Aug 2011 Book Poll

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by Yoda_Jammies, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    No "other" this time. If you want a write in candidate (NO AQUA YODAS!), well, just write it in (the extra tab just got too confusing for some). But, if you are so inclined, please chime in with your book idea!

Courtship returns, to run again. The Dave Woverton epic does introduce some important concepts to the Star Wars Universe that probably will be overwritten by the cartoon by the time you read it.

Falcon is a great book by James Luceno: a GREAT SW writer. A stand alone that also ties into Three big story arcs (The Clone Wars, Legacy of the Jedi, Fate of the Jedi); but is still a neat stand alone adventure. I may even have my Falcon model kit done by then.

Riptide is the new book. A paperback that follows Jaden Kerr as he (or she if you were like me and 11 when the game came out) does stuff. I'm sure a stealth X will be in the book somewhere.

Jammies
  2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Gonna try and get "Courtship" elected. Wouldn't mind re-reading "Falcon" again though. Han Solo>Jaden Kerr.
  3. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Well, I went with the Falcon read... I decided the Courtship thing might be a little mushy. [face_batting]
  4. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Is Courtship tuning into the Ross Perot of the book club? Will it lose twice?
  5. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    yep, courtship is losing. VOTE FALCON!!!!!!!!!
  6. LordZannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh I'm still going to purchase Courtship and read it. I'm sure we'll discuss it sooner or later. Even if it's over dinner, at a Meet and Eat. [face_batting]
  7. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Zannah:
    While it may have mushy moments, it is not a romance novel. Sith witches, Rancors, Overweight Imperial Warlords with Super Star Destroyers. Did I mention Sith witches and Rancors? What about Matriarchal queens with huge space fleets?

Also: domestic violence. Not sure how that got into a star Wars book. (Gun of command? Really Han?)
  8. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Two days left, and only six votes. This is a toss up. I may need to bring out the dry erase board and discuss the electoral college (which may be the next episode of Clone Wars).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.