main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [AU Tatooine] The Desert That Shall Not Be Named

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Coruscant, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Quinlan Vos

Quinlan watched Siri and Vader closely as they exchanged words. Siri's hotheadness seemed to be getting her in the usual amount of trouble. Sighing, he wish Obi-Wan were near to help calm her down. Of course, that would likely further have aggravated Vader. Instead, he kept his hands gripped firmly around his lightsaber, inching closer to Siri as she in turn inched closer to him.

Quinlan was about to say something when he felt a presence suddenly glowing in the force. He faltered.

Tholme! he thought. He could feel his familiar bond with his master return. Feeling foolish, he realized that his Master must have been using his old force trick of playing dead. It had worked.

Siri was saying something, but Quinlan didn't hear her. He was still dealing with this new development. He wanted to grab her and jump on the speeder and race back to the homestead. But a warning in the force automatically had Quinlan throwing up defenses.

?NEVER. . .MENTION . . .SKYWALKER . . .AGAIN!?

It was all Quinlan could do to avoid being knocked over. He crouched into a defensive stance and shieled himself as best he could with the force. It was as though a powerful hurricane had come against him. He barely managed to stand up. And that at once, the sensation was over. Vader was now locked in a battle with Galen.

Quinlan moved over toward Siri, stumbling at first from the after effects of Vader's rage.

Tag: Siri, Vader, Galen

2. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Siri Tachi

Siri was usually ready for anything, with things realy catching her off guard. However, it seemed this time she was in over her head. She felt Vader's anger slowly rise, but what happened after she was done speaking was something she wasnt ready for at all, ?NEVER. . .? She felt as if the ground exploded from under her, ?MENTION . . .? she barely heard his words as she was thrown forward towards Vader ?SKYWALKER . . .?, all she saw was a red lightsaber ignited as she felt herself fall, ?AGAIN!?, she landed hard and felt the air knocked out of her. She tried in vain to catch her breath, but the flowing sand all around her penetrated her lungs. She tried to cough, but she couldnt.

Slowly, she felt herself fade away, as everything around her went black.

TAG: Vader, Quinlan, Garen, Jar Jar

3. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Yoda- Force Ghost:

There was little to no sign of his presence on this plane of existence, though those who were particularly sensitive to the currents of the Light Side might have noticed a slight breeze blowing in a direction counter to the others. Otherwise, the presence made itself known only to one person. ?Mind on the present must you have,? the voice said to Vos. ?Chance to save her possible still.?

TAG: Vos

[hl=black][color=white]IC Darth Vader:[/color][/hl]

Starkiller blocked my killing blow, though I did manage to knock his saber out of his grasp. Unfortunately, he bounded out of reach before I could finish him off. Fortunately, the female Jedi now lay at my feet. My use of the Force must not only have sent her flying in my direction, but knocked her unconscious as well.

Neither the male Jedi nor Starkiller were close enough to stop me now. I brought my saber down at a shallow angle. Perhaps when the others saw this Jedi?s head separate from her body, they would think twice about challenging my authority. Doubtful. Jedi never learn anything, and must be shown their folly over and over again.

[b]TAG: Siri, Vos, Galen[/b]

[hr]

[color=coral]IC Jar Jar Binks:[/color]

As soon as the young human who had given him a ride turned his back, Jar Jar had begun collecting his missiles. Within minutes, he was prepared, but he still had hope that he would not have to use these weapons. Such was not to be. The Gungan saw the Jedi getting in over their heads as Vader prepared to snuff ones life. That could not be allowed to happen.

Jar Jar had collected several hefty, almost-perfectly-spherical rocks and laid them out in a row. Now, seeing that things were not going well for the side of righteousness, he threw four of them in rapid succession at the black-clad backside of this hated representative of the Empire, then promptly ducked back behind a boulder.

It was probably the last act he would ever perform, but he did what he must, and it certainly felt good.

[b]TAG: Vos, Galen, Vader[/b]

[hr]

[hl=black][color=white]IC Darth Vader:[/color][/hl]

Something rushing toward me from behind. [i]What?[/I] I arrested my progress, and just had time to realize I was sensing not one thing but several discrete objects when the first object came close enough to nearly spang off my helmet as I instinctively turned my body to face the attack. I was able to deflect all of the projectiles, however (which turned out to be nothing but rocks), through the power of the Force.

Who was behind this? It couldn?t be the Jedi or Starkiller, as they were otherwise indisposed. The female certainly was not capable of such a feat while unconscious. Who would dare to defy me? Had a Jedi managed to hide his or her Force sense as he or she came up behind me? But if so, why go to the trouble of attacking me with rocks and not a lightsaber?

It couldn't be! Could it? Was it . . . a [i]Gungan?[/i] Was it . . . [i]him?[/i] [i]Here?[/i]

All of this flashed through my mind within seconds, followed almost immediately, if not simultaneously, by the realization of my own stupidity. My anger had been so focused that I fell for one of the oldest distractions in the galaxy. I needed to return my attention to my original prey, immediately.

[b]TAG: Vos, Galen, Siri[/b]

4. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek

Galen waited for Darth Vader's offensive, ready this time...

...but the offensive never came. Vos was seemingly staggering, and the blonde Jedi was knocked unconcious. Vader whirled on the female...

A warning in the Force reached him, and he now knew what Vader was going to do, now noticing that he was too far back to prevent it.

hHe would not let Vader claim another Jedi. Not if he had something to say about it.

Raising his lightsaber, he charged at his former master, the Force amplifying his movements. It would only take seconds for him to reach her...

..yet he did not have that much time.

Another warning, and this time he paused in his tracks. Vader did as well, looking torwards...

'The Gungan?' Yet he was soon broken from his train of thought, as a single boulder glanced Vader on the side of the helmet. The impact of the previous blow had the rock hurtling torwards his head in an unexpected trajectory. Prepared, he sliced the rock in two, the two halves falling harmlessly to the floor.

More came. This time, Vader was not caught off guard, simply deflecting them with the power of the Force.

Galen wondered how the Gungan could've concocted something so quickly. He must've been preparing it ever since he left him be.

'He's smarter than he looks,' Yet although he now made a note not to underestimate him, he had probably only earned Vader's wrath with that maneuver.

Yet Vader ignored him, continuing torwards his target, the unconcious Jedi.

Galen, however, also had surprises. Less subtle. Gathering the Force in his hands, he unleashed a titanic wave of energy , with the impact of a detanator. The sand whirled up like a sandstrom from the sheer force of it.

Yes, Vader would be in for a big surprise.

TAG: Vader, Siri, Vos, Jar Jar

5. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Tholme
    Hovering between life and death

Tholme could feel himself weakening. He did not have much longer before his body shut down. And yet, he was oddly calm. Through the murkiness, he could feel Ben's recognition of Tholme's presence. His friend sent reassuring thoughts and seemed to say I'm coming.

Elsewhere, he could feel his former apprentice in turmoil. He could sense the danger surrounding Quinlan. He could sense the man's fear. But it wasn't fear for himself. It was fear for a friend. Tholme attempted to widen his perception. He could feel it now. Siri was in danger from Vader. The sith lord's presence was staggering. Even in the murky depths of his mind, Tholme could feel Vader radiating anger and hate in powerful waves. It made him feel ill. He once more attempted to will his body to wake up and once more despaired in the realization that he was trapped.

He attempted to communicate with his former apprentice.

Quinlan he thought.

"Master?" a voice replied.

Tholme spun around to see a young boy no older than sixteen years old. He wore the traditional jedi padawan robes and his hair was cut short in an appropriate style for the apprentice. It was then that Tholme realized he was looking at Quinlan Vos. Just not the one he was trying to communicate with. Tholme was unsure what to do.

"Quinlan?" he asked.

"Yes master. Where are we?" the boy asked. He attempted to remain calm, but Tholme could sense the boy was confused and afraid.

Tholme realized he had to be strong for this young man. Taking a deep, calming breath, he opened his eyes and turned to look at the younger Vos. He instantly slipped back into the role of Master and said.

"I'm not sure. But we must find an exit. Come"

[b]IC: Quinlan Vos[/b]
    [i]Confronting Vader[/i]

Quinlan was paralyzed in shock. Tholme's sudden appearance in the force seemed to fade. He was in trouble. But, Quinlan realized, so we he. He watched helplessly as Siri fell to the ground, unconscious. He was too far away to reach her in time. Now, he stood, saber in an offensive stance, ready to attack Vader.

Vader however was distracted by Senator Binks and Marek. Instantly Vos regretted letting the pair follow him. They were both going to die for their brash actions. And so too was Siri and then he would follow. In the force, a voice admonished him for these thoughts.

[i]Mind on the present must you have[/i] Yoda said. [i]Chance to save her possible still.[/i]

He took several breaths to calm himself and pushed away his concern for Siri, Galen and his Master. Instead, he focused on the moment and how to stop Vader. Stretching out with the force, he calmed the sandstorm Galen sent towards the sith lord.
    Vos waited for the sith lord to turn his attention toward him. He knew that in sheer terms of power, he was outmatched. And he wasn't sure killing Vader was the correct course of action. Instead, he attempted to resume his dialogue with the sith lord.

"Vader! If you kill us, you will never what you need about the Nebulans. I have a proposal for you."

It was a risky move, but the force told him it was right. He deactivated his saber and spread his hands.

"Come with us to find Obi-Wan. He will hold the answers you seek. And if our suspicions are correct, he will lead us to the source of all this."

Quinlan was silent. His heart was raising as he waited for the sith lord's answer. In the force he felt a voice call out to him.

[i]Quinlan[/i] Tholme called.

[i]I'm here Master[/i] Quinlan replied, [i]I'll find you[/i]

[b]Tag: Vader, Siri, Galen, Jar Jar[/b]

6. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

Galen waited for the result of his Force Push. But the aftereffcts never came. How could it be quelled so quickly? Vader had no notion of his attack, so it was highly unlikely.

'Unless...' he looked torwards Quinlan. He was the only culprit that made sense, seeing as the other Jedi was unconcious. And the Gungan had no Force abilities. Not that he knew of.

'What is he thinking?!' he glared at Quinlan at this new act, as the Jedi now turned torwards him, as he tried to talk to his former master (again?!).

'Vader's not going to listen to their story!' He hardly believed it himself. The Jedi Master probably saw his (and the Gungan's, for that matter, as he seemed to be the only one who besides him who wasn't aloof and nebulous, cocky, or bloodthirsty) as wreckless.

When he and the other Jedi were digging their graves, thinking they could reason with Vader, or simply spite him. Probably thinking of the long term instead of the now.

A lot good that did the Jedi.

'No,' he calmed himself. He couldn't let his emotions get the best of him. Control him. Besides, now Quinaln spoke once again, Galen only shaking his head as he once again tried to reason with a Vader who was out to kill them in the first place.

"Vader! If you kill us, you will never what you need about the Nebulans. I have a proposal for you."

"Come with us to find Obi-Wan. He will hold the answers you seek. And if our suspicions are correct, he will lead us to the source of all this."

His lightsaber remained lit. 'Nebulans...' that seemed to be the calling card, the excuse, for each of their problems. They couldn't expect Vader to believe them.

And even so, there was no proof that these Nebulans were the source of their recent dilemna. It could be something else entrely. It could be a goosechase, for all they know.

Yet he stayed his hand. Vader was still to respond. Though he was sure it was not going to be to the Jedi's favor.

TAG: Vader, Quinlan, Siri, Jar Jar

7. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Ben Kenobi

As tough as it was, Ben knew Qui-Gon was right. ?What make you think he?s alive again? Did he... has he been brought back by those Nebulans? And as for you rushing off to him, I thought we talked about that. Master Dooku is still out there, and so is Quinlan Vos. Can?t they reach him sooner? Maybe you should contact them. Let?s first reach Quinlan or Dooku, ?Qui-Gon urged. Letting out a deep sigh, Ben conceded, "I know we felt him die and i dont know how he's back again, but i did feel him...", his voice trailed off. He remembered how the nebulans were able to impersonate them last time around, so indeed Qui-Gon had a very good point. He would have to make sure that it was indeed his friend who had returned, and not some copy of himself. And Ben knew just how he would do that.

"Ok, let's try it your way", Ben added while pulling out his comlink, "Quinlan come in", he spoke gravely. He wondered if Vos felt his old Master aswell and how he was holding up. But he didnt get a reply. Frowning he got the distinct feeling something was wrong, "Vos, do you read me?", he asked once again, unable to keep the concern from his voice. Looking at Qui-Gon, he spoke softly, "Something's not right".

TAG: Batman, Qui-Gon, Quinlan

8. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

As I was about to turn back toward my quarry, a humongous wave of sand came toward me, but dissipated before reaching me. Were Starkiller and the Jedi having disagreements about how to deal with little old me? They could sort those issues out once they were dead.

Obviously, the Jedi wished to gain my attention so that I would not immediately kill his female companion. How sweet, he desired to take her place. I could certainly accommodate him. The female had just been a target of opportunity. There was no sport in her death. Now, she could be the one that remained alive to answer my many questions.

I turned my attention to the man, taking several steps in his direction, lightsaber raised and ready for action. The tattooed Jedi spoke. "Vader! If you kill us, you will never what you need about the Nebulans. I have a proposal for you."

I stopped moving, but my saber did not waver. I would hear what he had to say. What could he possibly offer that would stay my hand? "Come with us to find Obi-Wan.? That would do it.

He was offering to take me to where the majority of the Jedi had hidden themselves away? Could he really be that stupid? Well, wasn?t that the very definition of the Jedi?

?He will hold the answers you seek. And if our suspicions are correct, he will lead us to the source of all this."

The source. This was my mission. This was more important than anything else. I could put off killing the Jedi (I could even work with them), if it meant gaining ultimate power. What were a bunch of piddling Jedi next to that?

?I accept. I will follow you in my speeder. Of course, I will be taking your friend,? I pointed at the female. ?With me. If you should try to trick me or otherwise try to lose sight of me before we get to Kenobi, she will suffer the consequences.?

Tag: Siri, Galen, Vos

9. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

He stood by as Darth Vader and Vos conversed, simply too tired from his last attack to attack. He would need a lot of rest for this weariness to leave him.

However he might not have that time, as Vos continued to waste time trying to reason with Vader.

Yet the surprise soon came in Vader's response.

?I accept. I will follow you in my speeder." However he soon pointed at the blonde. "Of course, I will be taking your friend. With me. If you should try to trick me or otherwise try to lose sight of me before we get to Kenobi, she will suffer the consequences.?

I could only shake my head. 'They can't possibly accept this.'

TAG: Vader, Vos, Siri, Jar Jar

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Quinlan Vos

Time seemed to stand still as Vos stood opposite Vader, waiting for the sith lord's response. Every muscle in Quinlan's body tensed, but his mind was calm. The force was sending a very clear message to him and he would listen to it- Even if he thought it was suicide.

Finally Vader's mechanically enhanced voice responded
    ?I accept. I will follow you in my speeder. Of course, I will be taking your friend with me. If you should try to trick me or otherwise try to lose sight of me before we get to Kenobi, she will suffer the consequences.?

"I propose a prisoner exchange. Myself for Jedi Tachi. If I lead you at all astray, you may kill us both anyway."

While Quinlan waited for the Sith Lord's response, he motioned Starkiller and Jar Jar forward. Dropping his voice to below a whisper he said

"Someone needs to warn the others of Vader's mission. He is a danger to everyone here. You two must do this for us. The force has guided my actions and I must trust its judgment. Representative Binks: Go to Jabba the Hutt's palace and use this commlink code," Quinlan forced a crumbled piece of flimsi into the gungan's hand."

He turned to Marek. "If you come it would be virtual suicide. You would serve everyone best if you were to go into town and warn the others. Palpatine's dark nature is at work here. They will doom all of us."

He turned back to Vader, awaiting the sith lord's response

Tag: Vader, Binks, Siri, Galen, PROXY

11. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

The tattooed Jedi responded to my demand to take the female with me by saying, "I propose a prisoner exchange. Myself for Jedi Tachi." Or, I could just take both of you. ?If I lead you at all astray, you may kill us both anyway." Don?t worry, I will be doing that soon enough.

If the Jedi offered, why not take him, and leave the girl? She had no lightsaber anymore, which of course made her poor sport, plus, there was no telling how long she would be unconscious. I needed to take somebody with me who could immediately be put to use.

When I finished thinking it over, the man was looking expectantly back at me. ?Very well, but if I sense anybody following us, our partnership will be over immediately. Do you understand?? I did not care whether he did or not, but I certainly wanted Starkiller to understand, as he could come nowhere near the power for which I was searching. He was too unpredictable, unlike his Jedi counterparts, for me to control. Only I must have access to the source.

I debated with myself briefly this next move, but, in the end, I decided there was no point in maintaining secrecy, as his usefulness had long since come to an end, except when it came to my amusement. Therefore, I pointed a single mechanical digit toward Starkiller. ?My apprentice has other tasks to perform.?

12. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

She had felt herself go, no matter how hard she tried to stay awake. Slowly though, Siri was once again becoming aware of herself and her surroundings. As she took a deep breath, she could feel sand inside her mouth. Unable to stop it, she found herself coughing.

It was then she became aware that she was on the ground. What happened?, she thought. Slowly, everything started coming back to her. Vader!, she remembered. Her eyes snapped wide open. Quickly she got up, only to find herself stumble. Using her arms for balance, she saw Quinlan and Vader talking. Why hasnt he killed us yet?, she wondered, but said nothing. Last time she spoke, she had enraged the sith, and she wasnt exactly ready for a second round... yet, she thought. Realizing the sith was more dangerous than she had even imagined, Siri became determined. "I cant let this thing near Ben or anyone else", she vowed to herself.

Looking directly at Vader, Siri managed to find her voice, "What's going on Quinlan?", she asked her friend. Whatever the jedi had said had apparently stopped Vader's frenzy, but Siri wondered how long that would last. He must have offered him something . Instinctively, she reached for her lightsaber, only to remember she didnt have one. Blas it! now that's inconvenient, she thought to herself, but i can manage. Steading her breath, she waited.

TAG: Vader, Quinlan, Jar Jar, Galen

13. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

"I propose a prisoner exchange. Myself for Jedi Tachi. If I lead you at all astray, you may kill us both anyway."

While Quinlan waited for Darth Vader to respond, he montioned him and the Gungan senator forward. He stole a glance at the figure in black, and then simply shrugged, walking torwards the Jedi Master with the Gungan senator following.

"Someone needs to warn the others of Vader's mission. He is a danger to everyone here. You two must do this for us. The force has guided my actions and I must trust its judgment. Representative Binks: Go to Jabba the Hutt's palace and use this commlink code,"

Quinlan forced a crumbled piece of flimsi into the gungan's hand. He then turned to him, Galen almost knowing what he was about to say.

"If you come it would be virtual suicide. You would serve everyone best if you were to go into town and warn the others. Palpatine's dark nature is at work here. They will doom all of us."

'Others in town?' Galen was confused here. The only ones he saw where those still in the homestead. He was going to respond, when Vader decided to now talk to him.

?Very well, but if I sense anybody following us, our partnership will be over immediately. Do you understand??

'Oh I understand clearly,' Vader obviously wanted him nowhere near whatever he was planning. But would the Jedi understand it soon enough?

Yet, somehow, he could soon see what Vader was about to say, as he pointed torwards him.

?My apprentice has other tasks to perform.?

Pushing past the Jedi, he soon stared at the emotionless mask of Vader, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm not your apprentice anymore, Vader. I have no tasks, especially not from you, or the Emperor."

He did not care if the Jedi heard. The truth had to be said soon enough. Yet he was not that.

He was not Starkiller. Not anymore.

TAG: Vader, Quinlan, Siri, Jar Jar

14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Tholme

The mist seemed to clear as they walked. Tholme began to recognize where he was. He nearly collapsed as he saw the grand halls of the Jed Temple come into view. What was this? Some type of vision.

"Master?" Young Quinlan asked, "Are you ok?"

"I'm..fine padawan." Tholme replied. He forced a smile and knelt down by the boy. "Are you alright?"

"I-I think so. But I can't remember what happened."

"What do you remember?" Tholme asked gently.

"We were in a cave with Master Plo and the others. I was with Obi-Wan."

Tholme remembered it well. This was during the conflict with Iaco Stark. It was where they had lost master Tyvokka. It was also the beginning of Quinlan's friendship with young Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"And then you found yourself with me?" Tholme asked.

The boy nodded.

"Alright then. Let us continue this journey."

Tholme and his young apprentice continued down the phantom halls of the Jedi Temple. Immediately Tholme knew things were not right. The halls were empty. Everything was too quiet. Something was nagging at the back of Tholme's mind.

Then he heard it. Blasterfire. Immediately Tholme reached for his lightsaber and saw Quinlan do the same.

"Stay behind me padawan" Tholme advised. He quickened his pace, to peer around a corner.

Standing just a few feet away, was Anakin Skywalker- No- Darth Vader and the members of the 501st clone squadron. Tholme watched in horror as Master Cin Drallig fell to Skywalker's blade.

[b]Quinlan Vos[/b]

The suns of Tatooine had both been set for several hours Quinlan realized. He hadn't noticed earlier due to the situation. But gradually the sky had darkened and now, he could only see through the aid of the force. The temperature was rapidly dropping and it would do no good for any of them to remain out here for long. Finally Vader spoke.

[i]"Very well, but if I sense anybody following us, our partnership will be over immediately. Do you understand?"[/i]

Quinlan nodded. "I think you've made it inescapably clear."

The Kiffu jedi could feel young Marek's frustration through the force as Vader said

[i]"My apprentice has other tasks to perform."[/i]

Again, Quinlan nodded. "I agree-"

At that point, the young man walked towards Vader

[i] "I'm not your apprentice anymore, Vader. I have no tasks, especially not from you, or the Emperor." [/i]

[b]"But you do have a task for me."[/b] Quinlan interrupted in the force.

He hated to order the younger man around, but the others in town had to be warned. There was more going on than Vader was revealing. Galen could discover this. Quinlan did not delude himself into believing he was hiding anything from Vader. The simple fact of the matter was that, at present, he had something Vader wanted. That was all that kept the four of them breathing.

Quinlan projected an image of the town of Mos Eisley toward the younger man, giving him a type of map to follow. Wordlessly he moved towards Siri. She had gotten to her feet and demanded to know what had happened.

"You and I are taking a trip with Vader to find Obi-Wan and learn more about our situation." He left it at that.

[b]Tag: Siri, Galen, Vader, Binks, PROXY[/b]

15. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006

"But you do have a task for me."

Galen was surprised by Quinlan's interruption. But he communicated with him.

'True.' He continued to stare at Vader's mask, knowing what it hid. A pathetic, hairless thing, whilst keeping that link with Vos active. 'But I don't where to look. Can you at least give me a hint?'

At that moment, somehow a town now appeared before, Vader long gone from his vision. It was one he did not remember passing by on his trek on the speeder.

'That helps,' his vision soon faded, now replaced once again by the emotionless visage in black. Once again he was in the the desert, which had now grown dark night, a fact he ignored due to the present circumstances.

Simply taking one more look at the man who 'raised' him, and stole his memory, as well as the tatooed Jedi, and the female, before simply uttering,

"Good luck." And with that he simply walked over to the speeder. Preparing to leave.

TAG: Quinlan, Siri, Vader, Jar Jar

16. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

When I told him that our partnership would be over if I sensed an unauthorized presence following us, the tattooed Jedi said, "I think you've made it inescapably clear."

?Indeed.? A Jedi with a sense of humor? How rare. ?We will have no issues in that case.? Until you die.

After I claimed Starkiller as my apprentice, all the tattooed Jedi did was nod and say, "I agree-"

That was it? That was the extent of the reaction? I was expecting recriminations, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, but obviously the Jedi had either already known or did not care about Starkiller?s status, exaggerated though it might be.

It seemed the Jedi had been about to say more, but Starkiller coming forward and staring me down, with arms crossed, stopped him. Starkiller said, "I'm not your apprentice anymore, Vader. I have no tasks, especially not from you, or the Emperor."

Well, I had gotten a reaction from somebody, but Starkiller was no fun to manipulate; it was just too easy with him. I simply ignored him. Let him stew in his own inadequacy.

Something was going on. There had been furtive movements between the Jedi, and the Gungan was involved in some way. I did not like it, but it was a minor thing, anyway, and it was not as if they could affect the outcome.

Soon enough, Starkiller said, ?Good luck,? to everyone as he walked toward a speeder and out of my mind. As long as he did not get in my way, he could go wherever he wished.

By this point, the female was conscious. As she looked at me with the proper amount of deference, she said, ?What?s going on, Quinlan??

Quinlan Vos. I had not been able to put a name to the familiar face, though I knew of his exploits, of course. Perhaps I had even met him a few times. I did not care.

Vos told her, "You and I are taking a trip with Vader to find Obi-Wan and learn more about our situation."

Vos was volunteering the female to go with us? Apparently, Jedi did not understand the term ?exchange,? but I was not going to complain if I got two hostagesi instead of one.

?You wish her to come along? Excellent, the more the merrier.? I gestured toward my vehicle. ?We will all ride together, of course.?

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

Tholme brought up his saber just as the 501st opened fire.

"Quinlan retreat!" Tholme shouted over the commotion.

"There is no retreat from this Master Tholme" Vader stated.

He walked through the blaster fire, completely unharmed and brought his saber hurtling towards Tholme poised to deliver a killing blow.

"No one escapes destiny."

Before Tholme could react,he felt the heat of the blade vanish along with Vader and the clonetroopers. The great hall of the Jedi Temple was replaced by another scene that Tholme was quite familiar with.

"What happened Master?" Quinlan asked.

Tholme spun, surprised to see the boy still with him. He was certain the boy was part of his visions.

"We seem to be in some type of vision" Tholme observed.

"Why?" his apprentice asked.

"I'm not certain. But I feel we will discover why soon enough."

As he spoke, Tholme saw him come into view.

"Master Tholme." Count Dooku greeted. He paused, examining the other man "You can not hope to defeat me."

Tholme said nothing, keeping his saber level. This was where it had happened.

"Your rule is at an end Count" Sora Bulq stated. He walked over to Tholme's side, his blade also raised.

"Master Dooku. Master Bulq. What's going on?" Quinlan asked, clearly confused.

"Silence padawan" Tholme said.

Sora did not seem to notice Quinlan. If he had, he certainly would have commented on his age. Dooku also said nothing. Instead he withdrew his saber and began to do battle with the two Masters.

[b]IC: [hl=yellow]The Batman[/hl][/b]

After a few hours rest, Batman began to wonder the cavernous halls of the palace. He would soon take over the guard duty shift, but first he wanted to find something to replenish his stores. He found several rooms full of parts from other machines as well as crude tools to assemble items. He grabbed what he could carry and cleared off a smooth surface to being work. He managed to find suitable parts to form another grapple. Finding a piece of steel, He carefully cut it into the crude shape of a bat. He lifted it experimentally and then threw it at the far wall. Pleased, he yanked the new batarang out of the wall and attached it to his belt.

Examining the rest of the components in the room, the dark knight's eyes were drawn to a small silver cylinder hidden among the rusted parts of a droid. Carefully, Batman withdrew the object from the pile and brought it closer to the light to examine. He turned the object gently over in his hands, quickly analyzing every inch of it. His suspicious confirmed, he held the object tight in his right hand and stretched his arm out away from his body. His thumb brushed the ignition button and a blue blade emerged in front of him. It was indeed a lightsaber. The detective had not held one before and was surprised at how light it was. It hummed in a soothing manner as Batman carefully moved it around the air, getting a feel for the weapon. Satisfied, he extinguished the blade and stored the hilt on his belt.

Finished, he exited the workroom and headed off to find Ben. He arrived moments later to find Qui-Gon Jinn also in the same room. Batman nodded a greeting but could tell Qui-Gon was distracted. He moved towards Ben and withdrew the lightsaber hilt.

"I found this in a pile of parts. I was hoping you might instruct me on how to use one. I know you need the force, but I am fairly skilled in dueling and I think it might be invaluable to me while we are here if I learn as much as I can about my opponents and their weapons."

[b]Tag: Ben, Qui-Gon[/b]

18. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek, PROXY, R2-D2
    Mos Eisly, House

Night was still upon them when they reached the settlement had pointed out....just as barren and dilapidated as the other one. Galen had to make a detour, to pick up his droid companion, PROXY. He did not hear from Count Dooku or Secura, something he would have to bring up to Vos later.

'Empty,' Galen noted, as he and PROXY surveyed the town. "Yet I could feel several presences nearby. This must be the place Master Vos was talking about."

"Do you know where these 'others' are, Master?" Inquired PROXY.

"Probably in that one over there" He pointed it out of the several similar looking building in the area. "Well come on. Considering the time, we should tread carefully, so as to not cause a ruckus."

The two then walked across the town, Galen putting his hood and pulling his robes close due to the weather

While everyone was either asleep or simply off doing other things, or shut down, Artoo's photo receptors where now at two figures walking towards their hideout. One of them seemed to be a droid of unknown make and model, and a Jedi.

He considered warning Threepio and the others, but he stopped when he remembered that the Jedi was familiar.....

He remembered seeing him on Kashykk, and then remembering his relaying of his life story by Bail Organa, so as to preserve it on the records.

Galen Marek. One of the founders of the Rebel Alliance.

So with that, he moved to outside, and beeped for the pair's attention.

And that he got, the two looking up at the new arrival.

"It appears to be an astromech droid, Master." PROXY noted.

"It looks familiar,"he tried remembering from where he had seen this particular one, but his memory was sketchy at the moment. "

Galen walked over to the droid, kneeling to his level. "I'm here to relay a warning from Master Vos. Have you seen him?"

"BEEP BOOP BOP BAAP." ["No, I've just arrived here several hours ago, and I've only seen the people inside."]

"He says that he only just arrived here, and that there are people inside the building behind him." PROXY translated.

"Have they arrived in the same circumstances as all of us, or...."

"BEEP BOOP." ["Yes they have."]

"He says that yes they have."

"BEEP BOOP BRRAP." ["What kind of droid are you, anyway?"]

"I am Imperial training droid Prototype Ten--designated ?PROXY?."

"BEEP BOOP BRRAP." ["Imperial? You must be quite....old."]

"Why not at all. I am for more advanced than you, astromech droid." He quickly transfomred into Darth Vader, almost to prove a point. "Care for a demonstration?"

"BEEP BOOP BRAAP." ["I was simply noting something. No need to get mad."]

"Enough, PROXY," Galen interjected, his patience fading. He turned to Artoo. "Sorry about him. Anyway, can you lead us inside?"

Artoo beeped a confirmation, and thus the three walked or rolled inside, careful not to make a noise.

[b]TAG: All in Mos Eisly house (Mission, Han, Boba, Threepio, Zaalbar, HK, Deena)[/b]

19. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Jar Jar Binks:

Jar Jar had tried to stay out of the way while the Jedi and Vader were in discussion. He did not want to get in the middle of that, especially since things seemed to have calmed down between them. Thrown rocks notwithstanding, he was simply not qualified to deal with the Emperor?s representative.

Suddenly, however, the main Jedi who had been talking to Vader put Jar Jar front-and-center by motioning him forward. Every second Jar Jar spent exposed he expected to be crushed by a power he had never truly understood, but he was determined, no matter how frightened he might actually be, that his actions and body language would show none of it. However, Vader did nothing, and so Jar Jar unclenched his shoulder blades.

Once Jar Jar was near enough, the Jedi whispered. "Someone needs to warn the others of Vader's mission. He is a danger to everyone here. You two must do this for us. The force has guided my actions and I must trust its judgment. Representative Binks: Go to Jabba the Hutt's palace and use this commlink code," The Jedi gave him a piece of flimsi, and almost immediately, turned his attention to the man the Gungan had ridden with, which meant Jar Jar was able to make his way back toward the speeder and out of Vader?s immediate attention.

He was tempted to leave right away, but what if he was required to take the female Jedi along with him? The Jedi he had come with took off on their speeder, leaving two behind, and not giving Jar Jar too many options if he was required to take her.

Then, he heard Vader say, ?You wish her to come along? Excellent, the more the merrier. We will all ride together, of course.?

The Jedi had volunteered his own companion? Had he lost his mind? Unfortunately, there was nothing Jar Jar could do about it. He had his own mission to accomplish, and though he would have much preferred taking the woman with him to the Palace, where she would be around the majority of her brethren, he had to trust that this Jedi knew what he was doing.

Jar Jar got on one of the remaining speeders and took off, following the coordinates that had been on the flimsi along with the commlink code. The ride was uneventful, and he spent a lot of the trip wondering if he made the right decision leaving without the woman. Should he have stayed? Should he have disregarded Vader?s wishes and brought her along?

Dawn had come and gone when he finally reached the palace, and he was tired, so tired. All he wanted right now was to find a place to lie down, but he had a mission to complete first. He tuned the comm to the frequency on the flimsi. ?Mesa Senator Jar Jar Binks. Mesa sent by Jedi Vos. Mesa spake about Vader wit yousa.?

TAG: Siri, Vos, Ben, or any other Jedi in Jabba?s palace

20. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Deena Shan

Inside the House, Mos Eisley

Deena, who was already asleep, slightly stirred. She slowly opened her eyes. Suddenly, she saw R2 and two other strangers come inside the House.

She gasped quietly. Then she closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep. Deena didn't know who they were, but made sure they wouldn't start anything. In her training, back with the Rebellion, she remembered to observe the people closely, and never to make any moves... yet.

So that's what she did. The young woman sat there on her chair, still, and opened one eye, watching these newcomers.

Tag: Anyone inside the Mos Eisley House

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: Sorry for the long post. I had to get caught up. Also, expect the older Han to return to the game sometime in the near future. :)

IC: Han Solo
    House, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Much to his surprise, the Twi'lek paused in her retreat and cautiously turned to regard him curiously. It was difficult to see her expression from across the darkened room, but when Han was sure he was making eye contact with her, he could subconsciously feel the pain returning to his side as he mentally prepared himself for the rebuke he was sure to receive. All women were alike in that regard, but here again, she did the complete opposite and managed to catch him off guard.

"I?m glad I could help," she said meekly with a small smile. He wasn't certain, but he thought she seemed embarrassed. "I?ve had to patch up Griff, that?s my brother, zillions of times. Although he was never as badly hurt as you are."

Her eyes strayed to his blanket-covered torso and he noticed her cringe at the reminder of his injury. In an attempt to lighten the mood, he simply scoffed and offered her a crooked grin. It didn't seem very convincing, even to him, but he figured it was worth a shot. She was young, after all. "This?" he patted his side gently, careful not to irritate his wound further. "This is nothing. Trust me, I've had worse. It comes with the territory, honey."

"But as for hard feelings," she pushed forward, her eyes returning to his face with determination. "I think you should be the one with those. Z had no right to talk to you like that! He?s just..."

With frustration, she threw her hands up into the air and turned away, the action drawing a deep chuckle from Han. With a grunt, he pushed himself up onto one elbow and studied her small frame, which was silhouetted against the soft glow filtering in through the single window. "He's a Wookiee, I understand completely. I have a furball of my own that pals around with me as my co-pilot. The smell can be killer sometimes, but I'll tell ya what, I wouldn't have it any other way." He shrugged. "Then again, you probably know all that, huh?"

The girl flinched uncomfortably. "Anyway, I eh...I go see if Boba?s still asleep." Without waiting for Han to acknowledge her decision, she scampered off and disappeared into the next room.

Now left alone in the darkened hovel, Han blinked repeatedly with his brow furrowed as he tried to wrap his mind around what Mission had just said. Had she said what he thought she said? "Boba...?" he repeated under his breath, swallowing hard as memories of a certain bounty hunter clad in Mandalorian armor suddenly entered his awareness. Had she been referring to the same guy who managed to haul him away from Bespin in a slab of carbonite?

"Don't worry, Han. I'll be here for you and the others," a new voice issued from beside him, causing him to jump. The sudden movement jostled his wound and he winced in pain, holding his side gingerly as he resigned himself back to the bed. As his head settled back onto the pillow, he caught a glimpse of the new speaker as she lowered herself into a chair directly beside him. "And when you get better, I can introduce you to Ronin." Deena Shan smiled down at him.

Thoughts of underage Twi'leks and renegade bounty hunters were far from his mind as he focused his attention on Shan, one corner of his mouth lifting up to return her smile. He had to admit, she was pretty and she carried herself in such a way that accented all the right places. It was hard not to notice her and over time, Han came to realize that he actually enjoyed her company. Maybe that was initiative enough to try and spend more time with her. "Ronin, huh? That your furry friend parked outside?"

The woman stared at him for a long moment before the smile faded from her face and she frowned. That was never a good sign. Was it something he said? "And Han? I'm really, really sorry for not being there for you. Sometimes..." she trailed off, trying to choose her next words car

22. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

It took Siri a few moments to realize what Quinlan was saying. "You and I are taking a trip with Vader to find Obi-Wan and learn more about our situation." "WHAT?!", she snapped surprised, going back and forth between Quinlan and Vader. "What in the blazes is he up to?", she wondered as she looked at Vos, calm and collected. Siri knew he must have had a plan in order to volunteer himself (and her) to actually go with Vader.

Before she could reply, Vader spoke?You wish her to come along? Excellent, the more the merrier.? He gestured toward his vehicle. ?We will all ride together, of course.?. Blinking a couple of times, Siri looked back at Quinlan. She saw something in his eye. He obviously didnt want to tell her anything yet, but he was up to something. "He damn well better know what he's doing, or i'm going to kick his rear end after we escape", she thought to herself.

Letting out a deep sigh, she spoke, "Well what are we waiting for then? let's move before the sun comes out in full force again". Letting out a fake smile she added, "I can barely contain my excitement for riding with Vader again". With that, she climbed the speeder and sat in the back, waiting for Vader and Quinlan to join her.

It was then she noticed the gungan and Vader's apprentice leaving aswell. She hoped to meet him again in the future. She had qestions for him.

TAG: Vader, Quinlan

OCC: i'll try to have a Ben post up shortly.

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC:C-3P0

"Now that you're here, I'd be better off dead,"

"I'm certain you don't mean that sir. You must be delirious from pain. Perhaps I should see if there is more bacta near by. You must get well soon sir. We must find Mistress Leia and Master Luke."

A commotion by the front drew the smuggler's attention. Threepio inclined his head and focused his photoreceptors on the man who had just entered accompanied by a strange looking droid. He could not identify the droid's model. Artoo seemed to recognize the man as he was chirping excitedly.

Captain Solo also seemed interesting in the exchange between Artoo and the newcomers. Artoo seemed to have finished his conversation and was leading the two toward Han.

"For your sake, goldenrod, you better know what's going on."

"Captain Solo. You are clearly delirious. You could not possibly harm me in your condition" Threepio observed matter-of-factly.

Solo seemed to ignore that comment, far more interested in the newcomers.

"Who are they?"

"I haven't the slightest idea sir. But I believe Artoo knows them. He's normally a good judge of character. I'm sure we have little to fear... I hope"

Threepio turned his attention away from the smuggler and extended a bow to the male that had followed Artoo.

"Greetings. I am See Threepio. Human-cyborg relations. I see you have already met my counterpart Artoo Detoo."

Tag: Han, Artoo, Galen, PROXY

[b]IC: Tholme[/b]
    [i]Hovering between life and death[/i]

Tholme watched as Sora Bulq flew into the ruins of a pillar several meters away. Just like last time he found himself shouting Sora's name. He realized now that he was simply living in the past. But why had he been shown the Temple? He had not been there when Vader attacked.

Tholme thrust his saber up to defend himself against Dooku's blade, but again he was too slow and he felt the searing pain as the blade sliced across his left eye.

"Master!" Quinlan shouted.

"Stay back padawan!" Tholme hissed.

He turned to face Dooku, who had stabbed his blade low, knocking Tholme to the floor. He remembered what happened next.

"Quinlan! Run!" he shouted.

Dooku still didn't seem to hear him. Instead he raised his arms, burying Tholme alive in a pile of rubble.

Before the rubble could touch him however, Tholme found himself moving again. The scene faded and he found himself with Quinlan in a small room.

He recognized it immediately. He was on Nar Shaddaa. He could see Khaleen Hentz, Quinlan's lover, holding their son Korto Vos. T'ra Saa, his lover, stood nearby. Her face was etched in sadness. She turned to face Tholme. He found himself speaking.

"Aayla is dead." he said softly.

"I know. I felt it too." T'ra whispered.

Khaleen attempted to hide her worry, busying herself with feeding Korto. Tholme remembered this event. Quinlan had not yet returned and they had all assumed the worst.

"Tholme. We may be the only ones left" T'ra stated.

Tholme shook his head. "I haven't felt Master Yoda pass. We'd know if he had fallen."

T'ra's face showed that she doubted him, but she said "You're right of course. But we are still so few. And what of Quinlan?"

"Master?" The young boy asked, "What's going on?"

"I'll explain later padawan" Tholme replied. He returned to his phantom conversation with T'ra but instead found the scene shifting again.

This time Tholme's heart sank. He recognized the cold steel room immediately. He was back on the Executor.

[b]Tag: none yet[/b]

24. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Ben Kenobi

Ben was starting to worry. He hadnt heard anything from Quinlan, and that wasnt good. Before he could say anything else to Qui-Gon, Batman entered the comm room with a lightsaber in his hand "I found this in a pile of parts. I was hoping you might instruct me on how to use one. I know you need the force, but I am fairly skilled in dueling and I think it might be invaluable to me while we are here if I learn as much as I can about my opponents and their weapons." Lifting an eyebrow, he couldnt help but be amused. It was the second time in a short period of time that he had been asked to train someone with using a lightsaber. With a soft smile on his face and nodding, he replied, "Very well, if you feel up to the task i shall do my best in helping you with some basics moves with a lightsaber... so you dont dismember any of us? or yourself". He thought it was a good idea. Who knows what they would face this time, and another capable lightsaber might come in handy. Looking at Qui-Gon, he added, ?Of course you?re help is welcomed, Master?.

Turning serious, he continued, "However i'm afraid that trouble is coming sooner rather than later, i cant get a hold of some of our people". Letting out a deep sigh, he ran his hands thru his hair. He knew he couldn?t do anything for them though. "You're tired and you cant leave this group alone, you just cant, not yet... patience", he told himself. He hated doing this, but he knew both Qui-Gon and that voice inside his head were right. Quinlan, Siri and even Tholme, whom he couldnt even sense anymore once again, would have to take care of themselves for now.

Right at that moment, his comm buzzed ?Mesa Senator Jar Jar Binks. Mesa sent by Jedi Vos. Mesa spake about Vader wit yousa.? Moving quickly towards the monitors, Ben saw Jar Jar and another human he didn?t recognize at the front gates. They were alone. Using his comm, Ben replied, ?I see you Jar Jar, this is Ben Kenobi? I?m opening the gates now and we?ll be meeting you shortly?.

As he switched off his comm and opened the gate, he turned to face the others. ?I guess we?ll have some answers finally?. Not waiting for an answer, he walked off to face the new arrivals. He had no idea what news they would bring, but Ben had a feeling ? a very bad one.

TAG: Batman, Qui-Gon, Jar Jar

25. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Fairly certain Galen is with Han and company.

The Executor was dark. This of course was no surprise to Tholme. Since the day they had first escaped the faux Piett's clutches, the group of survivors had been forced to rely on other sources for light. He examined his surroundings, attempting to determine where exactly he was. He heard several shouts and bangs and suddenly he recalled where he was.

Quinlan seemed to be taking in the chaos calmly, but the force told him otherwise. The boy was frightened. And fear was very dangerous especially in this place.

"I believe I've determined what is occurring padawan. I seem to be reliving moments in history. For some reason, you have joined me on this quest."

"But why is this happening to you Master Tholme?" the boy asked.

"I can not be certain, but I feel it is the will of the Force guiding me." Tholme answered.

Quinlan opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a commotion nearby. A large battle was taking place. Feeling dread form in the bit of his stomach, Tholme realized where he was. He knew he couldn't avoid this. He ran toward the hanger, Quinlan on his heels.

This time, Tholme did not run to the ship. Instead, another version of him ran. While the blasters were raging and others were fighting to survive, the other version began to strap in as Tholme ran over trying to stop him. He knew his death was imminent.

"Master!" Quinlan shouted.

Before Tholme could act, the scene began to fade.

"No!" Tholme shouted, "NO!!!!"

He looked around frantically, attempting to return to the vision he'd just seen. Instead, he found himself on a familiar planet. Again he saw T'ra Saa. And again he saw her faced etched in grief. Only this grief was fresh. She was standing over something. Carefully Tholme examined the area. Below his lover's feet, he saw his own grave.

[b]IC:[hl=yellow]The Batman[/hl][/b]

Ben looked at the dark knight with a touch of amusement. He smiled and said [i]Very well, if you feel up to the task i shall do my best in helping you with some basics moves with a lightsaber... so you dont dismember any of us? or yourself[/i]

Batman nodded. He understood how dangerous a weapon could be. He had trained with the best instructors on Earth as well as some of the League members. He would exercise caution until properly instructed.

Ben's smile faded as he added [i]"However i'm afraid that trouble is coming sooner rather than later, I cant get a hold of some of our people"[/i]

Batman did his best to hide his concern, but he knew that if Ben was worried, he should be as well.

"Can you detect their presence in the force?" the dark knight inquired. If he could, that meant they were at least alive- for the moment at least.

He could tell Ben wanted to leave the palace and help the others, but they both knew that the children needed them right now. Maybe soon they could leave, but with a potential sith lord running around in the palace, it would be reckless to leave the children and the princess in a vulnerable position.

Before he could say as much, Batman's comm buzzed for attention.

[i]"Mesa Senator Jar Jar Binks. Mesa sent by Jedi Vos. Mesa spake about Vader wit yousa."[/i]

The dark knight had never heard someone speak as strangely as this being, but Ben seemed to recognize him as he immediately walked towards the monitors and replied to Binks.

[i]"I see you Jar Jar, this is Ben Kenobi? I?m opening the gates now and we?ll be meeting you shortly?[/i]

The way the jedi said this made it clear that he did in fact know this Jar Jar Binks. He turned to Batman and Qui-Gon, who had remained silent, and said [i]"I guess we'll have some answers finally."[/i]

"He mentioned Master Vos." The dark knight observed. He quickened his pace and fell into step with Ben who began heading toward the gate. Batman signaled the security droids to accompany them. Even if they could trust this Jar Jar Binks, they still had a missing sith lord possibly within the palace. Batman remained alert, keeping his eyes and

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.