main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Auburn, NY Halloween Event - Nov 5th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    For those of you that don't make it over to the Syracuse boards, there is an event coming up Nov 4th & 5th where the Chairwoman is looking for folks with Return of the Jedi costumes. Here's the event description given to Strawbary:

Annually I host a Halloween event that benefits the American Diabetes Association. This year's event, here in Auburn, New York, will run November 4th and 5th. The theme is Movie Mayhem. Among our guests this year are three of the only surviving Oompa Loompas from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Together they make two Ewoks and a Jawa from Return Of The Jedi. So they will be appearing in-scenery from both movies. I am in need of volunteers to dress for me as characters from Return of the Jedi to work Friday November 4th from 5-9PM and Saturday November 5th from 12-9PM.

So far I'm planning maybe one day or the other, but I don't think we'd travel out to Auburn for both days. Anyone else interested? I've yet to contact the chairwoman to see if she has any need to non-costumers or non-ROTJ costumes.

~Doc_Bev

2. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Uhh - I guess the Jawa on Endor scene ended up on the cutting room floor.[face_worried]

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah, I was a little confused by that...

Oh, and she's also hoping to get a Vader and some Stormtroopers at this event.
    I let her know that considering the drive and gas prices that we'd only be able to come one of the two days. She stated that she'd prefer to get the characters to come out for the 12pm-9pm shift on Saturday versus the Friday evening shift.

~Doc_Bev

4. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    So far, I think we are free for either time (depending on Tom's mall schedule), but I think I prefer Saturday unless we want to do a costume/prop party. Do they have a Leia yet?

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As far as I can tell - we're it. The chair contacted Strawbary first and I don't think they have a Leia of any sort out there.

~Doc_Bev

6. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    /sigh, I guess im out, I was going for more of the ANH Stormtrooper. ^_^, I wonder if maybe she's getting Star Wars as a whole confused with Return of the Jedi.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Ayka - I highly doubt she would be able to tell the difference between a ROTJ stormtrooper and ANH one. And, at this point, I think she'd take you even if she could as I don't think she has any troopers what-so-ever yet.

~Doc_Bev

8. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    [face_blush] I'm not sure I've noticed a difference between a stormtrooper from SW:ANH and SW:ROTJ unless you are talking stormtroopers versus scout troopers. (Sorry).

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I've been told there are differences between regular Stormtroopers (not scout troopers) that appear in each movie, but I wouldn't be able to pick them out myself without help.

~Doc_Bev

10. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    Forgot that Sarcasm does not translate well to text LOL. There are some Subtle, and some bigger changes in the StormTroopers in each movie, though you'd have to have some pictures of each side by side to tell the difference.

As we don't yet know the date for the event, you can list me as a Tenetive ^_^.

11. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Where is this place in relation to Syracuse?

Just curious about the drive since I'm further out.

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Hothgirl - Auburn's west of Syracuse and (per mapquest) 2 hrs 48 mins from Wellsville. It looks like because of the Finger Lakes, the fastest way to get from Wellsville to Auburn is to come up to Henrietta first.

~Doc_Bev

13. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I guess that I need to look at a Map...
    I thought that Auburn was west of Syracuse and south of Weedsport (exit 41 from the thruway)...

14. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Darren & Nicky are correct, ( I was there today for work) Auburn runs right along rts 5 & 20 but for you hothgirl it would be quicker to hop on the thruway get off on exit 40 & take it into auburn (about 7 miles) Fyi there is a Hancock Fabirc there I checked it out. It's like an older style Joanne's

15. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Oh trust me, I'm familiar (and on the mailing list) for Hancocks. :D

There's one an hour and a half from me....was actually there last weekend...bought fabric for one of my Vala (Stargate) costumes. Muahahhahaaa!

16. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Auburn is not too far east of Geneva for those of you that were here for Sith at the Smith. If we have TK ready by then the I would be in, I doubt TX would be okay for this one.

Mike

17. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    .... arrrrgggghhhh.... can't... resist... urge... to... post... reply... about... Katies... post... uhhhhnnnhh! Funny... on... too... many... levels....!!!

(ummmm... the smiley and extra letter in the store name weren't intended to be funny, were they? I'm soooooo sorry, gang. It's just the eleven-year-old in me...)

18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    And see I was trying not to go there, It's good to see I'm not the only one with a dirty mind

19. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    You guys are terrible! Completely terrible! Madkid more so 'cause he said it!

Eww...yucky. Just...eww.

20. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    :eek:
    LOL!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!
    [face_laugh] :p

21. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    SWFreak -

Don't encourage them!

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    All-righty then!
    Getting back to the matter at hand... ;)

Here's what it's looking like for local ROTJ costumes:

KnightShade - Chewbacca
    DarSolo - Endor Leia
    Ayka - Stormtrooper
    HothGirl - Boushh
    TX4277 - Stormtrooper (if done in time)
    R2-D2 cooler :p

Other possibilities are:
    TD-027 - Biker Scout
    SWF-JPB - would your Han pass for a ROTJ one?
    Havok - Stormtrooper
    Adam R. - Stormtrooper
    and probably other TKs if we get that project done in time...

So from that list (or if others have ROTJ costumes that I forgot about) who would be available Nov 5th sometime between 12pm-9pm. I'm not planning on having us stay the whole time maybe 4 hours including a dinner break was the max I had in mind.

I'll probably be going as photographer. Unless I really get cracking, I doubt I'd have the time to get a 4th new costume done before this event. I don't know... maybe I should watch ROTJ and see if anything strikes my fancy. [face_thinking]

~Doc_Bev

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Has anyone questioned this person to see if she truly only wants ROTJ characters or will any Star Wars Characters do? I know the post just said ROTJ, But I'm thinking if offered she'd take any star wars characters?

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I haven't asked her myself, so I'll do that when I reply to her most recent email.

Here's the email btw:
    Great to hear from you.
    I will take what ever you guys can do for me. If I would have to choose between the two days, it would be for the run on Saturday, November 5th from 12 to 9PM.
    Chewbacca would be wonderful!! If you could find a Darth Vader that would be great also. We will have a couple of ewoks. If you have any leads on where we could find perhaps some storm troopers, etc. Syracuse? please let me know.
    This display will not have any celebrities this year. However, the manager for David Prowse (Darth Vader), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and Kenny Baker (R2D2) will be in attendance. If we have a successful run this year. He will help us arrange for the above to attend for next years event.
    Your jobs will be to greet guests at the display and hand out candy. I will provide you all will a catered meal about 5PM.

~Doc_Bev

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here is the response I got after relaying T_StarFlyer's question about non-ROTJ costumes:

From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU !!
    Can you check with Strawberry and see if she has a Vader. Do you have a Storm Trooper? What ever you want to bring is fine. I am happy to have you aboard.

I will need to know exactly whom is coming for the food count and also so I can get you all recognized in our program. What costumes are coming and whom will be in them. I am focusing on Return of the Jedi because of the ewoks and Jawa that will be there, but that doesn't mean that any of the characters from any of the series couldn't be. I will decorate a section for your group. It will be about nine feet wide, not sure how deep yet. You guys do what you want. I welcome the help with open arms. I understand that you won't be able to be in your costumes for the whole nine hours. I don't expect that of any of my crew. Just do what you can. Obviously the first few hours will be the busiest, so we will be looking for that. Hopefully you will stay for most of the event even if you aren't in costume the whole time. I will be serving a catered dinner around 5PM, which is another reason for the head count.

So there you have it - anyone with a Star Wars costume is welcome to participate. So let's see those hands. :D

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.