Seattle, WA August 12th Meeting--Ren Faire

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediYvette, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 7
    I know we have some people providing transportation, but how do we want to meet up for that, what time, where (individual houses or somewhere centeralized), that sort of stuff.
    Also, where at the faire should the 2 groups meet? I vote by the jousting ring, since its hard to miss. :)
    And I have invited other FanForces' members. Maybe we will be able to meet them there. :)

Costumes are not required, but remember to bring your lightsaber. :)
    If you need one PM me.
  2. JarusSarn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So, do you think anyone will be in costume? Kelli and I are gonna try and have some costumes to bring that might "loosly" be tied to "fantasy" and will certainly be Star Wars... :D
  3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master

star 4
    Darn it, I wish I could go, I already have plans to attend that ren-fair August 5th and 6th with Marlow. and the 12th is my sons Birthday, so we are staying home to celebrate that day.

-Cate-
  4. JarusSarn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    DOH!!!

And I suppose the Seattle people can't do a different weekend??
  5. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 7
    The 2nd Saturday is already planned. It's the day I already got off. And its our regular meeting day. I am sorry about that. :(

I am going in REN costume, but some Seattle FFers thought it may be fun to do Star Wars costumes if it isn't too hot out. Either way can be loads of fun. :D
  6. JarusSarn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds like the Spokane group is gonna have to pick between those two weekends... this puts us in an awkward position. Hmmm... methinks we'll need better communication in the future :D

The costumes that Kelli and I are thinking of doing are some "ancient jedi" concepts... fancy billowy robes...
  7. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Hopefully I'll be able to attend this meeting. I'll be close to if not already moving into my new apartment, so that could get in the way, or eventual employment could render me shackled to the chains of corporate America. But otherwise, I will definitely be good to go for a day or two of revelry in my usual piratical attire.
  8. AmmersVI Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Good luck moving!

I think it would be cool to meet up in a place that is convenient for everyone. It reduces the chances of getting lost trying to pick everyone up individually.
  9. JediFarfy Jedi Master

star 4
    That's a good idea. We should consult (off the boards if you all want) on where we actually live and what is a good spot. Downtown probably wouldn't be good since we'd all have to get there, then get out at a decent hour. Any ideas? Mine all involve Starbucks pretty much. :p

JediFarfy
  10. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 7
    I have a friend visiting and also wants to attend REN FAIRE, so he can grab me and Sheridan and anyone nearby my house who needs a ride. I guess this mostly means figuiring out who leaves near each other then figuring it out from there. :p

Anyone from South Seattle, I have one more seat. :)

Do we all want to meet before we drive off (STABUCKS, like Sheridan said maybe) or just meet at the Faire? I still vote that our final meet up should be at the jousting ring.

Knights... [face_love]

:p
  11. JediFarfy Jedi Master

star 4
    I think we should all meet before we hit the road for the faire, just to be sure we're all together, make sure we have CAMERAS and lightsabers, etc. That way we're all not heading off at different times and not getting a lot done together because we're waiting for someone (aka, we can all get stuck in traffic, all get lost, etc.).

[link=http://www.washingtonrenfaire.com/]Washington Renaissance Faire link! Click me![/link] Click on Maps for directions AND a map of the faire grounds.

Oh, and the Seattle Knights are not going to be there. They're at another, smaller faire in Carnation. [link=http://cavalloeqarts.com/]These people[/link] are the jousters.

JediFarfy
  12. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Ammers! :)

And I agree with all meeting up somewhere before we head out and exchanging cell phone numbers and all so we can call each other on the road if something comes up and assist in finding each other at the faire. And curses, no Seattle Knights! I haven't seen their beautiful shows in years, and I need my fix from Tir Na N'og! Guess I'll have to find my way out to the Camlann faire.

As for location, if I haven't moved into my apartment yet I'll be out in Issaquah, but I can bus into town and meet anywhere. If I have moved into my apartment, then I'll be on Capitol Hill, but can still of course bus to anywhere.

EDIT: Woah, somehow the message got kinda blotted there. [face_hypnotized]
  13. JediFarfy Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool, there are lots of buses. [link=http://transit.metrokc.gov/]King County Metro website[/link] and the [link=http://www.soundtransit.org/]Sound Transit website[/link] can both help you get to whereever we're going to meet. Metro has a (picky) Trip Planner that gives you the specific buses and stuff.

JediFarfy
  14. Maco_Star Jedi Youngling

star 2
  15. JediFarfy Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't help it! They're even in my favorites! So is the ren faire site. And some other sites... And Google Earth is usually running... [face_blush]

JediFarfy
  16. Maco_Star Jedi Youngling

star 2
    lol...you're great!!! yvette and i were just talkin bout that today...we are so lucky to have you...cause i'm NOT organized!
  17. JediFarfy Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww! Well, can't help it, and I'm glad to do it! :D

JediFarfy
  18. Maco_Star Jedi Youngling

star 2
    so noone has pmed me with there character info....for the online comic...i got yvette and i...thats it...i wanna get started so someone PLEEEEAAASE...
  19. AmmersVI Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow~ I signed out early last night and missed out on a ton of stuff!
    I think meeting up before hand would be a good idea too. That way if anyone needed a ride still or if we wanted to consolidate cars we could.
  20. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 7
    Okie, were is a central place? I would be coming up from the South Seattle area. :)
  21. AmmersVI Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I come from North of downtown. But anywhere south is fine, it is on the way to the fair.:)
  22. JediFarfy Jedi Master

star 4
    Might I suggest the Burien Starbucks on 1st Ave. by Safeway? It's right next to the freeway so we just have to jump onto the road and go! :D

JediFarfy
  23. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 7
    We could even have a short meeting (September activies, distribute t-shirts if we have them etc) and travel from there. :)
    I think its a great idea to meet there. Any oposition?

Also, I need an official time for the event so we can have something posted at the FanForce main page. I was thinking noon?
    And they want directions so we can have them from the Starbucks?
    Ideas? Discontentments?
  24. JediFarfy Jedi Master

star 4
    I was thinking earlier, like 10am, since it takes 2 hours just to get there. Well, about 2 hours. Remember, everything is either just down the road, or 2 hours away for me. :p

JediFarfy
  25. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking--meet at Starbucks at 10 am, then be there by noon. :)

Would that work for everyone?
    That can be the official time then if it needs moved back from some, we'll plan accordingly too. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.