la la la la laaaa la la ... " or whatever its GFFA lyrics are.

15. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    See? This is what I get fot not checking out "Before" every now and then. I could've missed this hilarious fic.

I LOL so many times, my dog went hiding in the closet. [face_laugh] You truly have a gift for the humorous fic, Diane!

There were so many lines, but this one had me convulsing: "Arms waving, a blaster in one hand, a flustered, red-faced man shouted above the others. "My wife's having his baby."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Bravo and well done! =D= =D=

16. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    pronker - Glad you liked it. It was a lot of fun to write. Slapstick comedy is something I rarely write but it was just too much of a temptation.

Death by blushing, indeed. I think Obi-Wan would be scarred for life after this. LOL on the song. I'm sure Obi will never, ever forget it. Thanks for reading.

Jade_Pilot - LOL on checking out Before! Glad you stopped by. Poor dog although I'm glad you found this amusing. I tried to make it silly. Thanks.

I also liked the idea of Qui-Gon getting accused that way. Naughty Qui-Gon... LOL. And the poor guy didn't even do it.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

17. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Oh, wow! This story was a real hoot and a half. I couldn't stop laughing at the visuals you so aptly created--and yes, you did an excellent job at slapstick humor here. Thank you for writing this, and sharing it. You certainly brightened up my day. :)

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Lurkalidth - thanks so much. I had such a fun time writing it. :D Love slapstick comedy! Glad you enjoyed it.

19. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Thank you so much for writing this story! I had a great laugh out of it, but even though it was comic and lighthearted, it also was essentially Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan's teenage voice was just perfect for telling this tale! Loved how bit by bit Qui-Gon was more effected by the drug as well and still found the strenght to not give in in the end and make sure the young girl's first kiss was with someone her own age.

The cake, the sliding, the woman getting back in line again and again (that would have been me), the mother, the press: the story is filled with wonderful details [face_love]

Heh, and it seemed that some members of the Council found embarrasment as bad, if not worse, as someone turning to the dark side! I do think Obi-Wan might agree with them [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The ending was great as well, with the punishment that was no punishment, but especially with Obi-Wan so determined that his master would not fall prey to some woman again. Not with him on guard!

I'm new here and currently reading through your and ardavenport's stories which for some reason I found first (it must have been the Force). Your stories are great and I love every moment I spend with them. Broken circle especially was very touching and I'm glad I found a story of yours where I can still reply to let you know how much I enjoy them all. I've just found 'Betrayal', so I can't linger, I have to go and read it!

20. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Seremela - thanks so much. It was really a lot of fun to write. I wanted to do something very silly, with lots of slapstick, a food fight and Obi-Wan being embarrassed out of his wits. LOL. I usually write either drama or angst so I'm trying to get more into humor.

I must admit that I did like writing about the cake and the sliding. :p Plus making the Council upset was really fun to do!

I'm glad you liked the ending. I was a little worried that people wouldn't think that Qui needed to be 'punished' at all but it seemed to work well.

There are some really wonderful writers on the boards. You'll find a wealth of stories. You might also check out Resource since we are having the awards for all the boards right now and you can get a really good idea of some of the stories from the list of nominations. There are excerpts from the ones that made it to the finals as well.

I'm glad you liked Broken Circle. :D Good luck reading Betrayal. It's really really long... plus be warned, I'm a very slow writer. Very slow. Really slow.

Thanks for commenting!

21. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    [:D] I LOVE how many stories there are here! I've come here only very recently and it will take time to get through it all (Betrayal has already held me up through some nights, lol, but I'm nearing the end, which is too sad because it's so beautiful), but I'm already looking forward to reading all the other authors as well.

Your idea to go through the nominated stories is a great one, thank you for the advice!

22. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    Gah! It got ***ual!

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Seremela - It's a wonderful place with lots of stories for just about everyone's taste. Glad you are enjoying the feast!

mujapple-juicey - Yes, it does. :D

[b][color=blue]I was really quite astonished at all the awards this story won. [face_blush] I just want to thank everyone who voted for this story and also to thank all my wonderful readers who encouraged me to keep going and finish it. You are the real treasures, those patient enough to wait for this slow writer to finish! Thank you so much! [face_hugs] [/color] [/b]

24. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    Compared to me, you're a speed[face_devil] .

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    mujapple-juicey - It just looks that way because I've been posting a long time. I've really very slow. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.