main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Aug. Meeting - Sat. 8/13 - Letterman Dig. Arts Center...AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    and here are my photos from the trip, including hanging out at the presidio. i'd be happy to email any photos out, if desired.. just let me know which ones.
    at Imagestation

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks for sharing the photos James. Wow, Sansweet has so much stuff packed in there! I'll bet it's easy to overlook some things. I dunno about that place you all ate at, I think the Nachos there are giving Northern California a bad reputation ;)

- Kay Dee

3. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    well, next time i'm up in the area, you guys will have to direct me to some place with real nachos to redeem Northern California's name.

4. jawbreaker666

jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    That meeting and trip...ahhh...wish I could have been there. It sounds like you guys had a great Time!! :)

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Here are my pics from the meeting, Steve's Collection, and fisherman's wharf:

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/san_francisco_805/

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks for sharing your photos Mara_Jade! I'm sorry to hear you got a headache on the trip (I remember sharing a few Motrin with someone else in your group that day). Sometimes travelling can do that to you. The cruise around the bay is fun though isn't it?

So, in that massive collection I'd imagine Steve Sansweet has to have a few Kobold flashgun style droid callers! (That's what I'd like to see - I've been hunting for a reasonably priced one for a costume). I'd also love to see the Princess Leia necklace from ANH in person! (I've made one replica but I plan to make another upgrade)

- Kay Dee

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I am sure he has the droid callers, but I don't recall seeing them, there is so much and a lot of it is hidden behind other stuff or up on the second floor in boxes, or in front three rooms all in boxes waiting to be unboxed.

I took pics of the Leia necklace because my daugther Leia has that costume from ANH, and I need to find someone to make her a necklace like that. She won't wear her costume without it. :(

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I made mine out of sculpey covered in silver leaf. If I had to do it again in sculpy I'd use a silver leaf pen rather than the sheets of foil for a smoother look.

[image=http://kay-dee.net/costumes/leia_cermonial/necklace.jpg]

I'd like to learn how to use Precious Metal Clay to actually make mine out of real silver. There is a bead shop in my area that has classes on how to make jewerly with PMC - just haven't gotten around to it yet ;) And now thanks to your great photo I have a clearer picture of the actual shape of the pieces!

- Kay Dee

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ Your necklace looks pretty close to the one Steve had I'd say.

10. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    just added some photos that dale sent me. they're at the end of the album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.