New Hamp Aug. Meeting ?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey guy's,
    Sorry I've been a way for a bite. I'm working in a new store for the summer and the drive alone is about 15 hours a week. :eek:

Soooooooo.......... Whats new with everyone? Soory agian about the yard sale . But we'll work it out.

Now, about this coming meeting? I have to talk with Rik first but I was going with Aug 8th. ? Does that sound good to you guy's? I can not be there on Aug 1st. my asst. is on vaction and I have to work. I still have to check with Rik on this but if it's ok with him well go w/ the 8th.

1st thing I have to do is see if Rik is still here? Anyone know? I know he is going on vaction himself over sea for about a month right? But I dont know when? If any one out there may know...let me know. I'll try to call him on monday.

Ok.......tell them.......

SeeYa!!
    TK

OH ya, what do we think about the new name?
    Post a reply up there if you'd like.
  2. SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey TK, when Jason and I went to drop off the stuff for the yard sale on Friday July 16th we were talking to Rik and he said that he wasn't going on vacation. In fact he asked me if I had your phone number and I said no. I actually mentioned this in the PM I sent you that I didn't have your phone number but I guess you didn't see it. Aug. 8th is fine with me TK.
  3. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    The 8th seems good to me as well. When/if are we going to have the yard sale? I have a few more things to put in.

Looking forward to see everyone again!
  4. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    Man I've been so busy that it feels like It's been months since I met with you guys. What are we discussing this time, and what about activities.
  5. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hi all,
    Stay waiting to hear from Rik on the meeting on Sunday. I've left a couple messages at the store and just have not heard back from him. I'll give it another go tomorrow. Hope to see everyone on sunday.

K.........
    SeeYa!!
    TK

I'll let you if it's a go by thursday . I hope ! lol :)
  6. SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey TK, do you know if we are having the meeting Sunday because I have to know what I'm doing this weekend.
  7. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys, I won't be able to make a meeting Sunday. There's just too much going on for me right now. Sorry! :( Please fill me in on what happened if there is a meeting though!
  8. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    Um hello. R We meeting or what?

I've got another thing I'd like to do otherwise, but my loyalties are with the MMs first. There are things for us to do, talk about and accomplish but if it's not happening this time I'll do, talk about and accomplish something with a few people at the Craftsmans fair in sunapee.

Arts and crafts projects and courses, as well as some spiffy looking things I can spend money I dont have on.
  9. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    you are all welcome to join me at the crafts fair all this week. I'll be getting there after noon and staying until 4:30 if you're intrested let me know. (admission is $8 for a two day pass).
  10. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey peeps, I take it there was no meeting yesterday? Any thought of making it up later in the week or another Sunday?
  11. JangoFett3263827 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, I'm back from my 2 weeks of vacation in California and I would like to suggest the 22nd of August as preferable. Anything this month is fine, I just want to make a MEETING!!!!!
  12. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey Guy's,
    What an AWESOME meeting we had on Sunday !! LOL !! :)

I'm just kiddin' as you know we did not have a meeting on sunday. Hey, did anyone else happen to go to the Cantina on sunday like me. :) Oh, well I had not heard from Rik so I was not sure if we were having one or not. So I drove over just in case and found the note on the door. What was the date? Aug. 22th back from vacation ? Something like that. Oh well !! :)

It was a good day for a drive anyways. Well I guess will have to work on another time maybe this month. Someone else I just read said the 22th. but I dont think Rik is back by then. I mean we can always meet some place else or new for once if anyone would like , seeing that we can't us the shop for a while??? I't up to you guy's.

Just let me know. We can always have it a my place. I have a great rec. room here where I live and it's free of charge. We can all ways make a run to my comic shop. I can show everyone it and Jump Gate. Plus I have 3 wal-mart with in 15/20 min of each other. A toy's R us , 2 K-bey, adn K-mart all with in 15 min a me. We could make our next meeting a field trip. LOL !! Oh well, let me know.

If not we can just wait agian till Sept. and start fresh there. Ok, hope all is well with everyone.

SeeYa!!
    TK

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    That actually sounds like a great idea TK! Have the meeting in your rec room and then head out for a field trip to find some goodies! I'm for it... anyone else?
  14. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know how difficult that would be and what kind of travel time is involved. If we meet, then we could possibly carpool to the locations. Someone bring a camera so Rik can 'Attend' later.

Like I offered before if anyone wants to attend the crafts fair I can meet them there. They have a differant workshop each day and I will usually be doing them. ($8 admission for two days- this sunday is the last day) I've had fun everyday since saturday. If nothing else I have non star wars craft ideas that others might enjoy and maybe could be made SW relavent.

Let me know via post or Private message on this board and I'll try and meet up with you.

I'll check daily to see what is going on with the plans.
  15. SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey TK, I don't know if you saw my post about the meeting and I kept checking the forum up until Sunday morning. I even called Rik myself and left a message but he never got back to me. So Jason and I went to the Cantina Sunday morning and we saw the notice on the door. I'm not sure but I think the notice said that Rik would be back from vacation on the 12th of August. Whatever you guys decide about the next meeting is fine with me.
  16. RikSMaximus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry guys...Things have been mental...I've been MIA because I got a new job, and I'm working nights now...I didn't go to the Philippines with Beth & Terrence because I didn't have the vacation time at the new place...so I'm still in town...Store hours are limited until Beth gets back Sept 9...Right now, we're only open until 5:00 PM Th, Fr & Su...Sat is still till 8:00 PM. Some of those nights I will still be opened until 8, but call in advance...I can only guarantee til 5:00 PM...

We had left off that August meet was going to be left in the hands of everyone else in the group because I was supposed to be over seas...So, I just figured I'd miss that meet...And DJ, I didn't get that message until it was too late...I did, however close the shop on August 7-8...Hey...Even I need to take time off, guys...so I'm sorry if you showed up and the shop was closed...

By the way...we have to schedule the yard sale soon, because I absolutely cannot keep all that stuff in my garage for too much longer...I'd say Saturday, the 28th is best for me...And by the way, I don't think I'll be able to store whatever is left after the sale, either, so that means some stuff will be going home with you too...

Once again...Sorry guys...August is a ball busting month for me...I have not the support of Beth here to cover the store, and with the new long hours (12 hour shifts) of my new job, I'm literally averaging 2-3 hours sleep a night. I hope you can take my new unique situation into consideration...Hope all is well with everyone...

Rik
  17. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    My suggestion is that we have our meeting this Sunday on the 22nd, probably at TK if that is a good central location for everyone. Maybe TK can post some directions to his place? If that is too far out of the way maybe we could meet somewhere in Manchester? Just a thought,

As for the Yard Sale, we should have enough lead time going in, so at least 1 week to advertise. So if we are going to have it on the 28th, we should have something put in the paper this weekend and next, and get all the permits that we need. After the yard sale all remaining items we could donate to Good Will or just trash.

Talk to you all soon!
  18. SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    The 28th is not good for me for the yard sale because Jason and I are going to the Red Sox game.
  19. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm... so I take it from the lack of communication that we won't be having a meeting tomorrow? Anyone have an update?
  20. SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry guys, I made a mistake the Red Sox game is on the 29th not the 28th so Jason and I will be attending but we can't be there for 7AM but we'll still be there probably around 10AM.
  21. RikSMaximus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well...I definitely can't make a meet tomorrow (Sunday the 22nd)...I'm working this weekend, and won't be home until about 9:00 AM Sunday...by the time I eat, and chill for a few...it'll be 10:00 AM...so that means MAYBE 1.5 hours sleep (gotta shower), open the shop at noon...in there till 5:00 PM...Drive back to Cambridge...work another 12 hours...And I can say right now, I haven't slept in like 48 hours...so, meeting ain't gonna happen today, gang...sorry...

And we have to have that yard sale soon...I gotta clear out the garage because I have to have someone come in to work on the door (it's been busted for like a year and a half)...Oh...and if folks can't make the yard sale for 7:00 AM...I mean hey...that's when "yard salers" do their thing...they don't go yard saling at 10 or 11 am!! Bite the bullet...be there...!! Small sacrifice...go to bed early the night before...!!

Rik
  22. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Well guys, it's getting to crunch time. We have to figure out if we cn di this yard sale thing or not. In regards to Rik, he's been very generous letting us store stuff in his garage for the time being, but I have to agree with him, we can't just let it sit there. So we have to come up with a plan on what to do.

Basically what needs to be done:

-Decide on a firm date, with at least a week lead time so we can advertise it properly. Recently I've found that Sunday might be a better day for a yard sale, where you will get the regular yard sale group, PLUS get the church goers coming and going to church.

-Have a definate number of people who will be able to show up and work the sale. Depending on the amount of stuff we have, 4-5 people might be enough.

-Do we have a definate time for the yard sale? Start time - 7am? 8? I'm thinking that we should probably end around 3 pm. By then everything will be picked clean.

-After the yard sale, what about cleanup? Will we trash everything (is there even a dumpster nearby?), or donate it to good will? I'm think as it stands this yard sale will be a one shot deal, for I know myself I have NO room to store anything.

Can anyone think of anything? If we can hold the yard sale on a Sunday I can defiantely be there, so count me in. If not, I will try to help out any way possible. We just have to get in gear guys!! Let's make the trip to C3 possible!!
  23. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I'll be glad to be afternoon support for anyone and maybe bring some nik-naks later in the day. I just don't see myself making it in time for a morning run.

I can't remember but those of us with storage space in self storage places (TK did you offer?) might be able to offer space if the set up isn't done in time.
    As far as location goes is the cantina the place? Do we want to do it somewhere else? So Rik doesn't have to deal with the little things and could even get some sleep if he wanted. Make it an advertising event for the Cantina do it in high traffic areas.

As for after wards I have pretty limited space in my storage bin but I might be able to hold stuff. I'm also looking into the attempt by my storage place to do another yard sale in Sept. Like last time I'm sure they will have tables for non customers and they drew a crowd of at least 200.

So let me know what you like and I'll do my best to do my duty to the force and the mandalorians... (modified boy scouts oath, sheesh).

As for schedual times for meetins. Might I suggest that we all type in with our next three free days and on a day we have a 2/3 majority we get a meeting together (cantina or mall or Barnes and Noble if we have to) There we can work on schedualing future events and ways we can lend a hand to Rik so the poor guy can have a little rest and some fun with freinds too.
  24. SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey guys, are we having the yard sale tomorrow because if not Jason and I will probably go to the movies. I hear what you guys are saying about the yard sale and I have no problem with it. I understand your situation Rik but Jason already said that he didn't want to get up that early because he works all week. I work two days at the hospital and two days with my father, plus I just started a new job working one day a week. So after working the whole week I kinda like getting my sleep. I'll ask Jason again but I know that he won't want to get up that early. Jason and I will probably still take a ride up to the store so I can pick up my Leia Unleashed after lunch.
  25. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone, just wondering what's up, if you're still alive lol. Not much activity lately... hope everyone is fine and we can get together soon...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.