main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Aug. 24-25 Plano convention

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by bebo_lokk, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    There will be another convention in Plano on August 24-25. So far, the Star Wars celebrities that will be there are:
    Carrie Fisher and Amy Allen.

Check here for more details and other celebs that will be there.

2. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I am thinking about going just because Carrie Fisher is going. I am not sure what else I need her to sign, but I can come up with something. :)

AGH!!! I have and addiction

3. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I'm there, dude.

4. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    So, is there a group going up for this? I don't expect Carrie Fisher will ever be back to Texas. In even event, I will be up there.

EDIT - Angela Cartright's going to be there, too!?! And the actress who played the little girl from the Birds! Woo-hoo!!! I will surely try my best to be there for this show!

5. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    I'm definately going to be there. There are a couple of people I want to meet!

6. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey, Houston FanForce! The Dallas/Ft. Worth FanForce would love to host an after-the-show event, like dinner, etc. with y'all and several other FanForce groups who have members in town for the show next weekend.

I noticed that y'all's meeting is also scheduled for next weekend, so if you want to pick a spokesperson for this trip, please post info on when/how long you'll be at the show on our MidSouth FanForce Get-Together at the Plano Show thread.

Put forth some suggestions on what you'd like to do or see while in town and we'll get something going like we did a couple months back during the DLP trip! :)

See y'all next weekend!

7. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    I'll be there in armor with the 501st. Are y'all going to have a booth again?

8. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    hey Buck, are you taking your boys with you?

9. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    Definately! One will be dressed as Obi-Wan Jr., the other as a podracing Anakin and my wife may even costume up for this one!
    We plan on a big march in, with all the non-troopers being prisioners. This will happen about 10 am, so get there early.

Have you had any luck finding a set of black armor? If you're like me and see the awesome power of the 501st this weekend - you will want to join us.

Buck
    TK-0506
    Star Garrison
    501st

10. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm thinking about going this weekend and Damian's birthday is on sunday so I think it may be fun.

The only black armor I've seen was that one ebay auction you showed me and it was exactly what I want. too bad i had no dough at that time.

I think it would be cool to join the 501st but the way things are looking it may not happen til next year.

11. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    Well, hope no-one went. It was a total bust of a convention. There were more 501st in armor on Sat. than there were customers in at the convention. I think Carrie cancelling kinda kept the crowds away. But we had a good time just with the troops. We went to the mall and ate at Dave & Busters, got kicked out by a 12yr old looking rent-a-cop.
    Hopefully the show in October will be much better.
    On the bright side, we got to hang out with Amy Allen for quite a bit. :D

12. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I was there, Buck, but didn't see you (I didn't go to Daves&Busters, though). Oh, yeah -- worst-turnout-ever. However, there were good deals to be found, and I had fun talking to the Lost in Space actors. I also met with the Dallas FanForce on official FF business, so that was cool.

Did you guys have a fun meeting?

13. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    What time did you go STryphe? We were there from about 10am to 1pm. Then from about 3pm to 6ish. I didn't return on Sunday but a few of the others did.

14. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Yes, the meeting was fun for the eight of us that went.

15. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Just a suggestion, but maybe the meetings would be a little more fun if we had some activities (like the dueling!)

Meeting at a restaurant didn't work well (imho), because in a group larger than 6, the people on one end of the table can't hear the people on the other end. Movies can be a good group activity (particuarly during the summer -> Cool, dark, cave!) but it's not very interactive. I'm really big on interactive stuff (read: games) and if you find the right game, it can be very social.

Just my $0.02 - I certainly didn't mind seeing everyone (who came) again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.