main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq August 18th Minutes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ChromiumTHC, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChromiumTHC

ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    A decent turnout for our 3rd official meeting, finally cementing our FanForce into permanent history. Congratulations Mos Alba!
    I'd like to thank PageOne Books for allowing us to host our meetings there today and in the future.

In September we'll be having our costuming workshop on the 22nd (the 3rd Sunday of the month). We'll start early in the day by having our official meeting at 11am at PageOne. We'll transition later on to whichever house we decide to hold our workshop at after that. In the next few weeks we'll be coming up with an official list of fabric and material anyone will need to create their own Jedi robes. We'll also have some tools and equipment on hand to start working on some of our lightsabers as well. Skyra, Lady Naberrie, and Padawan Kenobi all have access to sewing machines that might be volunteered for our workshop.

Preliminarily, some fabric stores to check out are Hancock Fabrics on San Mateo near Comanche.

We're still looking for any place where we can get some inexpensive boots to go with our costumes, so please be on the lookout!

Wook and Skyra are collaborating on the logistics of what it takes for us to get our own shirts. Details to be posted soon.

We talked about the DVD release in November and we're going to try to get Hastings to do a food drive/contest with us to help bring some publicity to it. I'll be contacting the manager of the Wyoming and Montgomery store about this in the near future. Also I'll be contacting someone from Roadrunner about our food donations. We also all agreed not to deal with any monetary donations as this might complicate things unnecessarily.

I'll be making some flyers for us to distribute at our various functions, and at various locations. Let me know if you'd like some for wherever you might like to put them up. (Schools, Stores, Libraries, etc.)

And finally this next weekend upcoming is Bubonicon, so I'll definitely have some flyers posted up for that. We'll also be visiting it on different days throughout the weekend. I myself on Saturday and Skyra and possibly Wook on Sunday. Several other members also expressed their interest. We hope to see you there!
    (Let me know if any of you need a ride on Saturday. We'll work it out somehow. :) )

Special thanks to SithLord Aaron for bringing along his crafted lightsaber and for inspiring the rest of us to make our own!

All in all a productive meeting, I'm glad to see us getting off the ground to such a good start. Thank you all for making it happen.

2. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    You are most welcome Chromium, but it's people like yourself who have kept the ball rolling, as well as being our City Rep.
    Thanks for all the stuff you do!

3. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Sounds like quite the productive meeting yesterday. A good one to finally make us official! Yay! I definitely want to get a shirt so I can proudly wear it here in Tucson 8-}
    On a separate note, I stopped by WalMart here yesterday to grab some stuff I forgot at home, and of course I made my way back to the toy section. Man, they have one of the worst SW displays I've ever seen. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me when I get back in Dec ;)
    Great work with the FanForce everyone, can't wait to see you all when I get back!

4. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Im not good with street names around here Brian :p but was the Wal*Mart across the street from JB's? If so, I have seen that one also, it sucks so bad :( But they did that to make room for stupid Harry Pothead stuff :mad:

5. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    If anyone would like to see my *NEW* website for JC icons then please do so http://www.angelfire.com/clone/ladynabbys_jcicons/ copy & paste that :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.