main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [AU Tatooine] The Desert That Shall Not Be Named

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Coruscant, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Deena Shan

Inside the House, Mos Eisley

Deena stood there, a little dazed. As usual. Suddenly, she shook her head. "Woah. Sorry 'bout that. I was kinda--" She stopped her sentence when she saw the Twi'lek girl and Han grinning at each other.

She sighed. "Looks like everyone is fallin' for each other..." Deena mumbled to herself.

The young woman said to the female Twi'lek and Han, "Okay. If you guys need me... I'll be out in the desert with Ronin... again..." After saying that, she was on her way out the house.

"I guess I'm not much of a help. Every time I try to help... I screw up..." she added.

Tag: Han, Mission, anyone around/in the House

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    House, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

The woman retorted in response to his comment, which wasn't surprising, but it did very little to deter him from his current teasing manner. Sure, she had quite the bark, but Han had been around enough women to realize that her words held very little weight. They were empty threats and he had a suspicion that she actually enjoyed a good verbal sparring match. If nothing else, the grin on her face was a dead giveaway of her true emotions and Han decided to act on it.

"Well, maybe," he drawled with raised brow, pushing himself up just enough so that he could see her face in the dim light. "Y-You were looking in all the wrong places. I've got nothing but free time, sweetheart, I'd be happy to accommodate."

At first glance, it sounded like the natural response for him to use, but now, something didn't feel right and he frowned as he looked away briefly. He felt a pang of something in his chest - something that took hold of his insides and clamped down hard, effectively shattering his good mood. Was it guilt? But that didn't make sense. What did he have to be guilty about?

Leia.

The last memory of the princess he had was of her standing on the edge of the carbon freezing chamber, her demeanor seemingly calm and collected, but her eyes were desperate; worried. She was worried about him and her final words were a declaration of love that still rang true in his mind. She loved him and although he never admitted it, he had similar feelings for her as well.

He bit the inside of his lip and turned his attention back to the Twi'lek, obviously not wanting to continue to dwell on that subject. Luckily, he didn't have to say another word as Deena Shan's voice broke into their conversation as she made her way towards the door.

"Okay. If you guys need me... I'll be out in the desert with Ronin... again..." she muttered, clearly frustrated.

Han stared at her, his brow furrowed. Was she simply trying to attract attention or was their a deeper issue? Whatever it was, he didn't like it and she would end up getting killed if she went wandering around alone again. "D-Didn't you learn your lesson the first time? You ain't going anywhere. In fact..."

Planting his hands firmly on the mattress beneath him, he started to push himself up to assist Shan, but only got about halfway before the stabbing pain returned to the wound. He inhaled sharply and winced before slowly lowering himself back down to the padding of the bed. "O-On second thought...m-maybe I'll just...s-stay here."

TAG: Mission, Deena Shan, Others in the house

3. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008

IC: Zaalbar and Mission Vao
    ~Mos Eisley~

It was clear to Zaalbar that the droids didn?t know more than what they had just told him and he turned away to walk back to the house. There was food and water there, especially food, and he really should see if Mission needed any help. She hadn?t been calling out for him, so he didn?t expect her to, but you never knew.

[If you want to see if it?s indeed the man you?re looking for inside, you?re welcome,] he said over his shoulder to the two droids. [And it might be safer inside now that it?s night. Especially since we don?t know what brought us all here and why this town looks like it?s mostly deserted.]

With that he stepped into the house, just in time to catch a conversation between the wounded man and Mission that made him grab his bowcaster a bit more tightly. Giving the young blonde woman who stood in indecision near the door a brief nod, he immediately went to the couch and the wounded man, who was talking to the blond woman now, telling her to stay, and trying in vain to get off the couch.

[Mister,] he growled at him [you may think that kind of talk is funny, but Mission is only a child and way too young for it, so cut it out.]

?What?? Mission squeaked. ?I?m not a child! How many times do I have to keep telling you that? I?ve saved your hide more times than you can count, so you have no right to keep treating me like one!?

Zaalbar rolled his eyes. Nothing could get Mission riled up faster than being called a child. It was one of the things he would never understand about her. Since she was a child, why bother to deny it? He grabbed the blanket that was slipping from the couch to the ground and threw it back over the man. [Stay down, you?re in no shape to move around. Let that bacta do its job, we?ll get you what you need. And treat the girl with the respect she deserves, that way we?ll all get along.]

Then he turned to Mission, who stood as he had expected, with her fists in her sides, her blue lekku hanging down her back and an expression he had learned to recognize as utter outrage on her face.

[Mission, I know what you?re worth. Two years of surviving Lower City together says it all. But you?re also only fourteen years old and I won?t stand for some things, you know that. And now I?m going to get some food before I faint from hunger.]

He gave the man one last warning look and stomped off to get the supplies he had found in the cantina.

Mission stared daggers at Zaalbar?s retreating back. She was mortified at what he?d just done. Some harmless banter to forget the bad situation they were in and he went completely in protection mode, what was that all about? Why wouldn?t he admit she was no child anymore? Not even now that she turned fourteen a few moons back? Fourteen! Geez, how much older did she have to get before being seen as an adult?

It just wasn?t fair.

Not being able to look the man in the eye, she mumbled, ?I?m sorry, he?s usually much nicer, but he gets cranky when he hasn?t had enough to eat.? Which was only the truth after all and hopefully made Han oversee the whole ?child? nonsense.

?I eh? I?ll go see how Boba is.?

She quickly turned to flee and saw the blonde woman, Deena, stand by the door. She remembered her saying she was leaving and suddenly she hoped not, because Han still needed help and right now she just couldn?t face him.

?Maybe you can see to Han for a while?? she asked. ?Besides, I don?t think it?s safe out there at night.? She shivered. ?And it?s getting cold. Maybe we should make a fire or something.?

She was so not going to ask Zaalbar for that, not now. She was never going to speak to him again!

Not any time soon anyway, she was still too mad at him.

TAG: Han, Deena, Boba and anyone else who wants to step inside the house

4. Aefernal_Fire

Aefernal_Fire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    IC HK-47
    ~Street in Mos Eisley~

Threepio let out a mechanical sound of disdain, "Clearly you're programming is the one in need of repair."

He then turned to the wookie, "My counterpart corrrectly observes that this is the planet Tatooine in the Outer Rim. It is not how he remembers it nor how I remember it either. Thus far, we've surmised that we have all been taken from different periods of time and deposited to this planet for some strange reason. Artoo also asks if you know the status of Captain Han Solo. He was injured in the speeder attack. Do you know if he is alright? For the moment, he is the closest thing to a Master we have on this planet as Master Luke Skywalker has disappeared and we have not yet encountered Princess Leia Organa Solo."

"BRROOP BEEP."["Excuse me."] Artoo beeped torwards the assasin droid. "BAWP BOOP BOOP BEEP BAWP." ["I was hoping for my counterpart to translate."]

?Apologetic retraction: I should know better than to attempt to aid my fellow droids,? HK-47?s photoreceptors glowed angrily and then narrowed, ?Unless it is to their deactivation or dismemberment, of course.?

[If you want to see if it?s indeed the man you?re looking for inside, you?re welcome,] he said over his shoulder to the two droids. [And it might be safer inside now that it?s night. Especially since we don?t know what brought us all here and why this town looks like it?s mostly deserted.] With that Zaalbar stepped into the house

The assassin droid followed after the wookie. He really shouldn?t leave his master?s side for long?perhaps he needed something killed? HK-47 entered the pathetic sand-colored structure that the meatbags with their soft outsides needed for protection and made his way over to where his new master was recharging at the table in the kitchen. The rust colored droid overheard the large hairy meatbag and the smaller blue meatbag arguing as they usually did.

HK?s small sleeping master twitched and slept with obvious signs of distress?much like his old master had. Good, perhaps that meant there would be more violence and death soon.

TAG: C-3PO, R2-D2, Zaalbar, Any

IC Boba Fett

In the Boba Fett?s dreams, the colors and memories blurred together, the angles seemed odd, the sounds weren?t really there, and brought nothing but a slow aching pain and nausea.

?Jango Fett, are you ready??

The bounty hunter eyed her as if the question were an insult. Yet his fingers twitched ever so slightly, almost as if in nervous hesitation as he took the infant into his arms. The powerful, feared, and almost legendary bounty hunter held the child unsurely, like he was trying to cradle a specifically delicate and extremely lethal weapon that could go off at any moment.

?Alright, go ahead,? Jango spoke while completely spell bound by the soft thing in his arms with half-open eyes.

?Hello little one,? Taun We began soothingly then continued, ?This is your first day.?

??Hello little one,? Jango spoke in his rough, accented, and scarred voice.

?This is your first day,? The bounty hunter?s voice went low with foreboding regret as he remembered just how cruel life could be in this galaxy. He wondered, even if for just a moment if it was fair to drag this helpless, innocent creature into life.

?Your designation is?? Taun We halted expectantly.

?Your
    name,? Jango Fett?s resolve went firm and he only paused for a moment before he finally named his one true son.

I?ll never know why he chose it.

??Is Boba Fett.?

Taun We smiled, then spoke again, ?We expect great things from you??

. . .

?What do these mean?? The toddler held the dual blasters wrong, by the muzzle instead of the hand grip, as he climbed into his father?s lap.

?Don?t EVER play with blasters!? the father went to grab the weapons from his son, but the child held them away in the other direction.

?No Boba!? the child mimicked his father, ?Down put blaster! Zow! Zow!? h

5. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Qui-Gon Jinn (and a little Anakin)
    ~Jabba?s stronghold~

Qui-Gon lay staring up at the ceiling of a small alcove to the side of the large hallway. Anakin had showed it to him not long after Ben had left to take first watch in the comm center. It was perfect, out of the way but still close enough to the others, so they could get him quickly if something might happen. With Anakin refusing to leave his side and determined to guard him, he had quickly sunk into a deep healing trance.

The babies had woken him out of it, their cries somehow reaching him through the Force itself. He had found Anakin fast asleep on a heap of clearly old, but still comfortable looking cushions, with a blanket kicked halfway off him. Since then he had been staring at the ceiling, thinking. About the Sith he had encountered and the disturbing idea that it was responsible for his death. About the bleak future Ben and Tholme had described to him, bleak especially for the boy laying in front of his sleeping couch. And about Ben, the man that had grown out of his bright apprentice.

"Yes, he was very skilled..."

Ben?s softly whispered words after Qui-Gon?s description of his encounter with the Sith kept playing through his head. As did the mood in which they had been spoken. Sadness, but also?. Qui-Gon shook his head. He hadn?t been able to read Ben?s mood completely, but the man had been troubled by something, deeply troubled.

He needed to talk to him.

Qui-Gon reached with the Force, first inward, checking his body. It had been a short trance, but it had been effective already. His bruises had lessened and more importantly, his ribs had knitted back together. The rest could heal just as well on its own. Next he reached outward, searching for Ben. He was still in the comm room.

Quietly Qui-Gon stood, ignoring the pain from his ribs. Before he left the alcove, he pulled the blanket up over Anakin. The boy stirred, but didn?t wake up. In the big hall he found the princess sitting on the same couch Ben and Batman had helped him to, rocking one of her babies and whispering softly to it. She looked up at him, her question in her eyes.

?I?m going to see Ben,? he whispered. She only nodded, not wanting to disturb her baby.

When Qui-Gon reached the comm room, he entered it without a word. He took a chair beside Ben and looked at the man. Taking in the lined but proud face, half hidden by a grey, almost white beard, white hair in disarray on Ben?s head, he realized something. He didn?t want to have to leave this man behind, like he was going to leave his apprentice behind, so many years ago for this Obi-Wan. He wanted to know him and fight by his side.

?Tell me more about the Sith,? he said, ?and about how I die. I would like to know what went wrong and see what I can do about it.?

His age was definitely a factor, but he had always been one of the greatest lightsaber fighters in the order. He would train for the Sith and what they brought to a fight. And perhaps with the help of Ben?s experience, he would find a way to defeat them in another encounter.

?You were there when they took over the Republic, you fought against the Sith and you survived. I hope you will teach me what you know.? He grinned at Ben. ?In this I think I should become your apprentice.?

Wouldn?t that make a perfect circle in his life?

Serious again, he added, ?And I want to hear more about Anakin. Do you know what made him turn? What led up to it?? Because he was still determined to not let that happen, no matter what he was told about the future. The future had to take care of itself, he could only do what he felt was right. Here, now.

TAG: Ben

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo

A kid? The Twi'lek was a kid?!

Han inwardly groaned and repositioned himself on the couch in order to get a better look of the woman--er, girl and the Wookiee arguing nearby. He hadn't noticed it before, but upon closer inspection, she had the innocent face of a child. She was young, very young and he had made the huge mistake of flirting with her. Something like that could get a guy in trouble and he cringed just thinking about the consequences. He had to be more careful and stick simply with what he knew.

Their argument finally seemed to be winding down and when the Wookiee left the room in a huff, Han blew out a sigh of relief and ran a hand down over his face. It might not have been the best of times, but he knew what had to be done. In fact, he should've done this in the first place. It would've saved him a whole lot of trouble, including dealing with an irate Wookiee. "Hey, uh...Mission, is it?" he called over to her before she could leave the room as well, one corner of his mouth lifting up into a smirk in an attempt to lighten the mood. "I--thanks." He trailed off with a shrug, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. "You know, for helping me out back there. It could've ended pretty bad and...well, I didn't wanna get you in trouble. I owe you for that. No hard feelings, huh?"

TAG: Mission, Deena Shan, Zaalbar, Others around the house

7. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as R2-D2
    outside Mos Eisly house

?Apologetic retraction: I should know better than to attempt to aid my fellow droids,? HK-47?s photoreceptors glowed angrily and then narrowed, ?Unless it is to their deactivation or dismemberment, of course.?

Artoo only shook his head after the assasin droid stalked away. He knew that he would only pester them again.

[If you want to see if it?s indeed the man you?re looking for inside, you?re welcome,] he said over his shoulder to the two droids. [And it might be safer inside now that it?s night. Especially since we don?t know what brought us all here and why this town looks like it?s mostly deserted.]

Artoo had to agree. He knew first hand how bad Tatooine could be (stupid Jawas.) And, they still had no idea why this town was devoid of life.

He moved inside the house the wookie pointed out. He wanted to see for himself if this was truly Han Solo...

...and if so, which Han Solo was it.

And thus, his photoreceptors were focused on the man sitting on the couch. Black vest, with a white undershirt. DL-44 at the side, brown, scruffy hair...

Indeed, this was Han Solo...but not as he remembered him. It would have to make do for now.

With a loud beep, he hoped to cath the man's attention.

TAG: Han, Threepio, Zaalbar, Mission, Hk, any in/around house.

8. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: Just to let everyone know, I might not be on this week. I'm probably going out of town with my family. But I'll be back on the 29th or 30th of this month. See ya! :)

IC: Deena Shan

Inside the House, Mos Eisley

"D-Didn't you learn your lesson the first time? You ain't going anywhere. In fact..."

She could see that Han was trying his best to get up, but the pain got to him. He laid back down.

"O-On second thought...m-maybe I'll just...s-stay here."

Deena smiled warmly at Han. She then turned to Mission.

?Maybe you can see to Han for a while?? she asked. ?Besides, I don?t think it?s safe out there at night.? She shivered. ?And it?s getting cold. Maybe we should make a fire or something.?

The young woman looked out. It did look cold. And it was getting dark. Deena sighed, and closed the door. "You're right. I'll help out as well."

Deena grabbed a chair, and sat next to Han. "Don't worry, Han. I'll be here for you and the others. And when you get better, I can introduce you to Ronin." She smiled. Then she looked sad.

"And Han? I'm really, really sorry for not being there for you. Sometimes... I feel that I'm an outcast. Especially when I was in the Rebellion. That's why I left..."

Tag: Han, Mission, Boba, anyone around/in the House

9. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: this is going to be a loooong post. I blame Qui-Gon for asking difficult questions [face_laugh]

IC: Ben Kenobi

Ben loved nights. The calmness that accompanied it had always brought him the peace that might have eluded him during the day. This particular one, although quiet, was unnerving him. In truth he had suggested they keep a watch because it was the logical thing to do, but the reality was he also found himself unable to sleep. Old memories from his life, the strange Nebulan experience and the uncertainty of what challenges they would face this time... it was all swimming around inside his head. He closed his eyes and proceeded to clear his mind. He couldnt lose it, not now. "Who knows what this experience will bring us", he mumbled to himself. After a while, something stirred in the Force. It was something familiar. Qui-Gon.

Ben could feel his master coming towards him. And he knew what was going to happen. His Master had questions, and Ben wasnt looking forward to providing some answers. Letting out a deep sigh, he waited.

After a few seconds and without a word, Qui-Gon entered the comm room and sat beside him. ?Tell me more about the Sith, and about how I die. I would like to know what went wrong and see what I can do about it.?Before Ben could answer, Qui-Gon continued, ?You were there when they took over the Republic, you fought against the Sith and you survived. I hope you will teach me what you know.? He grinned at Ben ?In this I think I should become your apprentice.? Eyebrows lifted, Ben was taken back by his master's words. But before Ben could protest, he continued, ?And I want to hear more about Anakin. Do you know what made him turn? What led up to it?? . There it was. The question he had asked himself for years while getting thru life in this very planet. Did he really have answers?

Shaking his head, Ben raised both his arms, trying to ask for calmness. This was going to be tricky. Letting out a deep sigh "First of all, i dont think i'm fit to be your Master.... and i'll get to my reasons behind that in a bit". Ben started his tale "You're death was at the hands of the painted sith, as you probably remember...i killed him, and you died in my arms...", his voice trailed off. "It was difficult moving on without you, but i did as you requested of me: i became determined to have Anakin as my padawan. At first Master Yoda wouldnt have it, but i guess he must have seen some of your stubbornness rub off on me, and he finally conceded", he added, unable to avoid an amused smile. Becoming more serious, he continued, "Right at that moment, and because of the events in Naboo, things unraveled in the senate, and Senator Palpatine was elected Chancellor, which must have been his plan all along... and that's when the darkside started its takeover." Looking at Qui-Gon he added, "Palpatine was a sith lord, Darth Sidious... the sith were in front of us all along, and we didnt see them coming until it was too late to rectify".

"Sidious started his move against us from the start, specially with Anakin. At the time i didnt see it and neither did the Council but he would find reasons to have Anakin spend time with him, and i did notice him starting to have influence over my padawan." His face grew somber, "Looking back i should have seen the change in Anakin, but i attributed it to him growing up... he retreated to himself, he stopped really talking to me, and I could tell he missed his mother... and then we were assigned to protect Padme after someone had tried to assassinate her... she was now Senator Amidala. His feelings for her were obvious, but i didnt see anything beyond a childhood crush. But there was so much more..." Ben's voice once again trailed off, his voice went low as he told Qui-Gon about Anakin and Padme returning to Naboo, and how his mother was killed. Running one of his hands thru his hair, Ben lett out a deep sigh as he tried to calm himself. "At the center of Padme?s assassination attempts was the Trade Federation again, fueled by Dooku, w

10. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek

Unlike the Jedi in front of him (a strange irony, he had to note) Galen on the offensive as he would have, like say, on an assasination or Jedi hunt, even on the Death Star. His blade still remained unignited, simply having his hands on his hips.

He overheard the conversation between the Jedi and his former master. He decided not to do anything as he listened.

?Quite an aggressive stance for a Jedi to take, especially when I just wished to discuss the Nebulans with you.? That?s when Siri saw another speeder approaching, with people she couldn?t recognize, ?And with your friend?, Vader added. ?No Jedi would make the mistake of trusting you, Vader?, she mumbled, ?So I guess you?ll have to pardon the mistrust in our part?.

Ever observant, Galen was aware of the blonde Jedi slinking her way across to Master Vos, still poised for attack.

Now that the Jedi had said her part, though, he now stepped forward towards Darth Vader, his hands still at his hips.

He gave a look towards the two Jedi, and then once again looked towards the eyeless helmet that towered over him. The visage would?ve had Jedi Knights scared witless, not knowing what was behind.

But he did. He knew what was behind that visage.

?The Jedi aren?t your concern Vader. I think we all know that by some anomaly,? even he doubted these Nebulans existence. ?That we have all been deposited from different times. So wouldn?t the Emperor be more pleased, by that same occurrence that killing me would effectively erase the Rebellion??

He looked slyly towards Vader. He then tried to contact the two Jedi. Getting into their minds was hard, but then, he could?ve read Kota?s mind like a book, from raw power alone. But he didn?t want to read their mind?

?he needed to talk.

?Don?t say a word. Just Go. I can handle him.? He communicated to the two Jedi.

TAG: Vader, Vos, Siri, Jar Jar

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: C-3P0

[If you want to see if it?s indeed the man you?re looking for inside, you?re welcome. Especially since we don?t know what brought us all here and why this town looks like it?s mostly deserted.]

The wookiee then began to walk inside. Noticing that the suns had set, Threepio followed the wookiee and Artoo inside. To his distain he noticed the assassin droid had followed.

Artoo immediately rolled over to Han Solo whom, Threepio was relieved to see, was up and talking.

"Captain Solo. Thank the maker you are alive!" Threepio exclaimed.

Tag: Han, Artoo, anyone else in the house

[b]IC: Quinlan Vos[/b]

Quinlan's eyes darted around, rapidly taking in his surroundings. He kept one eye on Vader the whole time. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched as Siri slowly made her way over to where Quinlan was standing. Vader had calmly exited the speeder and stood several meters in front of the jedi. His saber was unlit and he made no move to attack. Still, Quinlan's remained in fight mode.

[i]?Quite an aggressive stance for a Jedi to take, especially when I just wished to discuss the Nebulans with you.?[/i]

Quinlan could sense the man's lies in his voice. He didn't need the force. Oh sure, from a certain point of view he wanted to "discuss" things. Vader's idea of discussion however tended to include being impaled by a lightsaber. Quinlan intended to avoid that part of the discussion. Dying by Vader's blade once was enough for him. Even if this was a different Vader.

As if reading his mind, Siri retorted [i]No Jedi would make the mistake of trusting you, Vader. So I guess you?ll have to pardon the mistrust in our part?.[/i]

Before he could reply, Galen said [i]?The Jedi aren?t your concern Vader. I think we all know that by some anomaly. That we have all been deposited from different times. So wouldn?t the Emperor be more pleased, by that same occurrence that killing me would effectively erase the Rebellion??[/i]

Quinlan did not have the time to tell the boy how wrong he was. If he died here, it would not affect the Rebellion. But his eyes remained on Vader as Siri crept closer. He realized that she was unarmed. Though one was never unarmed with the force as their companion, Siri was more vulnerable than normal. He took a step forward, relaxing his stance and lowering his saber- but not extinguishing it.

In the force, he felt Galen attempt to communicate with him.

[i]Don?t say a word. Just Go. I can handle him[/i]

Quinlan sent back one word [i]No[/i]

He would not leave another jedi behind. He had already lost Tholme. He'd nearly lost Siri. He would not let Galen risk his life against Vader. Three on one were far better odds.

"What is it you would like to know Vader?" Quinlan asked nonchalantly.

[b]Tag: Vader, Marek, Siri, anyone else[/b]

12. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

The female Jedi stepped out of the vehicle after I set my feet on the sand. ?No Jedi would make the mistake of trusting you, Vader. So I guess you?ll have to pardon the mistrust in our part?

I did not expect her to believe me, especially since I was not being entirely truthful. I did want to learn about these Nebulans, but I only needed one of the Jedi to be alive in order to gain this information. It had already been established that Starkiller knew nothing about them, so one of the other two was going to get the privilege of being my guest and remaining amongst the living, at least for a time.

She continued moving toward her companions as she spoke. I ignored her for now; let her think she was escaping my net. She would not get far.

Starkiller stepped forward at this point, in what he must have thought was a dramatic, properly Jedi-like pose, hands on his hips. He turned his head toward the other Jedi, and I knew instantly that he would make some grand, self-sacrificing gesture. These Jedi types are so predictable.

?The Jedi aren?t your concern Vader. I think we all know that by some anomaly, that we have all been deposited from different times. So wouldn?t the Emperor be more pleased, by that same occurrence that killing me would effectively erase the Rebellion??

?You should not presume to tell me what is or is not my concern.? I pointed a single finger of my mechanical hand at him. ?If indeed we are out of our proper time stream, I can see no reason why killing you would make any difference to the flow of events in the galaxy itself. Not that such would reflect on any decision to destroy you.? A pause. ?If I wished to.?

The Jedi seemed to be communicating with each other through the Force, but what did it matter? None of them were a match for me, whether together or separately.

"What is it you would like to know Vader?" the other male Jedi asked as he came forward.

?It is nice to have a Jedi inject some civility back into the conversation. I just wish to know more about the Nebulans.? Was this Jedi volunteering to be the one to die? The female was without a weapon, and so could not put up as much of a fight, but perhaps that was a reason to keep her alive. After all, I would still have to deal with her two armed protectors, so why not just kill both of the male Jedi now and be done with it? ?My saber is unlit. Why aren?t yours??

TAG: Vos, Galen, Siri

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Quinlan Vos

"My saber is unlit. Why aren?t yours?"

"Because the last time we let our guard down, you betrayed and murdered us." He raised his left hand and held out two fingers, "Twice."

Returning his left hand back to his saber, he continued, "You'll understand if I'm hesitant to lower my guard again. Especially since your Master so recently murdered mine."

Quinlan kept an eye on Siri, making sure she was far enough away from Vader before continuing.

"The Nebulans are beings unaffected by our abilities. The force does not phase them. Aboard the Executor, we were all pawns. Master Yoda was murdered. Your master Palpatine was murdered. Esteemed jedi and sith from all over the timestream were all felled by these creatures." He ticked off several names "Darth Bane, Darth Zannah, Master Windu, Count Dooku, Duron Qel-Droma, Master C'boath, Exar Kun." Making his point, he stopped.

"Running was useless. We attempted to flee to ships and escape. We found ourselves transported into an arena and watched as one by one we were murdered. By you."

Grinning, Quinlan added "Of course, in the end you were murdered by Obi-Wan. And then he was marooned on this desert. He's out there somewhere."

Tag: Vader, Siri, Galen, Binks

14. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

?You should not presume to tell me what is or is not my concern.? I pointed a single finger of my mechanical hand at him. ?If indeed we are out of our proper time stream, I can see no reason why killing you would make any difference to the flow of events in the galaxy itself. Not that such would reflect on any decision to destroy you.? A pause. ?If I wished to.?

Yet it was an empty threat. "You failed to destroy me three times. I do not see how trying this time would be any different,"the next part simply mirrored his former master's statement. "If you wished to."

?It is nice to have a Jedi inject some civility back into the conversation. I just wish to know more about the Nebulans.?

Galen was starting to get annoyed, yet he kept his anger in check. Couldn't they see it was a ploy. He was luring them to a trap, and the Dark Lord was not interested in hearing about the Nebulans.

He was only interested in seeing his trap be accomplished.

"The Nebulans are beings unaffected by our abilities. The force does not phase them. Aboard the Executor, we were all pawns. Master Yoda was murdered. Your master Palpatine was murdered. Esteemed jedi and sith from all over the timestream were all felled by these creatures." He ticked off several names "Darth Bane, Darth Zannah, Master Windu, Count Dooku, Duron Qel-Droma, Master C'boath, Exar Kun." Making his point, he stopped.

"Running was useless. We attempted to flee to ships and escape. We found ourselves transported into an arena and watched as one by one we were murdered. By you."

"Of course, in the end you were murdered by Obi-Wan. And then he was marooned on this desert. He's out there somewhere."

Galen turned around to listen. He himself was interested, but he highly doubted Vader was.

TAG: Vader, Vos, Siri, Binks

15. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Siri Tachi

Siri watched carefully as Quinlan and the other man confronted Vader. She cringed when Quinlan revealed to Vader that he had been the murderer of all of them last time around with the Nebulans. "So much for that", she thought to herself. "Not like he didnt have the idea to kill us already anyway", she told herself.

Siri was intrigued by the 'new' man though. He appared to be a Jedi, but not exactly. He did attempt to comunicate with her thru the Force, ?Don?t say a word. Just Go. I can handle him.? Taken back, she wondered who the heck he thought he was to not only tell her what to do, but also think himself capable of dealing with Vader on his own. She didnt have to answer though, when she sensed Quinlan's reply to be that of hers No. Siri coveyed to the Jedi thru the Force, "This isnt the time for heroics, i wont leave anyoone behind".

As Quinlan explained the situation to Vader, she stopped in her tracks. It was unnerving not to see Vader's face, but thru the Force she could feel his apparent calmness. "He feels in control", she thought to herself, "That's not good at all". And she had no lightsaber. "Nice situation you find yourself in, Tachi", she mumbled.

Siri's eyes once again drifted towards the new guy. "I wonder what his story is", she thought. She hoped she would get the chance to find out later on.

TAG: Vader, Quinlan, Garen, Jar Jar

Wicket

Wicket had managed to get out of the house and find an abandoned speeder nearby, but he didnt leave. He couldnt just abandon Logray alone with those strange people even if they appeared to be friedly for now, so he quietly doubled back.

It was dark already, so that would help him in his quest. Tiptoeing around the house, he managed to make his way quietly towards the front. There was movement, but not much. He noticed the golden droid entering the house with the smaller droid, and that's when he saw him. [Pssst Logray... over here!], he shouted quietly before his friend went inside aswell.

TAG: Logray

16. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: But he?s innocent! Poor Qui-Gon simply has NO idea how many movies followed after his death :p

IC: Qui-Gon Jinn
    ~Jabba?s stronghold~

It was sad, so sad, what Ben told him. Even prepared by the shorter versions he had already heard, the story got to Qui-Gon. Because this time the feelings of the man beside him bled through. The loneliness he had felt after Qui-Gon?s own dead, something that cut right into Qui-Gon. The horror about fighting in a war and loosing so many friends. And the heartache when he saw what his apprentice, Anakin, had become.

?Near a lava bank I bested him? I cut off his legs and arm, and found myself unable to give the killing blow.? Looking at Qui-Gon, Ben added, ?I probably should have ended it then, but? I couldn?t??

How well Qui-Gon could understand that. He could only shake his head in a mute support for Ben?s choice, because no, he didn?t think Ben should have ended it. No matter what happened after, he didn?t want to think what that might have done to Ben?s soul.

Qui-Gon loved his fellow Jedis, but truth be told, he also often found them too harsh in their decisions, too focused on the big picture to still see the individuals around them, those very same individuals they had all sworn to protect. No, he could only be glad for the compassion in Obi-Wan that had stayed his hand.

He was also glad to hear more about the young woman in the great hall, Leia Organa, who was so fiercely protective of her children.

?After all of this, I was broken,? Ben said. ?I felt guilty, a total failure. I couldn?t help but feel you would have done things right, I felt I failed not only Anakin, but you as well??. Letting out a faint smile, he added, ??and that?s when you showed up to help me?.

Qui-Gon stared at him, too surprised to say something. He showed up to help? Years and years after his death? What was Ben taking about?

?You came back from the Force,? Ben continued, ?And not only helped me move away from my felt pity, but you also helped Master Yoda and myself find the path to immortality. I don?t know how you did it, but thanks to you, I?m capable of staying on beyond my death.?

?I did?? Qui-Gon asked, stupefied. And then, with a broad grin, ?It worked? It must be what I?ve learned from the Will?.?

Lifting his eyebrow, Ben pointed at him. ?So you see, that?s why I can?t accept the offer of being your Master.?

?Just because I managed to stay on after my death?? Qui-Gon snorted. ?I?m not asking you for anything profound here, just for saber lessons. I?m going to find a way to fight those Sith still out there.? He felt a vague unease about the Sith buried beneath them, but when he cast out through the Force, he didn?t feel anything.

He swiveled his chair, so he sat facing Ben and leaned forward, elbows on his knees. ?Ben, I?m serious about that. We don?t know if we?ll ever get out of here or have to build a life for ourselves in this place. I think, while we mustn?t give up trying to find a way out, we had better prepare for the latter. We?ve already taken the first step by taking over this stronghold and I think we should continue this way. Part of it is being ready to defeat the evil these Nebulas send to us, being it the Sith that will kill me or something else.?

He sat up straight again and pointed his finger at Ben. ?And no more nonsense about you having failed. As you said, the ultimate choice was Anakin?s. Like the ultimate choice was Dooku?s as well and not something Yoda did. This time we are warned and that might make all the difference. But if it doesn?t?.? He put his hand on Ben?s arm. ?Ultimately it will be Anakin?s choice ? again. We can only guide him as well as possible. There is never failure in that.?

TAG: Ben, Batman if he wants to butt in or take over the watch

[b]IC: Mission Vao[/b]
    ~House in Mos Eisley~

[i]?You?re right,?[/i] Deena said to her, [i]?I?ll help out as well.?[/i]

Mission gave the woman a smile of gratitude a

17. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

Starkiller said, "You failed to destroy me three times. I do not see how trying this time would be any different. If you wished to."

?You mistake disinterest for inability. I had more important priorities than you, as is always the case, but when I wished to destroy you, you went down quite handily.? The memory of Starkiller?s body racked with lightning was a pleasant enough diversion ?Or perhaps you did not realize that you were a ghost.?

In answer to my taunt about why the sabers were ignited, the male Jedi said, "Because the last time we let our guard down, you betrayed and murdered us." His fingers came up as he finished, "Twice."

?It would be quite a good trick if I could kill a Jedi twice.? I was being afforded that very opportunity now. Perhaps I owed these Nebulans a thank you gift. A saber in the stomach should suffice.

His hand went back to his weapon as he said, "You'll understand if I'm hesitant to lower my guard again. Especially since your Master so recently murdered mine." The darkness in my mind pulsed, tinged with red. Sidious had neglected to mention, during our communication, that he had killed a Jedi. And he lectured me about obsessing over the Jedi? He could share in my gift to the Nebulans.

I noticed that the Jedi was trying to maintain contact with the female. How noble, protecting an unarmed companion. "The Nebulans are beings unaffected by our abilities. The force does not phase them. Aboard the Executor, we were all pawns. Master Yoda was murdered. Your master Palpatine was murdered. Esteemed jedi and sith from all over the timestream were all felled by these creatures. Darth Bane, Darth Zannah, Master Windu, Count Dooku, Duron Qel-Droma, Master C'boath, Exar Kun."

A fine roster of Dark Side users. ?I look forward to testing these beings myself.? I would see just how tough they were. If they existed, of course.

He continued. "Running was useless. We attempted to flee to ships and escape. We found ourselves transported into an arena and watched as one by one we were murdered. By you."

So I might get to kill the Jedi three times? Pity that I had no memory of the second, because it had never really happened, of course. Just more Jedi lies meant to catch me off guard.

?Of course, in the end you were murdered by Obi-Wan. And then he was marooned on this desert. He's out there somewhere."

I ignored the stark impossibility of the first part of his statement to focus on the second. ?I have already met Kenobi. He had not aged well.? His own end was coming soon, at the point of my sword. ?What else do you know about these Nebulans??

TAG: Siri, Vos, Galen

18. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

Once again, Vader told lies, if only to catch him off guard. He, instead of listening to his former Master's rant, was more keen on looking to the Force, for answers.

It was something he was not particulary used to. But Vader trying to muddle his vision, and the story of Nebulans being..."questionable" at best, it seemed to be the best option.

He now no longered bothered to talk. He did not even know why the Jedi were trying. His "interest" was simply a way to lure them in.

He now simply waited for Vader to make a move.

TAG: Vader, Siri, Vos, Jar Jar

19. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Siri Tachi

Siri tried to keep herself focused and open to the Force, while trying to ignore Vader's taunts. But no matter how hard she tried, she couldnt ignore all he was saying ?I have already met Kenobi. He had not aged well.?Stepping towards the sith, Siri couldnt hide her annoyance, "He's aged better than you have, at least he has all of his limbs intact!", she spat out. Letting out a smile, Siri added "But it's typical of you to underestimate him isnt it? he bested you in Mustafar and he did it once again in the Death Star... didnt you ever wonder what happened in the Deth Star?".

Her outburst was probably uncalled for, but she had just about had enough of Vader. Thru the Force, she urged Quinlan, "This talk is useless, we need to leave now... tell him nothing more of the Nebulans".

Keeping her eyes fixed on Vader, Siri attempted to once again move as further away from him as she could.

TAG: Quinlan, Vader, Galen, Jar Jar

IC: Ben Kenobi

It seemed Qui-Gon was as surprised as he was at first when he fould out about his Master's newfound ability, ?I did? It worked? It must be what I?ve learned from the Will...?Letting out a smile, Ben nodded. But his Master wasnt done yet. ?I?m not asking you for anything profound here, just for saber lessons. I?m going to find a way to fight those Sith still out there.? Letting out chuckle, Ben put on his most innocent face, "But you're asking me for lightsaber lessons? i'm a broken up old man!"

But at that moment, Qui-Gon got serious ?Ben, I?m serious about that. We don?t know if we?ll ever get out of here or have to build a life for ourselves in this place. I think, while we mustn?t give up trying to find a way out, we had better prepare for the latter. We?ve already taken the first step by taking over this stronghold and I think we should continue this way. Part of it is being ready to defeat the evil these Nebulas send to us, being it the Sith that will kill me or something else.?Letting out a deep sigh, he nodded "Indeed, i know for a fact we cant fight the Nebulans if they're behind this again. We need to focus on surviving, which might get complicated with Sidious and Vader walking around." Looking straight into his master's eyes, Ben spoke softly, "And make no mistake, Vader will come after me again.... you see, he... back in my time i found my death in his blade". Letting out a sigh, Ben continued, "It had to be that way, i had Luke with me and i had to make sure he got out all right... but i was told i came back and he was able to see me... something i didnt have the luxury with you by the way, i could only hear your voice!". Shaking his head, he adopted a false annoyed tone, "I was labeled a crazy old man because i'd be seen talking into thin air, thanks a lot Master", he added lifting an eyebrow.

But his Master wasnt done yet,?And no more nonsense about you having failed. As you said, the ultimate choice was Anakin?s. Like the ultimate choice was Dooku?s as well and not something Yoda did. This time we are warned and that might make all the difference. But if it doesn?t. Ultimately it will be Anakin?s choice ? again. We can only guide him as well as possible. There is never failure in that,? Nodding, Ben agreed, "I know... i released those emotions years ago... my choices were tough to make, but i've received the satisfaction of knowing things worked out in the end, as they should have".

Right at that moment, the Force rushed at him like hurricane wind, bringing him a familiar presence. Looking at Qui-Gon, his eyes lit up and he smiled, "Tholme!", he exclaimed. "I'm coming, my friend", he told the other jedi thru the Force. Getting up, he pulled out his comlink, "Batman, can you come to the comm center?". Realizing he would probably have to fight Qui-Gon on this, Ben pleaded, "I have to go get him, he's out there alone..."

TAG: Qui-Gon, Tholme, Batman

20. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Only time for a short post, sorry. Have fun while I?m away and again, drag Qui-Gon, Mission and Zaalbar along as you see fit. Since it?s night right now sleep is also a possibility. Qui-Gon did cut that healing trance a tad short and I at least leave Mission sleeping.

See y?all in two weeks!

[b]IC: Qui-Gon Jinn[/b]
    ~Jabba?s stronghold~

Qui-Gon frowned at Ben as he stood as well. He didn?t sense anything about Tholme. ?We felt him die, Ben,? he cautioned. ?What make you think he?s alive again? Did he? has he been brought back by those Nebulans? And as for you rushing off to him, I thought we talked about that. Master Dooku is still out there, and so is Quinlan Vos. Can?t they reach him sooner? Maybe you should contact them.?

It wasn?t only that, Obi-Wan talking about Vader still wanting him dead had unnerved Qui-Gon. Vader was still out there, and if he was after Ben in particular, Qui-Gon didn?t think Ben should go and present himself as a target.

?Let?s first reach Quinlan or Dooku,? he urged.

[b]TAG: Ben, Batman[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Mission Vao and Zaalbar[/b]
    ~House in MOs Eisley~

Her gentle shaking didn?t wake up Boba, but Mission thought she saw him calm down. She sat beside him and sighed, suddenly feeling exhausted.

Her head started to droop. She fought to stay awake, see if Boba really was all right, but it was hard.

Someone put a blanket over her and suddenly she felt strong arms around her, lifting her up.

?Big Z?? she mumbled, a part of her mortified of being cradled like a baby, a bigger part simply beyond caring.

[Go sleep, Mission. You can eat something later.]

*Typical Big Z* , she thought as she felt herself being placed in a huge comfy chair, where she could curl up just right. *Always has to think about food.*

Sleep took her.

[b]TAG: everyone in the house[/b]

21. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

The female Jedi came forward and said, in response to my words about Kenobi, "He's aged better than you have, at least he has all of his limbs intact! Finally, the meek little Jedi had shown that she had some teeth after all! It was wonderful, the rage seething beneath the surface. I could work with that. ?But it's typical of you to underestimate him isnt it? he bested you in Mustafar and he did it once again in the Death Star... didnt you ever wonder what happened in the Deth Star?"

She then began moving away from me again.

?If you have something to say, little one, come forward and say it. I thought Jedi were supposed to be bold, honest, and forthright, unafraid of confrontation. Would you now slink away without giving me a chance to respond? What wonderfully Sith-like behavior.?

22. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: no worries Seremela, we'll try to keep ur characters alive ;) [face_laugh]

IC: Siri Tachi

With each passing moment, Siri felt the urge to get as far away from Vader as she could even more. His mechanic voice echoed in her mind everytime he spoke, ?If you have something to say, little one, come forward and say it. I thought Jedi were supposed to be bold, honest, and forthright, unafraid of confrontation. Would you now slink away without giving me a chance to respond? What wonderfully Sith-like behavior.?Letting out a chuckle, Siri looked Vader straight on as she spoke, "It must be killing you to find out how he did it... how he bested you once again ... and it doesnt matter how you twist it, know that's exactly what he did... the all mighty powerful Vader fell short to his old Master once more". Pausing to savior the moment, she moved closer towards Vader, "He didnt die, not really... he found a way to live beyond death... and neither you or your Master will ever be capable of it". Lifting her chin in defiance, Siri continued, "You knew me when you were a padawan, i dont shy away from anything, but i'm not stupid enough to trust trecherous jedi who turn to the darkside, and that's all you are". Taking a deep breath, she added, "Ferus was right about you... i only wish i would have taken a closer look then and seen you for what you really are... and you have nothing to say that i want to listen to".

Taking a few deep breaths to center herself, Siri couldnt help the feeling that she had gone too far. She should know better than to play Vader's game. Should she have told him about Ben?. "You got your answers about the nebulans, now it's time we go our separate ways", she stated as she willed herself to speak. She really needed to get away from there.

TAG: Quinlan, Vader, Galen, Jar, Jar

23. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

Confusion littered the apprentices thoughts as he heard the diatribes between the blonde Jedi and his former Master. Did she say knew him as...

'A Padawan?' And that was just one of the many things he found hard to swallow. His supposed duel with Obi-Wan (was Obi-Wan his master?), on Mustafar and on the Death Star (when did this happen?)...his master never told him any of these.

Not surprising. Vader barely had scant conversation with the boy, and would certainly not tell him things like these.

Yet it still surprised him. He kept it hidden from Vader, as he looked over briefly at the blonde Jedi.

'Just how much does she know?' He thought, hiding that from those present.

TAG: Vader. Siri, Quinlan, Jar Jar

24. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

The female Jedi chuckled as she looked at me. "It must be killing you to find out how he did it... how he bested you once again ... and it doesnt matter how you twist it, know that's exactly what he did... the all mighty powerful Vader fell short to his old Master once more" She moved closer to me, almost within reach,

"He didnt die, not really... he found a way to live beyond death... and neither you or your Master will ever be capable of it" As her words continued, the darkness rose, ever faster, shot through with red, like a precious metal threaded through a rock. "You knew me when you were a padawan, i dont shy away from anything, but i'm not stupid enough to trust trecherous jedi who turn to the darkside, and that's all you are"

The darkness was aching to be released. She was talking about him, and that was unacceptable, as he was dead and buried, never to be resurrected in any way, shape, or form, especially not by a filthy Jedi.. "Ferus was right about you... i only wish i would have taken a closer look then and seen you for what you really are... and you have nothing to say that i want to listen to"

If she said anything else, I barely heard it. The blood was rushing to my head by this point; the dragon needed to be fed. It could wait no longer. With the Force augmenting my abilities, I moved like lightning.

?NEVER. . .? I sent a blast of Dark Side power into the sand at the female and the male Jedi?s feet, which should have the same affect as an explosive device detonating directly beneath them. ?MENTION . . .? My saber leapt into my hand as I then stepped toward my former apprentice. ?SKYWALKER . . .? I swung the sword at Starkiller?s neck. ?AGAIN!?

25. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

The blonde Jedi, it seemed, was delving into dangerous waters, relaying personal information about his master (but why did it seem to vex him so? He would have to ask her what she knew about him.)

He could feel the anger of his former master swelling, ready to overflow, like a tide against a dam ready to splinter.

"It must be killing you to find out how he did it... how he bested you once again ... and it doesnt matter how you twist it, know that's exactly what he did... the all mighty powerful Vader fell short to his old Master once more" She moved closer to him, almost within reach.

Galen wanted to reach out to her, to have her stop the tirade and retreat, but he remained in place. Because he himself was curious about his Master's former life, although he could draw no connection.

The talk between himself and Vader was simply mocking chatter. Almost to pass time. But this was different...

"He didnt die, not really... he found a way to live beyond death... and neither you or your Master will ever be capable of it" As her words continued, the darkness rose, ever faster, shot through with red, like a precious metal threaded through a rock. "You knew me when you were a padawan, i dont shy away from anything, but i'm not stupid enough to trust trecherous jedi who turn to the darkside, and that's all you are"

"Ferus was right about you... i only wish i would have taken a closer look then and seen you for what you really are... and you have nothing to say that i want to listen to"

That did it, as the pent-up anger his former master was now just waiting to be released, he himself no stranger to using emotions for greater power.

But even he couldn?t predict Vader?s reaction, his rage unleashed like a storm as he attacked.

?NEVER. . .? He sent a blast of Dark Side power into the sand at the female and the male Jedi?s feet, which should have the same affect as an explosive device detonating directly beneath them. ?MENTION . . .? My saber leapt into my hand as he then stepped toward Galen. ?SKYWALKER . . .? He swung the sword at Galen?s neck. ?AGAIN!?

Yet he was able to predict the danger, and with a *snap-hiss* blue met crimson, and it was once again master versus apprentice.
    Yet this was different. Battles were not just determined on who was better, but also different factors that only the Force knew and had control over. He himself was still recovering from the lightning the Emperor sent his way on that space station.

That, and one?s sudden departure and reemergence in the Force was something no one recovered from over night.

And thus, his defense was sloppy, and the blade was jarred from his hands, the force of Vader?s blow hurtling it several feet away, landing and deactivating harmlessly.

Galen quickly moved before Vader could attack again, rolling and picking up his blade mid-stride, putting a substantial amount of distance between himself and the Dark Lord.

Finally upright, he stood, blue blade now held in the reverse grip of Shien as he waited for his next move.

TAG: Vader, Siri, Vos, Jar Jar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.