main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [AU Tatooine] The Desert That Shall Not Be Named

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Coruscant, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Yikes you guys are moving. Here's several small catch up posts.
    I hope I'm reading FOTJ Han's location correctly.

IC: Quinlan Vos

Quinlan noticed that the suns had begun to rise. With surprise, he realized that he had not slept at all the previous day. He began to feel the exhaustion wear on him as he and Siri walked toward Vader's speeder. The sith lord seemed delighted at having guests. Quinlan assumed he was in for an excruciating trip. Afterall, what conversations could one have with a sith lord. Normal chitchat would not cut it. Even useless small talk like the weather, the job or the kids were not exactly possible with Darth Vader. And Quinlan couldn't risk falling asleep lest Vader take advantage.

With regret, he noticed the speeder lacked a radio or music player of any kind. Even if Vader drove at top speed, it would still take time to reach the homestead. He settled into the passenger seat and waited as Vader started up the speeder.

A sudden presence in the force caught Quinlan's attention as a figure rode into view. At first he thought it was Galen disobeying his orders. As the figure grew closer, he recognized the older Captain Han Solo coming over a dune just as the suns began to shine. The older man was bathed in a brilliant glow and Quinlan shielded his eyes.

For a moment, he wasn't sure what to do. He could pretend not to have seen him and keep the man safe from Vader's grip or he could recruit the man and have one more ally against the sith lord. Deciding on the latter option, Quinlan caught Vader's attention motioned toward Solo's approaching speeder.

"Perhaps Captain Solo can help us. He spent a long time with Obi-Wan on the Executor." Quinlan stated.

Tag: Han, Vader, Siri

[b]IC:[hl=yellow]The Batman[/b][/hl]

The creature before the dark knight was not like a type of giant frog creature. He was clearly old for his species and he also carried with him the air of someone importance. Clearly this took Ben and Qui-Gon especially offguard. They most have known this being when he was younger and more active.

Batman continued to rotate his view, scanning everywhere for their missing sith lord. He motioned for the droids to do the same. As Ben and Qui-Gon finished introductions, Jar Jar approached the detective.

[i]"Mesa Jar Jar Binks. Mesa yous humbule servant."[/i]

It took the dark knight a moment to understand the being's strange dialect. Had he said servant? Was this being a slave? Or perhaps more a butler like Alfred? Batman put it out of his head immediately, he was still far more concerned with a sith lord escaping. Once the door were closed, Batman tapped a button on his communicator that reactivated the same security protocols as before.

[i]"Yousa?"[/i] Jar Jar asked

Before the dark knight could answer, Ben inteceeded.

[i]"This is Batman... he's a new friend, you can trust him. But you must be tired... we don?t have much of anything here I?m afraid, but please come in and have some refreshments. I?m sure you?re also in need of some rest"[/i]

With that, Ben and Qui-Gon began to lead the gungan through the palace. Batman slowed his pace, motioning for the squad of security droids to follow. Batman had not expected the jedi to react so oddly to Jar Jar. Clearly this was someone they had not seen in a long time. In his experience, that didn't always mean the person was the same. And clearly, this alien had changed. How much remained to be seen. He would have to wait to see if the alien could be trusted or not. Until then, he would remain on alert.

[b]Tag:Jar Jar, Ben, Qui-Gon[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Tholme[/b]

Tholme examined the grave again and again. It did indeed say his name. What had happened? T'ra did not seem to move. Tholme noticed with alarm that she was rooted to the spot.

"T'ra" he called out.

Quinlan seemed to have gone pale upon seeing his Master's grave. He had also fallen silent.

"This is Anzat" Tholme murmured to himself. Again he turned to T'ra Saa

"T'ra what happened?" he asked.

In answer, the scene shifted again.

This time, they appeared

2. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006

IC: as R2-D2
    Mos Eisly

The humans in the room were bickering with each other.He did not see why though? Perhaps the people with him where a tad bit mistrusting.

Perhaps they had a point. But, if these centuries had given him anything, was a good judgement of people. Perhaps they would trust each other soon?

He listened to the man's message, and he seemed to make sense. However, the other , besides Deena were not exactly willing to listen.

He wondered why Han and the others wouldn't listen. When he last saw Han, he would be more trusting of Jedi since their returned, working with them on several occasions.

Then he remembered their situation. This might be a different Han, from a different time. The others might be from a period where Jedi weren't exactly well liked.

So many different possibilities. Whatever the case, their mistrust wasn't going to do anyone good.

"BEEP BOOP BEEP BOP BOOP." ["Threepio, could you please tell Master Han to let the man heal him. We can trust him."]

TAG: Threepio, Han, all others in house.

3. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Jar Jar Binks:

Master Kenobi took Jar Jar?s extended hand. It truly was good to have contact with another being without having to fear certain death. He needed that, after facing Vader. When the Senator asked the armored man who he was, Kenobi stepped forward to say, "This is Batman... he's a new friend, you can trust him. But you must be tired... we don?t have much of anything here I?m afraid, but please come in and have some refreshments. I?m sure you?re also in need of some rest" All wonderful, wonderful things. The roof of his mouth tasted like the desert outside these walls must, and he licked his lips even as the nictitating membranes over his eyes scraped together roughly several times. He had been quite far from any major water sources for an extended period of time, and his body was starting to feel the effects. Kenobi continued. "But before we let you recuperate, we must to ask you some questions though... time is of essence right now, i'm sure you agree"

Jar Jar nodded in acknowledgment to this Bat-man as the group began to move toward sweet, precious rest. ?Mesa smilin ta answer mui, mui quick.? He paused, then the words were released in a rush. ?Vader holden Vos und female Jedi, looken for Kenobi and oolltimate power.?

TAG: Ben, Batman, Qui-Gon

[color=white][hl=black]IC Darth Vader:[/hl][/color]

The female, upon learning how she had been volunteered as my hostage, said, [i]"WHAT?!"[/i]This one had spirit, quick to anger, and not afraid to speak her mind. If she could get out from under her reliance on Jedi propranda, she might make a fine Sith.

After studying both me and her partner for a while, she said, [i]"Well what are we waiting for then? let's move before the sun comes out in full force again. I can barely contain my excitement for riding with Vader again"[/I] She got into the back of the speeder, where she belonged.

Someone was passing close by, but I put it out of my mind instantly since there was no flicker of the Force there. I had no time to waste with insignificant insects when there was real power to be gained.

Vos got into the passenger seat, but I had to stop him. ?You cannot sit there. Those of us who are masters of our own destinies and take complete control over the Force sit in front. Servants sit in the back, especially servants to the Force.?

Almost immediately after sitting, however, Vos gestured at the figure on the speeder I had previously dismissed and said, [i]"Perhaps Captain Solo can help us. He spent a long time with Obi-Wan on the Executor."[/i]

?Indeed?? I sent out a burst of energy toward the speeder, knowing that it would be demolished, but that the traitor and criminal Solo would remain unharmed. I had no use for somebody who was injured and could not pull his own weight. I looked at Vos. ?Bring Captain Solo to me. Now. The female and I will get better acquainted.?

[b]TAG: FOTJ Han, Siri, Vos[/b]

4. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Siri Tachi

As soon as she got herself in the speeder, Vader and Quinlan proceeded to do the same. However when Vos attempted to sit in the front, Vader stopped him ?You cannot sit there. Those of us who are masters of our own destinies and take complete control over the Force sit in front. Servants sit in the back, especially servants to the Force.?Unable to hide a snort at such a ridiculous statement, Siri padded the sit next to her, "You heard the big bad sith, come sit beside me my friend... it?s less crowded back here anyways, Vader needs the entire front for himself and that big deluded ego of his", she said mockingly. As Vos sat down, she moved closer and whispered, "Just as well, i'm sure he's really gonna stink when he starts to sweat".

Before they could get going, Siri noticed a speeder passing by in the distance. It didnt take her long to identify the passenger: Captain Solo. Siri was hoping he would get away, but it seemed Quinlan had other plans, "Perhaps Captain Solo can help us. He spent a long time with Obi-Wan on the Executor."She glared at him, "How many of us does he want stuck with this monster?", she thought to herself, but kept quiet. Crossing her arms, she gave her jedi friend a disapproving look. Not surprising to Siri, Vader went along with it, ?Indeed??, he asked.

To her horror, Siri watched as Vader sent out a burst of energy toward the speeder, with the clear intent of destroying it. ?Hey, don?t go hurting the man!?, Siri exclaimed. But it seemed the speeder was the objective, not the individual. Then Vader looked at Vos. ?Bring Captain Solo to me. Now. The female and I will get better acquainted.?. Letting out an annoyed sight, Siri looked away and rolled her eyes, ?Great, just great?, she mumbled, ?Go ahead Quinlan, it seems Vader?s been watching the HoloNet show ?Galactic Friends? a bit too much lately, and needs a new buddy to chat with?, she spat out sarcastically.

TAG: Quinlan, Vader, Pops Han

OCC: i?ll hold off on a Ben reply until Seremela has a chance to reply as Qui-Gon.

5. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: :( I'm sorry, I tried to write a post, but I don't feel very well and have to give up right now. I'll go at it again tomorrow. And SubZero, love your solution about the healing!

6. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek, PROXY
    House, Mos Eisly

Finally finding the opportunity to steal himself away, he went into an empty room of the complex. Being ever faithful, PROXY followed, making sure to cover their tracks and not be detected by the others present.

Galen reached out with his hand and used the Force to manipulate the door controls, the door sliding down and budged shut by an invisible force. He certainly did not wish to be disturbed.

"Master, the others will probably be mad at you for your disappearance. May I divulge as to why you're doing this?" PROXY inquired, the whir of his processors the only audible noise in the room

"Something else contacted me when I healed that smuggler. Or probably someone." He said in a low whisper. "I'm going to try and contact this being. Maybe he can help me?"

"Have you experience with this sort of thing, Master?"

"Not really..but there's a first time for everything, isn't there?" Vader contacted him many if only to give him a new task. But instinct told him this was of a different sort. He said. He then sat down on the floor, crossing his legs, as if he were to meditate.

PROXY keeping close watch, an unknown energy seemed to swirl across the room. Galen's eyes closed as the trance continued.

Across the Force, he tried and tried to contact the being who assisted him. 'Hello?' he called repeatedly and frequently. Yet either he wasn't doing it well, or the being wasn't there, or anywhere near this planet.

How odd.

Yet he opted to wait.Be patient. Perhaps he would come to him again?

He had so many things to ask....

TAG: Yoda

7. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Luke Skywalker:

The suns had gone down, and the moons had come up, yet Luke maintained his distance from Master Dyas. He wished to allow the Jedi enough solitude to meditate and properly orient himself to his change in position, not only in space but in time.

Truthfully, the delay was more for his benefit than for the Jedi. He had originally meant to stay away for only a few hours, but then time had slipped away from him, as it was wont to do. He found that, once night had fallen, his attention was focused on other matters, and getting back to the Master was not a high priority.

He had stopped the speeder next to two rocks that came together to form a cavern, and while sitting in the driver?s seat, he clasped his hands together and stretched his arms over his head. The seemingly endless rush of adrenaline that had come from rescuing the Princess, attempting to escape from the Empire?s clutches, and witnessing the murder of a friend had shown itself to be finite, after all, and his eyelids felt as if they had lead weights on them.

He stepped out of the vehicle and made his way into the shelter. He would spend the night here, out of the cold and the wind, then head back to the Jedi in the morning. His tiredness, however, was at war with his nervousness for supremacy. No room for doubt. I?ve made my decision. Dyas would be his new Master.

Mercifully, Owen, Beru, and Ben did not visit his dreams, so his sleep was peaceful.

TAG: no one

[hl=green][color=white]IC Yoda- Force Ghost:[/color][/hl]

Yoda?s attempt to help the man were stymied when he pulled away before the process could truly begin. The boy was confused about what had just happened, and had obviously felt the presence of the Master, even if he did not understand what it was that he had been feeling.

At least one positive thing came from the abortive healing attempt: the boy became rejuvenated with purpose. [i]How did I do this?[/i] Yoda could read the thought even in the boy?s eyes.

The youth (and his droid friend) made his way to a room separate from the other people, then attempted to connect with the little green Jedi. The boy was desperate for answers, and was sending out a hand in supplication, metaphorical though it might be.

It was time for the Master to make his appearance and take a firm grip, so he shimmered into view, though only those who could access the Force would be able to see him.

[hl=green][color=white]?Questions you have for me, yes??[/color][/hl] He chuckled, more to himself than to the youngster.

[b]TAG: Galen[/b]

8. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek, PROXY
    Mos Eisely, House

His summons for whatever had aided him were answered, for soon a clear, blue spectre shimmered into view. It was a diminutive, green skinned being characterized by sharp, elfin ears, ridges on their foreheads, tridactyl hands and (most commonly) anisodactyl feet, white hair on his head. His ragged brown robes were definetly old, but they were definetly Jedi robes.

Once again, his knowledge of old Galactic events and the Jedi (brought about by his initial 'mission' to purge them, but that turned out to be a ruse) did not fail him. This particular figure was mentioned a great many times..

"Master Yoda," he said more to himself than to the Jedi Master in front of him. However, the aforementioned figure soon spoke..

"Questions you have for me, yes?" the tone was light-hearted, yet the wisdom was apparent even in his own voice.

He did have many questions. Was there hope for him still? If so, could he learn? All his life he had been just a weapon, knowing there was more to the Force than the dark side, but not keen on asking.

A powerful weapon, as Vader and Emperor knew first hand, but a weapon and a tool nonetheless. For better or for worse.

Vader was right. He did want to be a Jedi. Like his father.

However, immediate things came first. "Why did you help me?" He asked inquisitively. What were the Jedi Master's motive for this?

PROXY saw the conversation between his Master and.....complete blankness. Nothing. Was his Master seeing things? Or would this something of the Force?

He considered asking, but he did not wish to intrude.

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: To avoid any godmodding, I'm going to wait for HS29 to decide whether that blast of Vader's did anything to Han's speeder or not. Quinlan is just being cautious.

Quinlan was horrified as he felt Vader send out a surge in the force aimed at the older Solo's speeder. Without waiting to see the effect of Vader's attack, Quinlan instantly put up a cushion in the force to protect the man from any injury. He bounded from the speeder's door over to the other man.

"Captain Solo!", Quinlan shouted as he bounded over the dunes toward where he had seen the man, "Are you alright?"

Tag: Han, Vader, Siri

[b]
    [color=yellow][hl=goldenrod]C-3PO[/color][/hl][/b]

As usual, Captain Solo was being his normal obnoxious, stubborn self. The protocol droid took this as a sign that the man was feeling better. Nevertheless, the others were insisting that Han Solo accept the strange jedi's help.

Assuming this man was a jedi. Artoo seemed to trust him, but something about the way the man carried himself frightened Threepio. His walk, his demeanor, See Threepio's programming homed in on all these irregularities and sent a feeling of dread through his circuits. This man was dangerous.

Apparently the healing had startled the man as he had quickly disppeared with his own droid, leaving Captain Solo to stubbornly bear the pain of his recent injury.

Artoo twittered [i]["Threepio, could you please tell Master Han to let the man heal him. We can trust him."][/i]

Threepio turned to Han and said

"Honestly Captain Solo, sometimes I wonder if you enjoy being in pain. Clearly you are delirious with pain. I will see about fetching you more sedatives. You are in no condition to help Master Luke and Mistress Leia and we must hurry. Our chances of finding them right now have decreased significantly because of your injury. If you had only allowed that young man heal you, we could be on our way to rescue the others."

He started shuffling over to look for bacta. "Impossible man." Threepio muttered, "He's going to doom us all."

[b]Tag: Han,R2, others around[/b]

OOC: In case no one can tell, Threepio's recent falls have shook something loose causing him to be a bit less proper than normal [face_tongue]

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: I just want to point out that at this point, no one is aware that the FotJ Han is indeed Junior from the GSE game. I believe Pops is the only one privy to that at the moment. I wanted to make that clear before there is any confusion. :)

IC: Han Solo (FotJ Era)
    Sand dunes, Desert, Tatooine

The desert stretched on for miles in every direction and after awhile, the constant blur of the drab landscape rushing past him began to blend together into nothingness. Han had to blink and shake his head several times to prevent himself from falling victim to tunnel vision, which could prove to be disastrous on a swoop bike. Luckily, it was still early dawn and the suns were still low enough in the sky to eliminate the heat factor for a few more hours. Perhaps it would be wise to turn around now and head back to the spaceport before it could have any real bearing on his concentration. He had gone this far without running into anything out of the ordinary, he doubted he would...

The swoop crested the next dune and there in the distance, Han could clearly make out dark shapes moving about against the brightening sky in the east. They were mere dots on the horizon from his current vantage point, but he thought he was able to discern the shape of a vehicle of some sort and maybe one or two figures. Or maybe, the desert was starting to get to him. Were they actually there or were his eyes playing tricks on him - a mirage?

For the briefest of seconds, Han hesitated and he subconsciously found himself tapping the brakes to decrease his speed. The swoop sputtered and began to slow, sand and dust billowing out in a cloud as the braking thrusters activated from the rear. But apparently Han had misjudged the mysterious figures in the distance and his actions proved to be a vital mistake. The figures turned out to be very real and by braking, he had just given away his position.

Without warning, a painful pop resounded in his ears and he suddenly found himself airborne. He thought he heard the sound of an explosion and shearing metal from behind him, but with the wind rushing past his ears, it was hard to tell. The horizon tipped sideways on a whim and then in the next instant, the ground was coming up fast. Clenching his jaw against the imminent impact, Han extended his arms outward in an attempt to break his fall.

He didn't fare too well. He hit the ground hard and ended up rolling several meters before coming to a skidding halt, effectively getting a face full of sand in the process. The force of the impact had sent the breath from his lungs in a rush and after lying still for what seemed like hours, he finally lifted his head and dared to look around, wheezing as he struggled to catch his breath.

The desert was barren around him and as he squinted up into the glaring suns, he saw no sign of the strange figures he had seen on his approach. The first thought to enter his mind was one of panic - what if he had dreamed this all up and he was starting to go crazy? What if he was stranded out here to die the slow death of exhaustion and dehydration? No, he couldn't let that happen! Spitting the sand from his mouth, he started to rise shakily to his hands and knees when he heard a voice calling to him.

"Captain Solo!"

Han froze, his muscles starting to protest under his weight, as he turned his head in the direction of the voice. A figure was approaching, his long hair flapping wildly about his shoulders as he trudged over the sand dunes to reach his position. He would recognize those long locks anywhere - it had to be Vos. It appeared as if the whole gang was here for round two. Convenient. "Are you alright?"

Was he alright? That was a good question. Slumping back onto his behind, he did a quick scan of his body. His breathing was finally returning to normal and he had a few scrapes here and there as well as some aches and pains in the joints, but that wasn't anything unusual for someone his age. In short, he was a little worse for wear, but otherwise alright. H

11. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'd like to know what the hell happened, though."

Quinlan let out a small sigh of relief. The man did seem uninjured. Quinlan decided it was best not to shock him too much. And if he knew Solo at all, he knew the man would not enjoy having to 'trust the will of the Force'

Before he could respond, Solo looked at the flaming wreckage of his speederbike.

"Somehow I don't think I can blame that on the nerf meat."

"No Captain. I don't think you can." Quinlan replied. He watched as the Correllian's eyes roamed over to Vader.

"Or that"

Quinlan could feel the man's anger rising. He knew the man wouldn't like the jedi's explanation.

"Who's idea was it to invite 'ole iron lung to this party?"

Quinlan made sure his back blocked Vader as he muttered.

"Me."

He waited for that to sink in before he uttered words he knew the smuggler would hate to hear.

"I need you to trust me."

He thought this Solo was the same old man that had been with the younger Han Solo and the younger Obi-Wan. But something seemed different about the old man. He couldn't place it and decided not to worry about it for the moment.

"We're trying to rescue Obi-Wan from the nebulans. It's a long story and one I can't explain while Vader is near. But I need your help."

Tag: Han

12. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

The female did not seem to like me laying the law down with her friend. She told him, ?You heard the big bad sith, come sit beside me my friend... it?s less crowded back here anyways, Vader needs the entire front for himself and that big deluded ego of his" I opted to ignore her pitiful attempt to get a rise out of me, especially since any feelings of superiority I had were very well justified.

When I destroyed Solo?s speeder, she said, ?Hey, don?t go hurting the man!? More hilarity from the Jedi.

I turned my attention back to her. ?Let us get something straight, because you will be spending quite a bit of time with me.? Indefinitely. ?If I wished to hurt him, I would do so, and there would be absolutely nothing you could do about it. The same, of course, applies to you and your friend as well. Pray that nothing makes me change my mind about that.?

After I ordered Vos to bring Solo to me while I guarded the female, I heard her say, ?Go ahead Quinlan, it seems Vader?s been watching the HoloNet show ?Galactic Friends? a bit too much lately, and needs a new buddy to chat with?

I nodded at her. ?I am glad that you wish to be friends. I would hate to think that you did not enjoy my company. That is liable to make me angry. Am I not a good host??

It was quite humorous to see Vos scamper after Solo, looking like a scared child. It would be even more humorous if Vos broke his neck running toward the other man. I could imagine him crying out in agony as he realized that he was paralyzed. How funny would it be when he subsequently realized that he was going to die alone and unmoving in the middle of the desert.

My attention came back to the female. ?Your friend certainly likes to volunteer people to face danger, does he not??

TAG: Siri, Vos, FOTJ Han

[I]?Master Yoda,"[/I] The Jedi Master smiled. The boy knew enough about the history of the Order to be able to correctly identify him. An excellent start.

[I]?Why did you help me?"[/I] Was there any other question that would be more important for this boy? The Jedi Master could sense the self-doubt that riddled the boy.

[hl=green][color=white]"On the path of darkness, with companions Hatred and Anger, you were. Taken another path you have, more brightly lit. Much better companions now you have. Help you get to the end of the new path I must."[/color][/hl]

13. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek
    Mos Eisely, House

"On the path of darkness, with companions Hatred and Anger, you were. Taken another path you have, more brightly lit. Much better companions now you have. Help you get to the end of the new path I must."

"But can I? Should I?" He said. Immedeatly, his crimes under the Emperor's illusion immedeatly came to mind.

Kazdan Paratus. Shaak Ti. Not to mention third parties who had the misfortune of being in his way.

Was there redemption for him?

?I did. . .horrible things under the dark side's control. . .I hope you can forgive me. . .? Galen said, his voice lowering as he turned away.

14. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Qui-Gon Jinn (and a little bit of steering Anakin and Leia, really just a tiny, tiny bit)
    ~Jabba?s stronghold~

Jar Jar gave him a huge grin after he first greeted Ben. A greeting that highly amused Qui-Gon. Had he just seen Ben escape one of the Gungan?s warm, but sloppy hugs?

?Good seen yous too, Master. Mui, mui,? Jar Jar said to him as he held his palms out to them.

So Jar Jar had learned some restraint? Interesting. He had to find a moment to ask him from what time he came and how his life had been.

After Ben had introduced Batman to Jar Jar, they all went back to Jabba?s huge audition hall they had made into their living quarters for now. On their way there Ben stepped up to him and whispered, "I think i dodged a bullet back there, i thought he was going to tackle me.? Qui-Gon had to suppress the laughter he felt bubbling up. It was good to know some things hadn?t changed when it came to his former apprentice.

?I thought it was a shame. Hugs are wonderful things and we all need them from time to time,? he teased. ?Maybe I should have a word with Jar Jar about that.?

Ben hastily said, ?Our little collection of people is growing indeed. I did learn from the best when it came to picking them up", he added, lifting an eyebrow and suppressing a grin. Running a hand through his hair, he continued, "As for my gray hair well, i feel the weight of each and every one of them today."

?You do look tired,? Qui-Gon said, still talking softly as well. ?Are you all right? I know you didn?t get any sleep last night. Maybe we should find some time to meditate after we have heard what Jar Jar has to tell us.?

"I have a feeling things are about to get very complicated,? Ben said, suddenly getting very serious. ?And i need to know you trust my judgment. I dont doubt for a second we're going to have to make tough decisions sooner rather than later, and some might not be of your liking." Before Qui-Gon could protest, Ben lifted both his hands.

"I'm not saying we're going to get reckless and go out there lightsabers blazing, Force knows i'd rather not, but you cant protect me forever? that?s not your job, Qui-Gon."

Qui-Gon?. Obi-Wan hadn?t called him by name often, it had always been ?Master?, the proper way for a Padawan to address his teacher. Qui-Gon suddenly missed the young man who had fought so often by his side, the one he had spoken to only yesterday before he became stuck in this bizarre reality. He would miss his knighting, he would miss seeing him train his own apprentice, he would miss so very, very much even if he did manage to get back to his own time. Because he would die?.

He suddenly grew cold. He would also miss a terrible war, a war this man had fought in and survived.

A war the Jedi had decided to become a part in, something he still couldn?t grasp his mind around.

?I do trust you, you?ve always been a much wiser man than I am, Obi-Wan,? he said just as serious as Ben had spoken to him. ?And you also have knowledge I don?t have, which I respect. But?.? He looked hard at the man beside him, wanting to make sure he got the message through he had tried to get through to his young apprentice only yesterday, ?while you have changed, I?m still the man I was when I trained you and the one thing I will never do is act against what the Force tells me.? To lighten the mood again, he added, ?Besides, we both know I?m the reckless one of us two, or you must have changed a good deal, former Padawan. And in that case I'm glad some of my lessons have payed off after all.?

Just then they entered the great hall. Qui-Gon didn?t see Leia or Anakin. A quick probe with the Force told him Anakin was still asleep and Leia was with her twins. He turned to Jar Jar.

?So, what is it that brings you to us, my friend?? he asked.

?Mesa smilin ta answer mui, mui quick.? Jar Jar said. His next words were released in a rush. ?Vader holden Vos und female Jedi, looken for Kenobi and oolltimate power.?

Looking f

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo (OT Era)
    House, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

The moment turned awkward and just as suddenly as he had appeared, the strange Jedi disappeared without saying another word. Han hadn't been too fond of the guy, or any Jedi for that matter, and seeing him go had been a big weight off his shoulders. Now relieved, he slumped back with a sigh, wiping a hand across his brow as he stared at the ceiling above. He didn't know what it was, but something about Jedi using their powers to heal someone didn't sit right with him. What if something went wrong? Then he would be worse off than just having to suffer from the pain of a blaster wound.

"Honestly Captain Solo, sometimes I wonder if you enjoy being in pain," the prissy voice of Threepio suddenly broke into the silence that followed the Jedi's exit. Dammit. He had forgotten that the droid had been nearby. "Clearly you are delirious with pain. I will see about fetching you more sedatives. You are in no condition to help Master Luke and Mistress Leia and we must hurry. Our chances of finding them right now have decreased significantly because of your injury. If you had only allowed that young man heal you, we could be on our way to rescue the others."

Now he was angry. The droid was getting too smart for his programming and there was only so much attitude Han could take. Maybe he should consider opening him up and uncrossing some circuits. That ought to fix the problem pretty quick. "Shove it up your metal plating, goldenrod. I'm fine."

The droid muttered something to himself and shuffled out of the room, his presence being replaced by that of the young Twi'lek. She was now standing in the doorway, jaw slack, as she stared incredulously in his direction. Great, just what he needed - someone to give him more flak. With a disgruntled sigh, he rolled his eyes and shifted his gaze away from Mission.

"You didn?t let the Jedi heal you?" she asked, still unbelieving. "Why ever not? Are you insane or something?" She paused to look around suspiciously. "Where is the Jedi anyway?"

Still refusing to look at her, he shrugged. "I don't know," he admitted truthfully before becoming cocky once more. "And maybe I am. You wouldn't be the first person to call me crazy. Besides," here he turned to finally lock gazes with the young woman. "You said yourself you don't trust that guy. What makes you think I'd be willing to let this same stranger heal me with his magic powers? There's something about him and I don't trust him."

TAG: Mission, Threepio, Others in house

[b]IC: Han Solo (FotJ Era)[/b]
    [i]Sand Dunes, Desert, Tatooine[/i]

Vos didn't miss a beat as he approached and he quickly positioned himself in such a way so that he was blocking Han's view of the Dark Lord. Before Han could protest or move around so that he had a better view, the Jedi began to speak. [i]"Me,"[/i] he said bluntly, referring to Han's previously unanswered question.

Placing his hands on either side of his gunbelt, Han tucked his head to his chest and blew out a sigh. He should have known it had been Vos' fault. The Jedi were notorious for doing crazy things - even moreso than Han himself. And living in a family full of Jedi for several years did very little to help him try and understand them. By this point, he figured it was just a lost cause. "That's reassuring," he muttered quietly under his breath.

[i]"I need you to trust me,"[/i] Vos continued, his eyes intense as he studied the aging smuggler.

"Trust you?!" Han sputtered, snorting indignantly as he started to whirl away from the other man. "After you go ahead and invite--"

[i]"We're trying to rescue Obi-Wan from the nebulans,"[/i] the Jedi pushed ahead, silencing Han's protests. [i]"It's a long story and one I can't explain while Vader is near. But I need your help."[/i]

Han paused, his irritation starting to ebb as his hazel eyes skirted across the sandy terrain beneath his feet. He didn't want to admit it, but the only person who seemed willing to provide a

16. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Ben Kenobi

It seemed that Qui-Gon was just as amused at Jar Jar?s tamed reaction as he was. ?I thought it was a shame. Hugs are wonderful things and we all need them from time to time,? he teased. ?Maybe I should have a word with Jar Jar about that.?. Narrowing his eyes, Ben mumbled, ?Very funny. If you?re so fond of his hugs, go ahead and volunteer yourself for them, but keep me out of it!?, he urged.

Turning back serious, Qui-Gon commented, ?You do look tired, are you all right? I know you didn?t get any sleep last night. Maybe we should find some time to meditate after we have heard what Jar Jar has to tell us.?. Ben said nothing, but he knew it would take more than meditation to ease his concerns right now. He had one of his very bad feelings about what was coming.

It seemed Ben had tried to get his point across to Qui-Gon, and just like that his former master was hitting back, ?I do trust you, you?ve always been a much wiser man than I am, Obi-Wan,? he said just as serious. ?And you also have knowledge I don?t have, which I respect. But?.while you have changed, I?m still the man I was when I trained you and the one thing I will never do is act against what the Force tells me.? Trying to remain serious, Ben replied ?I don?t expect any less of you Qui-Gon, you never listened to anyone but the Force anyways, and I?m too old to even try to change that?. To lighten the mood again, Jinn added, ?Besides, we both know I?m the reckless one of us two, or you must have changed a good deal, former Padawan. And in that case I'm glad some of my lessons have payed off after all.? Letting out a chuckle, Ben whispered, ?It was that bad influence of yours that got the Council to agree to let me train Anakin after they were against it, just as you suggested. I must say though, when it comes to recklessness Anakin has you beat, specially in regards to trying impossible stunts and making me end up in the healers ward. He was a very bad influence in me, I?m afraid?. Thinking back to some of his adventures with Anakin, Ben couldn?t help but let out a smile. At times he always wished his former Master had been around to see him loosen up. Truth be told, he managed to surprise even himself at times. Those were the good memories he treasured and the ones that got him thru the darker times, when his brother turned into the monster that he did.

Just as they entered the dinning hall, Jar Jar?s rushed words stunned Ben, ?Mesa smilin ta answer mui, mui quick. Vader holden Vos und female Jedi, looken for Kenobi and oolltimate power.?

It was even worse than he could have imagined. Siri and Quinlan were with? ?Vader!??, Ben exclaimed shocked. He looked at Qui-Gon and Batman, unable to hide his concern. It was evident now that was the reason Quinlan wouldn?t answer. And looking for Kenobi and ultimate power? That was something Ben didn?t even want to think about yet. Qui-Gon seemed as surprised, ?That doesn?t sound good, it seems the Sith wants to go after whatever has brought us here, but why would he want you for that??. Looking at his Master, he tried to explain, ?It?s not me he means, it?s my younger self from our last adventure? he was the one survivor out of our group and Vader must think he holds the key to outlasting the nebulans, if they?re the ones behind this new ordeal?.

Shaking his head, he once again turned to Jar Jar, ?Wait a second Jar Jar, you got away? why didn?t Siri and Quinlan??. Bracing for the worse, Ben hoped they wouldn?t have been foolish enough to actually volunteer going with the sith on this dangerous quest.

TAG: Jar Jar, Qui-Gon, Batman, Anakin, Leia

Siri remained unimpressed with Vader?s scare tactics so she ignored him when he once again tried to intimidate her. She focused her sighs on Quinlan, who seemed to be having a conversation with Captain Solo in the distance. Just as she let out a deep sigh, Vader spoke to her once again, ?I am glad that you wish to be friends. I would hate to thi

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC:Emperor Palpatine

The rising suns woke the Emperor from his meditation. He realized with distain that he had remained in this cave all night. Young Skywalker had not yet returned. Palpatine stretched out with the force, looking for the boy and finding him distant but still in reach. He was too far out of range to read, but Palpatine felt no fear or apprehension. His ruse seemed to have worked. So here he would remain until Luke came for him.

His commlink buzzed for attention and with a wave of his hand, the small black device was activated.

"Speak" Palpatine ordered.

"Master? This is Darth Maul. I think we need to talk."

Palpatine fell silent for a moment. So Lord Maul was here. This truly was an interesting world. And this power was indeed remarkable. He would enjoy controlling it. And Maul would prove useful in this regard. The man had been a blunt tool, but a useful one. His loyalty was unquestionable and Palpatine knew the man would follow his orders. And if he didn't, then he would easily be crushed. Maul lacked the intelligence or finesse of Dooku but he wasn't as powerful or cunning as Vader. He was a weapon to be pointed.

"Lord Maul. I am pleased by your miraculous return to the life. I have use of your...talents."

Palpatine paused a moment. He knew that his former apprentice could not be near Skywalker. He'd ruin everything.

"What is your status my apprentice? What have you to report?"

Tag: Darth Maul, no one else

[b]IC: Quinlan Vos[/b]

[i] "What sort of help? I don't wanna end up with another lightsaber through my chest."[/i]

Quinlan nodded his head. "Neither do I. But this is not the same Vader that betrayed us. I fear he may even be more dangerous than the one who silently assassinated our group."

Before he could say anything else, Siri shouted [i]"Are you ladies done talking? We need to get moving here!"[/i]

"She's right. We best hurry or Vader will grow suspicious"

Quinlan sighed and began to stand up. He reached out a hand to help Han up.

He continued talking low as they walked toward the speeder.

"We are heading to the Lars homestead. If we have more time, I'll explain everything."

He could see the speeder clearly up ahead. "I know how you hate it, but I trust the will of the force. It has guided me toward this path and for whatever reason, we must work with Vader if we are to find Obi-Wan."

Afraid to say any more without Vader overhearing, Quinlan motioned to the speeder.

"After you."

[b]Tag: Han, Vader, Siri[/b]

18. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as R2-D2
    Mos Eisely, House

The situation clearly spiraled out of control, now that the Jedi was gone. For soon Threepio displayed a...glitch in his programming.

"Honestly Captain Solo, sometimes I wonder if you enjoy being in pain. Clearly you are delirious with pain. I will see about fetching you more sedatives. You are in no condition to help Master Luke and Mistress Leia and we must hurry. Our chances of finding them right now have decreased significantly because of your injury. If you had only allowed that young man heal you, we could be on our way to rescue the others."

Now Han was angry. "Shove it up your metal plating, goldenrod. I'm fine."

Artoo followed Threepio as he went to get the said sedatives. He did not speak of the way he spoke to Master Han. For, maybe besides Threepio, Artoo saw the reason behind Threepio's outburst.

The same reason why he allowed the Jedi in. He knew that his healing would quicken things up. But unfortunatrly, their company was too fickle.

Now the Jedi was off doing who knows what, and he bickering continued.

They would probably be stuck here for much more time, it seemed.

The trek back would be uneventful...

...If something had not caught Artoo's eye. Even after all his years in operation, he was still curious. His photoreceptors looked out an adjacent window.

There, in the middle of the road, almost seeming out of place, were the charred, burned out remains of some sort of astromech droid, of unknown make and model (perhaps Threepio would know?)

"BEEP BOOP BRRAP BAWP." ["Look over there. I didn't see that before."] However, what was most interesting was that some parts remained intact.

Perhaps if he could get the visual logs....

"BEEP BRROOP BOP," ["I'm going to take a better look."]

Before Threepio could protest, Artoo was out, moving on his wheels to just outside the house, going over to inspect the remains further.

TAG: Threepio

OOC: Threepio can backtrack if he wishes.

19. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    OOC: Just to let everyone know, I am going to be in the Outer Banks for a week from 9/6-9/13 and will not have access to the Internet at that time, so, if anyone involved with my characters wants to slow things down even more, that?s perfectly fine with me. I don?t mind stalling to keep the inevitable conflict between characters from happening until I get back, but just be aware that if major events do happen during that week, I will not be around that week to respond.

IC Yoda- Force Ghost:

When the boy was told that the Master had to help him on his path toward becoming a true Jedi, the boy replied with, "But can I? Should I?? After a pregnant pause, the boy continued with, ?I did. . .horrible things under the dark side's control. . .I hope you can forgive me. . .? The last few words of the sentence might have been lost as the boy turned away and lowered his voice, but for Yoda?s large ears.

?Forgiveness easy is, if follow the path of a Jedi you do.? What Yoda had learned about Skywalker?s redemption on the massive battle station put the truth to that. ?Live with compassion in your heart you must. All the Force requires of you it is.?

TAG: Galen

[color=coral]IC Jar Jar Binks:[/color]

Master Jinn looked at Master Kenobi after hearing Jar Jar?s words of warning. [i]?That doesn?t sound good. It seems the Sith wants to go after whatever has brought us here, but why would he want you for that??[/i]

No! Jinn totally had the wrong idea, but before Jar Jar could disabuse him of that notion, Kenobi said, [i]?It?s not me he means, it?s my younger self from our last adventure? he was the one survivor out of our group and Vader must think he holds the key to outlasting the nebulans, if they?re the ones behind this new ordeal?[/i]

After thus explaining, though not well enough to allow Jar Jar to understand what the Jedi was talking about, Kenobi turned back to the Gungan and asked, ?Wait a second Jar Jar, you got away? why didn?t Siri and Quinlan??[/i]

Jar Jar did not look away, or down. If Jar Jar was going to deliver what would certainly be devastating news to the Jedi, the other man certainly deserved that courtesy. ?Vos nosa wanten ex scapen. Vos senden mesa, and senden udder Jedi ta Mos Eisley, for warnens. Vader nosa caren, nosa stoppen, wif Jedi hostages haven.?

[b]TAG: Batman, Ben, Qui-Gon[/b]

[hr]

[hl=black][color=white]IC Darth Vader:[/color][/hl]

She did not appear to appreciate my sarcasm, as she crossed her arms. [i]?I don?t think even you would be that delusional to actually believe I enjoy sitting here with you or that we?re best buddies. I tolerate you as much as you tolerate us, so make no mistake about it. Besides, you will do what you will, no matter if we act nice towards you or not, I?m not that naive?[/i] Her foot made a steady rhythm against the speeder?s floor. Impatience; a strange trait for a Jedi to exhibit. Usually, one could not shut them up about allowing things to happen in their due course. They loved nothing more than debilitating passivity.

?You are correct. As you well know, I care not for your comfort or well-being. And why should I? You are enemies of the Empire, sowers of chaos. You acknowledge this, and even celebrate it.?

When I told her how foolish Vos was to volunteer so many to this mission, she said, [i]?What can I say, he?s not the first reckless Jedi to live in the Order and I?m sure he wont be the last?[/i] She waved her hand around as she said this, as if she were speaking casually, as if every single word were not carefully picked for maximum impact. Politics was not a dirty word for the Jedi, despite what they claimed. She continued, [i]?Besides, we wouldn?t want to get bored here now would we??[/I]

?There are always ways to entertain oneself, if one has true mastery of the Force.? Duels against Jedi were the most fun, of course, but before ending up here, it had been years since I had h

20. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: i'll hold off on a Siri reply until Han can catch up :)

It was indeed as bad as Ben had feared. Jar Jar's answer was brief but said it all, ?Vos nosa wanten ex scapen. Vos senden mesa, and senden udder Jedi ta Mos Eisley, for warnens. Vader nosa caren, nosa stoppen, wif Jedi hostages haven.?The gungan stared directly at him when he said it too. He knew the danger of the situation and even though he was calm, Ben could tell he was just as concerned.

Taking a few deep breaths, Ben tried to calm himself. Getting angry at Quinlan and Siri wouldnt do him any good now. He would have words with them for sure the next time he saw them though. Of course Vader didnt care about Jar Jar leaving. He had Siri, and he was looking for his younger version. That in itself was a recipe for disaster, not only because if Siri's less than measured temper, but because the sith could use her as a weapon to manipulate Obi-Wan. Vader knew they were good friends, but... "If he only knew the depth of the feelings...", he whispered but stopped himself inmediately, as Batman and Qui-Gon were staring at him. Qui-Gon might realize the delicate situation. After all, he had been the one who encouraged him to walk away from Siri and their feelings in the first place, and had talked to Yoda about it.

Clearing his throat, Ben spoke to Jar Jar "Yes, i can imagine Vader was quite content with himself with Vos and Siri's willingness to go with him." At that moment though, he realized Jar Jar had said something else, "Wait a minute, who's the other Jedi Vos sent to Mos Eisley to warn the others?", he asked the gungan.

TAG: Qui-Gon, Batman, Jar Jar

21. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    Mos Eisely, House

?Forgiveness easy is, if follow the path of a Jedi you do. Live with compassion in your heart you must. All the Force requires of you it is.?

Yoda's answer did bring him a little comfort. To know that at least he was forgiven.

"So that's the key isn't it?" He understood, partially. One had to be at peace with oneself to truly embrace the light.

He had made the first step...now he just had to keep going.

And how he did want to be at peace. His entire return had brought him nothing but new doubts and new troubles.

Here was the opportunity. He no longer wanted to be a Dark Side acolyte. A secret apprentince in the shadows.

The Way of the Jedi would be what he followed from now on.

"I'm ready." His tone carried finality in it. Confident that this was the right path. "I do want to be a Jedi."

But now a knew trouble presented itself.

Where was he to begin?

"I'm sure you have some expereince in this sort of thing?"

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: Sorry for the delay, everyone. I had a rough couple of days here at home after losing my dog of 13 years. Things are finally starting to settle down, so I think I'm ready to jump back in here.

IC: Han Solo (FotJ Era)
    Sand Dunes, Desert, Tatooine

Han furrowed his brow with concern at Vos' report, shoving his hands into his pockets as he turned away to blink into the blowing sand around him. So, the version of Vader that stood before them now was not the same monster who had systematically ended all of their lives in the last horrible nightmare. They were either in very real danger or it could actually work out to their advantage. But for the moment, it was too soon to tell.

"Are you ladies done talking?" a clearly annoyed female voice issued above the slight howling of the wind on the sand dunes. "We need to get moving here!"

Squinting from the glare of the twin suns above, Han returned his attention to the small group of individuals gathered around the speeder in the distance. For the first time, he noticed the presence of a young, blond, girl among them. Judging from her commanding posture and the irritation in her voice, it had to be Siri. He should've known the little broad would be tagging along with Vos to find Kenobi. It fit her.

"Did you have to bring her along?" he muttered out of the corner of his mouth, quiet enough so that only Vos could hear.

"She's right. We best hurry or Vader will grow suspicious."

Han sighed and watched on hopelessly as Vos began to rise from the sandy surface. "Oh, no, we wouldn't want that, would we?" he grumbled sarcastically.

Still somewhat sore from the swoop accident, Han fell into step beside the younger Jedi, less than thrilled over the whole situation as they made their way in the direction of the speeder. This wasn't exactly what he had in mind when he decided to leave Mos Eisley to go exploring. He could possibly handle running into a Nebulan or two, but Vader? He had a bad feeling about this...

"We are heading to the Lars homestead. If we have more time, I'll explain everything," Vos continued in hushed tones as they walked. "I know how you hate it, but I trust the will of the Force. It has guided me toward this path and for whatever reason, we must work with Vader if we are to find Obi-Wan."

"I can think of more than one situation where the Force was wrong," he stated flatly, eyeing the Dark Lord ominously as he approached the side of the speeder. "And it got plenty of good people killed." He trailed off, his gaze going distant at the memory of the defunct Jedi mission several years ago to stop the Yuuzhan Vong voxyn. It had cost them several unnecessary lives, including his youngest son, Anakin. Han also had reason to believe that it was also the start of Jacen's fall to the Dark Side, but he had no way of proving it.

"Solo, Vos tells me that you know of these supposed Nebulans and their connection to Kenobi. You will help me find them," the raspy, mechanized voice of Darth Vader called out to him.

Han turned, now fully out of his reverie, to glare Vader directly in the eye - or, at least where they should be. "Really..." he began, feigning confusing with wrinkled brow. "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know about any Nebulans. I think you got some of your wires crossed."

TAG: Vader, Vos, Siri

23. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    OOC: I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. It's a terrible thing to lose a friend like that. I hope you are all right.

IC Jar Jar Binks:

After Jar Jar gave his report on how Vos had sent him off, Kenobi said, "Yes, i can imagine Vader was quite content with himself with Vos and Siri's willingness to go with him." Jar Jar nodded, but before he could pontificate about the foolhardiness of Jedi (all while ignoring his own recent behavior), Kenobi continued. ?Wait a minute, who's the other Jedi Vos sent to Mos Eisley to warn the others?"

Jar Jar shrugged. ?Ex squeeze me, mesa callen him Jedi, but hesa not claimen besa Jedi. Mesa callen all wif disa,? he pointed at the lightsaber on Kenobi's belt, ?Jedi.? He described the young human male to the Jedi.

He concluded by saying. ?Vader callen disa boie ?apprentice.? Boie nosa agreen.?

TAG: Ben, Jinn, Batman

In response to Yoda?s encouragement, the boy said, [i]"So that's the key isn't it?"[/i]

Yoda simply waited, saying nothing, with but a tiny smile on his face to indicate any response to the boy?s words. He wanted the boy to seek the path on his own, without guidance from the Master. Only once he kept his eyes on the present and did not obsess about the past could his training truly begin.

Finally, the youth seemed to steady himself. [i]"I'm ready. I do want to be a Jedi."[/I]

Yoda nodded, but the boy was not quite finished. [i]"I'm sure you have some expereince in this sort of thing?"[/I]

[hl=green][color=white]?Experience I have, but gain it from me you will not.?[/color][/hl] Before the boy could think to protest, Yoda continued. [hl=green][color=white]?Get all people in town to safety you must. Take them to Jedi you must. Seek out Kenobi you must. Train you [i]he[/i] will.?[/color][/hl]

[hr]

[color=white][hl=black]IC Darth Vader:[/hl][/color]

When he heard me order him to find Kenobi and the ?Nebulans? for me, Solo could only say, [i]"Really..."[/i] His brow furrowed in a pathetic attempt to appear clueless. [i]"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know about any Nebulans. I think you got some of your wires crossed."[/I]

What a pleasure it will be to destroy this man. My ire up to this point had been reserved mostly for the Jedi, but I could make an exception for this one. He had been rightfully drummed out of Imperial service, yet had continued to make a mockery of Imperial law, and now, he attempted to make a mockery out of me. How satisfying it would be to hear the bones of his face shattering. I might even use my fists.

I let the rage simmer for a while, building up in intensity. ?Come now, Solo. Your [i]Jedi[/i] friend has already betrayed you, so there is no use denying it. However, if you require further persuasion, I will be happy to oblige.? My real hand came up. A little bit of Force (pun intended) applied to the windpipe worked wonders for even the most stubborn of people.

[b]TAG: Han, Siri, Vos[/b]

24. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Vader kept on talking despite her showing no interest in what he had to say, ?You are correct. As you well know, I care not for your comfort or well-being. And why should I? You are enemies of the Empire, sowers of chaos. You acknowledge this, and even celebrate it.? Letting out an amused chuckle, she mumbled, "You bet your dark sith rear end i do". It was clear that both her and Vader were playing games with each other, ?There are always ways to entertain oneself, if one has true mastery of the Force.?Nodding she kept her gaze on Quinlan and Han in the distance as she spoke to the sith, "Indeed, and i'm sure Kenobi will agree with your statement... returning back from the dead and seeing your precious Empire crumble must have been something he wouldnt soon forget".

Siri could imagine Han wasnt exactly thrilled about his new situation, but it seemed Vos was on a roll when it came to getting people to agree to go on a suicide mission with Vader along for the ride. Slowly, both men made their way to the speeder where they were waiting. As they finally made it, Vader (to no surprise) spoke, ?Solo, Vos tells me that you know of these supposed Nebulans and their connection to Kenobi. You will help me find them.?Siri tried to surpress a chuckle as Han played the ignorant card. She could tell Vader was annoyed, and that made her very happy. Her smile faded as Vader spoke though, ?Come now, Solo. Your Jedi friend has already betrayed you, so there is no use denying it. However, if you require further persuasion, I will be happy to oblige.?Siri could feel the darkside swirl around her as she saw Vader's hand come up.

Trying to defuse a dangerous bomb at least for now, Siri turned to Vader, "We dont have time for this... we need to get moving and find Obi-Wan as soon as possible. We dont know when the Nebulans might strike and trust me, you dont want to be unprepared when they do".

TAG: Vos, Vader, Han (FotJ Era)

As Ben heard Jar Jar's reply, he became even more puzzled then he already was ?Ex squeeze me, mesa callen him Jedi, but hesa not claimen besa Jedi. Mesa callen all wif disa,? he pointed at the lightsaber on his belt, ?Jedi.? . Whoever the jedi was, it was someone the gungan didnt know.

Before Ben could ask anything else though, Jar Jar added, ?Vader callen disa boie ?apprentice.? Boie nosa agreen.? Exchanging looks with Batman and then Qui-Gon, Ben mumbled, "Vader had an apprentice?... this could be interesting". If Quinlan enlisted this person's help to warn the others, it must mean that he isnt on Vader's good side. He could be a good ally to have.

After a few moments in silence lost in his thoughts, Ben looked up and spoke to Jar Jar, "I appreciate all of this information Jar Jar and i'm happy that you got out of the Vader situation alive... i dont think i have to tell you how dangerous he is, do i?". Ben didnt know if the gungan knew who Vader really was, and that wasd beside the point. If he lived to see some of the Empire years, he was well aware of the sith's reputation as Palpatine's right hand. Trying to smile, Ben added, "I think we must let you have your rest and some refreshments now, i'm sure you're exhausted. If we have any more questions we can find you later". With a hand gesture, he encouraged Jar Jar to move along to rest.

Turning to once again look at Qui-Gon and Batman he whispered, "I think it's time for a more elaborate plan".

TAG: Batman, Qui-Gon, Jar Jar

25. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    Mos Eisely

?Experience I have, but gain it from me you will not.? Before the boy could think to protest, Yoda continued. ?Get all people in town to safety you must. Take them to Jedi you must. Seek out Kenobi you must. Train you he will.?

This new developement, this new switching of mentors, did not actually faze him, and he did not object. This entire situation seemed to take people from different eras in galactic history. He did not put it past it that Kenobi be here as well.

He then remembered Kenobi, hearing it before...were not Master and Vos and the blonde looking for him on their reconnaissance (if one could call it that) with Vader? Wouldn't Yoda tell them.

But that was simply a minor nuisance. He did not find the fact that he had to deal with that raucous crowd again all too pleasing.

He was quite the loner, he knew that, but dealing with them seemed to be beyond capabilities.

"But from what? The Empire? These 'Nebulans'?" he did not know much of the latter. Perhaps Yoda knew?

"And besides, they wouldn't listen me back there. They don't trust me..." he took a long look at the door sealing him off from the others. "And I DON'T trust them either. The only one I've ever seen is the astromech droid. What does that say about who I can trust?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.