main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends AU Fan Fiction: ?The Force Moves In Mysterious Ways?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by perzahelonjediknight, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perzahelonjediknight

perzahelonjediknight Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2006
    ?The Force Moves In Mysterious Ways?

AU- Jania and Jag-L/M-H/L- Jacen/Tenel Ka

Synopsis:
    Jania Solo, at age 16 is barely out of the Jedi Academy with her brother Jacen and friends Tenel Ka and Lowbacca. They are about to be assigned to Jedi Masters and for once in her short life, Jania is not sure this is what she wants. Until a mission with her Master leads her to the heart of the Chriss Ascendant and towards someone she thought she would never ever like, let alone love. But will she get a chance at that love, or will the mysterious Master she has been assigned to cause more problems then the darkness brewing on the horizon?

Dramatis Personae:
    JEDI

Jania Solo - Jedi Padawan
    Jacen Solo - Jedi Padawan
    Tenel Ka - Jedi Padawan
    Lowbacca - Jedi Padawan
    Anakin Solo - Jedi In Training
    Tahiri - Jedi In Training
    Perza Helon - Jedi Master
    Mara Jade-Skywalker- Jedi Master
    Luke Skywalker - Jedi Master/Head of the Jedi Council
    Kyp Duron - Jedi Master
    Alear Hahan - Jedi Master

The Padawans and their Masters are as follows:

Jacen Solo - Alear Hahan
    Tenel Ka - Mara Jade Skywalker
    Jania Solo - Perza Helon
    Lowbacca - Kyp Duron
    Anakin Solo - None yet.
    Tahiri - None yet.

The CHRISS

Jagged Fel - Colonel in the Chriss Military.
    Soonitir Fel - Admiral in the Chriss Military

THE NEW REPUBLIC

Leia Organa Solo - Chief of State
    Han Solo - Consort of the Chief of State/Republic General

Authors Note: More will be added as this story progresses.

CHAPTER ONE: Dawn Of A New Day

Golden Dawn on Yavin IV. It was always spectacular and today it was no different. But still that thought could not help Jania Solo. Today she was going to be told of who her new Jedi master would be. Each of her friends as well as her, had been watched closely over the past few days. Jedi Masters had stood and watched, asked questions and listened to the answers.

Only one, a Jedi who had survived the purge committed by Jania?s grandfather, Perza Helon had not done so. It was said, she would not take a Padawan this time, as she was still in mourning for the death of her last, at her own hands. Jania was partially grateful that Perza would not be selecting a Padawan, for the woman had a weird way of looking at the young Jedi as she moved between them, as if searching their very souls.

Sitting on the warming stones of the old temple, Jania kicked her legs back and forth, knocking her heals on the stone gently as she listened both with her ears and the force to the sounds of the jungle around her. Slight scrabbling noises told her that the small creatures that lived within the walls of the grand temple were awake and moving. And even footsteps behind her alerted her to the fact that her twin, Jacen was joining her.

She turned with a smile to her brother as he flopped down beside her, his jumpsuit rumpled and his damp hair tussled from his shower. Jacen smiled back easily. And their twin link flared with greetings and mental hugs.

-What?s wrong Jania?- Jacen asked as they turned their gazes back to the dawn that was now spreading its golden fingers across the forest moon of Yavin IV.
    -I am uncertain. Today we are chosen by our masters? and then we will be separated. And?- She trailed off mentally.

-And you are not sure you want to be just a Jedi.- Jacen finished for his twin. ?Maybe you will get lucky and picked by Kyp. That way you can join his fighter squad. Even though there is nothing really to fight.. it is a good cause.-

With a wan smile, Jania leant against his shoulder and Jacen slipped his arm around her. Together they sat in silence watching the dawn creep slowly over the forest and awaken the animals and beings that lived there.

Mere Hours Later

Those who Master Skywalker had deemed ready stood assembled in the great hall where years ago, officers of the Rebel alliance had gathered to honor those victorious in the defeat of the first Death Star.

Luke Skywalker, Jedi M

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I really liked this so far! Please keep it UP!

3. perzahelonjediknight

Jun 5, 2006

4. perzahelonjediknight

Jun 5, 2006

Synopsis:
    Jania Solo, at age 16 is barely out of the Jedi Academy with her brother Jacen and friends Tenel Ka and Lowbacca. They are about to be assigned to Jedi Masters and for once in her short life, Jania is not sure this is what she wants. Until a mission with her Master leads her to the heart of the Chriss Ascendant and towards someone she thought she would never ever like, let alone love. But will she get a chance at that love, or will the mysterious Master she has been assigned to cause more problems then the darkness brewing on the horizon?

CHAPTER TWO: Mysterious Master

It had been less then a day since their departure from Yavin IV and Jania was still settling into the craft that Master Helon called home. One YT-2400 Light freighter named "Kin?. It was in good condition and totally crewed by droids. The only biological beings was Jania and the Master. And Perza had not spoken to Jania since assigning her a room.

Jania sat on a meditation mat in her cabin. She did not know what her new Master would expect but she was not about to sit around doing nothing. She submerged herself deep within the force and extended her senses. She spent minuets submerged before she ran into a brick wall of emotions. She gasped. The emotions were complex and sad. No anger though, a feeling of loss and despair. Jania?s eyes flew open.

The emotions came from the Jedi Master. And Jania could not believe it. The stories must be true. She must have loved her Padawan dearly. Her thoughts broke off as she realized that the loss went deeper then that. Something was not right and so she closed her eyes and tried to find out the reasons for the despair but after hours of trying she could not. Eventually she gave up and went to bed. She would see how her Master was tomorrow.

**** Meanwhile ****

Perza sat in her cabin looking at the Comm screen and at the man on it.
    ?Really Alear, I could hit you. I did not want a Padawan.?

Alear smiled at her. ?You need to move on from Asana Perza. And we both know that after? you need the company.? Alear was Perza?s oldest friend. They had been many things over the years, friends and lovers and Alear was the father of her four children. Not that anyone knew that her and Alear had children. So carefully hidden were they.

?You told Luke I wanted Jania. Why would I want a Skywalker spawn??

?She is SOLO spawn and a nice kid.?

?Still has Anakin?s genes in her. Its Dangerous. The Skywalker genes..?

?Are safe now. Luke is his son and you trust him. Don?t you??

Perza nodded.

?Then what?s the difference.?

The Master sighed and glared at him. ?I hate you at times.?

?No you don?t. You just do not like the fact that I am right.? He paused. ?Perza, you still have your emotions around you as a shield. If She feels them? she will worry about things.?

?Let her?

?Perza.? Alear said with a groan.

?Look, you got her into this, now I have to deal with her. You deal with your own Padawan Alear and leave mine to me. Ok??

Alear nodded silently. No one argued with Perza. She who had seen the purge first hand had a very small sense of humor. ?Just be careful Perza ok??

Perza smiled, the first smile in a long time. ?I will Alear, you worry too much.?

?Where are you headed??

?I thought to do some time on the outer rim. Take Jania on a small tour about the battle grounds of the clone wars. And to test her endurance.?

?Meanie?

?No, what do you plan to do??

?I think I will take Jacen first to the Wookie Homeworld. To see how he handles that.. then I will meet you at the normal place if you like. We can see how well they work together??

?Geonosis??

Alear nodded.

?Agreed.? Perza replied. ?Yavin IV is all well and good but a bit of tough training never hurt? ? She broke off. And a small smile crossed her lips. ?On second thought? after that, I might do some recon on the Remnant. Wanna come??

He nodded. ?I will meet you on Geonosis in 2 standard weeks.?

?I look forward to it Alear

5. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Still liking it!:)

6. perzahelonjediknight

Jun 5, 2006
    So Far you are the only one reading it I think :) But Thanks. I like hearing reviews:)

7. perzahelonjediknight

Jun 5, 2006

Synopsis:

CHAPTER THREE: OUTER RIM EXPLORATION

*** One Week Later ***

Jania was about to scream. Her Master was ? evil. She had to be. No one could push someone this hard. They had landed Myrkr, a forceless planet 5 days before. And Perza seemed determined to make Jania train without the force.

Perza had given her the following information the day before they had landed, still silent about what she expected. And then she had, once they landed told her that they would be working without the force.

Despite being well within the borders of the Old Republic, and having been on official registries for more than 300 years, the planet Myrkr has been steadfastly avoided by the Jedi Knights. The reason for this distance nearly sealed the fate of the New Republic when exploited by the Imperial mastermind, Grand Admiral Thrawn. It was not the high metal content of the trees that kept the Jedi away, though that characteristic does have notable advantages. The teeming forests of Myrkr obscure sensor readings, making it an ideal hiding place for those on the run from the law. The natural predators that roam these forests aren't the reason either, though the sleek and agile vornskrs exhibit a predisposition to attack Force-sensitives. The reason lies in the small sessile salamander-like creatures that live in trees. The native ysalamiri have the singular ability to push back the Force. Their presence creates a bubble wherein the Force doesn't exist. A Jedi trapped in an ysalamiri's presence cannot tap the mystical energy field that defines her abilities. The presence of these creatures is not what drew smuggler chief Talon Karrde to Myrkr; not entirely, anyhow. He genuinely grew to admire Myrkr as a home for his growing smuggler operation, an organization that survived and prospered despite the underworld shakedown that followed Jabba the Hutt's death. Though the ysalamiri were ultimately peripheral to his business ventures, he did profit from his knowledge of the esoteric creatures when the Empire suddenly showed up on Myrkr five years after the Battle of Endor. Grand Admiral Thrawn, a cunning Imperial mastermind, devised a brilliant strategy to retake the Core Worlds. The ysalamiri would be used for two major purposes -- to help recruit and control the insane Dark Jedi Joruus C'baoth into the Imperial ranks, and to facilitate the construction of a new Imperial army, overcoming the limitations of accelerated Spaarti-cylinder based cloning. Eventually, Karrde was forced to pick sides in the growing conflict between the New Republic and the Empire. His decision forced him to flee Myrkr, and the planet was largely forgotten after the failure of Thrawn's campaign. Its unobtrusive port town of Hyllyard City remains a haven for smugglers and malcontents.

Not that Jania cared. She was too busy working without the force. And she was not liking it at all. She was so use to using the force that it was draining on her skills.

Perza watched from the tree above her Padawan as she tried to keep her balance through the trees. Jania had come far. The first day she had staggered under the loss of the force. The second she had borne up better and now, she was much better. If they ever came up against an enemy who could block the force Jania would not stagger as Perza had done when faced with the darn ysalamiri the first time. She would not be helpless and easily over powered? Content that her Padawan was strengthening

8. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Still liking it!![face_dancing]

Dang you are a fast updater![:D] =D= [face_love]

9. perzahelonjediknight

Jun 5, 2006
    Am going to wait a bit now before i update again. Tomorrow afternoon maybe.. or saturday..

10. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Is there going to be Youuzhang Vong in this?[face_worried] I'm just guessing since Jaina is training without the force.

11. perzahelonjediknight

Jun 5, 2006
    Maybe. But Perza had other reasons for the Forceless training. Her past history, which will unfold will explain why she wants Jania to be prepared.. but I am thinking maybe the Chriss would be more of an issue at first. :))

12. perzahelonjediknight

Jun 5, 2006
    Update Will be Up on Saturday or sunday. I will continue this. Would like more reviewers though *HINT HINT*

13. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Update still isn't here:_|

Up soon please[face_praying]

14. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    intersting.....

15. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004