main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Auditions for Tomb of the Jedi - A local Fanfilm

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Handyman, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

Thus wrote Spoo...
    > Shouldn't you take it one step at a time?

DEFINITELY! ;) We have been "officially" working on Tomb of the Jedi since October 1999. Most of the time since then has been spent building up a FANTASTIC crew, aquiring costumes and props, and writing the script. The script is currently in draft 8 with 62 total pages. Draft 9 should be complete next week and hopefully... <FINGERS_CROSSED>We'll have a final draft of the script the following week</FINGERS_CROSSED>. The storyboards are looking BEAUTIFUL. We're nearly fully cast(* Hint-hint * for anyone else who still wants to audition. :cool: ).

When will we start filming? I'm not sure. We're justing taking one step at a time. ;) But seriously, we will most likely do some location shooting this fall and definitely our blue and green screen work through the winter.

Spoo thusly wrote...
    > do you have any filming experience or are you just kinda jumping into this?

Yes.

:D

Yes, we do have experience. Loads of it. Are we jumping into things? ABSOLUTELY. To do a Star Wars Fanfilm of this scale is a daunting task. We have assembled(in my very BIASED opinion ;) ) an incredible array of talent.

But seriously Adam(and anyone else who's interested), after you arrive in Provo this next week and you have a few moments to get away from BYU, give me a holler and come by and see for yourself what kind of operation we're running. Need a ride? No problem. We can arrange that! :D

Later,

2. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I need a handful of greenscreen shots for my film, what kind of setup are you using? Does a local place have a blue/greenscreen stage that one could reserve?

3. Jedi-DoUrden

Jedi-DoUrden Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2001
    Hello Handyman,

I would like to audition for a part what is left?

Are you casting for extras and stuff righ now or is that going to be on a later date?

Thanks
    Jedi Durden

4. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

Jedi-DoUrden wrote...
    > I would like to audition for a part what is left?

Hey, Jedi-DoUrden. I do believe that we have met once before. ;)

The only role that has been cast so far off the list I posted is Boba Fett. We do have about 6 additional people who have setup appointments to audition for the other roles.

We are not casting extras at this time. We will probably have a call for extras when we're about 2-3 weeks away from shooting. We will need ALOT of extras! :D

Andakin wrote...
    > Does a local place have a blue/greenscreen stage that one could reserve?

UVSC has a "Green Room". We will have access to this room through a UVSC film school student who is on our crew. I am also building a large bluescreen soundstage using bluescreen material from StudioDepot.com. I have an 800 square foot room dedicated to this in my house.

Later,

Later,

5. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
    Thanks for the info. As it would turn out, my high school actually does have a greenscreen, which I need for only a handful of shots.

6. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Andakin,

I'll bet you go to Timpanogos. I didn't know they had a greenscreen. Cool. :cool:

Later,

7. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
    Actually, I ride one of the three buses that go to Orem. Yes, only 3, I'm at the very edge of the boundaries

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I am a new addition to this FanForce, but I'm interested in auditioning. I am a 20-year-old female (at BYU), 5'3", and medium build. I have a lot of acting experience. Is audition still an option?

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh. And I'm leaving in January to go on a mission (I don't know where yet), so...

10. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings DarthIshtar,

We have had 4 people already audition for the part of Queen Gaeriel. We still have 2 people who are scheduled to audition this week. We were hoping to make a decision on the Queen's role this weekend.

You are more than welcome to audition if you wish. Please be aware that we may be filming some of the indoor shots for the Queen in January/February.

The other roles(with the exeption of Boba Fett) are still available for anyone who would like to audition. We will be casting extras as the need arises.

Later,

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, as I'm from Boston and will be there for January/February, that would present a slight problem. But I'd still like to audition. ?

12. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everyone,

The Auditions for Queen Gaeriel are now complete(sorry DarthIshtar :().

I would like to publically thank everyone who auditioned for the role...
    • Tiffany Knoell (aka navaren)

• Rachelle Tomlinson

• Kathrina MacDonald

• Debbie Lemmon
    The choice was VERY difficult as all of these fine actresses gave a superb audition. [face_plain]

Congratulations to Kathrina MacDonald who has won and accepted the part.

As for the rest of the auditions, we desparately need an actor for Admiral Locke. If any of you know anyone who is 30+ years old, can do a convincing Standard British Dialect, and is willing to act in a Star Wars Fan Film, please put me in touch with him.

There are other minor roles and extras to be cast in the very near future. Watch these boards for an announcement.

Later,

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Congratulations! From what I've heard, this is going to be an awesome fanfilm. (Mike, I'm still interested in a hardcopy of the script. :))

14. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Ditto. Maybe we can just share it DarthIshtar

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Now there's an idea... Mike, where are you? The BYU brats are begging. :) Oh, and you were going to send me the info on the soundtrack I asked about at your house.

16. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Sorry guys,

I was at another meeting tonight for a local computer users group that I started over five years ago. I finally got someone else to take over the leadership of that group tonight! Whew! :D

Anyway, DarthIshtar, Toran-Kal, and Spoo, I can get you a hardcopy sometime next week. The rest of this week is just too busy. The TOTJ crew is going on a camping trip to Goblin Valley on Friday to scout out filming locations. We have over 17 people going on that trip! :eek:

DarthIshtar, here's what you want...

A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    The Phantom Menace

There are many different recordings of the Star Wars Soundtracks, but the soundtracks linked to above are simply the best ever made. All of the CD's have UNRELEASED music on them and are true collector's pieces as well.

Don't be too shocked when you see the price on these. All of these soundtracks ARE DOUBLE CD's and are worth every penny! :cool:

Later,

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks for the info. Of course the best stuff is expensive. ::Sighs:: It'll have to wait until after my roommate's birthday, of course. Anyway, no rush on the script. Have fun on the scouting camping trip this weekend. I positively love Goblin Valley; it's one of the few places in Utah I actually HAVE been to.

18. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
    I'd be interested in the script too. Could I send my script to one of you for help in making it flow? I'm really excited right now because Maya has just shipped!
    On Tuesday at Media Play (I was there to pick up Terry Brooks' new book) I actually saw an original trilogy soundtrack boxed set. You might want to check that out.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks for the tip, andy. :)

20. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
  21. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
  22. Master_Beorn

Master_Beorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Hi there!

By any chance, are you needing help with the costumes? I am in Logan, but my fam lives in Provo, and I am down that direction frequently. Let me know.

Oh, and check out our site.
    We'll be getting some better pix up soon.

Beorn, Ravensmoon Replicas
    http://ravensmoon.com

23. Master_Beorn

Sep 26, 2001
    Hi there!

By any chance, are you needing help with the costumes? I am in Logan, but my fam lives in Provo, and I am down that direction frequently. Let me know.

24. Master_Beorn

Sep 26, 2001
    Hi there!

25. Master_Beorn

Sep 26, 2001
    Sorry about the multiple posts. Stupid computer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.