main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Birm, AL Auburn's Alien Invasion

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedicharlie57, Jan 7, 2007.

1. jedicharlie57

jedicharlie57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I want to cordially invite you guys to attend, support, and participate in an event the Star Wars community has been invited to. Auburn University has requested our help for a Star Wars-themed community work day to beautify a downtown area next to the Auburn campus overrun with alien-species of plants that are not allowing the native plants to survive. SW Costumers will draw attention for the event and its volunteers.

When: January 20th, 2007, from 10-4.

Where: College Street, Auburn, AL, downtown next to the Davis Arboretum. One lane of the street will be blocked off for the day.

Needed: costumers!

- - - - - - - - -

As the curator told us: "It can be difficult to make plants exciting, but your group has huge appeal on a college campus and would be a hit.We need you to draw in passers by and to make it more fun for families than just "hey we're pulling weeds today". Without you we would have almost no one stop to see what's going on, but with your help, students, faculty, children, and adults could be drawn in to learn our mission."
    "The Star Wars theme ties in well with the concept that we are waging war on invasive alien species. I can make veiled Star Wars references (in promo tie-ins and radio spots) for days."

- - - - - - - - -

Taking place on a major college campus, this will not only be loads of fun, but a great opportunity for Star Wars PR. Anyone interested in starting a Fan Force for that area will have ample opportunity for recruiting. For any existing clubs in the area, or nearby Georgia and Florida, I encourage all to attend. We will have tables and welcome space for flyers, banners, etc.

Just think of the student in a new place that has been separated from his own SW community, and how exciting it would be to see reps from varying places, all showing the love for Star Wars.

Please visit http://www.swsyndicate.com/ for planning details.

2. Jacen_Solo14

Jacen_Solo14 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2005
    Hey that sounds great man, but...I don't have a costume. I've been trying to get one for a while, but my dad says...what was it again....a waste of money or something. So now I just save the money for sw books:D

3. Bors_Kaegel

Bors_Kaegel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey, that's no big deal with events. With as many costumers as you have, you always have the folks working out of costume to keep the event going.

If you are in the area, check out the thread we have going for planning on our website.