main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [AU Tatooine] The Desert That Shall Not Be Named

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Coruscant, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: Galen is with Han and the others in Mos Eisly, just so you all now.

IC: as Galen Marek, R2-D2,PROXY
    Mos Eisly

Artoo rolled over to Threepio, knowing he would be rather wary of this new arrival. "BEEP BOOP BRAAP DRAAP." ["In case you're wondering, I've met him before, when I and Mistress Leia were captured on Kashykk by Imperials, and it was him who broke us out, and destroyed the machine that was ferrying wookies from the Death Star, the Skyhook. We can trust him."]

Galen only nodded briefly at the gold protocol droid, See-Threepio, and instead turned to all present. This was something they all needed to hear.

"I don't know how to say this, so I'll be frank...you're all in danger. The Emperor is planning something, and you're all involved."

Galen then took notice of a uniform one of them was wearing, a blonde haired woman; it held a sleek, stylized raptor, wings proudly upraised. It brought him a strange sense of familiarity, as if he knew it somehow....

He shook himself from his trance, as he waited for the others to respond.

TAG: Threepio, Deena, Han, Everyone else in house

2. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Sorry I haven't posted yet. Am working on it. But there's a time problem as well with Ben answering Jar Jar. Jar Jar won't be there until dawn, so... how about it's dawn when Galen enters the house as well? Would make sense, since he had to travel as well. And that way we get closer to having Indy back into the game.

Everyone agree? Or will that pose a problem with 'gramps' Solo, HS29? Or with Vos, Vader and Siri who were still at the meeting point?

3. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: i dont think dawn poses a problem for Siri, Vader and Vos... she wanted to get moving before the sun got strong, so i think having it be dawn would be ok... spiff? minch??

Welcome back though! [:D] i tried to not destroy Qui-Gon while u were gone :p

4. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: Serves no problem for me.

5. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Yup, I saw that he's still alive, Veloz, much obliged [face_laugh]

And it's good to be back. Vacation is nothing like playing with these guys (and girl). But I'm having problem with writing my posts right now, so I'm afraid it will probably be tomorrow after all before I update, sorryyyyy :( :_|

6. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Jar Jar Binks:

After sending his message, the Gungan Senator waited, then, after a few moments, a voice came through his comm. ?I see you Jar Jar, this is Ben Kenobi?? Ah, so he would not be alone among strangers. It would sure be nice to see a friendly face. "I?m opening the gates now and we?ll be meeting you shortly?

The gates parted for the Senator smoothly, with a nearly silent hiss. He drove the speeder in when the crack was wide enough, then waited until his hosts made their appearance. They could tell him where to leave the vehicle. The gate began to close behind him as he cleared it.

It was at this point that he began to panic. What had he gotten himself into? He was supposed to mobilize all of these Jedi against Vader? How could he possibly explain what what the Emperor?s right hand had planned, and the danger that the two Jedi were in?

Then, he had no more time to do anything but collect his thoughts. Somebody was coming.

TAG: Ben, Batman, or any Jedi who come to meet me

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    First of all, welcome back, Ser!

That shouldn't be a problem. I plan on moving "gramps" Solo in a totally different direction anyway. In fact, if you want to totally ignore my last post as him in the house, that would be great too. That would make things less complicated for me. :)

8. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Deena Shan

Inside the House, Mos Eisley

Deena was glad her and Han talked about their thoughts and how they felt before. It was good to have someone to talk to. Even someone like Han.

But back with the two newcomers, one, which was a man, kept staring at her. Deena bit her lower lip nervously. Why was he staring at her like that? Did he know her somehow? Or did she know him?

Suddenly, he began to talk.

"I don't know how to say this, so I'll be frank...you're all in danger. The Emperor is planning something, and you're all involved."

Deena quickly stood up from the chair, shocked. "The Emperor?! Here? Us? Involved?! This is not good! What should we do?!"

Tag: Han Solo, Galen Marek, R2-D2, PROXY, Threepio, anyone else in the House

9. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek
    Mos Eisly, House

"The Emperor?! Here? Us? Involved?! This is not good! What should we do?!"

"Calm down. There's no need to be afraid," he tried to placate the woman, try and sound nonchalant, but it would probably fall on deaf ears. He instead tried to explain further.

"The Emperor has sent Darth Vader to find the source of this," he motioned with his hands. "To how we got here. He has two Jedi, as hostages. One of the Jedi sent me here to warn you all."

Yes. Vos and the blonde Jedi. He hoped they were allright.

Hoping they knew what they were doing.

And then he removed them from his head, as hard as he could. These people were going to need help against whatever the Emperor was planning.

Yet another thought crossed his mind...just what was the origins of that woman's uniform. Perhaps he could ask her.

TAG: All in house

10. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: I'm afraid the first one has gotten rather long [face_blush]

Thanks, HS :) And since no one saw 'gramps' in that last post anyway, I don't think that's a problem for anyone.

IC: Qui-Gon Jinn
    ~Jabba?s stronghold~

To Qui-Gon?s relief Ben conceded, even if it was with a deep sigh. "I know we felt him die and i dont know how he's back again, but i did feel him... ok, let's try it your way." The worry Qui-Gon sensed around Ben only deepened when he tried to reach Quillan Vos and didn?t get a reply. Looking at Qui-Gon, he said softly, "Something's not right."

The comm silence made Qui-Gon?s own worry grow as well, but as always he knew how to keep his emotions hidden. He leaned back in his chair, giving his still hurting ribs some rest, and cast out his awareness into the Force.

The turmoil he sensed and the streaks of darkness wasn?t good. ?Hard to sense the dark side is? Yoda had always been fond of saying, but he could clearly feel the Sith that had been Anakin in the Force. Maybe because it had been Anakin? He didn?t know if that was the reason, he only knew he couldn?t let the horror that was the mechanical Sith happen to the boy sleeping before his couch.

He couldn?t bring himself to go back to that couch and to sleep, so instead he closed his eyes in meditation and while Ben held his silent vigil he did the same through the Force. But he didn?t sink so deep that he couldn?t let his mind wander a bit.

Yoda?s quote made him think of the little master, so huge in the Force and he smiled to himself, thinking what Yoda?s reaction would have been if he had found himself on this strange, empty planet where beings where gathered as some kind of collection from every place and time thinkable.

They could sure use his wisdom here, and his strength in the Force?.

Suddenly his eyes snapped open when he felt?. Yoda? Only different somehow?. He threw his mind back into the Force, but whatever he had felt, it was gone now. Or masked? He gave Ben a surreptitious look and when he saw nothing on the other man?s face, he decided it had probably been his imagination.

Neither he nor Ben could bring themselves to move and leave their quiet peacefulness, sitting there together, guarding. The morning was ending when Batman slipped into the room. Qui-Gon still had his eyes closed as he felt Batman move to Ben.

"I found this in a pile of parts. I was hoping you might instruct me on how to use one,? he heard the man say. ?I know you need the force, but I am fairly skilled in dueling and I think it might be invaluable to me while we are here if I learn as much as I can about my opponents and their weapons."

His curiosity peeked, Qui-Gon opened his eyes and turned his head towards the other two men. Batman was showing Ben a lightsaber. Qui-Gon frowned when he saw it. Those weapons were extremely dangerous for those without access to the Force. On the other hand, he had seen Batman fight and the man was good, and fast, very fast, so maybe it was possible for him to get some skill with the weapon.

Ben had obviously come to the same conclusion, because he was smiling when he nodded his assent. "Very well,? Ben said, ?if you feel up to the task i shall do my best in helping you with some basics moves with a lightsaber... so you don?t dismember any of us? or yourself." Qui-Gon thought he heard amusement in Ben?s voice and he was sure of it when Ben turned to him with a twinkle in his eyes.?Of course your help is welcomed, Master.?

?Great! I ask you to teach me some new tricks and instead you want me to teach someone else. Maybe I?ll just watch!? Then he smiled back at Ben before he turned to Batman. ?No,

11. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek and PROXY
    Mos Eisly, House

Galen noticed the two beings leaning torwards the wall, obviously tense at their recent arrival, judgung by their movements.

One of them, a Rutian Twi'lek girl, walked up to him, obviously with something to say, her wookie companion keeping his distance.

?Hi, I?m Mission Vao, I?m sure Big Z over there hasn?t introduced me yet. I see you?re a Jedi? I hope you?re not thinking of getting us involved in yet another Jedi ? Sith skirmish, are you? Because frankly I?m getting fed up with them. It?s always the others that get hurt. And besides,? she made a broad gesture with her arm that was meant to not only include Han, but also the from there invisible Boba, ?we?ve got wounded here.?

Galen looked to the person who spoke him. She looked rather young, he noted.

"My master was only instructed to provide you with ample warning, not to recruit you in some battle against Sith." PROXY chimed, almost in challenge. Galen raised a silencing hand to calm him.

"The Jedi who are currently 'hostages' knew what they were doing, to follow the Sith, to get to the bottom of the this." he said, mostly to himself than those gathered.

'At least, I hope they know,'

"There won't be any surprise attack. No war, no trap. Yet, I am making sure none of you have your guard down. And if the Sith do attack, we'll be prepared."

He soon double taked, however. "You said you have wounded. Are you saying you were attacked before?"

12. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    OOC

Hey, everyone! I just go a PM from someone wandering if I was still around. Yes, I am. I'm lurking. Don't take out the naughty mags just yet. :p

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    House, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Threepio's photoreceptors glowed with uncertainty as he studied the Corellian, not missing a beat before he stated to speak. Han mentally winced at the usual prissy tone of the droid's artificial voice as it grated on his nerves. "Captain Solo," he exclaimed matter-of-factly. "You are clearly delirious. You could not possibly harm me in your condition."

Han blinked and bit the inside of his cheek, not believing what he had just heard. That sounded like a challenge to him. And if it came down to a scuffle between protocol droid and human, Han would come out on top every single time, wounded or not. "Oh yeah?" he ground out in a low baritone. He propped himself up on one elbow and started to move threateningly in the droid's direction. "How 'bout we take this opportunity to find out, huh?"

The droid appeared spooked and rattled off something about the newcomers, but his explanation was cut short as the new man stepped in and addressed the group that was gathered in the small space. Forgetting Threepio for the time being, Han studied the man through the heavy shadows of the coming dawn and narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Something seemed off about him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it...

"I don't know how to say this, so I'll be frank, the man started, his tone flat and serious. "You're all in danger. The Emperor is planning something, and you're all involved."

Han's expression relaxed, one corner of his mouth turning up into an indignant smile. He could understand getting dumped off on this dust ball as some practical joke laid out by Jabba, but to have the Emperor himself involved in this little game? He didn't buy it. The guy had to be lying. "You're kidding, right?" he scoffed and allowed his head to fall back down onto the pillow, a signal that he was brushing off the threat. "The Emperor's here. That's a good one, pal. Where'd you pull that one from?"

But as luck would have it, Shan played right into the man's words and cried out in alarm, causing Han to jump and sit upright in the bed despite the pain he was still experiencing. "The Emperor?! Here? Us? Involved?! This is not good! What should we do?!"

"R-relax, will ya?" he scolded hoarsely, one hand going to his right side to gingerly hold the wound as he slowly laid himself back down. "He's just--t-trying to scare you." He inhaled deeply and speared the newcomer with a hard glare. If he had his blaster, the man would be standing there with a smoking hole in his chest right about now.

The man, apparently oblivious to Han's body language, continued to explain his tale, going off about Darth Vader and how he was holding a bunch of Jedi hostage in order to find some strong source of power located on the planet. That revelation caused Han to chuckle and roll his eyes at how ridiculous this all sounded. When the man got to the part about how he was sent back to warn others of this 'diabolical' plan, Han about burst and focused his gaze on the ceiling with an amused smirk, no longer paying any attention. Maybe if he ignored him, he would just go away. Although, he had to admit, his little tale had been some great medicine - he had managed to put him in a lighter mood.

The sound of Mission's voice broke into the silence following the man's tirade, drawing Han's attention over to the other side of the room. He lifted his head from the pillow and studied the young Twi'lek as she spoke. "Hi, I?m Mission Vao, I?m sure Big Z over there hasn?t introduced me yet. I see you?re a Jedi? I hope you?re not thinking of getting us involved in yet another Jedi ? Sith skirmish, are you? Because frankly I?m getting fed up with them. It?s always the others that get hurt."

Lifting an eyebrow, Han turned to glance at the Twi'lek, a silent indication that he approved of her words. It was about time someone here started to agree with him.

"And besides," she continued, making a sweeping motion with her hand to indicate Han and others in the r

14. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh, god. I just realized I used the wrong w[x]nder. :oops: I haven't done that in years.

15. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Ben Kenobi

Walking towards the entrance, Ben was lost in his thoughts, "This is too much excitement for an old man, it seems lately the joke's on me". At least things werent as bad as last time yet, and he hoped they would stay that way. However with the sith running around complicating matters it wasnt going to be easy. He was stuck in his own head, when he heard Qui-Gon's voice beside him, ?One of your most favorite persons in the world, eh, padaw...?, he stopped mid sentence. Turning his face towards Jin, he let out an amused chuckle, "Well you're around arent you, Master? that means we're bound to pick up all kinds lifeforms... Force help me", he muttered loud enough for the man to hear. Pointing as his master, he continued, "For your own sake you best stop calling me padawan, you're making yourself look older".

Shaking his head, he turned to Batman, "Jar Jar is a very peculiar individual who tends to get into trouble quite easily... keep your eye on him at all times, for his sake and ours", he cautioned, "He's clumsy but he means well". Realizing Batman had probably never seen a gungan before, he tried to prepare the man for what he was about to meet, "You should know he's not human, i dont think it's a species you've seen before".

As the three men paced along, they finally arrived towards the entrance area. The gate was once again closed, but Ben could see Jar Jar up ahead. His Force signature was as he remembered, but at the same time slightly different. The usual chaos surrounding the gungan wasnt as present.

Finally, they got close enough to Jar Jar and Ben couldnt help but let out a smile, "Hello Jar Jar, it's been a long time, my friend", he greeted, putting one hand on his shoulder. Realizing that he was a bit older than the gungan remembered, Ben braced himself for his reaction.

TAG: Batman, Qui-Gon, Jar Jar

16. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Deena Shan

Inside the House, Mos Eisley

The young woman sunk back in the chair, still worried if the Emperor and his goons were going to harm them. Stay calm or not, Deena had to protect her friends. Even if it meant sacrificing her own life.

She then looked at Han. He clearly looked very upset at the situation.

"N-nothing I can't handle. Besides, it wasn't no Sith. I think you've been wandering out there in the desert for far too long, the heat's starting to go to your head."

Deena came beside Han and helped him. "Woah there, Captain. Steady on the gettin' up." She turned to the man. "Are you sure there are Jedi hostages out there with those guys? And if they do attack, we'll totally be ready."

Tag: Galen Marek, Han Solo, PROXY, Mission Vao, Zaalbar, Threepio, everyone else in the House

17. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    Mos Eisly, House

"You're kidding right? The Emperor's here. That's a good one, pal. Where'd you pull that one from?"

"From fact," he gave the man a glare of his own. "If you don't wish to believe me, that's your problem."

"Not mine."

He turned away from the man, ignoring the rest of the man's accusations of his falsehoods. He didn't need any of that. Not when he needed to see clearly.

And he had to be careful not to get riled up like that. Vader's taint still haunted him...

...maybe the Jedi, when they returned (if they did) could help him.

"Woah there, Captain. Steady on the gettin' up. Are you sure there are Jedi hostages out there with those guys? And if they do attack, we'll totally be ready."

"No, but that's not your concern. What you have to be worried about is being prepared."

He truly hoped that would be the end of it. He wasn't exactly ideal in this sort of thing.

18. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Mission Vao and Zaalbar
    ~House in Mos Eisley~

Did the man have any decency to tell her his name in return? Nope, not at all. Typical Jedi arrogance as far as Mission was concerned.

Okay, that wasn?t entirely fair, she had met enough decent Jedi in her life, but fact was that most of them tended to overlook the normal beings in their focus on the war with the Sith, a war that still wasn?t coming to an end after? well, forever! It was enough to make you want to kick both of the orders and all of their members out of the Galaxy as far as she was concerned.

She opened her mouth to give this Jedi a piece of her mind about his manners, her hands already moving almost of their own accord to her hips, when her major patient was suddenly acting up behind her.

"I'm fine!" he announced with some heat. When she turned around, completely surprised for once, he had already thrown the blanket off of his bare torso and was in the process of sitting up.

?Are you out of your mind?? she yelled. ?Zaalbar, stop him!?

Zaalbar merely grinned from where he still leaned comfortably against his wall, although the bowcaster hadn?t left his hands.

[It?s his right, little one. If he prefers to lie on the floor who are we to stop him?]

?Oh, you?. rug!? Mission was already on her way to the couch and the stubborn gundark on top of it.

Han?s face contorted in pain and little beads of sweat began to form on his forehead, but he still declared, "N-nothing I can't handle. Besides, it wasn't no Sith. I think you've been wandering out there in the desert for far too long, the heat's starting to go to your head."

And then, to make matters worse, Deena started to help him. "Woah there, Captain. Steady on the gettin' up." Keeping a grip on Han, she turned to the Jedi. "Are you sure there are Jedi hostages out there with those guys? And if they do attack, we'll totally be ready."

"No,? the Jedi with no name said, ?but that's not your concern. What you have to be worried about is being prepared."

The Jedi was clearly irritated by now, but Mission had bigger steaks to fry. She had reached mister ?I?m fine?.

?You are going to lay right back down,? she hissed. ?Because I don?t want to ever, ever, EVER have to deal with that kind of injury again. Do you have any idea how? how horrible that was? And I?m not even sure if there is enough bacta in your bandage pack to heal it completely. Or if I did it all right. And do you even know how scared I was when all that blood came out and? and?.?

She abruptly turned back to the Jedi before she really started to embarrass herself, blinking furiously at the blurriness of the room.

?You?re a Jedi. He?s hurt. So why don?t you do that thing of yours, that healing mojo? Then we can talk.?

And suddenly Zaalbar was at her side, his big hand a comfortable weight on her shoulder as he gave a growl towards Han to stay put.

TAG: all in the house

[b]IC: Qui-Gon Jinn[/b]
    [i]~Jabba?s stronghold~[/i]

[i]"Well you're around aren?t you,[/i] Master? [i]That means we're bound to pick up all kinds lifeforms... Force help me,"[/i] Ben muttered besides him and Qui-Gon didn?t doubt for a minute that he had been meant to hear the comment. Pointing as him, Ben added, [i]"For your own sake you best stop calling me padawan, you're making yourself look older."[/i]

He lifted his eyebrow at the man. ?Oh? Seems to me you?ve managed to start a nice collection on your own already.? He smirked. ?And collect all the grey hairs here. Old man.?

As Ben tried to warn Batman about Jar Jar ? although you had to have seen Jar Jar in action to believe it ? Qui-Gon put his hands in his sleeves and walked silently beside the two. With Jar Jar here as well, all that was needed next was for Padmé, or more accurately Queen Amidala, to make the group complete.

They reached the entrance gate soon enough and yes, there he was, Jar Jar Binks. A changed Jar Jar, dressed much more elaborate and definitely older

19. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek, PROXY
    Mos Eisley, House

?You?re a Jedi. He?s hurt. So why don?t you do that thing of yours, that healing mojo? Then we can talk.?

Galen could feel her irritation with him, just as he was irritated with them. His eyes darted from the girl to the injured man, who had not responded to him.

He could just leave. He had done what they had sent him to do. To warn them. If they listened was none of their concern.

But if he did, they would probably not believe him, and take it with a grain of salt.

He had hear stories that Jedi would heal themselves and others with the Force. That some were gifted in that area. He had meditated several times, to restore his power, but that was of a different variety, never really knowing the technique himself.

But that's also what he said when he saw the future...

Could he do this?

PROXY also seemed to voice this concern, as he leaned back and whispered into his ear. "Master, are you sure.."

Galen brought his tone to a whisper, so as for the others not to hear. "It appears I'm going to have to, to get these peoples' trust. I heard Jedi could do this sort of thing."

"But have you done this before, Master?"

"I've never technically been a Jedi before..." he then turned to the injured man. Who frankly he wasn't too fond of.

He sighed a deep breath, trying to center himself, trying to calm himself.

That was easier said than done. His mind was a maelstorm of thoughts. If it wasn't memories of his training or his childhood (what he knew anyway), it was of recent event, of his time with Juno, his assasinations...

But soon, he closed his eyes, reaching a hand torwards the location of the man's wound. Nothing significant happened, as this was a more internal power.

Nothing seemed to happen. He called on his own power, but he couldn't call on something he did not have. He considered on using the darkside, but that would not do, and he would rather not.

He called on the Force, on anything, for guidance.

He would certainly need it.

TAG: Yoda, All in house

20. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Jar Jar Binks:

Three figures came toward him, and with his excellent vision, he saw a strangely armored man, along with an older man in simple robes and . . . Master Jinn? He should not have been surprised, he supposed, given his recent experiences with the ghost of Vader, but it was a welcome change to fill his heart with joy instead of terror.

As they got closer, the older man began to seem familiar to him, also. There was something about his eyes, and the way he carried himself, that resonated. It was when the man said, "Hello Jar Jar, it's been a long time, my friend," and one hand went on his shoulder, that it clicked. The Gungan realized that Kenobi had told him that he was coming, but Jar Jar?s brain had failed to connect this older man with the one he had known.

Jar Jar?s beaming smile was wide enough to show all of his teeth. ?Mui, mui good seen yous.? His hands came up automatically, but then stopped. Years ago, he would of course have not hesitated to hug the man, but such was the prerogative of youth. He was actually unsure whether it was proper protocol to show such affection to members of the Order, so put his hands back down again

Master Jinn spoke softly next to his student, now made nearly equal in age. That must have taken some getting used to, for both of them. ?Hello, Jar Jar.?

The Senator?s grin had enough wattage for both of them. ?Good seen yous too, Master. Mui, mui.? He held his palms out to them. A simple hand clasp would have to be enough to show his appreciation.

The Gungan then turned to the armored man. ?Mesa Jar Jar Binks. Mesa yous humbule servant.? He tilted his head slightly. ?Yousa??

Might as well learn everyone?s name, in case we die soon. He shook the thought off immediately. He could not allow negativity to affect him, or he would get nothing done. At least his tiredness was gone, seemingly banished with one touch from Kenobi.

So let me spend a little bit of time getting acquainted with everybody. Soon enough, he would have to get down to unpleasant business.

TAG: Ben, Batman, Qui-Gon

[hl=green][color=white]IC Yoda- Force Ghost:[/color][/hl]

The spirit, invisible to all, watched the man lay his hands upon another. He was barely more than a boy, actually, yet already his past was full of anger and hatred, just like that of his Master. But in the present? The boy was trying so desperately to follow the ways of the Jedi, despite never having learned the proper techniques, and hence, was to be encouraged.

The spirit abruptly disappeared, and suddenly a concentrated burst of powerful Force energy passed through the boy?s arm and into the wound he was trying to heal. The energy promptly diffused throughout the other?s body, seeking out all areas of damage to repair.

[b]TAG: Galen, Han[/b]

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: I've been working on this post for hours and I saw that Spiff posted his bit before I had a chance to get it up. I had planned to not have Han healed just yet, so my post reflects that. I just wanted to point that out so it didn't look like I was ignoring anyone. I guess we'll say Han pulled away before the healing powers could move over into him. :)

IC: Han Solo
    House, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Just when he thought he would stumble forward and crash face first into the sand encrusted floor, Deena Shan was at his side, placing a firm grip on his arm to help him to his feet. His left hand instinctively came up to swat her away, but he soon realized he actually enjoyed her touch. Relaxing his muscles, he tilted his head to look at her and flashed her an approving grin. "I guess I owe you some th-thanks..." he remarked hoarsely. "But...I should be f-fine from here."

Planting his palms on her thighs to provide him with some leverage, Han started to push away from her to stand on his own when a shrill cry cut through the room. "Are you out of your mind?" the voice belonged to Mission as she finally caught onto Han's plan. "Zaalbar, stop him!"

Han stopped his progress and wavered where he stood, a scowl crossing his features as he craned his neck around to glare at the young Twi'lek. He should've known this would happen. The girl had gotten attached to him quick, which was something that wouldn't normally bother him, it was when she crossed the line and started acting like his nursemaid that tipped him over the edge. He was accustomed to taking care of himself and he didn't need some young girl hovering over him and babying him like he was a child. Even Chewie had learned that early on in their travels together.

"You are going to lay right back down," she hissed as she finally approached his position, staring daggers at him. Han simply stared back, unmoved with her concern as she took a breath and continued on with her little tirade. "Because I don?t want to ever, ever, EVER have to deal with that kind of injury again. Do you have any idea how...how horrible that was? And I?m not even sure if there is enough bacta in your bandage pack to heal it completely. Or if I did it all right. And do you even know how scared I was when all that blood came out and...and..."

She stopped abruptly, obviously embarrassed with herself at having spilled her guts to him like that. He hadn't realized it before, but maybe he had really scared her. It wasn't his intention, but what was a guy supposed to do when he was caught in the target radius of a blaster? No one said his job was gonna be easy and Han had accepted that years ago when he first started out on his own. Dealing with the consequences was part of the business, whether it was bounty hunters or suffering from the effects of a blaster wound.

Inhaling deeply, Han eased himself back down onto the bed to offer her some relief and looked her straight in the eye. "You did good, I admit that," he started off, his tone serious. "But you're working yourself up for nothing. I've been roughed up before, stuck in a bacta tank and who knows what else. You're gonna have to trust me when I say I'm fine. The bacta will do wonders, no matter how little or how much you put on there. Just give it some more time." He sighed and looked away, his thoughts suddenly straying to his co-pilot. "If Chewie were here, he'd tell ya a thing or two about my miraculous recoveries. Corellians have good blood."

When Han glanced back up to the others, the strange man had stepped forward and was now extending his hand out to him, his eyes closed in concentration. Han did a double take before sliding back to the far side of the bed to escape the man's probing hand. There was no way in all the Nine Hells that he was gonna let this stranger touch him - Jedi or no! He didn't need some hocus pocus healing trance to make him feel better.

"Forget it, pal! I ain't letting you sway me over with your Jedi powers. It's nothing but trouble

22. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Sorry, I didn't mean for Mission's outburst to lead to a problem! :( For me the importance of the post has nothing to do with having Han healed or not, but in showing that although Mission rushed to the rescue after the shooting, and she's tough through her streetlife, she's also just fourteen years old and was more shaken and scared than she wants to admit by the whole experience. And also that she and Zaalbar have a different view on Jedi and Sith because of the time period they come from, but I don't know if that came through. Might not have been the best way to go about it though :_|

In regard to Han healed or not, maybe the easiest is to disregard Spiff's Yoda post???? Because in Subzero's post it can go either way and the both of you could work from there. Sorry Spiff, just seems the easiest way to me, so I hope you don't mind the suggestion.

But this leads me to a question I really hope y'all can answer, because of something else I'm busy with. Mind, I have hardly read the EU books, so maybe it's in one of them, but CAN a Force ghost do something like that? I thought they were limited to showing up and giving advice? If they can do more I'd really like to know!

23. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC; Why don't we just have it thatb it was working for a while, until Han pulled out?

Also, in my post I explained why Galen had to it.

Mos Eisly, House

He didn't know what had transpired, but he soon felt a different type of energy emanate from his hand.

He felt a calmness sweep over him, almost as if he had been doing this his whole life.

As if something else entirely was at work.

He did not hear the man's protests as he pulled away. He was now too preoccupied with finding out how this happened.

OOC: Sorry for the quick post.

24. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: i started moving the group along towards somewhere to talk, i hope it's ok. I figured it would be rude to just leave Jar Jar standing around :p

Yay! for a Han going towards Siri and that group :D

IC: Ben Kenobi

It took Jar Jar a few moments to realize who Ben was, and it seemed time had matured the impetuous gungan. ?Mui, mui good seen yous.? For a brief moment Ben though Jar Jar was going to jump all over him as was usual in him so he braced himself for the impact, but at the last moment he held back. Somewhat surprised, Ben tried to suppress an amused grin. Force knows he wouldnt be able to handle a fully enthusiastic Jar Jar at his age and current state. Extending his own, he shook Jar Jar?s hand.

The gungan also acknowledged Qui-Gon, and then turned his focus to Batman. ?Mesa Jar Jar Binks. Mesa yous humbule servant. Yousa?? A wide grin spread across Ben's face. "Some things change, but some dont", he thought to himself. He could feel Jar Jar's concerns thru the Force though. As much as he tried to remain calm, it was obvious to Ben the gungan was shaken up about something.

Ben realized Jar Jar was probably tired. He looked dusty enough to imply he had been riding for a while. Sadly time wasnt something they had much of, so Ben stepped forward. "This is Batman... he's a new friend, you can trust him. But you must be tired... we don?t have much of anything here I?m afraid, but please come in and have some refreshments. I?m sure you?re also in need of some rest", he indicated, pointing towards the dinning area. "But before we let you recuperate, we must to ask you some questions though... time is of essence right now, i'm sure you agree", he added gravely.

Ben had many concerns to speak to Qui-Gon and Batman about, but he would address those after he heard what Jar Jar had to say.

As the group started to move, Ben stepped slowly towards Qui-Gon, and spoke in a hushed voice, "I think i dodged a bullet back there, i thought he was going to tackle me". Shaking his head somewhat amused, he continued, "Our little collection of people is growing indeed. I did learn from the best when it came to picking them up", he added lifting an eyebrow and suppressing a grin. Running a hand thru his hair, he continued, "As for my gray hair well, i feel the weight of each and every one of them today". He was tired, and it seemed things were about to get kicked into a higher gear, something he wasn?t sure he was ready for.

Letting out a deep breath, Ben got serious, "I have a feeling things are about to get very complicated, and i need to know you trust my judgment. I dont doubt for a second we're going to have to make tough decisions sooner rather than later, and some might not be of your liking". Before Qui-Gon could protest, Ben lifted both his hands asking for patience, "I'm not saying we're going to get reckless and go out there lightsabers blazing, Force knows i'd rather not, but you cant protect me forever? that?s not your job, Qui-Gon". It was the first time he had called his master by his name, but as odd as it felt, he knew that would get his point across.

Ben hoped Qui-Gon would realize he had to let go of his fear of losing him. Things were different now, and even though Ben knew it would take a while for his master to adapt to the idea that a lifetime had passed since the last time they met, despite it feeling like yesterday to him, it had to be done.

As the dinning area came into view, Ben tucked his hands inside his robe, and walked quietly beside Qui-Gon.

TAG: Qui-Gon, Batman, Jar Jar, Anakin and Leia (if they're around and someone *cough* lurking Cor *cough* wants to jump in with them)

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: No problems, Seremela. I know what you were trying to say, but that doesn't mean Han did. Once he gets over himself, I'm sure he'll realize that. ;)

As for the healing thing, I still see Han skeptical over the whole Jedi thing. The only person with the Force he really trusts at this point is Luke. He's not even aware Leia and Luke are siblings. I can't see him going down quietly when a strange Force user attempts to use his magic on him. If something involving my character happens like that, I just want a chance to react to the post before moving ahead. Sorry if that caused any problems. I think DSZ's latest post did a decent job fixing things, so I'm fine moving along from there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.