main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Audio Books

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lynnferd1138, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynnferd1138

lynnferd1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    I am looking to get some audio books. What I would really like are some of the older books (Hier to the Empire, Courtship of Princess Leia, Shadows of the Empire) on CD. The only things I have been able to find are on cassette. Did these books get released on CD? Any suggestions on were I can find them?

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    most of the older books were not released on CD. However, the Dark Empire saga was turned into a 6-disc drama, which if you can find, is quite good.

your best bet is tracking down the audio tapes of the titles you want and backing them up onto CD.

3. lynnferd1138

Jun 1, 2002
    How do you backup a tape onto a CD?

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    easiest way is to record the music from the tape onto your computer and then burn it onto audio-CD.
    you will need to figure out how to hook up your tape deck's output to go to your computer's audio input, and probably use some sound editors to clean it up, break it into tracks, etc.

i had a friend who took the Star Wars 8-Track and turned it into a CD.

5. lynnferd1138

Jun 1, 2002
    Thanks, I may have to try that sometime.

6. lynnferd1138

Jun 1, 2002
    Does anyone have a suggestion as to were I could find Audio Books cheap.

7. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Actually, if you just want to try it, most libraries have quite a few books-on tape/cd, but if you want to own them, I would suggest Amazon.

8. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Breaking the older audio books and audio dramas up into tracks should be fairly simple unless you wish to do so within each side of the tapes required. Basically, you'd end up with four tracks near an hour in length each, which would probably best placed on four discs. Of course if you want to make tracks within the sides of a tape, then look for areas where there is a bit of a pause in the material and place your track there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.