main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Aug. Meeting - Sat. 8/13 - Letterman Dig. Arts Center...AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    my siblings and i would love to go!!! how does this work, what must we do and where is it? thanks for letting us know, Mara Jade_Fan!

2. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    Hey, could you keep me posted if you guys are going out afterward?? I'll be done with my gig around 2pm and I'm down to kick it again if you guys are still out and about.

And whoever's going to Sansweets place, have a great time and make sure you have enough film/memory and battery power for your cameras 'cause you'll need them.

3. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    D'oh! Meeting Saturday. I think I can be there this time.
    I have to remember how I went to Palace of Fine Arts. It has been a few years, a long time...

Mara Jade_Fan: I agree with JazMachine. If you have not been there, be prepared to OVERWHELMED! TV coverage of his collection does not do it justice esp. when it is updated. As a certain Jedi once said, "You have taken your first step into a larger world."

END TRANSMISSION

4. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    FYI - Somethingelse to check out in between activities of the SFFF and the SDSWS , next door to Metreon at the Yerba Beuna Gardens:

http://pistahan.net/festival/index.htm

I know there are only 5 members that are actually Filipino, but it is worth checking out besides seeing the usual movie and hanging out at Things From Another World sci-fi/comic-book shop. ;)

5. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    hope to see you guys there!

6. Callisto_DAerisian

May 26, 2005
    ;) there are actually 5 1/2 members who are of filipino descent.

thanks though, i don't go to those because it's like going to family reunions. arrrggghhh.

'nuff said. [face_mischief]

7. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Lol 5 1/2

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    So far I'm taking myself & Dale, while picking up Brit at the same place as last time between 10-10:15-ish. I have room for two more.

9. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    10 AM?

Smeg that! I'll meet y'all there at noon.

10. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Matt, can I ride with you guys?

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Sure, Anne. Just meet me at the same place and time as last time.

12. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I hope I can make it, but I am broke this weekend! I'll call Matt if I can make it to the Metreon by 10 a.m. tomorrow!

13. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    So what time is the actual meet-up at the Presidio? 11:30? 11:00?

Thanks,

Kay Dee

14. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    i was told 11 am.

how long will it take to get there from the Financial District (on mission)?

i guess i'll find out...

15. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I can't go. :( So sucky.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    My car's all full now with myself, Dale, Anne M., Britt, and Erick. As for the drive from downtown, I'd say 30 minutes conservatively, (including looking for parking), and it's 11am.

17. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    D'oh - darn it you guys, I can't make this meeting either!!! I have to go to my fashion doll club meeting in the sunset at noon, and I have to go into work (long, ugly story) beforehand. I wanted see everyone and meet the SoCal folks. Oh well, I *will* be bringing a couple of my 12" Leias to the doll club meeting, so I guess that's sort of like being at a meeting ... not. Anyway, have fun and to those going to Steve's house, you will *love it.*

18. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Hey Annne (LeiaAsylum), you could meet with us later. After the SDSWS does their tour, we may meet them back in the City sometime today. :) Give us a Call!

19. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    My transportation was borrowed without my knowledge thus missing the meeting. I'm sure you guys had fun. Sorry I missed Linda and the rest of SD, I heard they made an appearance. Has not been a nice week.

20. Zero_has_lightsaber

Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2005
    I apologize for the behavior of my little sister who isn't a member but came along. She is one of those preppy types that hates all "nerd" things and kept giving obscene hand gestures whenever we took a picture with her in it.

It would be nice if Eva brings one of her dogs to our meeting if my little sister shows up again to keep her in line. You see, she has an extreme phobia of all animals, including the pigeons at the Metreon (No, I am not being sarcastic. She screams like she is being murdered when a pigeon swoops down and picks at her food at the Metreon).

21. Callisto_DAerisian

May 26, 2005
    omg JT - - did ur car get stolen? that is awful! so sorry.

zero - - LOL. she was, however, giving the gesture to me. she likes to do that to me once in a while, which is really weird because she hates birds as you mentioned. i guess she's not afraid of that one.

22. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    It was great seeing you guys again. I hope y'all enjoyed my um hem... HOMEMADE cookies. I haven't been up there for a while so it was nice to see the presidio and the exploratorium. The Yoda statue ROCKS!

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks for letting us crash your meeting at your beautiful new meeting place. It looks like your membership has really grown, congratulations on that! It was great meeting some of the new members. Sorry I didn't make it over to the Metreon on Saturday, I did get there on Sunday though. I had one of those headaches sneak up on me Saturday... the kind where if I didn't take medicine and go to bed right away, it would linger for three days... not fun. Anyway, I had a blast in SF, and even took a boat tour under the bridge and around Alcatraz. I'll post the pics as soon as I get them uploaded.

Linda :)

24. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    hopefully we didn't disrupt your meeting too much with our shivering!!! ;)

glad to hang out with the SF FF at the presidio, and again with matt, eric and dale at the metreon that night!

25. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey James - you weren't the only one shivering! I'm glad you guys could join us :)

I didn't take many photos, but here are a few from that day at the Presidio and our journey through the Exploratorium.

August meeting photos

- Kay Dee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.