main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Audience reactions to the PT in theaters

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Feelicks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I attended the midnight showings of all three PTs and the crowd was excellent in all of them.

TPM:
    - Obviously the first new SW film to come to theaters in years. When the 20th Century Fox Fanfare played, the crowd went nuts. They did again as the opening crawl came across the screen.
    - A lot of cheering when Obi-Wan was first introduced and especially when the first lightsaber was ignited.
    - You could definitely feel the intensity in the room during the Jinn/Kenobi v Maul duel.
    - Another huge cheer at the credits.
    AOTC:
    - Again crowd went nuts during Fanfare and opening crawl.
    - Excellent reaction when Anakin slaughtered the entire village of Tusken Raiders, and then when he tells Padme "I hate them" Vader's March plays. It was so appropriate.
    - Biggest reaction I remember from this movie was when you first see Yoda's shadow on Geonosis coming to battle Dooku. You knew what was about to happen and everybody had been wanting to see it since Yoda was first introduced in ESB. When he did ignite his saber, the crowd absolutely roared.
    ROTS:
    - Again crowd went nuts during Fanfare and opening crawl.
    - A lot of sharp breath intakes at the first scene of the battle above Coruscant. It was breathtaking.
    - Great reaction at Anakin killing Dooku.
    - The closing battles between Palpatine/Yoda and Kenobi/Skywalker were both exciting on screen and off. The crowd really got into it, with lots of cheering and yelling "yes!"
    - Lot's of cheers and groans of disappointment at the closing credits, knowing that it was going to be the last SW movie made. At least that was the thought at the time ;) .

Maybe it was because I went to all midnight showings and there were just a mass number of huge SW fans such as myself. But the three first time showings I went to were the most fun I have ever had in a theater. Lot's of great reactions from the crowd. Really hoping I have the same type of experience at the midnight showings of these next films.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    Do people cheer and shout during movies? It's considered pretty rude to make noise and generally be loud during films where I'm from anyway.

3. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Every now and then. Heck, I know when I saw the Avengers everyone was laughing so hard at Hulk's "fight" with Loki that we all missed the line, "Puny god."

4. Storybound

Storybound Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 1, 2013
    I wish I saw the prequels in the theatre. Sounds like great time. I hope Episode VII is as awesome.

People cheered for the Obi Wan/Vader fight? I cried all the through that... Doesn't seem like the kind if thing you'd cheer for, but I guess if you saw the OT first you would me more attached to Vader than Anakin.

Strangely, I cried through that fight even though I was convinced Obi Wan would turn Anakin back to the light. :p

5. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    This for me is what its all about. GL originally wanted to make Flash Gordon but could not afford the rights apparantly, welcome to the B movie Saturday morning vibe! (wish id seen one of the films on a morning kids showing)...to tell you about my PT experience, i need to tell You about my OT experience ... first memory 6 years old... a queue twice round the old Liverpool ABC (or could have been Odeon) with mum dad and older brother and sister and then coming out and running back to the car pretending to be a stormtrooper... ESB me and my dad at Wigan Ritz (fleapit) - (massive gasp at I am, Your Father) Jedi same.....anyway ffwd to 99 and ive just been made redundant from five year career of cinema management with ABC Cinemas in London (one of my cinemas still had an old organ) Back in 97? when the re releases came out i remember me and the projectionist getting the delivery of the print and treating it as if it was golddust as we were both in the industry because of Star Wars and me and few members of staff watched it in the early hours by ourselves.(this cinema is now a car park for a Tescoes supermarket)..so i was made redundant a month before Phantom Menace came out I was so gutted, loosing my job and not getting to welcome customers to see Star Wars. I was in a very emotional state at the time and had tears in my eyes at the 20th century fox fan fare (big memory from childhood). Quite ironic that I was in a souless UCI multiplex in Picketts Lock, London (packed)- I was too wrapped up in myself to notice any audience reaction and i was with my girlfriend. AOTC was special a group of us got tickets to the premiere at Odeon Leicester Square (packed) - nearly everyone was dressed up waving lightsabers (a lot of the expensive glowing ones too) and we had C3PO himself on stage introducing it..well ok Mr Daniels - there was massive audience reaction to a lot of the cheesy acting/dialogue and i do still groan at the falling off stupid looking animals and love scenes but absolute joyous uproar for the arena and Yoda and Dooku but then i also think that this film is perhaps the key to that Saturday morning kids club feel almost like Zorro or Rocketeer in style, its almost anti modern day blockbuster. AOTC is the key to public perception of PT, for me its a balance of some of the best moments in SW and the worst...i still remember people saying wow at how beautiful the opening few minutes were. It will always be my least favourite of the six and there were some negative comments but even they seemed 'entertained'. For Sith i went back to the cinema i started work at Hammersmith UGC (was MGM when i worked there) - it was the first early morning show, i went on my own as I need to have the experience all to myself... there were only a few people in...but i loved every second....i then took my GF to see it (who was my ice cream seller back in 97) in the evening (twice in same day). Now we have 2 kids and i am already thinking about where ill be in 2015...they love the DVD's, they love Anakin, they love Jar Jar (so does my partner actually) they fight with their light sabres, they are 3 and 5...i cannot wait to take them to see it on the big screen, where my daughter will be the same age as me for ANH

FRAGWAGON and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  6. man of steel

man of steel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    One word to describe the reactions of the audience
    EPIC