main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [AU Tatooine] The Desert That Shall Not Be Named

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Coruscant, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Tholme and Quinlan Vos

"You heard Tholme: strap the princess on to the back of the speeder and let's get moving"

Defeated, Quinlan obliged. He shed his outer cloak and wrapped Leia in it. He then gently lifted her onto the back of the speeder and began to tie her securely to the vehicle.

Tholme watched Quinlan do this, making sure that everything was secure. It was then that Vader marched over.

"She goes nowhere unsupervised."

At this Tholme's turned around to see Vader pointing at Leia.

"She has just attacked an agent of the Empire, and thus, is being placed under arrest as per Imperial law."

With Quinlan already on board, Tholme gunned the engines and began taking off toward the outskirts. As he passed Vader, he shouted

"Sorry Skywalker! No room in this speeder! But there's plenty in the hanger!"

Tholme didn't bother to hear Vader's reply and instead shot out of the town and toward the location of the children.

Tag: Ben, Vader

2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    OOC: [face_laugh] @ Vader. I can just see the big hulking Sith Lord left behind in a sudden cloud of dust.

IC as unconscious Leia:

Given the hurried nature of Vos's escape from Vader, Leia's legs fell from the speeder and both her feet dragged through the sand on either side of the end of the speeder bike. Leia wasn't going to be happy when she woke up to discover that her favorite walking shoes were reduced to strips.

3. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Qui-Gon Jinn

~Lars homestead~

"I don't think I'm cut out for parenting, Master." Anakin said quietly. "I don't think I'll ever have any problem with the whole no spouse, no children thing for Jedi."

?Ah.? Qui-Gon managed not to smile. This was obviously something that had touched Anakin deeply.

?I don?t know how long you were alone with Jacen and Jaina, Anakin, but I can assure you, babies can get on everybody?s nerves, even their parents'.? Now he did grin. ?I remember cursing them and thinking the same thing when I was on crèche duty during my Initiates days. Especially on night watch, when some of them just wouldn?t stop crying. A baby?s cry can be very penetrating, especially a Bhotak or Wookie.?

TAG: Anakin, Batman, Dooku if he wants to answer the call

4. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Anakin

And Anakin would have to make sure Qui-Gon never found out just how much his own grandchildren had penetrated him! He shoved those thoughts to the back of his head.

"Can I have my lightsaber back?" Anakin asked. "Ever since Master Obi-Wan disappeared, I don't feel safe without it."

TAG: Seremela, minch

5. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008

~Lars homestead~

Qui-Gon frowned when Anakin brought the lightsaber back up. He took it from his belt and looked at it. It was definitely a lightsaber designed for the hand of a child.

"I can understand your need for some protection, Anakin, but I have to be sure you really do know what you're doing with it. I know what you told me," he looked at the man leaning against the door post, "and what he told me as well, but please understand, I saw you only yesterday at Coruscant, walking away with Queen Amidala of Naboo, fresh from Tatooine."

Qui-Gon put away his comm, letting go of the notion to try calling Dooku again. If his former master had wanted to answer, he would have. He would try him or Tholme again later.

"The babies are comfortable for now and asleep, so let's go outside and you can show me what you can do." He stood and gestured for the man in black armor to preceed them.

"If you don't mind?" he asked politely, but it wasn't really a question. He wasn't going to let someone he wasn't sure he could trust be alone with these babies, who were under his protection now as well until he found their parents.

TAG: Anakin, Batman

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Daala
    Mos Eisly

Shaking her head, and wondering if there was a large vat of alcohol anywhere nearby Luke suddenly had a 'feeling' and it was time...to wait just like any other dealing with a Jedi. Even the prepubescent ones.

"Factor in a race called Nebulans that have interdimensional abilities that include the force, and that matter and energy are mere play things to these beings although they are localized to a single nebula in the universe. Then factor in the number of nebula's in the Universe and the probability isn't as far fetched."

Turning slightly she looked at the Ewoks, "Do remember what happened after I left?"

TAG: Sirak, Ewoks, C-3PO

7. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek/Starkiller
    Tatooine

This desert never stayed quiet, it seemed.

A screech, powered by the Force most likely, echoed throughout the dunes. He saw several speeders pass by.

By then, he had dampened his presence, so as to escape detection from the others.
    He did not want to be found by this bunch..until he learned more, at least.

"Are we getting close?" Galen asked, patiently. He was actually fond of the lack of ruckus here, with Senator Amidala.

TAG: Padme, any who wish to do anything

8. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

These Jedi were playing a dangerous game with their flippant responses, testing my resolve, flouting Imperial authority. However, I said nothing as the vehicle left me behind. Not yet. The time is not right.

I entered the hangar and saw a variety of speeders arrayed before me. I immediately found one that suited me. The Jedi obviously had no idea what they were doing if they had looked at the selection before them and left this one behind. Typical.

I would beat the Jedi to their destination and make sure that the prisoner transfer went smoothly. As I traveled, I began to sense something eminently disturbing. Was that . . . him? Skywalker? Here? It was strange to sense it from outside yourself, an echo from a wretched past, best forgotten. It was like trying to pull yourself out of the water using only your arms.

I pulled up to the dwelling, noticing there were already some speeders outside, but not the one on which the Jedi rode. Excellent. I stepped out of the vehicle, but did not get any closer to the hovel. I put the speeders at my back and waited for the Jedi to make an appearance.

TAG: Anakin, Batman, Qui-Gon, anyone else

9. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Kreia

(combined post with SirakRomar who approved this)

Since her blindness she had become more aware of many things. Physically and in the force. She had listened to the men and woman who had gathered here. Been brought to this place. They blamed the Nebulans. Fools.

It was the force that had allowed it to happen. The force that had ignited the chain of events. The force was in all living things. It guided them. It enslaved them. In many ways. Therefore enslaving the living was coming closer to the force.

She could not feel the galaxy anymore. As if it had not yet unfolded. It wasn´t her world. It was different, this planet.

Obviously the Exile had defeated Darth Nihilus, as she had foreseen. The galaxy had survived, the Sith had fallen and resurrected again. The endless cycle had begun anew.

Skywalker. The name had been mentioned several times. The others seemed yet to be unaware of another Skywalkers presence. The boy was hers. She made herself known. Through a subtle ripple in the force. So the boy would think he had spotted her. Then she stood up and put her hood deeper into her face. Slowly leaving the ceiling and make her way down of to the street.

As the boy came around the corner, he lips curled to a dry smile. "You won´t need your weapon, young Jedi." She said in her deep, serene voice. "I am Kreia." She then added.

The boy looked at her. Finally holstering his pistol and hanging his lightsaber back to his belt. "My name is Luke Skywalker. I am still an apprentice." he introduced himself. Then she felt his looks upon her clothes. The robes. She still wore the robes. "Are you a Jedi?"

Kreia
    smiled. Simple views. It reminded her of her Exile. "I have been many things. What I am? The answer depends on the perspective. I am a guide. That is what I consider myself."

Luke nodded without understanding. "But I feel the force in you."

Kreia´s smile vanished and she became serious again. "A guide must see." She simply replied. Then before he could say another word she raised her hand. "I know your most burning question. I can only tell you what I have learned, as I am neither responsible nor volunteeringly here. Though I accept my presence here. As I accept the guidance of the force." Her words spoken and every tone strengthened by the force. She finally raised her head revealing her eyes. Blind they stared at the young Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker thought about her words for moment. Good. Maybe remembering the lessons his teachers had given him. About the will of the force. Unknowing he was already accepting her teachings.

"I have found some others. Ewoks, they call themselves. My protocol droid and an imperial Officer. They wait in the hangar, nearby. I was about to try and contact someone outside." He explained. "You should join us. We do not know what dangers are in this ghost town." He explained.

"Of course." Kreia only responded and nodded. Having Luke Skywalker lead the way.

Tag: SirakRomar

[b]Padme[/b]

[b] "I think it´s around the corner, over there."[/b] She said and sighed. [b]"This dress was made for space. It´s a little warm for desert-planets."[/b] Padme Amidala explained. Looking at the speeders hurrying away she shielded her eyes. [b]"I wonder what they do. This could be some sort of weapon the separatists developed. Probably a mystical one. That would explain the many Jedi present." [/b]She mused. [b]The Chancellor[/b] would know. Or at least [b]Master Yoda[/b] and [b]Master Windu[/b].

As they turned around the corner a strange group of people stood there. Two were small furry creatures. Then a golden droid and finally a woman in an unknown uniform.
    "Hello, I am Padme Amidala from Naboo. This is Jedi Knight Galen Marek. We have been stranded here. Does anybody of you know what has happened here or why we are here?" She asked, stretching her hands away. Her blaster now holstered. Showing her peaceful intent to peo

10. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Galen Marek/Starkiller
    Tatooine

Galen stiffened somewhat when the Senator called him a Jedi Knight.

Despite having...experience, with Jedi, too much, he might add, he was far from ready for that. To be truly a servant of the light, after being in the dark for so long.

He did not recognize any of the people assembled. A golden protocol droid, two furry creatures. And a woman in uniform...

...a uniform all too familiar for him.

'Imperial...'. He did not seem to recognize her, not remembering from the myriad of officers and pilots he had seen.

He had nothing to fear though. His existence as a Sith apprentice was known to only two; Darth Vader, and the Emperor. As well as the group who accompanied him on his travels.

Yet he was still wary, being careful not to show it.

But now his gaze focused to the brown robed woman, as well as a blonde adolescent.

He quickly noticed their lightsabers, and their affinity in the Force.

The blonde one was strong, as much as him, perhaps even more...but largely untrained. He was good-willed, in the light. Not a threat.

But the brown robed, aging woman, who had stark white eyes, 'Blind perhaps,', perplexed him. She hiding a good amount of her power, and she seemed to be in a grey area...with a shade of darkness around her.

Much like himself.

He kept his quiet, giving only a curt nod in response. He had his hands on his hips, and he asserted his presence in the Force, albeit limitedly.

TAG: Padme, C-3PO, Logray and Wicket, Luke, Kreia, anyone else

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC I did a lot of summarizing here. I hope this works for everyone.

IC: Han Solo
    Hovel, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

The heat was starting to take its toll on him now. He was still cold and clammy from the carbonite and yet, sweat was beading up on his forehead and causing the shirt to cling uncomfortably to his back. He was almost certain that wasn't a healthy sign. It didn't help that he was exhausted, his head hurt and he was most likely dehydrated. Those were a deadly combination out here in the desert and the reason why he didn't argue when Cade started to lead him out of the sun and into the shelter of a nearby building.

The sudden contrast in light from the sun-baked streets to the cool shadows of the hovel caused his eyesight to waver again, everything becoming a dark blur as he stumbled inside and tripped over something lying out in the middle before finally being guided into a chair by Cade. A muffled grunt issued from his lips as he settled down and wiped a hand across his brow. "Hey, thanks. Now I know why I vowed never to return to this dust bowl. It's murder out there."

He heard the sound of someone settling down near him as a flask of water was thrust into his direction. This time he didn't hesitate. Reaching out for the flask, he brought it to his parched lips and began to take gulping sips of the cool liquid as Cade started into a conversation about hyperdrives and engine calibrations. Well, that wasn't something he was expecting. A small smirk found its way onto his lips as he lowered the flask and sat a little straighter, suddenly feeling much better.

"Wanna know my tricks, huh?" he chuckled a bit and shook his head. "Ever hear of a guy named 'Doc'? The guy could work magic when it came to calibrating a ship's hyperdrive. In fact--"

A female voice suddenly broke into their conversation, it was the same voice that belonged to the woman who had tried to help him out on the street. He appreciated her concern and everything she had tried to do for him, but now wasn't the time to talk about Jedi business. And of course, as soon as the subject was breached, there was no going back. Han simply sighed and settled back once more, closing his eyes as he started to give into his exhaustion.

"I know it?s a shock to see somebody who looks exactly like you staring back at you outside of a mirror," his own voice suddenly broke into his thoughts. Han groaned and reluctantly opened his eyes to see his double hovering over him. Of all the times for his eyesight to get better, why did it have to be now? "How do you think I felt when it first happened to me? At least you had the basic underpinnings of a society you were familiar with upon which to fall back. I was pulled from a time so far back in the past that my planet probably doesn?t even exist in this time. Earth? Terra?"

The man was rambling now, the names he was listing making no sense at all. "Huh?" he muttered with lifted brow, staring at the other man like he was sprouting horns out of his head.

"Anything?" the man asked again, sounding desperate this time.

"No."

"The world I left had no space flight, no weapons that discharged light, no beings from another planet, and certainly no men and women with seemingly magical abilities."

This was getting ridiculous now. A thin smirk started to stretch across his face as the man continued his strange tale.

"I made a study of you while we were together during the incident, and you remained relatively inscrutable, in most ways that mattered. One thing I did learn: you are intensely loyal to those you care about. And you do care, despite the act. I saw it. I saw how you were willing to die to protect those babies. Your babies."

Han laughed this time and started to push himself forward. "Babies, huh?" he snorted and shook his head incredulously. "Sorry, pal, you got the wrong guy. I don't have any kids and I don't need you going around spreading any rumors. I have enough to worry about without having to throw that into the mix, got it

12. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC:The Batman

Anakin seemed to be hiding something. Batman had spent enough time around his own wards to know that much. But he was not close to the boy. He knew that the boy was destined for great things. Things that not even Qui-Gon yet knew about and perhaps ,for now at least, could not know. So Batman remained a silent guardian. His gaze flickered between the entrance he had just come from and the interior of the home where the Solo twins were now resting.

"The babies are comfortable for now and asleep, so let's go outside and you can show me what you can do."

Qui-Gon motioned Anakin towards the door and turned to the caped crusader

"If you don't mind?"

Bruce Wayne had heard that tone many times before from his butler and friend Alfred Pennyworth. It was a tone that said 'I am not really asking. I am telling you what to do.' And Bruce had spent far too much time learning that he would indeed do as he was told when a situation such as this arose. He began to move away from the door when the whine of a speeder caught his attention.

He motioned for Qui-Gon and Anakin to stay put. Then, very slowly he retreated back up the steps toward his speeder. It was possible that the jedi had finally arrived. But it was also possible that their enemy had arrived first. Batman moved quickly toward his speeder to see who had just arrived. He would not let any harm come to these children. Even if it cost him his life to do so.

Tag: Qui-Gon, Anakin, Vader

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: C-3P0

The protocol droid could see that Admiral Daala and Master Luke were uncomfortable with learning too much about their future. But the poor droid couldn't help it. It was his programming. He was designed to talk. It was his primary function. Suddenly Luke moved away from the group. Threepio attempted to follow but the ewoks incessant chatting made that hard to do.

"Master Luke! Wait for me!" Threepio cried.

Threepio shuffled towards the area Luke had just vacated, intending to follow when he nearly bumped into a young man and a woman that looked very familiar.

Because of the way they were designed, droids could not properly convey all range of human emotion. But anyone watching could see C-3P0's photoreceptors brighten and his body recoil in shock.

The woman started to talk.

"Hello, I am Padme Amidala from Naboo. This is Jedi Knight Galen Marek. We have been stranded here. Does anybody of you know what has happened here or why we are here?"

"By the maker! Mistress Padme! You're alive!" Threepio blurted out.

She was a bit younger certainly. But she was most definitely Padme Amidala Skywalker. She already confirmed as much. It had taken years for the GFFA technicians to restore the damage caused by the memory wipe Bail Organa had ordered, but thanks to Ghent and Artoo's undamaged memory, C-3P0 had regained most of his memory dating back from his birth at the hands of Anakin Skywalker.

The protocol droid was curious. How had so many beings arrived at this place? And many were not from the same time period. Threepio could tell that Padme was not yet pregnant with his future Master and Mistress. She was not yet dead. It was then that Threepio regretted mentioning Padme's current state in his time. Perhaps he had better take advice that Artoo Deetoo had given him on more than one occasion: lie.

Tag: Padme, Luke, Daala, Galen, any

14. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Indiana Jones:

The captain laughed when he heard about his recent past. "Babies, huh? Sorry, pal, you got the wrong guy. I don't have any kids and I don't need you going around spreading any rumors. I have enough to worry about without having to throw that into the mix, got it?"

Indy wasn't surprised at the apparent bravado, but he pressed on, mentioning that he had a proposal. "Well, that all depends." The other man took a long drink, obviously for dramatic purposes. "Before we even think about your little proposal, I wanna know who you are."

"Of course, introductions would seem to be in order, at least on my end. My name is Doctor Henry Jones, Jr, though people call me Indiana. I am an archaeologist and anthropologist by trade. As I already mentioned, I come from a planet that, in the parlance of the country upon which I was born, was commonly known as Earth." He squared his shoulders and continued. "I can't even begin to imagine how far in the past my present was, but obviously, everyone I knew, everyone I cared about and trusted, is dead."

The words hung there, stark and ugly, but what could he do? He needed to gain this man's trust, and a streetwise man like this would have to respect honesty. After all, how often would he receive it from his business associates that weren't big and hairy?

"You might not want to believe it, but you and Leia Organa had married . . ." At this point, he paused and added, "Do you know her? Anyway, you had married her and when she and I crossed paths, she was very, very pregnant. You and I, among others, helped her deliver your children. A beautiful little boy and girl. The two of you called them Jacen and Jaina. It was not a good environment in which to bring new life. You can thank the Nebulans for that. You might meet one of them sometime. Hope that you don't." Indy had heard the Jedi theorizing that this might be yet another Nebulan game.

"In any case, as I was saying, I lost everyone I ever cared about when I came here, but, ultimately, I found that there were people here that needed my help. There's but one other I could trust with this mission. I have to protect Anakin Skywalker. I have to keep this boy out of the reach of the corrupting influence of the Jedi. Can you understand that? This boy who apparently becomes Darth Vader, all because he cannot live up to some philosophy of perfection, a philosophy that is ultimately self-defeating. What do you say, could you help?"

TAG: Han, Cade, Siri

15. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Count Dooku

Making his own way along in following Tholme and the others, Dooku couldn't help but reflect on the fact that Vader had not believed him, and relish the knowledge that he could be there to say 'I told you so'. It was no more than Vader deserved. In fact, it was considerably less, but it would have to do.

As he travelled, he pondered Qui-Gon, who'd been there only briefly to speak to him. This version apparently did not know what he had become. He was not looking forward to having to reveal that. He'd watched that realisation cloud the eyes of his former Padawan once before, on the ship. Now, he would have to do it again.

Dooku sighed, and piloted the speeder he'd picked, finally reaching his goal. Stepping out, he approached the building, where the black-caped Batman stood, seemingly on guard duty.

Tag: Batman, Qui-Gon, Tholme, others

16. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

I watched Dooku arrive and stepped in front of him. "I see that you finally made it. Even you beat the Jedi here. Now, since you seem to know so much about what is going on here, tell me the importance of this place? But be warned, the first lie I hear, I will cut the conversation off." And your head. But I knew that wasn't true. He was still useful to me. I walked yet further from the hovel and the presence that had just stepped out of it. The echo abated somewhat.

"Who is here that knows how to resurrect? What do they have planned for us?" I looked at the old man before me. "How do we destroy them?" Or make use of them?

TAG: Dooku, Batman, Qui-Gon

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: The Batman

Batman was careful not to make a move. First Vader had arrived. Then Dooku. The dark knight wasn't force sensitive, but he could feel the tension between the two men. Things could get ugly very fast.

"Anakin" Batman called loudly, "Close the door and stay close to Qui-Gon."

Batman reached for several devices in his belt. He would not last long against Vader. In fact, he had already lost once before. But he could at least help Dooku buy time until reinforcements arrived. He walked closer toward the sith lord, making sure that he was directly between Vader's path to the children.

"You are not welcome here. This home is under my protection." Batman said, the tone in his voice making it clear that Batman wasn't someone to trifle with.

Afterall, the dark knight had one advantage. He knew what Vader could do. He knew his opponent and he was prepared. Vader, on the other hand, had no idea who Batman was or what he could do. Which meant that his overconfidence could be exploited. Undoubtedly the dark lord had written him off as nothing more than a nuisance. He would soon find that to be a mistake.

Tag: Qui-Gon, Anakin, Dooku, Vader

OOC: And with that, I am off until noonish tomorrow. Veloz can move Logray and Tholme/Vos as necessary.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    Hovel, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Han frowned as the man made his introductions. Indiana Jones. The name didn't seem to ring any bells but then again, he didn't really expect it to. He was basically talking to a clone of himself from another time...a more, sophisticated clone at that. It made him question whether he really did get released from his carbonite prison or if he was still in that suspended hell and witnessing yet another nightmare. He furrowed his brow and looked away as Indiana continued on.

"You might not want to believe it, but you and Leia Organa had married . . . do you know her?" the man began cautiously.

Marry?! Han nearly choked on his own breath as the words left Jones' mouth. It was impossible to think of the princess and himself settling down together in marriage. Sure, a lot of things had happened on that month-long trip to Bespin - they were a stronger couple, even had the workings of a real relationship as a result and finally, the princess had dared to express her love for him. But even with all of that going for them, marriage was still only a tiny spark somewhere in their distant future. It was too soon and at this point in time, Han didn't want to hear of it.

But then again...

"So, she finally falls for me, huh?" he blurted instead, a cocky smirk replacing the look of horror that was previously etched on his face. "I guess she really meant what she said then. A princess and a guy like me. Wait till the kid gets a load of that." He trailed off, another thought suddenly occurring to him. He turned to look Jones straight in the face. "Wait, does that means...she's here too?"

But Jones wasn't done. He started to rattle on about the princess giving birth to twins and some strange adventure involving Nebulan creatures. Han's brow rose incredulously once more, spearing Jones with another gaze that suggested the man was crazy. The idea of him still being stuck in the carbon freeze was looking to be more promising than the alternative. "You're kidding, right?"

"In any case, as I was saying, I lost everyone I ever cared about when I came here, but, ultimately, I found that there were people here that needed my help. There's but one other I could trust with this mission. I have to protect Anakin Skywalker. I have to keep this boy out of the reach of the corrupting influence of the Jedi. Can you understand that? This boy who apparently becomes Darth Vader, all because he cannot live up to some philosophy of perfection, a philosophy that is ultimately self-defeating. What do you say, could you help?"

And there it was - the proposal. This strange man, who could pass as his twin, was asking him to help him stop the rise of Darth Vader. It would never work - Vader was too powerful. The man had singlehandedly captured, tortured and sent him into a frozen hell in a matter of hours. They didn't stand a chance and going after him would be suicide.

And yet, he had mentioned a boy. Anakin Sky--Skywalker? Han swallowed a lump that was forming in his throat. If he was a Skywalker, then that would mean...

"Wait, let me get this straight," he scoffed, gesturing with his left hand. "Anakin Skywalker? As in, Luke Skywalker? The kid's related to iron lung?"

TAG: Indy, Cade, Siri

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: dear god you people are INSANE!

anyways, i'm FINALLY jumping in and kinda gonna be doing my own thing for like two posts with the joker, will join with others after... other than pops and gramps (as i've dubbed the eldest solo). we're gonna do our own thing for a little bit, and then wreck havoc on the desert.[face_devil] that to say, please don't bombard me with tags yet... as for tarfang... unsure where to stick him right this second.

IC: Han "Pops" Solo
    A Bed/ Somewhere in Mos Eisley

Groggy, Han woke up in his bed with Leia laying there beside him. Whew. Thought I was going senile there for a minute. Never gonna eat spicy nerf sticks before bed again. Least that's done with. Not bothering to open his eyes, Han rolled over, put an arm around Leia and kissed her on the cheek... only to feel what was definitely a five o'clock shadow that was rather obviously masculine in nature. The lack of breasts and other softness pointed to it not being his wife there next to him either.

Jerking back over to his side of the bed, praying desperately to whatever powers that be that it was someone from his era laying there next to him Han had precisely one thought run through his mind: Oh hell. Suffice to say he was no longer groggy but the eyes still refused to open. The possibilities were just too devilish for him to even want to. Especially since he had noticed that this was not his bed, and it was most certainly not on the Falcon or in his and Leia's apartment. For one thing the air was way too arid, and for another everything smelled of dust. A certain kind of dust that he was all to familiar with from a long, long time ago.

After an interminable amount of time Han decided he had to. Cracking one eye open he saw that it was indeed a dusty old brown walled building, no pictures anywhere on the wall and the furniture was of decidedly poor quality and rather sparse. In fact there was a desk and two doors and that was it. It would figure that one would be a closet or some such, and the other should lead to a hall if standard procedure was followed. But he still couldn't see who was next to him. Solo had made sure to open the eye away from his bedmate.

Muttering softly to himself about all of the things he would love to smash right about then, Han opened his other eye and saw another version of himself, only this time older. "Ah hell." It was really all that needed to be said, and now he was gonna have to explain to himself why there was another one of him that wasn't a clone. That should be fun given the situation. Then again maybe he should wait to see what the other Solo did before deciding the situation was hopeless?

Sitting up Han waited, mentally dubbing the older Han "Gramps" just as the younger version of himself had dubbed him "Pops" what fell like a decade ago.

TAG: HS29

:snoopy

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Daala
    Mos Eisley

She hung her head slightly at the mention of a Jedi Knight, having Padme here, a clueless one, was bad enough without more of it's kind.

"C-3PO, I tire of sharing my tale, keep talking and relate it as well as the resulting deductions." She stepped away from the small group and looking around took a seat on the ground with one arm on her raised knee and the other propping her up from behind as she spotted the young Luke returning with another individual carrying the trademark weapon.

It's as bad as before, she mentally sighed, force users multiply here. Pity they aren't dissappearing from the rest of the galaxy.

TAG: C-3PO, Padme, Luke, Kreia, Galen, Any

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: Let the insanity begin! Muwhahaha! [face_devil]

Han "Gramps" Solo
    Bed, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Somewhere between the delicate balance of sleep and wakefulness, Han Solo responded to the tender touch of the arm snaking around his neck and shoulders. It was a comforting touch and one that elicited a soft moan as he stirred and ultimately turned his face away from the pillow. Sleep had always been a rare commodity for the Solos and yet, Leia always seemed to know how to coerce him out of it. More often than not, it was a sharp slap to the thigh to get him to stop snoring, but on special occasions, she knew how to pull the right strings. Tonight was one of those nights and no matter how tired he was, he couldn't be angry. After all the trouble they went through on Kessel, he figured this was the least she could do.

"Mmph--Leia..." his muffled words were rough and scratchy with the effects of sleep, but they still initiated the desired response from his wife. The distance closed between them and the sensation of her lips pressed against his roughened cheek as she kissed him.

With one simple touch, the hardships and worries of the past several years were all but forgotten. And in this state of bliss, he was reminded of what really mattered in this galaxy and why he had fallen in love and married Leia in the first place. Nothing could quite compare to the special bond they had together and as they got on in years, that bond only seemed to get stronger.

A goofy half-smirk was evident on his face as he leaned closer, bringing his face within inches of hers and returning the kiss with one of his own. The flesh of his lips met stubble and he froze in place, his eyes immediately snapping open.

What in the Nine Hells...

Even through the dull light filtering into the room, he was able to make out the grizzled features of...himself? No, this couldn't be happening. Leaping back faster than what seemed possible for a man his age, Han gagged and spat in an exaggerated fashion before finally calming down long enough to stare his double in the face. Why did ghosts from the past always decide to haunt him at the worst possible time? Or in this case, it was a nightmare resurfacing 40 years later.

"Maybe Leia was right about eating all that nerf meat," he remarked quietly to himself, still keeping an eye on the other Solo. "It really does go to your head after a while. I haven't had this dream in a long...long time."

TAG: Pops

22. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: yes, i know this breaks the rules... but i really don't care. enjoy.

oh, also this is NOT the joker from the previous game. since i have no clue what happened with him i'm not even gonna try that.

IC: The Joker
    Some Back Alley, Mos Eisley

Ever turn a corner and have no clue where you are? Ever get the feeling you're not even in Kansas anymore? Ever decide to chop off someone's finger and hide it in the pudding? Yea, I didn't think so. I've done all three. My favorite is the face after someone finds the finger, generally after a bite or three. Watching someone's face go from baffled curiosity to mounting horror is a great moment. It always brings a chuckle. The other two? Not so much. Especially when turning the corner while being chased by Batsy boy and then running headlong into som foul smelling dumpster in a now dusty alley. Gotham has no dusty alleys. I know, I've been in pretty well all of them at one time or another. They're all slimy and dank, loaded with homeless people that need a laugh.

I would note that this is also nowhere near as large of a place as Gotham. Seems somewhat vertically challenged. But it does have the smell down to an art. Never thought I'd miss that noxious soup Gothamites call air. If I had a ladle I could practically spoon it into some unsuspecting skunk scent and show it how to cause a stink. But this? This made that seem like some kinda flower. A pretty flower that squirts acid in unsuspecting little faces. Melting faces...

Where was I?

That's a really good question now that I think about it. This sure don't look like no place I've ever seen or even heard of before.

Uh... what was that? Looked kinda small to be human, eyes were a bit too shiny at that. And what's with the robe? You'd think we were in a desert or something.

I wonder where I should go. Guess one way's as good as another. Maybe get out in the sun and see what's what maybe?

Going from near black to sudden sunshine can kinda screw with one's eyes, and the Joker was no exception to that. Having been running yet again from the miserable Bat and his miscreant little hooligans when one turns a corner in Gotham one fully expects to stay in Gotham, but for some reason this turn was different. Slimy brick walls gave way to dust and slime coated tanish stone things that seemed almost to reflect the light from the twin suns back at him. [i]Wait a second, why'm I seeing double? Bats hit me in the head one too many times or something?[/i]

Looking around there was your typical alley stuff, dumpsters, dumped junk, dumped people... well the remnants of dumped people. Certainly there was that distinctive odor, only this was almost as if it had been concentrated into a liquid, fermented and then sprayed via aerosol. Inspite of himself, the long pointed nose wrinkled almost as if it had a mind of it's own and wanted to burrow it's way into the pasty white face. Not that Joker blamed it.

Deciding to take his schnozes advice, he headed down the alley towards the sun and saw something that was like a midget, in a cloak with some shiny ruby eyes glaring out at him. It was almost as though he'd disturbed the thing or something. Putting a finger in each ear, wagging his hands and then sticking out his tongue, Joker wobbled his head making a decidedly un-civilized noise.

The creature chattered at him in some language he didn't understand so he gave it a raspberry.

Tiring of that quickly, he continued on his way, catching the sound of voices off in the distance. They weren't terribly loud, but in the eerie stillness pretty much any sound carried much farther than it should have. Unless it was covered by the suddenly rising wind which carried a disturbing amount of grit into his face. Muttering to himself about needing to spill some blood to stick things down Joker headed off towards them, wondering what fun he might come across in this seeming ghost town.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: NO ONE[/b]

[hr]

[u][b]IC: Han "Pops" Solo[/b][/u]
    [i]A Bed/ Somewhere in Mos Eisley[/i]

[

23. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008

~Lars homestead~

The Sith, the one he had seen in the town, was outside. And the man who had been with them did something which at last proved to Qui-Gon that in this they were on the same side. He had moved to intercept the dark menace without hesitation, calling out to Anakin to close the door and stay with Qui-Gon.

Brave, but foolish. This man wasn?t a Force sensitive and what he was facing definitely was a Sith, no matter how unbelieving the Council had reacted to his suspicions.

The one time he had encountered one himself, here on this same planet, he had nearly been skewered.

Making a quick decision, following, as always, what felt right, he shoved the lightsaber he had found Anakin with in the boy?s hands. He would do whatever it took to protect the children, but experience had taught him you could not always foretell what would happen and it didn?t feel right to leave Anakin defenseless.

He was glad to see his former master had arrived as well, that definitely made the odds better.

?Do as that man said and close the door,? he told Anakin, ?we?ll deal with this.?

He quickly went to the black clad man and stepped up beside him. ?This one?s suit looks even more uncomfortable then yours,? he whispered as he took out his lightsaber and readied himself for battle. He would have preferred to warn the man away from this fight, but somehow he didn?t think his advice would be heeded. The fellow came over as far too stubborn for his own good. At least from this position beside him, he would be able to protect him.

?This home is under my protection as well,? he said. ?And frankly, I don?t think Master Dooku will let you harm anyone either. You are outnumbered here.?

What he felt from his master disturbed him, but that would have to wait. His focus had to be on the Sith right now.

TAG: anyone around

24. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Luke Skywalker
    Mos Eisley, Spaceport Hangar

As he returned, the strangely patient and calm woman with him, Threepio had obviously met new arrivals. A woman of stunning beauty and a man wearing a lightsaber. The man had something imperial about him. Luke did not know why, but he felt a little like Vader.

The woman introduced herself as Padme Amidala. Threepio had a strange outburst calling her Skywalker. Obviously he was damaged in a way. He smiled at her, trying to overcome his shyness. Tatooine had not been a place where he had met many beautiful woman. The only one he had ever met had been Leia. He wondered if she was someone from his future? Would he marry this woman? If so it would be most irritating to meet her beforehand.

"Stop it or I´ll shut you down, Threepio. As I said, we don´t want to know our destiny." Luke said in an unusual sharp tone. "He is obviously damaged. I am Luke Skywalker. Commander of the Rebellion." His gaze wandered to Daala, the Imperial. "This is Kreia. She is a . . . guide." He was unsure how to introduce him. He turned to Galen Marek and smiled. "You are a Jedi?" He asked him. At least they had one, now. Even if this man did not feel like Obi Wan Kenobi or Yoda had. Neither did Kreia. Were Jedi from other times so different, probably?

Tag: Galen, Threepio, Ewoks, Padme, Kreia

[b]A´Sharad Hett[/b]

[b]Home.[/b]

He recognized the air of [b]Tatooine[/b] before he could even realize the absence of Coruscant. The warmth on his skin made him tremble. It had been so long.

[b]Home. [/b]

[b]A´Sharad Hett, Son of Sharad Hett[/b] opened his eyes and smiled as he saw his desert. His familiar surrounding. Speeder charged away from him. And suddenly he felt a burst of presences forcing into his perception. He was still not used to the absence of his mask. The sun burned on his skin. [b]Master Tholme[/b]? An elder man.[b] Vos[/b]. An unknown woman. Speeding away from a city. Mos Eisley? That seemed to be abandoned. With a sigh, he realized he would have to deal with this very soon. But not yet.

Turning to the desert he sat on the ground and shoved his hands into the sand. Feeling it´s heat causing mild pain. He had no problem with absorbing it. And a grin appeared on his face, as he gave himself to the force.

It was different. [b]Tatooine[/b] was different. Yet it was still the same in so many, many ways.

[i]Home. Sort of. [/i]

He raised himself. There was no hint of urgend danger in the force, but he preferred to be prepared. Both of his lightsabers whirled into his hands. Not igniting, but his fingers on the activation button. [b]"Hello? Anybody here?"[/b] [b]A´Sharad Hett [/b] shouted into the desert. Into the town. Into the force.

[b]Tag: All who were left behind in the town when the Jedi&Sith raced tothe Lars Estate[/b]

25. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Kreia
    Hangar

The many faces of this game had added two more to this. A woman, beautiful. Surely most desired. Kreia tried not to show her disgust for this. And she was connected to her boy. Even though they were not yet aware. Kreia looked up for a moment, as she was called Skywalker. Another Skywalker. Not his sister, for sure. His lover? No. They were not of the same time, obviously. As in Luke Skywalker´s time the Republic had finally ceased to exist. Maybe his mother. Or even Grandmother. Kreia stayed silent on that matter, but turned her face to C-3PO. He spilled too much. Ruined the power of unceitanty that lay over this scene. The second arrival was much simpler to read. A warrior. Drawn between light and dark. Much fear, hatred and lack of personality in this one. A weapon. Someone had trained him as one. Much less effective than Sion or Nihilus, she thought. Then again, maybe much easier to control.

"You are a Jedi?" Luke asked the other man. Eager to find more, was he? While this planet was crowded with them, by now. She wondered why so few Sith had arrived here. Then again, some of the late arrvials were most . . . interesting. Her lip curled and before Galen could answer she spitted a "No." Looking up she smiled. "He is not a Jedai." She added. And reached out to Galen. Telepathy had always been easy to her. So she intruded his mind without any hostility.

You have been trained as something completely different, haven´t you? For a much darker purpose I assume. Don´t worry. Your secret is safe.

Her concentration retruned to Padme Amidala. Why was she here? Technology, of course.

"Luke, you should try to make contact with the outside world, now. I am sure someone of Madam Amidala´s standing has allies to call upon. And save us from this . . . unsolved mystery." She hissed.

[b]Padme[/b]

The elder woman was creepy. In her own way insightful, but altogether an enigma. Wearing the robes of a Jedi she was verym uch unlike other Jedi Amidala had met. She couldn´t really imagine her and Obi Wan getting along. [i][b]"No, he is not a Jedai!" [/b][/i]The woman claimed. He wasn´t?
    [b]"I apologize. I had assumed . . ."[/b] She looked at [b]Galen Marek[/b]´s lightsaber. What was he then? Instinctivly she stepped on step away from him. Sith had lightsabers, too. [b]"He wore the weapon of a Jedi, so I thought he would be one. I apologize if I insulted you, Galen."[/b] She said and then turned to [b]Kreia[/b] and [b]Luke[/b]. The boy was staring at her. Making her slightly uncomfortable. She did not show it. Something was so familiar about him. The droid had even mixed their last names? Or was the droid knowing something?

Indeed it wasn´t good to know such things.

[b]"I´ll accompany you, Jedi Skywalker. I indeed have some allies that might be useful." [/b]She smiled. [b]Panaka[/b]. Once he knew where she was he would hurry here and get her.

[b]"Maybe we should prepare to settle us here and wait for the Republic to pick us up. All we know is that a group of Jedi has met with powerful political beings, among htem a former Jedi called Dooku, on the other side of this city. We don´t know what their plan is, or what happened here."[/b] She then suggested to those present: [b]"We must preapre to deal with any thread that may come from their alliance."[/b]
    Turning to [b]Daala [/b]she gave her a smile. [b]"You seem to be a soldier of some rank, maybe you could organize our stay here until we return?"[/b] She asked. It was important to give everybody something to do.
    [b]"And we´ll need water. I got the feeling your companions," [/b]She pointed to the furry creatures,[b] ". . . can find water."[/b] She smiled to them to. Obviously they were wilder, more uncivilized creatures. [b]"And you should rest, old woman. It can´t be easy for you in this heat."[/b] She finally adressed [b]Kreia[/b]. Who returned her suggestion with a simple nod. Then, before goign away with Skywalker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.