San Fran, CA Aug. Meeting - Sat. 8/13 - Letterman Dig. Arts Center...AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Those of you who went to the last one expressed interest in having it there again. Same time, 11 am.
  2. Harlock415 Jedi Padawan

star 4
  3. kay_dee Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, now that most of us have figured out how to get down there it shouldn't be as chaotic right? And the sun isn't so bad is it? ;)

At the moment I'll pencil it in on my calendar, but I've got a lot of stuff I'm working on this month so I'm not 100% sure if I can make it.

- Kay Dee
  4. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Hopefully, we'll have the same (if not more) people there to not only take a bigger group photo, but some of you also expressed interest in going to the Palace of Fine Arts next door.
  5. Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I missed the last meeting so count me in this time. It's on my calendar and I'll be sure to wear one of my SW shirts. I'm down to hang out after the meeting if you guys are. Just let me know where.
  6. Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight

star 2
    ditto, sista skywalker! matt, palace of fine arts sounds fun. we could take pics there too.
  7. Jazmachine Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Man, I wanna check this place out! I have the day off, but only to play the main stage of the San Jose Jazz Festival. Hopefully I can get a Saturday off next month or whenever you guys go back.
  8. SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have missed the last meeting as well but will make this next one. Maybe one of you can give me pointers on where to park and directions.[face_batting]
  9. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    BYOL (bring your own lightsaber) ;)
  10. Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I don't think I am going to be able to make this one. My bugs and I are doing a birthday party in San Mateo at 1:30 that day. But hopefully I will get to see most of you in SC.
  11. TheNohgri Jedi Youngling

Unfortunately Saturdays are no good for me as I work weekends. Hope you all have fun though. Boohoohoo :(
  12. Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Maybe one of my sisters will bring me. You know, the one that is in love with Hayden Christensen.

JR EDIT - Your joke isn't that funny, it's also agains the Terms of Service.
  13. sithlordblack Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I hated the fact that i had to work the last time. I think im not working that weekend so i can be there.
  14. Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling

star 2
    [lying]But it's true! He was wearing white tennis shoes, jeans, and a blue flannel with a white shirt inside. He was carrying a bunch of papers and had 2 guys behind him. He couldn't wave at us since he had all those papers in his hands, so he nodded at us and said "Hi!"[/lying]
  16. Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight

star 2
    btw robert how come u didn't like it there?

zero i can't believe u saw uncle george too!!! did u see his dog following behind too? /lying/
  17. Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling

star 2
    [lying]Yes! He was a golden retriever, just like the dog in Full House![/lying]
  18. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight

star 6
    Awwww darn... I'll be at Rancho Obi-wan at 12 noon... I was planning on crashing your meeting. :(
  19. Adyn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm going to try my bestest to make it... I know my "freedom" to roam has an expiration date these days hahahah. I'd love to see the whole crew again! As long as hubby hasn't made plans I'm not yet aware of LOL, I should be there!!
  20. AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    As I was looking forward to this next meeting, I thought I'd look back to the recent and no-so-recent past for inspiration. There already seems to be a semi-apathy about doing this again. (Almost like after waiting for 16 years to see Ep.I, everyone took for granted for seeing ANOTHER SW movie for Ep.II.) First off, those who are BART-ing from the East Bay, shall we meet again at Metreon at 10am on 4th and Howard Sts, for a car-pool "Caravan of Courage" ? [face_batting] And just in case, here is some Presidio info from the July Meeting:

http://boards.theforce.net/San_Francisco,_CA/b10448/20616533/p2

Secondly, as the main topic this weekend is discussing the future club web-site, I thought I'd dig deeper into this club's history to see just how far we have grown:

http://boards.theforce.net/San_Francisco,_CA/b10448/p25 (yeah, the first official SFFF post was 2/3/03)
    **I suggest you all scroll down to pages 24-22, as well...

And thinking about the future of this club, I found an interesting (closed) thread of an idea that is worth again looking into for the Fall:

http://boards.theforce.net/San_Francisco,_CA/b10448/13150351/?5

Finally, for those that want a little history lesson about the the Lady that graces these boards across the screen, and will be included in a special section of the new site, just go to pages 20-21.@};-

To know where you are going, you have to know where you've been. As as I look back at all this growth and healing this group has experienced, with all of the recent events, consistant numbers of meeting/event attendance, new female members [face_mischief],etc. - it truly gives me great pride to be a member of this club!=D=

Can't wait to see you all at this next meeting...
  21. Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight

star 2

awesome idea re the charity work anasianskywalker! i myself would like to vote for CAN since i am already going on thurs. the 18th's SF3 LOTR event, i can collect info there. i have a brother who is afflicted with autism, and would love to get more involved.

22. jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I hope I can make it. I have to be in the studio on saturday but maybe I can show up a bit late... :)
  23. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    If you don't find us, check the Palace of Fine Arts next door. Oh, and good news! The San Diego Star Wars Society will be joining our meeting on their way up to Steve Sansweet's place at 2 pm. :) Now, THAT will be a photo op!
  24. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight

star 6
    Thanks Matt! What time do you suggest we leave the Presidio to get to Steve's by 2pm? How long of a drive is it? If some of your members have not been on Steve's tour yet, we will probably have some spots open if anyone is interested.
  25. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Hmmm. I say 1 pm at the latest in case you get lost along the way. Maybe we could take the photo first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.