main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

August 2006 Meet: POSTPONED!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Title says it all. Really want to have a big ol' multi-chapter meet next month to start stoking the SMF fire.

First thing we need to do is set a date. First weekend (8/5-8/6) is out for me. I'm taking a much needed vacation down on the Cape that whole week. Right now the following 3 weeks are good but I'll need to double check with the boss (aka Mrs Wormie) first. Start chiming in on which days work best for you guys and hopefully we can come to a date that works for all of us. Once we do, we can work on forming a list of 'Hot Topics' that we need to discuss.

I'll also be posting meet info on the Foxboro, Providence and New England boards.

Thanks!

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    The 20th will be out for me b/c my family is taking me to a Brockton Rox (indie baseball) game to celebrate my birthday (my actual birthday, the 22nd, is out b/c the Rox will be on a road trip, and the Sunday afternoon game is the closest). The 13th and the 27th work for me, and both of those Saturdays (the 12th and the 26th) also work.

3. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Any sunday works for me =) I work saturdays so I would show up late if at all.

4. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I think I posted on the Foxboro thread for this. I am open most weekends except the last weekend in Aug 26th and 27th. I will be back in the frozen wasteland that weekend aka Hoth aka Minnesota visiting some former co-workers/friends and meeting up with some of the collectors on sandtroopers.com.

If we are going to do a swap meet like previously suggested I would recommend people getting a list together of what they want and then have people respond with what they can help with. That would limit the number of items people would have to drag along and make it easier to do things with. Not sure if a swap is even going to happen or not I figured I would throw that out.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It's still a posibility Jorge, absolutely. I just want to set a date and see how many people from the boards are going to make it before I get into the the details of a swap.

6. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am away for the weekend of the 19th and 20th of August.

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Seems to me everyone so far can make it on the weekend of the 12th and 13th. :)

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    The weekend of the 12th should work. I know I will be working Sats and Sunday mornings pretty much the rest of the summer I do work in Marlboro so I should be able to head over after work. Just need a time and we will be all set. I can bring a few items to help out with the food.

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay, thanks for the input guys. Looks like we can start planning for Sunday, August 13th rain or shine. I think 1:00 is a good time to start the festivities. I'll supple the basics, Burgers, dogs, buns and the fixings. Probably some macaroni salad as well. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide who wants to bring what. Just post what you plan on bringing with ya.

My place is a fairly easy place to get to. Right off Rt 495, one exit south of the Pike. I'll send out more detailed direction as we get a little closer to the 'big day'. There's also a MBTA station about 10 minutes from my house in Ashland if anyone need to ride the rails.

We're also going to attemp a 'swap meet' so for those collectors out there, feel free to bring along some of your SW stuff. If you want to post goodies what you're bringing, just add it to what food your bringing when you post. I also plan on opening the meet up to some of the local collectors over on Sandtroopers.com. A few of us already know the guys over there and they're always up for meeting more people of the Star Wars persuation.

10. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hello there, Gentlemen! [face_laugh]

The 13th might actually work for me too... my kids are usually with their Dad on Sundays so, I should be free. My daughter has a Saga Obi-Wan that she got for her birthday in duplicate so, I will talk to her and see if she wants me to bring it to swap out. I am holding onto all my SW stuff for now... I don't think I have any dups anyway.

I will probably be bringing my room-mate who hasn't posted here yet (the one who was interested in the fantasy football).

Perhaps I can bring some home-made fudge for dessert? I'll confirm that as the date gets closer.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That date sounds like a good one. Just need to add it to my calander so I remember it.

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I just found out I will probably be away in Bar Harbor that weekend. :(

Not sure if that can be changed but will find out soon.

13. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Yeah I won't be going :(

Are you guys still doing a swap?

I am getting some stuff together for a swap.

Let me know what you guys are looking for?

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Sorry to hear you can't go Chris. I am still looking forward to going. Since it is on a Sunday I won't be working. I tend to only work Saturdays now unless I need to get a side project down. Since I have been given a new position and given a flat rate they tend to give me more work to make more money got to love that. lol

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Sorry to hear you won' be able to make it Chris. A swap is still a possibility. I need to figure out how many are coming and who among them is interested in swapping goodies. (I probably could have phrased that better). I'll keep you guys updated.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Bad news guys. The wife and I received an invitation yesterday to a christening that is on the 13th. :oops: So the cookout either needs to be rescheduled or cancelled. The options right look to be either Saturday the 12th which I know is hard for alot of people or the 20th, which would be the following Sunday. If either of these dates don't work for the majority, we'll have to push it off until the end of September.

I apologize for this change in plans guys.

17. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The 12th would be fine for me, Mike.

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    what ever date yall decide I should be able to go with except for the last weekend in Aug.

19. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Have we settled on the new date yet?

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Not yet Richie. Still waiting for a couple of more people to chime in. I'll have a 'final decision' by this weekend. Sorry for any inconvenience.

21. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I would actually be OK w/ a reschedule in September, too, so maybe we should have it then so we can get Chris' input on the Supermegafest planning. Just not Labor Day weekend, as that would conflict w/ the event @ Chris' house.

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, without as much input as I would have liked in selecting a 'make-up' date for the scheduled August meet it looks like we'll scrap the August meet and shoot for one in mid-to-late September.

Feel free to post what days you would most likely be available and we'll go from there.

Thanks guys (and gals)!

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Any Sunday in that timeframe should work for me. :)

24. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey Guys!

Just checking in.

Late September would probably work for me and Sundays are usually better as I won't have the kids. Just can't do Labor Day weekend or September 10th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.