Snoho, WA Aug 7th Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    In attendance were Myself, Keith, Paulie and Marlow.

We talked about moving our meeting location to another pizza place. We decided to choose between the Alfy?s and the Pizza Hut both on 128th street in Everett. Both are easily accessible from either I-5 or Highway 99. My task will be to go inside each one and see which has the best layout for meetings of multiple people. And if one has a separate banquet room with TV/VCR set-up all the better.
    Our next regular meeting falls on Labor Day, so we decided to have a barbeque at my place on Monday, Sept 4. We did not decide on a time, but I think arriving between noon and 2 would be good, we?ll shoot for the main meal at about 3? Does that sound good? The rest of the time, we can watch movies and snack on bits that people bring. (I will most definitely have some snacky food to share as well, so if you can?t bring something, don?t worry, there will be munchables already there)

If you are coming, bring a side dish/and or beverage to share. I?ll have plates/napkins/cutlery etc? I will also provide hot dogs and buns. And maybe a fish as well. If you want something other than hot dogs, feel free to bring it to throw on the barby.

Paulie brought up that she had heard there was a road show that will have Peter Mayhew in attendance coming to our area sometime in Sept. She is tasked with finding out the exact time/date/cost and then we will organize a group outing to attend.

Also a reminder- SARLAAC (collectors club) meeting on Sept 8th will be at Marlows place in Renton. I forgot the meeting time, but if Marlow doesn?t get a chance to come in and post it, I will find out and update the info here. Getting to Marlows house is easy from I-405. I only know the way if you are heading south though. Take the exit number 4 (sunset boulevard) and take a left and go under the bridge and up the hill. You will have to follow the road all the way up till you see a Mcdonald?s, then you take a right then follow the road as it curves and then turn left into the apt building parking lot.

I will also have to get you the address of the apt building and the number to Marlow?s apt. I don?t seem to have it written down anywhere

-Cate-
  2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    I checked out the two pizza places and the winner is

Alfy's!

The Pizza Hut was just one big room and I did not like the layout, plus, their pizza is too greasy.

The Alfy's does not have a banquet room per se, but it is sectioned into areas and I think we can secure the Area that is right in front of a TV/VCR. Especially since I will always try and show up a few minutes early to arrange the tables.I did not ask if customers could change the channel on the TV and use the VCR to show video's but I have a feeling it won't be a problem, especialy since mondays are not all that busy

I will post another thread about the new location
  3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    BAD NEWS

I won?t be able to have a Labor Day BBQ at my place after all. I just found out that we have a family member (A cousin of mine) from out of state coming to town so there is going to be a family thing going on that day that I want to attend since this is actually someone in my family that I like and haven?t seen in two years and likely won?t see again for at least another 2 years. I hope this isn?t going to be too big a disappointment for anybody.

I am also going to post this in the meeting minutes thread since that is where I originally posted about the BBQ and on our yahoo group
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.