main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [AU Tatooine] The Desert That Shall Not Be Named

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Coruscant, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Welcome! This RPG's doors are open to all. It is a spin-off of a forum-sponsored RPG that played out in SWC last year (Ghost Ship Executor), but this game is not a forum game like its predecessor. There are no winners, no murderers, no eliminations, no challenges, no rewards.... just some fun RPing with a few of Sleepy's trademarks carried over (that you'll read about shortly).

You don't need to have participated in last year's Ghost Ship Executor game to play in this. While the storyline and many of the characters in The Desert That Shall Not Be Named will be a continuation of what was begun in GSE, TDTSNBN (boy, that's a long acronym) is not merely continuation, but also a completely new beginning. TDTSNBN, unlike GSE, will have a relaxed, low-pressure demeanor and much less proactive hosting.

[b][u]Table of Contents[/b][/u]
    1. Background
    2. Philosophy, aka The Way of the Desert
    3. The Characters
    4. Miscellaneous

[hr]
    [blockquote][b][u]Background[/b][/u]
    Some time ago, an eclectic assortment of men and women from all over the galaxy (and all over time) found themselves suddenly, mysteriously inside a very large spaceship they soon discovered was the star destroyer Executor. To some of these individuals, this was a cause for confusion since they came from a time when the Executor had already plunged into the second Death Star and its resultant death. To others, this was news. And some were so far removed from the Galactic Civil War, chronologically speaking, that they didn't even know what the Executor was.

What they couldn't possibly know was that this Executor was the GHOST SHIP EXECUTOR, and it existed on some different plane or dimension than the one of the galaxy they came from. It just so happened that this colossal ghost ship was surrounded by a beautiful nebula- a nebula which turned out to be inhabited by a cruel race of supernatural beings known as THE NEBULANS.

Regularly tormented by these Nebulans and discovering they were being picked off one by one by elusive Murderers, the men and women of the ghost ship were eventually reduced to a mere four survivors.

A mister Obi-Wan Kenobi at last managed to escape the Ghost Ship Executor, along with the recently birthed twins Jacen and Jaina (it's a... well... it's a long story) and a nine-year old Anakin. Where did these four end up, by no choice of their own?

The Desert That Shall Not Be Named, of course.

By "coincidence", the four of them found themselves on the desert planet right next to the Lars Homestead. They don't know when in the timeline they are, but they soon discover that the homestead and indeed Mos Eisley, and Mos Espa, and every Mos on the planet, are all desolate and empty. It's as if one day (and judging by the decrepit condition everything is in, that day was long, long ago) there was a planet-wide rapture and everyone disappeared.

Before long, Master Kenobi disappears, leaving Anakin to take care of, oddly enough, his grandchildren. The three of them won't be alone much longer, however, because a few old, familiar faces are going to start showing up... and some new ones, too!
    [/blockquote]
    [hr]
    [blockquote][b][u]Philosophy, aka The Way of the Desert[/u][/b]

This RPG will not be big on epic battles or high-stakes action sequences. If that's the only thing you're looking for, this is not the game for you.

This RPG is primarily about one thing: [b]character[/b]. There are a few situational preconditions existent to enhance this character-centricity, as well as one allowance.

[li]No "extras". The only people around will be your characters. [/li]
    [li]No leaving TDTSNBN. All characters will be confined to this AU Tatooine. This is done in part to keep the focus on your character and his or her interactions with other characters, and also to intimately personalize Tatooine itself, as though the very planet is a character in the game. [/li]
    [li]Creatures and critters alike are still present. They are considered living extensions of TDTSNBN. This includes Sand People.[/li]
    [li]Sand People are around, but no raider specific

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    first off... the return of han and han, mark II.

Player List

1. Trimaj Han Solo, DNT Era
    2. HanSolo29 Han Solo, Outcast Era

clean slate for me, unless solojones decides to return memories intact. then maybe.

obviously a clean slate for HS since she's running with a different era.

:snoopy

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks, Tri! :)

And Cor, I hope those eras are okay. If they're too close, I'll go ahead and change it. Just let me know.

4. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    So, concerning Tri's Han's clean slate (I assume this is the same Pops Han), is this the same guy that was in GSE, just with memories of GSE gone? Or is this a new extract from the same point in the timeline that GSE Pops came from?

I trust you, Steph!

Could a moderator please edit in this link Ghost Ship Executor Pre-Game underneath the Good Reads header? Thanks!

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, basically the same time period. may adjust things slightly since i can't remember EXACTLY when i had him before, but essentially the same.

however, i may retcon some history or something together if solojones decides to play her obi-wan. otherwise clean slate.

6. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
  7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
  8. Aefernal_Fire

Aefernal_Fire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
  9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Player List

1. Trimaj Han Solo, DNT Era, The Joker
    3. Rilwen_Shadowflame Count Dooku, just prior to RotS
    4. Aefernal_Fire Boba Fett, the end of AotC
    5. yodaminch Tholme (right before murder on GSE), Logray, Vos (right after murder), and the others

So can Batman return? He was rather ticked about being stabbed in the chest. :p

Returning:

Tholme- right before being beaten by his non mechanical arm. [face_shame_on_you]
    Logray the medicine ewok- who somehow managed to survive the slaughter and remembers everything.
    Quinlan Vos- Who hates sand. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment.[face_blush]
    Hopefully Batman- Who also hates sand.
    possibly (if I'm suicidal enough :p ) young Quinlan Vos from the old challenge.

If there isn't going to be a whole lot of action, then I can actually not run Tholme ragged. So he and Vos can lose those extra abilities from before. Part of their whole coming back to life thingy.

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yes it will aefernal.

WB minch, and yea you can have your bats if you had him in the last game.

bringing back my ewok friend, only THIS time it's the real tarfang.

Player List

1. Trimaj Han Solo, DNT Era, The Joker, Tarfang, Post Second Galactic War
    5. yodaminch Tholme, Immediately Prior to Murder, Logray, Quinlan Vos, Immediately Following Murder, Batman

list updated with links and such.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Hmm... I'm really considering joining as Obi-Wan. Ack, this is so tempting. The GSE sequel just wound up not being possible, you know? Too much stuff going on in my life. But a relaxed RP.. herm... especially with both Tri and Steph playing...

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    YES!!! [face_dancing]

I think i'll sign up as old Ben Kenobi again (Old and in the Way needs to return!), and he should remember everything from GSE (including his death). If it's ok, i'd like to bring back Siri (right BEFORE her death in GSE), which could make things interesting and Wicket too :D

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    just add 'em to the list veloz.;)

we'd love to have you rach. wouldn't be the same without the goof troop getting back together.

14. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Oopsie, ok here's me:

Player List

1. Trimaj Han Solo, DNT Era, The Joker
    5. yodaminch Tholme (right before murder on GSE), Logray, Vos (right after murder), and the others
    6. Veloz Ben Kenobi (right after his death in GSE), Wicket and Siri (right before her murder in GSE).

solojones: u must come back, so much drama to be had! [face_laugh]

15. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh my god, so many have come back! It's so good to see all of you again, picking up some old characters and some new ones, too. Plus, we've got one new person... welcome to the game, Aefernal! :)

We should have a couple more joining shortly.

Just a reminder... RPing is officially open as soon as you've signed up your character(s). The starting point for all characters (save the four survivors) is Mos Eisley. Wherever you go from there is up to all of you.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    A few questions/suggestions before starting Cor:

1) Rule wise, what can and can't we do in the dessert. For example, how populated is it? Does it have dwellings? Can we make some? Can we make supplies?

2) Will you be bringing back the points and store stuff? Just because it's there is no official prize this time doesn't mean you can not still have in game rewards right?

3) Since it will be more relaxed, I assume we don't have to panic about challenges? But if we are so inclined, could we make our own mini adventures from time to time?

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, I'm gonna add two more characters to the mix. First one will be Jae Juun to play off of Tri's Tarfang and for my second one, I'm gonna try something different and make this really crazy. I'm going from one extreme to the other by bringing in a 19 year old Han "Vykk Draygo" Solo from Paradise Snare.

Here is the updated list:

1. Trimaj Han Solo, DNT Era, The Joker, Tarfang, Post Second Galactic War
    2. HanSolo29 Han Solo, Outcast Era, Han Solo, Paradise Snare, Jae Juun, post Second Galactic Civil War
    5. yodaminch Tholme, Immediately Prior to Murder, Logray, Quinlan Vos, Immediately Following Murder, Batman
    6. Veloz Ben Kenobi, Immediately after murder, Siri, immediately prior to murder, Wicket

18. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Good questions.

1. The desert is as empty as the towns are. The dwellings remained, however. You can make some. And supplies are okay, too, but no superweapons and minor superweapons/devices will require my approval.

2. No points, no store stuff. No rewards, either.

3. No challenges. But yes, if you are so inclined, you can go on your own adventures. :)

19. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    :eek:3 Hans!? poor Ben :oops: [face_laugh]

20. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Count Dooku's GSE history has been added underneath the Characters header. :)

21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  22. Aefernal_Fire

Aefernal_Fire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
  23. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007

24. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001