main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Audio Review Show Official Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by cinemafreak, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Hello, my name is Rich Sigfrit, and I am hosting a FAD show that will revolutioniz.... no, it won't do that. Its just like Digital Llama only bett.... no, its not that either. Makes ChronoRadio look like.... hmmmm. It is... No. Well, it'll probably have a couple of the same sound effects as Stormtrooper Bob. I can definitely say that.

Yesterday's Tomorrow (the name sticks with me, but I haven't settled. It sounds more like a book title than a cutting edge radio show), as it deals with FAD (Fan Audio Dramas - the entertainment forum of yesterday), and websites (the entertainment forum of tomorrow.)
    Any help you wanna give, ideas, things you'd like me to review (audio shows that may not be known, or websites you want to be pimped) please let me know.

The lowdown for the show:
    1 episode every 30 - 45 days.
    Each episode a minimum of 30 minutes (more than likely longer)
    Commercials for actors, fx people, ChronoRadio, fanfilms, fanaudio, Timeline, etc.
    Possibly get into fan comics and animations.
    Episode breakdown

NEWS from the major sites
    LETTERS (when applicable)
    FAN AUDIO REVIEW
    AUDIO TIP by respected audio mixers
    FAN SITE (promotional)
    RESOURCE SITE (sites featuring tutorials, timelines, SFX, etc)
    FANFORCE SITE (to promote the expansion of the SW fan groups
    NON-SW SITE (one that I think, or is phenomenal)
    And possibly a FLASH TIP by a well-known animator.

Now, I know what you are saying. I would like a ham sandwich. But even deeper, you really mean: phhhhttt. We've heard this before. Yes that's true. But, unlike other people that have said they are gonna do it, Wasta (of Digital Llama Radio) said, and I quote, "I'd love to hear it!" Bamm. There you have it. If there are any questions, things you want reviewed, post them here, or PM me (links to things do not need to be markup-coded. I will copy and paste).

2. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Hey, more audio stuff(s)! Good deal! I don't think you're going to find anyone who's -not- interested in being pimped.

(P)Imp away! :p

Keith

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Fan animations, you say?

I wouldn't mind saying a few words on the show... or doing an ad. :p

Maybe I even have a Flash tip or two. Even though I suck. [face_laugh]

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Muwahahahaha the first new recruit . . .

5. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Yup. as for FTips, I have one who is thinking, and I've just welcomed aboard mr AdamBertocci as a contributor. See how easy it is folks? Yes you too could be a contributor, even if its just a commercial to promote your information. All you need to do is PM me. I'll have operators standing by.

Well, I'll be standing by.

Waiting.

Listening to the little known Star Wars Musical.

Was that the phone?
    No, it was the remote control from my Dad's minidisc recorder.

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Listening to the little known Star Wars Musical.

Quite possibly the most CRIMINALLY UNDEREXPOSED piece of SW fan media in the world.

Rick McCallum loves you!

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    C'mon, Mysterio, gimme. ;)

8. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Well, I was gonna save this for my first show, but I'll spread the news now. It is completely orignal, and meant to be funny. And some of the tunes are even catchy.

Russell & Edwards? STAR WARS: The Musical

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I didn't listen to all of it, but I know after hearing just a little bit I am going to have to burn a cd of this one quick. The girlfriend is already begging me. :)

Keith

10. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    arghhh double post. sorry.

11. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Like I said, I will be reviewing them on the first ep. So I may have more information about them, and any future projects.

12. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Alright folks, I've settled on a name: The Fans Strike Back: Requiem for the Outcast.

I was sitting there and I said to myself, "Self, what is this show about?" And so I said to myself, "Well self, the show is about Audio Dramas and websites. The lost step children of fandom. Most folks are trying to make fanfilms, wether they post them at TFN or just keep them to themselves. FAD's and websites are cheaper and easier than flashy visual fx, 3d stuff, and you don't need props or locations, or have to worry about your characters wearing glasses, or doors with knobs since we don't know that they don't exist in the SW univers.." And than I said, "You know, your right. This forum needs to be heard. It's coming back, and if we want to jump on the bandwagon, now is the chance." And then I called myself a sellout. But then I realized that I wasn't getting an money for anything, not even the commercials of fanfilms, actors, FAD's, or any fan production (PM me if you are interested). Then I called myself a shameless plugger. And I had to concede that point, as I am. So folks, let us, er...me, know if you like the name, and spread the word about the show. Debuting this Sept.

13. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    And I thought that part of Project Sonja was ready.

Catchy name, ey? :p

Catch me on AIM today, Rich.

14. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Short and too the point. I like the original name better.
    Keith

15. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I need someone for my audio tip of the month. This position is open to someone for permanent placement, or just to do occasionally. If you are interested, please PM me. It needs only to be 3-7 minutes in length. Anyone who deals with audio is welcome.

16. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I will be taking commercials up to the 15 of August for the show. But if you PM me after that, they will go on next months show.

17. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Can't wait for Sept. 1 and the official release thread for this one. I'm listening to #1 right now. Great stuff. You guys will like it.

18. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    that's right. Tell all your friends, your neighbors, your aunt ruth (does yours have a beard? mine does.)

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Alright, Rich, hit us with an "official" release thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.