main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

August 21st Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, kiddies, it's that time again. We'll be meeting at 6PM on August 21st at South Park Mall. On the agenda this time:

Bowl for Kids Sake 2005

"The Valley View Project"

Celebration III

Episode III planning

London Symphony Concert with the Rebel Legion and Ohio Garrison

Whirllyball with Pittsburgh FanForce

Emperor Elections (an idea of Jon's, I'll tell everyone about it at the meeting)

In lieu of certain happenings, I motion for some sort of tribute to Kevin. Most presumably, at the very least, something on the website in his honor.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Regarding something for Talon Squad Leader/Kevin...of course we'll do something for him on the website, I already asked his mother's permission to pay tribute to him on our website and eventually do something with American Kidney Fund or the Make A Wish Foundation.

Once we're done with LSO, and AHA Heart Walk, and before "Valleyview Project"...we'll do something in Kevin's memory!

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Anymore people planning on going to the Southpark meeting? Have to know how many tables to push together...so we can all hear each other ;)

I talked with Coyote (over on OG boards) he's gonna try and be there. We need to encourage NE Ohio people from OG that they are more then welcome to participate in anything we do up here. Regardless of the "jedi" name, we're all just SW fans at heart.

August 21st Meeting - Southpark Mall
    Don
    Krash
    BMack
    Reborn_Jedi
    Padawan92
    JJJ
    Malo-ha
    TheJediCole?
    Jade-Walker
    Beltayn?
    Coyote?

4. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    You mentioning Jim reminds me that we should also tell the Youngstown people.
    I'll contact Danielle by OG boards.

5. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Here are the minutes from the meeting (they're Don's notes).

The Bowl 4 Kids Sake 2005 kickoff lunch is Thursday, October 14th at Carraba's Italian Grill. All B4KS participants are invited but seating is limited, you must RSVP by October 1st.

The Valley View Project was unveiled. In it we are hoping to contact area movie theaters about selling raffle tickets for Star Wars swag when Episode III premieres. We are also looking into the possibility of hosting Amy Allen and/or Joe Corroney (sp?) for autograph signings with proceeds going to B4KS 2005.

The London Symphony Orchestra's 100th anniversary tour will be in Cleveland on September 19th. The Rebel Legion and 501st are appearing in costume. If you have a costume contact one of our RL or 501st members about appearing. Tickets are currently on-sale. There is no set JKOC section, if you wish to attend just go get your tickets and have fun.

Coinciding with the LSO concert, the Akron Children's Hospital is having a meet-and-greet with children in the cystic fibrosis ward on Thursday, September 1st. Anyone who has a costume and wishes to attend should contact Jade-Walker.

Celebration III hotels - Jedi Master Sal should know more about the possibility of purchasing a large block of rooms once Gen Con and LFL start selling rooms in September.

Episode III premiere - Several members expressed interest in attending a Midnight showing again. DonC, Darth Zod, Random Menace and JediKnightPasJoDacle attended a Midnight showing of Attack of the Clones and had a blast. As mentioned above, we are also looking into selling raffle tickets at area theaters for our B4KS Charity Raffle.

Whirlyball with FanForce Pittsburgh - We are currently in the early planning stages of a Whirlyball or Laser Tag match against our friends in Pittsburgh on Saturday, November 13th (the day before the Browns beat the Steelers). The date in tentative.

DVD release - We are currently approaching local stores about appearing in costume for the September 21st release of the Original Trilogy on DVD. This appearance would include posting recruitment flyers at the store and having our members meet customers in an organized event.

DVD Viewing Party/Going Away Party for Anrev - Anrev_the_Jedi is moving to Denver in October so we are planning a going-away party for him on September 25th. Current plans call for a pot luck-type dinner and possibly viewing one or two of the Original Trilogy DVDs, depending on the location of the going-away party.

Emperor Elections - With the real-life presidential elections almost upon us, JediKnightPasJoDacle thought it would be a fun idea to have our own mock election for Emperor of the JKOC. This is not an official title, just something done for fun. If approved by TF.N, the winner will receive the title "Honorary Emperor - JKOC" for a short period of time. We will be starting a thread for this should anyone wish to run. All Emperor Elections posts must be kept in this one thread.

Let Kenobi Be Kenobi - The American Heart Association walk will be held Saturday, September 18th from 9:30AM to 11:30AM at the University of Akron Field House. Anyone wishing to volunteer to be a Water Station Attendant (basically you encourage the walkers and hand them water) should PM Krash. We are also looking to do volunteer work with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and American Kidney Fund in honor of our friend Kevin Siminske, Talon Squad Leader, who passed away recently at the entirely too young age of 22.

The Ohio Garrison is planning some kind of charity event as well. However I couldn't hear Jade-Walker over the noise so I have no clue what it is. Maybe she'll be kind enough to post about it.

All-Ohio Halloween Party - This idea was floated around at the All-Ohio Cookout since October 30th is a Saturday. No definitive plans have been formed as yet.

The entire JKOC would like to extend our hopes for a speedy recovery to Malo-Ha's friend, who is currently recovering from a back operation that, sadly, went wrong. This is the same gentleman who attended our June 19th m

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    We are also looking into the possibility of hosting Amy Allen and/or Joe Corroney (sp?) for autograph signings with proceeds going to B4KS 2005.

You got it right. ;)

Sounds like the meeting went very well, wish I could've been there. :)

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    And we did all that in an hour.

Of course then we hung out at the mall for 2 more hours, so it all evened out.

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You know, if we spend 1 hour in the actual meeting...and an other hour+ just hanging out together at the mall...I call that a good day!

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Suggestion: Next time could we maybe hold the meeting somewhere where people other than the two sitting directly next to Don and Geoff can actually hear anything that is said? I pretty much missed the entire meeting. And I was stitting right there! [face_plain]

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    yeah I know...one of the side-effects of having such a large turnout. It's scary to think we've gotten too large to meet at the "SW lookin' window" anymore.

11. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    It's scary to think we've gotten too large to meet at the "SW lookin' window" anymore.

no more window???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

-b-

12. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't think that the large group was the problem. I was only 2-3 seats down from you, Geoff. It's just that the music was so darn loud!

13. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    It really was too noisy to hear good. He had sinus surgery not back but there was nerve damage. It may take up to a year for him to recover. I haven't had a chance to get any more details so I don't know if the prognosis has improved or not.

I will start the comic thread as soon as I can get my modem to work or I can sneak in at work. Unfortunately I won't get the second replacement modem until Tuesday so my internet connection is at best unreliable.

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Woo hoo! Comics! The comics threads here at TF.N get WAY too big and no one at the comics sites I go to is ever interested in talking about the Star Wars one.

I guess I actually have to pay attention to what happens now.

15. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I haven't really read/skimmed many of the SW Comics... but I totally enjoyed the convo we (Don, Mary, and I) had about them at the meeting. I'd like to get into the Clone Wars ones more...

16. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    The comics thread is up in the EU Forum. I even made it easy by listing all the Clone Wars trades that are out so you can go check your library to see if they are there. I know Cuyahoga County has them.

I marked the forum as possible spoilers because some people consider knowing what happened between AOTC and ROTS as spoilers until they see the movie. So please keep any non-comic/book spoilers out of the thread until Ep3 is out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.