main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Auditions dates are SET for "Tremors"!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by johnny_nod, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    "We must accelerate our plans."
    - Darth Sidious, The Phantom Menace

Auditions are set for the following dates...

FRIDAY, JANUARY 21st and 28th - 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 22nd and 29th - 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

We will be running them in Room 3C at the HARLEQUIN STUDIOS in Times Square, NYC. It's located right next to the Lunt-Fontanne Theater(wherein "Beauty and the Beast" is playing) at 205 West 46th Street. Subway lovers need to take the E Train to 42nd Street. Those taking the F Train can get off at 47-50 Rockefeller Center. Either way, just walk down to the Times Square area and look for the "Beauty and the Beast" theater. It should be right around the corner of a Howard Johnson's Restaurant.

Once we've completely cast the fanfilm, I'll post the cast list on an official thread I'm gonna start here on the Fanforce server. Additional notifications will also be made to the new NER server and the Philly Fanforce server.

Hope to see you all there!

- Johnny

2. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Johnny your the best! The weekends AFTER i move! Hooray!

I get to learn new LIRR trains by then too! Woohoo!

3. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Are there set dates for certain auditions or can we just come at any time on either day??

4. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    Basically, you can come in at any time and audition for as many roles as you wish, and then...unless you want to stay and help things run smoothly...you can leave.

I won't take it personally. :)

I'll be auditioning the characters mostly in pairs so I can see how the actors playing them work off each other. How they look together. That sort of thing.

Any other questions? Fire away. :)

- Johnny

5. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Do we have to come on all those days?

6. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    That's up to you. It's not mandatory for you to show up on all audition dates. Just audition for as many parts as you like and then wait until the announcement is made as to who was cast in the main roles.

Of course, I need time to decide, based on who came down to audition, as to who gets what part.

Although I could use extra help in making sure things are calm and organized in the "waiting rooms" outside 3C. Any volunteers? :)

- Johnny

7. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    How many people do you have interested so far that are trying out Johnny?

8. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    Good question...but there's quite a bit of time before the auditions, and several of my theater friends(some of which were at the Read-through last year) have expressed interest, although they have yet to confirm.

Who else, indeed? I've already heard from Sam, Julian and Mike...why not post here if you're interested in trying out for a role?

See how deep the competition will run come tryouts time. :)

After all, interest has been trickling in from interested parties from the NJO and the Rebel Legion...

...and bear in mind that I have yet to post to Back Stage and Show Business, so that's a few more possible SW-fans-who-happen-to-be-actors/actresses making an appearance...

...anyone else aside from Those Who Have Already Posted...and Bueller? :)

- Johnny

9. Saberwielder315

Oct 14, 2004
    If I have the time and can make it down for each day I'd love to help maintain order. Lol, Without order there is Chaos.

10. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    How very Jedi of you! :)

I hope you're a good tap-dancer...everybody's gonna want to be entertained prior to their being called in for their audition! :)

Heh...relax. In the words of a certain cigar-dropping puppy puppet..."I kiiid! I kiiiiiid!" :)

- Johnny

11. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    See you there 'round 5. I get out of work at 3pm. Anything you need pens,paper, and stuff. Just pm me before 2:30 and I will get what I can. And May The Force Be With Us.

12. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    No need to burden yourself, Dave. I should have everything I need. Just show up ready to read for whatever role you desire. Even if it's something other than the one you read at the read-through. :)

Thanks, though!

- Johnny

13. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I thought we promised never to mention the puppet again. As an aside...someone had the gall to give me the DVD for my birthday :p

14. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    How's this coming along, John?

15. Saberwielder315

Oct 14, 2004
    Hey I might come this friday if I have time, but I will def. be there on saturday and next weekend as well.

16. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    The audition dates are still a go. We're on for this Friday and Saturday and for next weekend as well.

I need to check to confirm that the auditions notices I sent to the weekly Back Stage and Show Business publications were printed, but even if they weren't, I've heard back from many who have confirmed that they will come down to audition.

I was intending to bump this a day or two before the actual auditions dates, but it looks like ol' Joe beat me to the punch. :)

I actually spent some time over the long weekend tweaking the scripts a little and making some of the more extravagant action sequences a little more manageable. I hope to be finished with all the last-minute script tweaking before Friday.

More good news, too...with the exception of maybe one or two needed designs, we now have costume designs for ALL the characters! I don't plan on revealing them, however, until after we have this project fully cast. I would, however, like to thank Kris Krajewski...aka DarthKristar...for committing his design talents to bringing all these characters to life. Additional thanks go out to Eric Negron, Moriah Sellers, and Natasha Bieberfeld for contributing costume designs for certain other characters of the story.

Once we're ready to start shooting(and bear in mind that we can't shoot a single frame of this project until those costume designs become actual costumes...more on that after auditions), bear in mind that the schedule will be designed to work AROUND the big events surrounding Episode III. This project will NOT interfere with Celebration III and it will NOT interfere with the actual release of "Revenge of the Sith", nor will it get in the way of the Newark Bears theme night. And when we ARE ready to shoot? I'm aiming for two Saturdays a month at the MOST.

But let's just see who wants to play who before we elaborate any further, ja?

One last very important reminder for those who attended last year's read-through: if you still have those scripts with you, do NOT bring them with you to the auditions! Sides(ie. snatches from the script for auditions purposes) will be provided. In fact, since they are outdated and inaccurate compared to the final draft, have your copies self-destruct in five seconds.

In short, destroy them. :)

Barring any other questions/concerns(which you are free to PM me about), I hope to see many of you at the auditions!

- Johnny

17. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    {*ahem*} "Pleased to meet you, Lieutenant..." BLAST BLAST BLAST BLAST . . .

No, no, that's not it . . . (slower, basso):
    "Pleased to meet you . . . LIEUTENANT!" BLAST BLAST BLAST BLAST . . .

No, no . . . (clipped English accent, dramatic gesture)"Well, then. Jolly nice to have met you, Lefftenant." BLAST BLAST BLAST...

No, no . . . call my agent!

18. johnny_nod

Dec 31, 2003
    Nice work, Kevin.

You're fired. (kidding :) )

OK, so apparently mother nature is using my prrrrecious auditions as an excuse to drop a big snow threat.

I cannot, however, cancel the auditions! If anything, it would seem that the snowy whiteness...last I heard...is due to move in in the latter hours of Saturday.

True or not, it seems that my two little ads in Back Stage and Show Business have started filling up my inbox with a LOT of interested performers! To say that the competition will be thick is a bit of an understatement at this point, as the requests for character lists are still coming in!

I'll of course be at this weekend's meeting, snow or not, and hope that those interested in auditioning will follow me over to Harlequin after we adjourn. If you'd rather just shelter yourself from the forthcoming snow drifts, your second shot at auditions will of course be the weekend following. As with this weekend, we're on come rain, snow, sleet or sandstorm. :)

See you all at the meeting!

- Johnny

19. Saberwielder315

Oct 14, 2004
    I will still be at Auditions, and I am probably gonna invade your meeting too, have a philly rep there. Anyway, I'll def. be there! See yall soon.

20. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    If my arm recovers. (pinched nerve) I will be there. If not next week. G-d willing.

21. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I think im coming saturday.. maybe. Cause money funds are lower then ever.

22. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    well im not coming cause of the snow.... early predictions are 6-12 so.. yeah.

23. Saberwielder315

Oct 14, 2004
    Change of Plans, I'll just be there on saturday. Got plans today, but really excited.

24. MerlynNY

MerlynNY Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    Johnny,

You might want to go and update your post on the NER boards. People are inquiring about it, and all they have to go on is your first post.

25. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    I am adopting a wait and see attitude withthe storm predicted. While it might be easy to get around NYC in a blizzard they can and will stop the buses to and from NJ. I don't want to get over there and get stuck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.