main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [AU Tatooine] The Desert That Shall Not Be Named

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Coruscant, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Padme

The strangely dressed man appeared and Padme almost shot him. What was that dress trying to look like? A Mynock?
    But he tried to help. Tried to get help, at least. From seemingly nowhere came Siri Tachi, suddenly. She knew the Jedi Knight. Then she saw several other Jedi. An old man, who looked familiar. He reminded her of Master Kenobi. Then Master Tholme. Vos. And Dooku. She frooze. What was the renegade politician turned seperatist doing here? Had he brought her here? There had been rumors of an assassination attempt on her. Was it him? He spoke to a dangerous looking creature in black armor. Wielding a red lightsaber. She had seen red lightsabers. One, at least.

Tachi nodded to her. A guy with a hat appeared. Who had great resemblance with the guy who was blind. Everybody seemed to know each other. Except her. And the strong feeling raised inside of her she should not be here at all. And the man in black with the red sword was among them.

Quickly before Dooku looked towards her she placed the breathing mask before her face again. Then she watched the funny-dressed guy and Jedi Tachi bring away the stranger. The man with the hat was greeting people. And Padme reacted instinctivly. Letting herself fall behind she waited until nobody looked and leapt into the next door. The moment she was sure nobody was following her she began to run. Through the building, into the next one. she had to get into contact with the Senate. The Chancellor or at least the Jedi Order. Someone she trusted. She had to hear this was authorized. And not a terrible conspiracy.

Running she tried to get as far away from the assembly than possible.

Tag: Well, anybody seeing it except me waiting for a good moment or people wandering around in the streets

2. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: with permission :)

IC: Qui-Gon Jinn

~Outskirt of Mos Eisley~

Qui-Gon had slowed down to a brisk jog. He was hunting, speeder hunting to be precise. He had reached the edge of this strange town and still no Anakin, which meant the boy was somewhere out there in the desert. And that meant he needed to hurry. Even for a Tatooine grown boy the desert was dangerous, way too dangerous.

Ah, there. Yes, this one didn?t look like it would fall apart the moment he tried to touch it. Rusty for sure, but the ugly thing had something sturdy about it.

Ignoring the vague calls and commotion behind him, he jumped inside, shoved sand from the seat and the console, ignited his saber and made short work of the panel covering the starter. He pursed his lips as he looked at the jumble of wires in the darkness of the compartment. It had been some time since he?d high wired anything, usually that part of the job fell to Obi-Wan when they needed to tail it out of somewhere without proper authorization or means.

Obi-Wan?. With a pang he wondered if his padawan had already found out he was missing. And Anakin as well. What would he make of it? Would he be worried already? Hopefully not yet and hopefully he wouldn?t need to be. As soon as he had Anakin, he would find a way to contact Coruscant and the temple to let Obi-Wan know they were all right.

He pulled the wires carefully out and grinned when he got a better look. Oh, this model was even older than he?d thought, copper and silver wires only. Easy as falling off a log. Quickly he connected copper to copper and was rewarded with a sudden lurch upward of the ugly machine. Good, repulsorlifts were still working.

The turbine jets were more stubborn and it took way too many hiccups and coughs before they did ignite, just when he had decided he would have to go look for another speeder. Or enter the desert on foot.

But at last he was on his way and when he pushed the accelerator handle down as far as it would go, it turned out the monster had a lot more speed than he had given it credit for. Upgraded, obviously.

As usual the Force hadn?t led him wrong.

He had to travel farther than he had expected, but finally he was led to a moisture farm in the middle of nowhere, as old and dilapidated as the town had been. He felt a lurch in his heart for the boy, this was not a place he thought Anakin would like to be stuck in. But at least he wasn?t alone here, he sensed others, although they felt? strange. Embryonic?

?Anakin,? he yelled, jumping out of the speeder. He ran to the entrance of the dwelling. ?Anakin, are you all right??

TAG: Anakin, all

(Edit, OOC: have to sign off, more from me tomorrow)

3. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek/Starkiller
    Tatooine

Galen couldn't help but see the converstion between Tholme and...an old man. 'Master Kenobi?' he guessed. He certainly looked much older than the training program depicted him. But the visage was unmistakable.

'Probably think I'm some sort of Sith,'at that, Galen almost wanted to laugh. But the fact gave him great sadness as well.

It seemed that his time as Vader's servant had tainted him irreparably. He really didn't know how to be a Jedi, but it seemed his tenure as the hero didn't change anything.

He hoped that someday, he would change that fact. But for now he kept it buried inside. Like everything else of his past; parts he so desired to remember, but could not, as well as parts he wanted to forget.

He wandered off, branching off from the main group, not even interested in Vader. There was nothing to be done, it seemed.

However, that soon changed, as he saw a small woman in white, wearing a gas mask. Running right at him.

He saw it coming, and turned around. Before she could crash into him, he grasped at the lady's shoulders with a gloved hand, as gently as he could. It stopped her sprint.

For the moment.

As he gazed into her, her features surprised him. The complexion, the hair...

'I know I've seen it before...'

He shook it off. "Easy there. I honestly don't think a bunch of Jedi scared you that much."

TAG: Padme, Vader (I can only imagine :p ), anyone

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    Mos Eisley Streets, Tatooine

More voices sounded from above him and then there was some sort of commotion as someone touched him. The hand on his arm belonged to a woman and Han instinctively tried to pull away as she began to haul him up on his feet. It was no use and Han staggered, his hands splaying out wildly in front of him in an attempt to latch onto something for balance and support. For a moment, he thought he would be able to manage on his own but then his knees buckled and he fell forward into the woman, his hands grabbing desperately at her flesh.

Even through the awkwardness of the situation, she spoke. I haven't seen Leia, Han. I?m afraid not everyone is accounted for yet."

Han's lips pressed together into a thin line as the words felt like a sucker punch to his stomach. For the second time since becoming free from his carbonite prison, he felt like he was going to be sick. The news of the princess' disappearance was worse than the possibility of himself being in the clutches of Jabba the Hutt. He swallowed hard, forcing down the bile that was threatening to rise. "W-what do you m-mean....u-unaccounted for?"

And then another disturbing thought entered his mind - this woman had known his name. A scowl replaced his confusion as he tried to catch a glimpse of the woman's face. "And...w-who are you?" he spat.

More voices. More scuffling. Han did not trust these people and he poised himself unsteadily on his feet, ready to strike out at the next person who got near him. He may be blind, sure, but he could still sense the change in the air pressure around him as someone drew near.

"Lie him down gently," a new voice called out. "I'm going to attempt to cure his temporary blindness. His sight will return in time, but time is not a luxury we have."

Panic started to clench his chest once more as he opened his mouth to protest, now fully convinced that he was the brunt of some kind of cruel joke setup by Jabba. "W--wait...d-don't touch me!" he called out, trying to untangle his limbs from the woman. "I-I'm not part...part of your little p-party. Y-You're with J-Jabba, right? I-If this is b-because of the m-money I-I owe you..." He paused to allow a delirious laugh to escape his lips. "I was g-gonna repay you, but I-I got sidetracked! B-But I have it all. Every credit. I-In fact, I have double the a-amount I owe you. Y-You let me outta this mess and I-I'll even consider giving you...t-triple!" He brought a shaky hand up to touch his chest. "I'm the...best y-you got, J-Jabba. D-Don't be a fool."

TAG: Siri, Quinlan, Batman, Padme, Indy

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Cade hasn´t mentioned his second name yet, so the only thing indicating his heritage could be his power. Of which I haven´t shown any . . . just a note.

Cade Skywalker

The new guy was obviously lost. People began wandering around. Some still argued. Nobody did much, really. Some behaved as if they were better than him. But what did any of them do? They discussed that situation like younglings. Cade yawned and watched the Kiffu, Vos . . . he guessed . . . near the new arrival who threatened to beat anybody up coming to close. Unnerved of the mans scream Cade walked over pushed the man to the next wall.

"Calm down, will ya? Beat me and I shot you. Listen Solo. Here is a little summary of what happened so far. You have been frozen in carbonite and brought to Jabba by Boba Fett. Fett is dead. Jabba, too. And you have been set free from the carbonite. But frozen too long you are blind, now. Something we can change. And we all might need a little change here. And we might need your brain because you know what? Guys around here are Jedi. You know what that means? Without guys like us they´ll all sacrifice themselves like drunken Ranats. So will you let Mr. Vos here heal yah, or do you want me to give it a try. Because you won´t like my way. A bit." He sighed. Hadn´t even told a lie. Certain perspective bantha****. Turning to Vos he rolled his eyes.. "Try now." He smirked. Then he turned to the Jedi.

"I look for others. Looks like you have a good enough time debating." Bored and indifferent to their problems he turned to leave.

Tag: Han, Vos, others

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Regarding Cade's last name. Tholme and the others had spent time around several generations of Skywalkers (Luke,Anakin,Leia,Jacen etc.) so it's a familiar presence. At the moment Tholme is acting on a suspicion. Also, I had forgotten that DarthCobain had played Cade Skywalker so at some point we had come upon his body back in he other game. :p

IC: Quinlan Vos

Before Quinlan could even begin, Solo began to speak

W--wait...d-don't touch me!"

Obliguing, Quinlan stopped, moving his hands back to his sides. It would do no good to agitate the man, but they had to hurry. Someting was happening. Presences were moving towards Anakin and the twins. New beings were popping up. Danger was screaming at him through the force.

"Y-You're with J-Jabba, right? I-If this is b-because of the m-money I-I owe you..."

The poor man had no idea what was going on. Quinlan reached out in the force and found the same feeling he had around Vader. This was not one of the Executor Han Solos.

That complicated things.

"Captain Solo. I am not with Jabba."

"I was g-gonna repay you, but I-I got sidetracked! B-But I have it all. Every credit. I-In fact, I have double the a-amount I owe you. Y-You let me outta this mess and I-I'll even consider giving you...t-triple!"

"Captain Solo- Han. I'm a jedi. We've met..."

Quinlan trailed off. Technically he hadn't met Han. He'd met two other Han Solos on board the Executor but Quinlan had never met him.

A thought suddenly occurred to him. Hadn't one of the Solos mentioned running into an older version of himself on Tatooine long before he'd met Leia. But he wasn't sure if Solo had his name.

I'm the...best y-you got, J-Jabba. D-Don't be a fool."

"Captain Solo, we met once before on Socorro. Think back."

Hopefully this would easy the man's mind a bit. Quinlan let that sink in before he continued.

"I am a jedi and a healer. Please, let me help you."

Quinlan then watched as the man called Cade walked over and attempted his own persuassion on Captain Solo.

"Try now." he said.

Quinlan nodded his thanks but waited to see if Han would indeed calm down. He needed to be calm if this was going to work.

Tag: Han, any

7. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Padme

She was grabbed from behind. Without hesitation she whirled around, pushing the man away and pointed her gun at him.

"Easy there. I honestly don't think a bunch of Jedi scared you that much." The man said.

"Depends who they are answering to."
    She replied, breathing heavy from her run. Her voice icy and firm. She wasn´t intimidated. "I know about Dooku. Who are you all working for? Gunray? Techno-Union? Or one of these Sith?" She asked and held her pistol to the man´s head. Obviously this was a Jedi. He could easily grab it from her. But she wouldn´t go down without a fight. No way the Senator of Naboo would become a pawn the the Count´s games.

While talking she slowly moved backwards.

Tag: DarthSubZero

8. Aefernal_Fire

Aefernal_Fire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    This is going to be really, really interesting. Sorry this post is so long! Don't hurt me! I'm new! :p HK-47 coming later!

IC Boba Fett
    Geonosian Execution Arena

Everything in the arena had gone?quiet.

The sounds of the first battle of the clone wars seemed miles away above the rust colored earthen coliseum. The boy carefully held the helmet of his father in his hands and slowly touched his forehead against the sun-warmed metal.

He had watched his father die?impossibly cut down in the heat of battle by a Jedi.

The child set his teeth inside his jaw, shutting his eyes tightly, trying to keep down the sickened wave of nausea from the pit of his stomach from the sensation of the foreign weight in side the helmet.

The orphaned boy left footprints behind him in the sun-bleached sand stained with centuries of blood as he made his way to the body of his father?or at least the mandalorian he was cloned from. He set the helmet where it belonged at the top of the empty shell of his father.

He smeared his dusty sleeve across face. He was not crying.

The only being that had truly loved, and cared for him had been yanked out of his life callously in front of him, forever. His face was frozen in a cross between anger and the desire to ball like a weak baby. He did not cry.

It had all happened so fast. It wasn?t supposed to be this way.

The ?child? of Jango Fett knelt at his father?s side, and took the legendary bounty hunter?s arm. He held it there for a moment almost unable to continue, then pressed the disarm key on the underside of the gauntlet. The nine-year-old boy struggled to take off his father?s belt and holsters, resizing them to where they could almost fit. He struggled to keep from tears when his fingers fumbled with a difficult piece.

Boba Fett took up his father?s guns and slid them in place at his thighs. The sleek weapons felt heavy in his hands. His father died today?just minutes ago.

He got down on one knee, and pulled the simple metal blade hidden in the side of his boot. The blade clicked as it folded out from the handgrip. The sounds of the galaxy around him were sinking back into his eternally changed world. It was about survival now? He didn?t have time for a proper funeral.

He had to?the boy cringed, unable to move for a moment?leave his father behind.

Boba Fett struggled to lift the immensely heavy weight of his father with one arm and the side of his body, and taking the knife, quickly punctured the jet pack?s fuel tank. The lightning-blue colored liquid spread in a slow moving puddle around the body.

Kneeling at his father?s side, the child took the proximity mine from its appropriate pouch on the utility belt and placed it in his father?s gloved hand. He softly closed the fingers that would never pat him on the head, ruffle his hair, play starships, or show him how to calibrate a scope ever again around it.

He pressed the switch to arm the mine and slowly stepped away from the funeral pyre waiting for someone careless to come close. He tried to not cry.

A present for you dad, here?s to one less Jedi.

He smeared his dusty sleeve over his face again quickly?his eyes watered and burned. He didn?t want to cry. It was time to get moving, before someone took or destroyed his father?s ship and a way off this planet.

I?ll make you proud of me, father.

He thought to himself as he ran into the open gate leading to the arena beast cages and the maze of tunnels beyond, leaving everything that mattered in the only life he had known behind him.

I?m going to be the greatest bounty hunter ever.

?

Boba Fett clenched his teeth against the pain as he tried to pilot the Slave I through the mess of lights in the war-torn sky, holding the lightsaber burn on his left arm. The firespray class ship spun and glided through the clone trooper drop ships and fighters. Off in the distance he watched as a federation starship crashed down to the ground.

He ignored the hits cutting away at the shields, the hai

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    C-3PO

This was not going well. Master Luke seemed to be delirious. Perhaps humans experienced this when transported through time.

"Master Luke", C-3P0 said in an indignant tone, "I've run a full diagnostic on myself. Apart from needing an oil bath desperately, I assure you I am functioning at peak capacity."

The droid desperately looked around. He wished Artoo were nearby. He would know what to say to convince Master Luke. As it was, he would need to keep the young man from touching his circuits.

[b][color=darkblue][hl=grey]Logray[/color][/hl][/b]

Logray's prayers had been answered. The golden one had fallen from the sky to provide communication with Luke. However the golden one seemed confused. And so did Luke. Logray wasn't sure what to do.

He gathered that Luke didn't seem to comprehend what was going on. He asked the two ewoks if they knew the golden one. Logray nodded affirmatively.

[b]"And do you know me?" [/b]

Again Logray nodded. He turned to See-Threepio and said

"[You and your friends are the one who free us from the white menace. We are indebited to you]"

The golden one began to translate

[b]"Logray says that you and you're friends are the ones who freed them from the white menace. I believe he means the imperial troopers stationed on their home planet of Endor. Captain Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca and yourself participate in a strike team. Artoo and I are with you. We are captured by the ewoks who believe I am some sort of god. You gain their trust sir by levitating me with the force. Does none of this make sense to you sir? This is the battle where you defeat the Empire once and for all."[/b]

[b]Tag: Luke[/b]

10. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    Tatooine

Although he expected a surprised reaction, he was genuinely surprised when she pushed him away, he himself only taking a few steps back willingly, and drew a pistol. Nubian class.

"Depends who they are answering to." She replied, breathing heavy from her run. Her voice icy and firm. She wasn´t intimidated. "I know about Dooku. Who are you all working for? Gunray? Techno-Union? Or one of these Sith?"

Instead of some calming voice or some crap that Jedi seemed to favor, his face was stone, his tone serious. "You can believe what you want. But I know I do not serve anyone. Not anymore."

He took several steps to the side, his face showing no emotion as he spoke again. "I know barely as much as you do on this. Me, and most of these Jedi are supposed to be dead. I honestly do not trust anyone here as well. But I'm telling you now....you can trust me."

He still made no move to grab her pistol, physically or with the Force. It showed he had no ill will.

But his tone showed he had no intention of playing around, his arms crossed as he waited for an answer.

TAG: Padme, any

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea.... this is sleepy.

post from me tonight, i hope. least one character anyways.

:snoopy

12. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Padme

"I know barely as much as you do on this. Me, and most of these Jedi are supposed to be dead. I honestly do not trust anyone here as well. But I'm telling you now....you can trust me." He sounded firm, but showed no ill intent. If he would have wanted her dead, she would probably be by now.

Slowly she lowered her gun.

"I won´t trust anyone until I know what is going on here. But if you want to find out . . . help me. Let me go to the spaceport. From there I should be able to make contact to the outside world. Somebody must know what´s going on here." She sighed. "And I need to know. This all probably serves a purpose. If so, I doubt it´s a good one." Padme tried not to get to confused. They were meant to be dead? Was this afterlife? She wiped away such thoughts. she needed to warn the reupblic. No matter what was going on. They needed to know.

"I´ll go there, now. If I can trust you, you will let me go. And not tell the others." Padme said with a sad smile. And began slowly walking backwards. "I am Padme Amidala. By the way." She smiled again, this time more friendly. "I am the Senator of Naboo. If you did not know."
    And with that she turned around and began to walk towards the dome that housed the spaceport. At least she hoped it did.

Tag: Galen

ooc: I´ll be gone until tomorrow, now. Must sleep. Early here in Swiss.

13. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Yes, jawas are still right around, but they've been sticking to themselves ever since the "rapture" event. There's no longer any reason for them to stick around in any of the mosses (plural for mos?). Like the AU Sand People, they won't appear unless there's a determined intent by a player-controlled character to find them. One wonders how the jawas have been getting along since their primary livelihood- the acquisiton, buying, and selling of droids, scrap parts, and other assorted junk has fallen out from underneath them. [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

I'm almost done with page 4, getting caught up.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Daala
    Mos Eisly

There was an answer! A voice and it was...Of all the people on this retched little sand pit to have answer the other end! ARRRRRGHHH!

But he was a farmboy, at least once the war was set aside he always would be that.

Taking a few moments to collect herself and her thoughts she started talking once more, "This Daala Luke, guess we aren't the only ones to survive the Nebulans then. You wouldn't happen to know where Indy is? Or where you are exactly?" The last part had stayed the same as the rest, weary. Hopefully the kid would take the hint and let her off the hook a bit, hopefully he knew where the others were.

TAG: Sirak, Any on Comms

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001

As Han rambled, the other man struggled to get a word in edgewise. It might have been funny if Han wasn't so desperate to find answers. He was blind, lost in the desert and feeling helpless...what was he supposed to do? As he struggled to come to terms with his situation and form some kind of cognitive thought as to what to do to save himself, he was suddenly shoved up against the sand-blasted surface of a building by a pair of rough hands.

He grunted as his back slammed up against the stone structure and through a pained expression, he started to raise his fist to strike his assailant but he was too disoriented. His fist went wide and cleaved only air as the man who had attacked him started to speak.

"Calm down, will ya?" the man chided. "Beat me and I shoot you."

That caught Han's attention. Biting his lower lip, he allowed both of his arms to slump at his sides and he decided to listen for once. He was unarmed, after all, and it was never a good idea to challenge the guy holding the blaster. Especially when he was blind.

Listen, Solo, the man continued. "Here is a little summary of what happened so far. You have been frozen in carbonite and brought to Jabba by Boba Fett. Fett is dead. Jabba, too. And you have been set free from the carbonite. But frozen too long you are blind, now. Something we can change."

All the memories of what happened on Bespin suddenly came crashing back. Lando's betrayal, Vader's trap to capture Luke and Han getting turned over to the bounty hunter after his dip in carbon freeze. It was all too surreal for his liking and yet, it had all happened. So, the man's story matched up as far as he could tell...all except the part about Jabba and Fett being dead. He wasn't so inclined to believe that bit just yet.

"And we all might need a little change here. And we might need your brain because you know what? Guys around here are Jedi. You know what that means? Without guys like us they´ll all sacrifice themselves like drunken Ranats. So will you let Mr. Vos here heal yah, or do you want me to give it a try. Because you won´t like my way. A bit."

The Jedi? Here? That didn't make sense. According to Luke, all his hocus pocus brethren were all dead. That was one reason why he was so obsessed over becoming a Jedi - to continue the legacy or whatever nonsense he always talked about. It was all a crazy idea and the mystery man was correct about Han being the only sane person of the bunch. But if that were the case, then why was he so insistent to have a Jedi heal his eyes?

"I-I dunno, pal," he drawled, his voice starting to get back its usual confidence. "I don't e-even know who you are. Y-You may be right about some things, but it doesn't m-mean I trust you. B-But if it means I-I can see again...I-I'll take my chances."

TAG: Vos, Cade, Siri, Batman

16. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    Tatooine

He had to admit, his own explanation to the lady confused even him. He was not even sure the others were truly dead. He knew he was, he felt his spirit leave his body.

Did they survive Order 66? Were they from the future, like this 'Cade'? He shook his head at the myriad of possibilities.

What he did know, however, was that they're account of the story was just too farfetched. He did not trust them one bit. He was going to find out the truth for himself.

However, his thoughts were interrupted by the Senator's voice, now calm, and her tone pleasant, as she lowered her gun.

"I´ll go there, now. If I can trust you, you will let me go. And not tell the others." Padme said with a sad smile. And began slowly walking backwards. "I am Padme Amidala. By the way." She smiled again, this time more friendly. "I am the Senator of Naboo. If you did not know."

'Hmmm, a Senator.' Yes, he had seen many a senator. Usually when Vader asked him to kill their associates, or the Senators themselves.

Another taint in his past.

Yet this one was different. Despite the nagging feeling that he had seen her before, it seemed this one had purpose. Strong-willed.

The same attributes as the one he had seen..whose name eluded him.

He turned to look at Senator Amidala, and gave a curt nod. "You have my word." He watched her go.

However, before she left he called out to her.

"Senator." He now took steps torward her. "I believe it would be best that I accompany you." he pulled his hood up to help against the sand. "In case the...'Jedi' decide to follow you."

TAG: Padme, any

17. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Fantastic first post, Aefernal! However, just make sure you note that the Tatooine in this game is kind of on a different dimension. So we'll just assume that Boba coincidentally was in the process of marooning himself on the normal "Tatooine" when he blacked out and wakes up on the Tatooine of a different dimension. Next time you make a post, situate your character in Mos Eisley and wake him up so other characters can start interaction with him, because you only showed Boba blacking out and not waking up. None of us wants to god-mod. :p

We're off to a tremendous start here. Tri said... "this is Sleepy." And boy is he right. [face_laugh]

I will have an Anakin post up shortly!

18. Aefernal_Fire

Aefernal_Fire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    OOC: Already on it! :D Just wanted to get what I had written down before things got to far and buy me some time to catch up reading! Great stuff guys! "I think he needs to rethink his life." Thats awesome!

19. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Anakin Skywalker

Anakin Skywalker thought he knew, better than anyone in this galaxy, what deserts were like. He thought he hated deserts. He thought he hated sand. But it was nothing compared to the utter isolation and despair he now felt. This was the real desert. All he had for company were two little crying, screaming, fidgeting, messy bantha-fodder makers. Oh, yeah, they were his grandson and granddaughter, alright. Were supposed to be, anyway. He never received any real confirmation of that "fact." He found himself simply wishing that both of them had on/off switches on the backs of their necks, so he could just shut them off and then at last his unending loneliness would be made a little bettered by the absence of piercing cries and the odd stink-bomb every now and then.

Little Jacen emitted a particularly earsplitting wail.

"SHUT UP, YOU FETHIN' LITTLE WOMPRAT!" Anakin screamed at the stupid little, flesh marshmallow.

Little Jaina joined the chorus.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE FETH UP!"

Their combined noise echoed in the subterranean homestead, so a whole orchestra of Jacen and Jainas were clobbering Anakin's thoughts with their incessant groveling for attention. He couldn't even think. Couldn't even think...... except.... for how to.... take care of these.... acoustic disturbances.

Slowly, he stood up, the red lights of the indicator buttons on the computers near the droid bath illuminating his tormented face. He slowly withdrew his lightsaber.

Ignited it.

He looked down at it. Obi-Wan had helped him make it. It was a beautiful blue blade, the color of the oceans Anakin had always longed to see with his own two eyes. He laughed a little. What a joke, to think that. Of course the universe wasn't going to let him leave Tatooine. He was just a slave. And the universe was playing with him when it tantalized him with a feeling of certainty that at least he would leave and become a Jedi. He was becoming a Jedi... but then Obi-Wan disappeared over two months ago. Anakin had tried to find him. Nearly died of thirst in the process. But there was nothing to it. Obi-Wan was a goner. Not even Jedi could survive in the harsh Tatooine desert, even a stone's throw away from the nearest laughable idea of civilization that was a "mos."

He Force Leaped across the whole length of the room, landing just over the twins in their homemade cradles. The cradles Obi-Wan and Anakin had so tenderly designed and crafted. Rock-a-bye baby. The babies' little black maws gaped open at him, howling and wailing their endless song of sorrow.

He raised his lightsaber up, positioned in just a way so that he could bring it down with a sweep that would take care of two babies with one stone.

"Anakin!" It was a searching, urgent voice. Like Obi-Wan was speaking to him from the afterlife, urging him to find himself again before he committed this unspeakable act.

"?Anakin, are you all right??

That was odd. Why ask that? And it sounded so uncertain.

Lowering his lightsaber, Anakin realized there by the babies, almost too late, that it was Qui-Gon Jinn. He put his laser sword to his side and jumped up the stairs out of the room.

"MASTER QUI-GON! I'M HERE! WHERE ARE YOU?"

The joy and the hope and utter renewal in the stranger of a little boy's voice sounded so other-worldly.

TAG: Seremela

IC as Leia Organa Solo

"JACEN! JAINAAAA!"

She screamed out their names as though awaking from a nightmare, and indeed she sat up straight, blinking in the... intense sunshine. It was hot. Very hot. Hotter than the room had been when she had been pushing down the twins (quite literally, pushing them down and out).

The colors were very simple.

The sand was yellow.

The sky was blue.

And they met in a perfect straight line at the horizon. This was Tatooine. For all its harshness and remoteness, Leia felt grateful to be here. It was preferable in every way to that horrible place... it had been some kind of gh

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Quinlan Vos

Apparently Cade's way had worked.

"I don't e-even know who you are. Y-You may be right about some things, but it doesn't m-mean I trust you. B-But if it means I-I can see again...I-I'll take my chances."

It would figure that even blinded and half freezing that Solo would have to act like his smug self. Of course the last thing he would want was compassion from a jedi. Quinlan gave himself a mental slap. Well, he'd rectify that soon enough. He placed his hands on either side of the man's temples and concentrated through the force.

There He could see the damaged irises. They were already starting to heal. Quinlan gave them a subtle push, pouring in the strength of the force, and they began to heal rapidly. Pleased, Quinlan opened his own eyes and looked at Solo.

"Any better?" he simply asked.

Tag: Han, Cade, others

21. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Luke Skywalker
    Hangar

Yoda hadn´t prepared him for this. Always in the here and now a Jedi lives. Always aware of the present he must be.

That was hard to to follow this lesson, when he did not know when the present exactly was.

But all they said made sense. Within´ the strange logic of the situation. So was Threepio really from the future? Or was this the future and he was . . .

His beloved protocol droid had turned into a prophet. He would life long enough to defeat the Empire. Survive even that and outlife Chewbacca by several decades. Poor Chewie.

"I believe you." He finally said with a smile. "Which makes me even less comfortable with the situation, I must say." He added his last words and looked at the two Ewoks. "Ask them from what time they are coming. Perhaps they know more about our . . . situation, Threepio." Luke gave his trusted droid a sad smile. "And no more facts of my future life, please. I am not yet sure if I should know about such things." Maybe knowing would change the future. And the Empire survive, because of his knowlege and what it made him do. He couldn´t risk that. He couldn´t alter his path, if it lead to the Empire´s end.

Then the answer came. The woman seemed to know him. And she seemed to know more. Indy? Others? He sighed again. usually not his habit, this situation made him feel heavy.

"Ma´am. You have to confuse me with someone else. Erm . . . probably that´s me, too. I am Luke. But probably not the one who knows Indy. I have never met anyone with that name before. But me and some companions are the spaceport. The huge dome in the city-center. All main-lanes lead you there." He answered. Where did she know him from? At least she seemed no to be hostile. "Do you know what´s going on here?" he asked the nagging question right away. Waiting for a reply again.

Tag: Threepio, Mitth, Ewoks

22. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Cade Skywalker

He was just about to go, as Solo answered. The man was lost and frightened. He was also something like a hero to Cade. Hard to admit, but Han Solo had always been the most appealing of all those "ole´heroes" he had to hear endless stories about.

He turned again and returned. Cade patiently watched Quinlan Vos heal the man. Nodding to the Jedi he looked at Solo and lay his hand on the mans shoulder. "Sight getting better? Not much to see, I´ll better warn you." He gave him a dry smile. "I am Cade. I heard alot about you, Han. When I was a kid. And why you should let a Jedi do the healing? Well, you need some and they are pretty cheap, you know?" Cade said and laughed a bit about his own joke.

"Jedi. If you ask me, they have no clue what to do. This all is a set up. We need to find out for what. And whom." He looked at the Jedi in the backround. They hadn´t killed each other yet. At least he had one guy with some survival sense here, now.

Tag: Han Solo, Vos, others

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

The man known as Vos placed his hands on either side of Han's head and got to work. Still not entirely trusting of the Jedi ways, he flinched and started to retreat but in the end, forced himself to remain calm. He was light-headed now and he thought it might have been a result of whatever it was the Jedi was doing, but he soon scoffed at the possibility and shrugged it off. It was probably yet another symptom of being put into carbon freeze and would clear up soon enough. He was already starting to warm up, but then again, that didn't take much in this Tatooine heat.

Several seconds passed and the dull pain that caused him to be light-headed soon escalated into an all out ache which pounded in his ears. Han winced and closed his eyes, starting to squirm in Vos' grip as the Jedi continued to work...or maybe he was purposefully inflicting pain on him. That thought made him clench his teeth and he considered kicking the man in the groin to stop the madness when it was all over.

Vos stepped back and prompted Han to open his eyes with a simple question. "Any better?"

Han worked his jaw, still skeptical over the whole procedure, but willed his eyes open anyway. Much to his surprise, he didn't just see darkness. There was light and dark and shapes of various sizes and colors. He blinked his eyes once and squinted and sure enough, all the shapes and colors started to form into recognizable objects. It was still somewhat blurry, but at least he could tell the difference between a person and a building. It was an improvement.

"H-Hey, not bad," he remarked, blinking his eyes a couple more times as he gazed around at their surroundings. "I see a b-bunch of blurry shapes...but I-I think that's you." He gestured sloppily in Vos' direction.

An arm was draped over his shoulder then, the action drawing his attention away from the Jedi. He turned to face the newcomer, his impaired eyesight still making it difficult to make out the features of his face, but he could still tell the man was fairly young. It wasn't until he began to speak that he recognized him as the man who shoved him into the building and knocked some sense into his head.

"Sight getting better? Not much to see, I´ll better warn you," the man joked, offering a dry smile. "I am Cade. I heard alot about you, Han. When I was a kid."

Cade. The name didn't ring any bells and the fact that the kid had obviously heard lots about him was unnerving. Han hadn't done anything spectacular to earn him the respect and admiration of someone like him - especially in the timeframe he was referencing. His eyesight still wasn't perfect, but from what he could see, they were pretty close in age. How could he possibly have known him back then? Something didn't make sense.

"When you w-were a kid, huh?" Han repeated, raising his brow curiously before looking away. "You t-travel through time or something? I dunno about you, b-but that doesn't seem possible."

"And why you should let a Jedi do the healing? Well, you need some and they are pretty cheap, you know?" he laughed at his own joke before continuing. "Jedi. If you ask me, they have no clue what to do. This all is a set up. We need to find out for what. And whom."

This time, Han did smirk. The man had a point about that. "You got that right. The Jedi are bad news. I keep telling the kid that, but he don't listen. What's the point if you have to keep sticking your neck out to save his skin? I thought they had special powers to get out of scrapes like that. Guess not." He shrugged before returning his gaze to Cade. "So, you think the Jedi are behind this? What exactly is this? What's going on?"

TAG: Cade, Vos, Others

24. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

"Kill me? You replaced me. What did you plan to replace me as this time? I'm afraid Count of Serenno is a hereditary title, and my only other rank was Jedi Master... which, if I am not very much mistaken, should not seem very appealing. If anything, I should be trying to kill you, in vengeance for what you did to me. You weren't a very good Jedi at all, were you? And if you fail to recognise that gaining the tactical advantage in an uncertain situation like this trumps personal revenge, I'll be inclined to think you an even worse Sith."

He drew himself up. "Now, we can either endure each other, which you should be able to... given that you've been serving the man who ordered me on in everything I did to you, the one who orchestrated everything, or we can fight this out, and you can find out whether your grandson- boy named Darth Caedus- told me what your weaknesses are. I have already died, Vader. You're not going to intimidate me that easily."

With every word that Dooku spoke, I imagined a hundred different fates for him. ?Listen, you pathetic, doddering old fool. I am a truer Sith than you ever were. Do you think I did not see the look on your face in those final moments when Sidious ordered your death?? Laughter caused pain, but pain I could use.

?It appears that you did not understand the ways of the Sith, after all, does it not, if his tactics proved surprising to you? Did you think yourself his equal, just because of your title? You thought yourself worthy of respect simply because of who you were? YOU WERE NOTHING! A worm beneath Sidious? boot, to be stomped on at his leisure, simply because he willed it.? The saber never wavered from its purpose.

?It amuses me that you saw yourself as even registering in Sidious? thoughts, or in those of anyone else. No, fossil, I understand my place in the heirarchy, but I also understand how to rise above it, something you never even considered, and that is why you failed.?

I turned my attention now to Obi-Wan. Everything was turning out well. All of my enemies were lining up to be killed. ?You both failed. How does that feel?? I said nothing for a few beats.

Then, I deactivated my saber and placed it on my belt. I was not even going to dignify Starkiller's pathetic attempt at an insult. ?However, you are correct. It does me no good to kill those who could assist me in my task, and intimidation works best when there are no other options.? If they were able to help, I could kill them, resurrect them, and kill them again, as many times as I wished.

TAG: Obi-Wan, Dooku, anyone else interested

[hl=orangered][color=yellow]IC Indiana Jones:[/color][/hl]

He figured, now that all the drama had passed, he could get some questions answered. He went and stood next to his splitting image. Yes, definitely still unnerving. He tipped his hat forward (and when had he gotten that back:?) to block the sun from his forehead as he said, ?Han, do you remember me, at all? The twins?? Did the births not even register in his mind? Such a momentous occasion, scrubbed from his mind? Such a shame, not to even know of his children. It seemed arbitrary. Why did some come back with memories intact, and some did not. Some sick joke of the Nebulans, no doubt.

Indy couldn?t help nodding in commiseration with Han and young blond fellow. The Jedi were, if not bad news, at least detrimental to the normal development of society. When a minorty had ?magical powers,? how could others without such abilities not look upon their own accomplishments with disdain. Eventually, wouldn?t ennui rule?

He had to find Anakin, and this man, even if he remembered nothing, could be of help. He just had to figure out a way to get Solo away from the Jedi. He did not feel qualified to answer Solo?s questions about the state of the galaxy. But he could do [i]something.[/i] ?Do you need water?? The canteen sloshed as he pointed it toward his double.

[b]TAG: Han, Vos, Cade, others interested[/b]

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

Before Cade could answer his question, another man approached. Even with his hazy vision, Han could tell something was off about this man and he forced himself to do a double take. Sure, he looked kinda silly in the strange clothes he wore and the hat on his head, but that's not what concerned him. It was his face. Something was oddly familiar about his face and once he started to talk, Han couldn't believe his ears. That was his voice coming out of his mouth!

"Han, do you remember me, at all?" the clone, double or whatever he was asked. "The twins?"

Han just stared at the man, his jaw unhinged as he struggled to bring his features into focus. Shaking his head in a stupor, he purposely turned away from his double before attempting to speak. It was unnerving talking to this guy face to face. "Uh, n-no," he stammered, running a hand over his face. "But, uh...twins?" He forced himself to look the man in the face once more.

Was it possible for him to have a twin? It was a well known fact that he knew close to nothing about his heritage and it was certainly a possibility, but at the same time, the whole idea sounded ridiculous. Or maybe he was just going crazy. "Is hallucinating a symptom of carbonite sickness?" he asked no one in particular. 'Cause I'm seeing double."

?Do you need water?? his double asked again, holding out a canteen in his direction.

He eyed the object wearily, licking his chapped lips in the process and desperately wanting to snatch the canteen from the man's hand. But he was cautious. He still had no idea what was going on and he wasn't about to accept food or drink from this clone or twin or whatever he was. "I'm...fine," he lied instead, flashing a nervous smirk.

TAG: Indy, Cade, Vos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.