main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends (AU) (Wraith Squadron) Why The Force Not? [3-7]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Trickster-, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Greetings! Well, I decided to post my little AU pilot adventures that are technically correct in most points. It's mainly the relationships that have changed. Oh, and ages of characters have gone back a bit. Just an FYI. It's very very AU in that respect.

Author's Ramblings

I'd first off like to give praise to George Lucas and his amazingness with Star Wars. If everyone could please join me in a moment of silence? *Room goes silent* Thank you! Now, onward!

Second, I'd like to make it known that all of this stuff did happen in a role playing game called the Core Worlds (http://www.geocities.com/tricksterjainasolo) that is based on the one and only, Star Wars Universe!

And lastly, I'd like to also make it known that, while she didn't actually help me write the story itself, a dear friend of mine has played a big part in it, mainly because she plays at The Core Worlds. Her characters include (but are not limited to) Nicola Afyon, Bror Afyon, Face Loran, Tyria Tainer, Kell Tainer, Mirax Halcyon, Jagged Fel, Wedge Antilles, and Wes Janson.

Thank you now for reading and putting up with my ramble! Without furthering my adués, here is Why The Force Not?

CHAPTER ONE - Adra Tallon

Adra paced absently in her room in Wraith headquarters. She knew through the Force that Nicola was down in the lounge with her Jedi Master, Bror, and Gaeriel was debating with Cloud and Vana over a useless topic. Jade was off doing her own thing, of course, and Kell was talking with his sister, Tyria. Thracia wasn't even on this side of Coruscant; she was on the Jedi Council and had a meeting today. Asyr was reading a datapad in her own room; and Face...

Adra sighed mentally, making sure she was using the Force to block any of her thoughts providing 'free information'. Garik, the Face, Loran was head of Wraith squadron and, consequently, also the person she found herself in love with. Although Jedi technically weren't supposed to marry, the New Order was much more lax on the rules. They had allowed Jedi Master Luke Skywalker to marry ex-Sith Tahiri Daragon. Not only did he marry her, the two of them had three children... one of whom married and their only son dating Vana Sage.

Leia Organa Solo, however, was a different story. Not only was she married with four children, one of them- Jacen to be precise- had married ex-Sith Celtic Wesell. Celtic and Jacen now had three children of their own- in similar fashion to Luke's youngest daughter's two.

Though she was only 19, Adra Tallon had been a Jedi Knight since she was 14- a relatively young age for a Jedi. Somehow her cynical sarcasm had managed to be checked long enough for her to pass the Jedi trials. After she had passed, she'd bought an X-Wing, reprogrammed it's computers, and then joined up with Vanguard squadron. After having managed to prove herself exceptionally well as a pilot, though by no means as good as say Wedge Antilles, and even better as a computer hacker, she had volunteered for Wraith. And with Wraith, she'd had her 19th birthday... and developed her love for Face.

Only Nicola knew... which was a mercy in some ways. Nicola had long since been her friend, obvious by Adra's current position of twic in Nicola's Wild Knights squadron.

Her thoughts returning to the present, she had hardly noticed as her slender form sank into the chair near the window. Her X-Wing, the Suprosa, was out on the landing field next to Cloud Ritril's and Nicola's.

Thracia Cho Leem nodded grimly to Masters Yoda and Windu. It was information time again for Wraith squadron. She was walking toward the Temple's hanger bay, fiddling with her comm's frequency as she went. She had been talking with 'Goddess' Solo earlier, but that was a different frequency all together. Finding the right one, she nodded to the following Master Yaddle, then spoke.

"Wraith Lead? Eleven speaking," she stopped speaking, waiting for his reply.

"Poster Boy here; what's up Jedi Girl?" Face's reply was hardly more than a standard s

2. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    It's Adra and Nicola again! And Face without Dia! *cheers*
    I still loves these chapters even if lots of other people don't appreciate AU stories. Hey! Au, that's the symbol for Gold! Whoa!

Alright, I'll shut up now and go on in my search for caffine.

:Targeter:

3. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Can I say one thing? - Oh my, Targeter, oh my. *Shrugs* So you saying we should go ahead with posting our insane AU?

4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    hey trickster i really liked that keep it up

5. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Chapter Two - Cloud City

A large open spot was the destination. Face had pointed it out to himself and the rest of the Wraiths flying. Adra looked towards the other X-Wings as they arranged themselves in a semi-formal assembly.

Face's voice came over the comm., his expression neutral. "There, let's land the X-wings there and, with any luck, Computer Girl can hack into their communications." Face's X-Wing touched down, landing smoothly on the far left in the 'field'.

Adra smiled slightly at the reference to herself and hacking, and she nodded an unseen nod by way of response. "Sounds good to me Poster Boy. Hacking these babies should be fun. I've heard they've got an actual human to keep the datafiles." Her X-Wing lowered carefully to an open spot, landing after Face.

Cloud coughed slightly, though his X-Wing remained in the landing pattern the squad seemed to have adopted. "Oh, you mean Lobot? Yeah, he's got the datafiles. But, urm, Poster Boy? If Imperial Army representatives are here and have been working here for more than a week, there's a pretty good possibility that they might have tabs on any radio waves in the area. Meaning, our comm. units."

Kell's laughing voice followed Cloud's comment. "Let me answer this one Face." At Face's unspoken acceptance, he continued. "You don't have to worry about that Mechanic Boy. My sister, Tyria, and Adra took care of that a few years ago. All squadron fighters and tools, meaning Computer Girl's hacking material, have a program built into them, making them all but invisible to enemy scanners." During his shpeel, his X-Wing had landed right next to Face's.

Adra nodded again, still knowing no one could yet see her do so. "Yep, that's about right. I'm such an asset." Laughing at the last part, as it dripped sarcasm, she got out of her craft and walked toward Face's X-Wing where everyone seemed to be congregating.

Bror's A-Wing landed just as Adra hopped out of her X-Wing, Nicola's not far behind his. That wasn't an uncommon thing, considering the two of them were Jedi master and padawan. Adra smiled at them as she passed Nicola climbing out.

Face jumped out of his X-Wing, glancing at the assembled group. "Alright, Adra get those machines of yours workin'. The rest of you, Get ready to supposedly check out this factory. But, as we all know-" he grinned mid- sentence- "We're actually going to draw on Kell's stash and blow those Imps to hell."

Thracia smiled dimly. She watched Adra take out whatever 'those machines' were, she smiles slightly at Face's terming. Of course, that was always his way of doing things. Thracia paused to embed herself a bit more to the force, just to be on the safe side, but then her eyes snapped open again. "Hey Computer Girl? How...er...quickly did you activate those machines once we got into the "atmostphere? 'Cause I think you might've done it a second late."

Adra looked up quickly for her datapad and micro-computer, her eyes glancing quickly to the scanner on the former. "Uh...Face? You're not going to like this. I think I did flick them a second too late. Looks like we've got stuff going down. Some datafiles have been disconnected... I'm guessing those are the ones we'll need. That proves they're here. It just gives me more to hack. I'm hoping they don't have a blip." With that, she sat down under the shadow of the X-Wing and began fiddling with another datapad device, leaving Face to fume silently.

Thracia, perhaps wisely, took that moment to take a step or two away from Face and Adra. It was a good thing she had. The look Face wore was not something she wanted to have aimed at her, even as a Council Jedi.

"What!?" Face exploded, all but announcing to all of the surrounding buildings and their occupants of a mistake. He sprinted over to where Adra was working. "You have got to be kiddin' me!" He cracked his knuckles, his expression stormy. Adra though, could've cared less.

Kell glanced over at Adra and her tools briefly, smiling all the while. He laid a 'comforting' hand on her shoulder, speaking at t

6. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Oooohhhh....Goood.I told the Wraith Squadron Fan Club about this, so with any luck, you'll get some readers.

7. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Wow! Thanks! *runs along to grab next post*

8. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Chapter Three - Com Talk

Adra Tallon's X-Wing came out of hyperspace with it's owner staring, disgusted, as her comm. unit and Kell's voice coming over it. "Well you wanna know something Kell? I doubt any of us are going to be standing up to Master Windu in your defense! How's that? I've heard him yell. Sithspawn, he yelled at Anakin Skywalker just the other day!" Her voice intercepted Kell's, cutting him off rudely. Under normal circumstances, she wouldn't be yelling at him as badly.

Kell rolled his eyes, almost glad that the others couldn't see him doing the action as he protested in vain, "But Adra, I've been better about that! And I only blew up one thing the entire time! I think that's a record for me!" He very much doubted that anyone was buying it, much less trying to figure out a way to help him escape the claws of the women pilots.

Finally fed up with Kell's feeble arguments and protests, Nicola switched on her comm. unit to put in her own. "Kell, just do us all a favor and shut the Vong up! And if you do keep this sithspit up, as soon as we land, I'll use some of my Targeter training on you, and then you won't be able to protest. Got it?"

Grumbling over the comm., Adra shook her head, cursing Kell silently again and again. "I don't really care Kell. It was one more than should've been thrown. Anyways, if you don't zip it, you won't be landing. I'll kill you in that craft of yours with the force if I have to!" Adra was still glaring at her comm. Kell Tainer could be a pain in the ass sometimes, as he was right now. Her gaze flicked to Coruscant's approaching surface once before she turned it back to her navigation and controls... and the comm., still cursing at Kell.

Another voice- Nicola's- added it's curses to Adra's string. Adra could almost see the diabolical smile forming on her friend's lips as she said, "And that's only if I don't get to him first, Computer Girl."

Adra almost laughed. Kell, however, was glaring at his comm. unit. "Alright, alright! Just please, enough of the killing-of-Kell talk!" His voice had an almost pleading tone to it. He continued quickly, this time imploring his fellow Wraith males for help, "Face? Bror? Cloud? Any of you guys want to help me here?"

Face's unseen head shook at Kell's plea. They were lucky that the women hadn't turned their accusations from Kell to all of them; it was a common thing for the fault on one of the squadron's men to turn into a fault in all of them, causing those that were usually innocent of the problems to always be on their guards. "Sorry Kell, I'd rather not have Master Yaddle hit me again. I'm being on my best behavior from now on." He grinned slightly at the comm.

Bror's voice came over the comm. next, taking a similar view on the subject as Face. And there really wasn't any doubt as to why. "Sorry too Kell; even if Nicola's my padawan, I'd rather not go up against her."

"It's okay Kell," Cloud's voice reached out over the comm., "The Imps can get blown up another time...when we're not on duty. Now the rest of you, bug off." It was the first time Cloud had spoken since Cloud City, an oddity for him.

Kell was smiling with relief in spite of himself. While Cloud's defense wasn't much, and it was probably to do with the fact that bags of explosives were sitting in the back of Kell's X-Wing, he took all the help he could get.

"Finally! Someone who'll save me!" Kell's voice rang over the now silent comm., quite a change to what it had been moments before. Then his tone became reflective as he voiced his second-earlier suspicions. "Well, you wanting to help me might have to do with the explosives in my X-wing, but I'll take all the help I can get!"

His laughter filling the comm., Cloud backed off at this point, in spite of telling the rest of the squad to lay-off, "Nah, you're pretty cool. But that doesn't mean I'm facing down Mace Windu for you."

Adra smiled at Cloud's words in spite of herself. She had no doubt as to what made Cloud say this, even if it was common knowledge that Mace had a wonderful

9. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Hehe, you can now thank me for upping the post for ya Stickz! Should I post my AU Wraith?
    *nods* yes, yes, I should.
    *runs off to do so*

Anyways, if you're on right now, email me, okay? I've got about one standard hour until I've got to go back to my play performances.

TaTa!

:Targeter:

10. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Yes, thank you Targeter

11. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    TRICKSTER great job!!!!!!!!!

12. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Thanks JAGSGURL!!! *feels kinda loved*

13. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Up!

Stickz? *runs around like a nexu with it's head cut off*

14. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Goody for teh postie.

15. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    CHAPTER FOUR - Code Purple

The slender figure removed itself from the Suprosa, threw her helmet inside and then looked quickly around for any signs of Mace Windu. Luckily, Adra didn't find a trace of the Jedi around as she went to grab a fuel hose. Going back to her X-Wing, she began to refuel it, wanting to be ready for a speedy take-off, if needed. Her gaze traveled mischievously over to Bror's landed A-Wing, causing her to grin.

"Hey Bror, I could always show Nicola how to rewire a droid to the engine... It works work even better! Especially if the droid got mad at you," her threat was marred by a hint of laughter seeping through her to her voice.

The other figure looking around nervously for Mace Windu was that of Nicola. Finding that it was safe, she quickly followed Adra to grab a fuel hose and beginning to refuel her A-Wing. After a moment of silence marked by only the landing of crafts, she tapped Adra's shoulder with the Force.

"So when are you actually going to teach me all this stuff? I'm looking forward to rewiring Bror's droid. He's an annoying little twerp anyways," Nicola grinned innocently at Adra. Adra just smiled and laughed silently, looking over at Bror's nearly-panicked face.

Bror grabbed one of the remaining fuel hoses and started refueling his own ship. Glancing over at Adra and Nicola, he sighed a bit uneasily, "I have a very bad feeling about what's going to happen after Nicola passes the trials. And please don't rewire Peck, if you do, I'll never get him working right again!"

"Oh, but why the force not? That's the point, Bror. Oh well. I'll just teach you the lightsaber bit then, Nicola," Adra smiled at Nicola's gleaming face, enjoying the fact that Bror really seemed to be worried.

A ripple of power passed through the force at that moment, however, nearly causing her to jump as she looked up. Her eyes locked on the unmistakable figure of Mace Windu as he came out onto the docking bay.

"Code red!" was all Adra needed to say.

Mace Windu strode onto the hanger, looking around to Adra, a smile one his lips at her yell. "Very good, Master Adra. Now if you don't mind, I have a need for words with a certain Kell Tainer." The pilot in question easily spotted, both with the force and his eyes, he walked over to Kell and his X- Wing.

Kell's head had snapped up at the words 'code red' and he grinned over at Adra, "Don't you mean 'Code purple', Computer girl?" He then looked over at the rest of the squadron, realizing they wouldn't be finding this very funny right now. He looked around imploringly, pleadingly asking his 'last request'. "If any of you guys want to get in contact with Wedge and ask him to help me, feel more than free to." He debated on whether or not to jump back in his X-Wing and try to fly away, or to just simply run like a nexu was after him.

Before he'd had a chance to choose, however, Cloud had come over to him, at the same time Adra chose to hi-tail it over to Wraith Headquarters. And she was in her right mind in doing so. In all seriousness, Adra really didn't want to hear Mace Windu delivering one of his infamous rants.

However, Cloud was prepared, it seemed, to at least put a word in for his friend. Whether or not that was a good idea on his part was yet to be decided. Cloud stepped forward, clearing his throat, and stared Mace Windu square in the face. "You know, Master Windu, it's not his fault. He did good only throwing one grenade. I mean, usually Kell here throws about 15! So maybe he shouldn't've thrown it, but he did good not to throw the rest!"

Master Windu's only response was to glare inscrutably at the pilot. Of course, Mace Windu had know the kid as more than a pilot... had known him only too well. It wasn't easy to forget the padawan that had turned your lightsaber into a sort of early thermal detonator. Mace Windu glared at the pilot still more, before finally answering.

"Cloud Ritril, you are not in the place for making demands or observations. As you might recall just as well as I, that was nearly the same reason

16. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Very nice Trickster.
    Kell+Explosives=BIG BOOM!

Targeter really likes big Booms!

Me, crazy? I don't know what you're talking about.

17. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Yes...Kell Tainer does like Big Booms....*cackles*

BOOM!!

18. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    CHAPTER FIVE ? Targeted Control

The Suprosa touched down at Wraith Headquarters' docking bay maybe 20 minutes after she had departed the Temple hanger. But Adra knew all too well what kind of yelling could go on in twenty minutes...especially if Mace Windu was involved.

For the most part, the Jedi Master conveyed a quiet sense of having an intimate connection with the Force that never seemed to break off. But those who'd been in the Council chambers when Mace Windu was presiding on a disciplinary case would tell you differently; and they no-doubt would in a heartbeat. The Clone Wars era Jedi was not one that anyone liked to cross, even someone from the Skywalker/Solo line of things.

With a startled realization, Adra found herself standing next to her X- Wing. She shook her head, mentally scolding herself for her lack of attention. As many of the Masters she had been around had told her, if you didn't pay attention you would live a much shorter life. And, of course, you'd probably die a more embarrassing death.

Her thoughts pushed aside as Face's X-Wing landed on the bay. A smile flickered quickly across her face, and then just as quickly was replaced by her usual uncaring look. Adra eyes traveled from the X-Wing towards the entrance to the building, and then to the person exiting it. Gaeriel Captison might've been a politician, but she was also one of Adra's best friends.

Returning the mental greeting to the other, Adra allowed her attention to once again be claimed by Face. The pilot was angrily exiting his X-Wing, his droid whistling angrily and rushing off to congregate with the more agreeable R2 and R5 units. No doubt Face had given the vaping droid a proper bawling out for Kell's bad judgment.

Nicola's and Bror's crafts landed a moment later, allowing the droid another escape from it's obviously-pissed owner. Adra almost felt sorry for the thing; almost. It had, on numerous occasions, caused more trouble than it was worth, but all-in-all, it was a pretty agreeable little thing. The two Jedi got out of their crafts, Bror going around his A-Wing to inspect a spot on its underside, Nicola towards Adra.

"How'd it go?" Gaeriel's voice broke the stark silence that had settled restlessly over the hanger.

Kell and Cloud landed all but a second after the question met the air. The look Face wore turned from bad to worse quicker than Han Solo could fry an Imperial. Adra knew that Kell was going to be getting a second round.

As soon as the pilot's feet had touched the ground, Face was on him. "What the Sith did you think you were doing! You nearly got Wedge demoted; do you know what that would've done to this squad?!"

Kell stabbed for protests as quickly as his mind could grasp them, obviously unprepared for the onslaught. But he wasn't quick enough to blot Face's flow of words.

"It would've served you right if Mace Windu had yelled at you! You deserve every bit of it!" Face fumed in a rage all his own, then fell back on his earlier argument. It seemed that that was his greatest annoyance of the whole affair. "If Wedge had gotten a call from the Jedi Council concerning something one of his squadrons had done while on loan, what do you think his-"

Kell held up his hands in defeat, scooting out from the space between Face and his X-Wing. "All right, all right already! I get it! Calm down, would ya?! I've heard it enough!" And with that, Kell dragged Cloud off toward the building to have a little 'chat'.

Adra looked quietly over toward Gaeriel, a smile crossing her face once more. "Does that answer your question?"

Gaeriel nodded, stunned. "Yes, most definitely. Face, there are some messages for you in your office."

Face rounded at Gaeriel, throwing his temper now at the undeserving Jedi. "Great, really great! If they've got more bad news, there'll be some blaster bolts flying around."

A shocked look crossed Gaeriel's face as Face turned his yelling at her. Adra suppressed the urge to comfort her quiet friend; she never got in the way, unless you counted the fact that th

19. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    CHAPTER SIX - Face Loran and Who?

Face glared around at Adra, but behind the apparently level and even some- what calm gaze, he had to smile at her. It wasn't that he exactly liked having to yell at the Jedi...but what else was he supposed to do about the girl he liked? Had she been openly smitten with him, as some had been a long time ago, he would've been able to cope; however, her plainly shown disinterest was enough to set him off in an insane little world of his own.

"Oh, thanks. Too bad you couldn't have done it before," Face said snidely.

Then he looked over at Kell and Trickster Goddess that was releasing the former to go after Adra. Jaina looked over at Tyria, shaking her head.

"You know, I've got no clue what you just said, but hey! It must be working!" Her unusually light temper was gone in the time it took her to look over to Face. "You know, even if it might be impossible, if you don't appreciate Adra's work, I'd be more than happy to file for a transfer with Wedge or Jag for Adra to be moved into Saber." All this she snapped very irritably at Face. You know Nicola, I think I like your idea.

The smile on Adra's face told her that her friend had not, or so it seemed, been listening in. The smile quickly faded as she gave Face a sour look. "You know, I could've done it before. That is, if you didn't give me job after endless pointless job to do around headquarters." Fixing him with a cold gaze for another second, Jaina could then see her friend look over towards herself and Nicola.

You know that wouldn't be quite possible. I can give you a few reasons. One, I'm in Vanguard under Jag anyway. And two, Wraith is more like a volunteer thing, but hey, if I keep having to take the blame for stuff, there might be an opening for you! Then you can yell at Face all you want without having to worry whether of not you'll be getting a dismissal notice, thanks to that goddess status of yours.

Jaina smiled at her friend's voice coming through the force. Then the doors of the building swung open again, revealing Cloud Ritril.

The pilot stopped after taking all of two steps out of the building, his fellow explosion expert coming over to stand by him. "So what'd I miss?" Cloud said jovially.

Jaina noted with a bite of pleasure that Gaeriel appeared to be quite fed up with the demolition experts for the day. The other Jedi came back to the fighter group and then grabbed an ear on each of them, leading then towards the building Cloud had just left. "It's way over your politically- challenged heads."

Nicola glanced up at Jaina, hiding a grin at the exact moment Gaeriel began leading the explosion duo inside. I'd ask you which one of my fabulous ideas, Goddess, but I'm pretty sure which one you mean. Right now I'm toying with the idea of planting an idea in Face's brain. Something along the lines of him spontaneously kissing Adra.

Jaina had to smile in spite of herself; Nicola could be too much sometimes, but then again, those two really needed to quit fighting. All the power to them if it worked.

Kell winced as Gaeriel pulled on his ear, "You missed a hell of a lot, Cloud. A hell of a lot. And Politics Girl, can you get off my ear? I promise not to blow anything up."

Gaeriel, however, didn't look too impressed. She merely raised an eyebrow and laughed. "Hmm, let me think about that. How about...No." Rather than making them go into the building, she turns, allowing them to finish watching the scene.

Looking suspiciously between Jaina and Nicola, she glares at the former, guessing at the jist of the conversation inevitably going on between her and Nicola. Of course, she didn't exactly know that what she was thinking was wrong, but that was beside the point. Adra merely looked around the yard, her confusion rising at seeing nearly the entirety of Wraith squadron outside.

"What's going on... Nicola? Jaina?"

Adra could see Bror watching his padawan from his A-Wing, a smile playing on his face. Not daring to guess what was going on in

20. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    CHAPTER SEVEN - That's 'Goddess' to You

Nicola's gaze jerked up sharply from grinning at Face and Adra just as she made a very violent move towards Vana. Several lightsabers flashed on to stop her, including Bror's silver one. Her hand reached automatically for her own, only to find it gone. Taking her eyes off Vana for more than a second, she saw that it's now in Bror's hand. VANA SAGE! I am going to kill you! And I'm going to kill Adra as soon as she's done with Face! If the Council hears that I'm "dating" my Jedi Master, they will kill me! And you never know, I might just set Gaeriel and Kell up; or maybe even you and Kell! Her voice seemed to echo through the Force, as she had hoped it would.

More than Vana's face was in shock, however. Kell looked between Vana and Gaeriel, taking an involuntary step back. "Nicola, you wouldn't really do that to me, would you? No offense Gaeriel, but really Nicola, please don't!"

Kell's sister, meanwhile, was gaping at Vana. "Vana, I thought you were my friend! I've already got a brother who loves explosives and now you want me to date someone who loves them?"

A smile creased Vana's face for a moment, then she looked over at Nicola incredulously, shaking her head. Nicola, however, glared at the Jedi; Vana Sage might be a Jedi Knight, but she was still younger than Nicola by a year. Besides, she was still one up with Targeter training. Nicola, that's not fair. Adra had nothing to do with this. Neither did Gaeriel or Asyr. If you don't want it out, then talk to Jedi Girl who's got Mace Windu begging her not to leave. So just set them up and you're home free if two council members get married.

Then she turned over to Tyria, smiling a cross between feeling sheepish and apologetic. -You're right, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.- Her gaze returned to Nicola as the other Jedi shrugged slightly.

Who said life was fair, Vana? Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to talk to Wedge and a certain Rogue. And with that, Nicola gave a sharp yank to her lightsaber through the Force, causing it to leap from Bror's hand and jump to her own. Clipping the cylinder to her belt, she went over towards the Droid Luck and it's owner sitting inside. As she walked over, she carefully aimed a thought to Jaina. I think it's time Vana meets Janson.

Tyria looked after Nicola, shaking her head and frowning slightly. "You Jedi do know that some of us can't mind speak, right?" Without really waiting for the reply, she looked over towards Vana, smiling slightly now. "It's fine. And I'd watch out for Nicola if I were you." With that, the pilot walked over to her X-Wing, settled on one of the S-foils and went back to work.

Jaina smiled very slightly as she followed Nicola. Don't tell him I'm here, but I want to have a bit of my own fun with him before you "introduce" them, okay? A sardonic smirk rose on her face as she laughed slightly. The smirk of a trickster...Wes was going to get a shock at realizing that he had chosen the Yuuzhan Vong Goddess Yun Harla to 'flirt' with. He told me to...er...'look him up' when I was back on the ground, so I think I will. And I'll scare the Sith out of him in the progress.

Her friend grinned, a smirk rising on her face, no doubt at the thought of what Janson would do. No problem. Let me go talk to Janson real quick. I figure that I'll tell him to 'jump in that yellow piece of Sithspit he calls an X-Wing and get over to Wraith headquarters'. With that, Nicola used the Force to jump easily onto the right wing of Asyr's X-Wing.

Looking up from her comm., she smiled hopefully at Nicola as the Jedi came up behind her. Nicola merely smiled and shook her head. Then she explained in a lowered voice so the comm. wouldn't catch it.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to bite your head off. I just need to talk with Wedge, well actually Janson, but you get my drift." At that point, she heard the reactions coming from Rogue headquarters. A smile ran along her face, Asyr's a mimic

21. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Janson, Janson, Janson, what are we going to do with you? *sighs*

22. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    We're going to let him go out with Inyri Forge, that's what.

Oh, and for anyone else who might actually read this, I should mention this:

Why The Force Not? has been nominated in the Winter Fan Fiction Awards for Most Underrated Story. Figured it would be good to make that known.

I also have been nominated for Best New Author [can't see why, but oh well] so, just keep these things in mind. :D

23. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    This up is legalized by the GFFA.

24. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    That waz Great!! Trickster!!!!

u know what would be so awesome

???

If u brought in the Rogues and Inyri Forge.. and she and wes got together!!!

{i and InyriForge are attemptin to turn every1 to wes/inyri ness.... its great!}

yah yah yah and they double dated with jaggie and jaya

25. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Jagsgurl- Hehe, they're not incorperated...yet...but they will be come Chapter 12 I think. It be a chapter devoted entirely to the Rogues. However...*looks at Targeter* If we get some stuff moving at TCW [which, Jenn, has a new URL] then I'll see what we can make happen with Wes and Inyri. ^.^ [them two rule!]

Now, Chapter 8:

[b][u]CHAPTER EIGHT - Ground Coverage[/b][/u]

Nicola half-glared at Jaina from her perch on top of Asyr's X-Wing, acting as if she were offended. Of course, one could hardly blame her. She'd gone from being in total control of the situation to being almost the person they were talking about. So much for keeping her and Bror's feelings to themselves, eh? Nicola jumped from the X-Wing's hull, walking over toward her friend.

"Love-struck Wraiths? I find that very offensive, er, Jaina. I worked very hard to get Face and Adra where they are now."

Wes, meanwhile, was sighing with relief at the removal of blasters. Nicola watched him, her silver eyes piercing the air around him, but he non-the- less walked over towards her, speaking as he did so. "Thanks for the help back there Nicola," he looked at her cynically. Then he looked towards Jaina. "And there isn't really any gossip from Rouge; unless you count the fact that Mirax got herself in trouble with the Council again." He shook his head, as though half-ashamed and half-amazed that she could get in that much trouble.

However, Jaina was pulling out her datacard. "Already knew that. You thought it yourself: you didn't know what the Council was thinking. That doesn't mean I'm not on it." Nicola smiled at Jaina as she glanced over, grinning. "And they also decided on the date for your trials. You've got a week, thanks to my meddling." She winked, half-joking. "That way you don't have to worry about one of us swooping down on you with the sudden revelation that a padawan is in love with her master."

Nicola couldn't help grinning as Jaina told Janson off once again. The sith spawning koochoo deserved to be put in his place and, fortunately, Jaina didn't seem to have any qualms about doing just that. At Jaina's news on the trials, she grinned, a bit surprised. "They finally fixed a date for my trials? Amazing!" Then her face darkened into a glare at Jaina's next words. "Why is everyone talking about that today? And especially when Wes Janson, who can't keep his sithing mouth shut, is here!"

Grinning, Jaina pulled out her blaster, waving it again slightly. Wes recoiled away from her, as if the thing could brand him...or other. "Wes Janson won't be saying anything. Besides, should a message be sent, I'll change it to irrelevance." Jaina glared at the cowering Wes pointedly for a minute, then put her blaster away.

Not being able to do anything but smile at Wes's face, Nicola nodded slightly, then pulled out her own blaster to threaten Wes- just as Jaina put hers away. "So if I hear anyone outside of Wraith talking about this, Wes, I'll know who's big mouth was open."

With that, her blaster found it's holster again. Moving over to stand behind Jaina, she smiled slightly to her. [i]Torturing Wes is more fun than setting people up. I'll have to do this more often.[/i]

Not being the only one looking at Wes's face, she was sure, Nicola was pleased to find Jaina laughing just the same. Then she nodded in agreement. "Quite right. Oh and Wes, always remember that if you have grudged against a squad leader and they know about it, they have 12 times the number of guns to command than you do."

Jag had moved during Jaina, Nicola and Wes's little chat; now he was standing next to Jaina. An uncommon smile crossed his face for all of a moment, if that. Jaina looked over at him once, then looked back to Wes.

"And, of course, when the squadron leader is rather good, shall we say 'friends', with another squadron leader, that makes 24 times the laser cannons aimed at you."

Nicola smiled at Jag and Jaina as the two cast each other a second-long glance. The two then looked at Nicola, a bit of a grin on Jaina's face. "Well, that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.