main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Auburn, NY Halloween Event - Nov 5th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Jawas.......and THE JAMA?

This causes Sir Wingnut to think.
    Think must I.

2. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    TX4277 Ready and Willing.

3. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Hey, wow... I almost missed this thread. (We gotta do a "Heads Up" thread, to draw attention to other important threads and point our members there when need be.)

Guess I'm in, in some costume... hmmmmmm.... I wonder what that will be... Unless I can resurrect my Luke ROTJ costume. Actually, y'know what would be cool? (Readers of the old Marvel Comics SW series will appreciate this one) I could do a Tatooine Luke outfit, with long blonde hair. They drew Luke with a longer coif for a very long time during the run of those comics... It could work...

Of course, I'll need to bum a ride... unless I hit the Mega Millions tonight. Crap! I need to cross the street and buy a ticket! Later!

Edit: 9:06pm - MegaMillions tickets(!) purchased. Somthing else of note. Topps Markets has the pretty well made Rubies Vader lightsaber (ESB styling, but with a Covertec-type belt-hook botton, which is also the on/off switch) in their Halloween display for just $5.99 this week with your Bunus Card! (The saber has ESB styling, but with a Covertec-type belt-hook botton, which is also the on/off switch. What's really cool, especially for customizers, is that they replicated the six-bubble strip that fills the clamp section very well, and it could probably be used in any ANH-type saber custom... that alone may be worth the six bux.)

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Usually, I manage to snag most folks at a meeting or an event and remind them to check a certain thread before it becomes an issue. Plus, we also have the upcoming events thread (which I always keep up-to-date) that people can refer to.

~Doc_Bev

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I need to send in a head count for this. The organizer wants to include our information in the program booklet and that goes to print Oct 1st. So if everyone could review the volunteer list below and let me know if there are any additions or corrections before 7pm on the 27th that would be great. Please include what costume you'll be wearing or if you'll be attending as non-costumed help.

*moved volunteer list further down thread*

Also the times have been changed slightly for this. The event is now 11am-6pm. As I mentioned before we probably won't be in costume the entire day.

She also mentioned our set is 25 feet long, 12.2 feet high and about 7 feet deep. I'm still waiting for the art work to come in to let you know what it will look like. So that sounds very exciting!

~Doc_Bev

6. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    probably count me out. I useally end up on overnight on friday and saturday, sine I'm still low man on totem pole

7. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Daria & I are in for this

8. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I'm assuming that my Ewok village Leia is most appropriate for me to wear for this event. Since we have life-size Ewoks already there, I won't need Diane's props either. [face_mischief]

Someone around my size could borrow my classic white Leia dress, but would need to figure out the hair for themselves since my buns probably won't match their hair color. I bought my hair extensions and hair nets for the buns at Sally's Beauty Supply near Michael's and PetCo in Henrietta for extremely reasonable prices.

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I think I'm out for this one.
    There is a possible conflict with that date and, in my new goal to avoid conflicts, will not make any commitments to anyone until I am sure the dates are free.

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I just submitted the names of those on the "definite" list to the coordinator for the program book. Was anyone else interested in volunteering? You can still let me know as we get closer to the event, it was just to get your name in the program book I would need to turn in your name TODAY.

~Doc_Bev

11. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    I just spoke to Diane, she and Bill are not available for this event. :(

12. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    DEFINATE ^_^

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just got an email for the coordinator that they're going to press with the program book today. If there's anyone not on the definite list that wants to be let me know ASAP so that I can submit your name for a last minute change to the program book.

~Doc_Bev

14. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I may be able to help but what costumes do u still need?

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    They're really interested in having a Vader. Other than that - any recognizable SW costume is eligible (not just ROTJ anymore). Hope you can make it!

~Doc_Bev

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Missing a Cod piece and shin guards for my costume for vader, if someone has some of those to borrow? LOL I can go unless u dont care I am missing those pieces Doc_bev ;)

17. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    hmmmm Cod piece on a girl, just sounds so very wrong[face_thinking]

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Well, I dont own a body suit either so but u get the general idea..... I dont know how canon it is anymore I am missing pieces here and there and some need repair.....

I really should probably get rid of it one of these days since I really never use it. LOL

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think we'll pass on the Vader then if you can't find those pieces Strawbary.

All - I'm going to spend some time on this today and get all the final details in order.

~Doc_Bev

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sent out an email asking for an address and/or directions to where we need to be on Saturday and I'll post that info as soon as I get it.

I've updated the volunteer list a few posts up - please let me know if there are any corrections.

~Doc_Bev

21. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Also I'm curious about the dates/times too. I noticed they are (or were if I missed something) doing this on the 4th from 5-9p and then on the 5th from 12-9p.

I'm game for the whole day (with breaks and foooood) Saturday but I'm unsure on the 4th. I am not far from Auburn on Friday as I'm at work so I could just stay down here and do both.

Mike

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Although the event is both days, we're only going to be there on Saturday. And the Saturday event times (according to my contact) changed from 12pm-9pm to 11am-6pm.

My current plan is:
    Get there at 11am
    Take a lunch break from 1pm-2pm
    troop again until 5pm
    partake in the catered dinner

If the event is really slow then my plan may change, but I won't really know that until we get there. Folks are not obligated to volunteer for the whole time, but if you aren't - please let me know so that I know when to expect you.

I'm still waiting on directions/instructions from my contact to let us know where to be/park/change, etc.

~Doc_Bev

23. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    I found the event's webpage finally - try http://www.dicksonshalloween.com/home.shtml. (Hmmm - it doesn't work :confused: - but the home page link on the error page does. [face_thinking]) Sunday they will be at Planet Hollywood in Niagara Falls, Canada. There's a lot of information on the website including the following directions. I'm still not sure what we will be doing for all that time since I didn't see our group listed anywhere on the website, but it sounds like fun. I'll wear my Ewok village Leia dress especially if we'll have life-size Ewoks there (unless BlueRoommate is coming in hers). Should I bring the Royal Guard costume just in case or the classic white Leia?

From Rochester Area (West):
    *Toll road* Merge onto I-90 [Gov Thomas E Dewey Throughway] Travel approximately 30.1 miles.
    At exit 41, turn RIGHT onto Ramp (RT-414 / Waterloo / Clyde)
    Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto SR-414 [Ridge Rd] (RT-414 / US-20 / RT-5 / Waterloo / Seneca Falls)
    Turn LEFT (East) onto SR-318. Approximately 4.2 miles.
    Bear LEFT (North-East) onto US-20 [SR-5]Turn Travel approximately 11.4 miles.
    LEFT (North) onto SR-38 [State St]. Watch for Signs and Crowd.

"Our theme this year will be three fold! Our below featured guests have appeared in the Original Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Wizard of Oz and Star Wars - Return of the Jedi. Our special guests have great stories to tell about The Wizard of Oz! We ALL hope to see you at our spectacular event this year."

Featured Guests:
    Oompa Loompa's From Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    Rusty Goffe (Also a Jawa in Star Wars - Return of the Jedi)
    Malcolm Dixon (Also a Ewok in Star Wars - Return of the Jedi)
    Albert Wilkinson
    Munchkins From The Wizard of Oz
    Clarence Swensen - Munchkin Soldier
    Margaret Pellegrini - Flowerpot Lady and Sleepyhead Baby

Special Guests:
    Michael Siewart - Judy Garland Curator
    Presenting "The Dressing of a Legend" where he will be displaying 12 original Judy Garland Dresses

John Fricke - Emmy Award winning Author, Judy Garland and Wizard of Oz historian/author
    Will be signing his recent books:
    Judy Garland: A Portrait in Art and Anecdote
    The Wizard of Oz: The Official 50th Anniversary Pictorial Histor

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    From what was described to me it will be a lot like the Wegmans events we did. There will be a huge booth with special backdrop that we will stand in front of and get our pictures taken.

DarSolo I think you have 1st dibs on the Ewok Celebration dress since I haven't heard yet if BlueRoommate is able to attend.

~Doc_Bev

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    The CAR is breathing!
    I should be receiving it Friday evening as opposed to possibly Monday.
    I'm officially going back on as Tentative at this point until I get another update
    This way I can work as the Cameraman and everyone else can troop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.